Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Are results from BabyQ and Quasar SP the same?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I would really, really appreciate some input from anyone who owns/has owned a BabyQ and a Quasar SP ... Winnie? Smile

I am almost ready to buy, and humming and ha-ing about it. It's a big investment, and I want to get the one that gives the maximum RESULTS. I don't mind how long it takes me to do the treatment.

Does the QSP actually give you better results than the Baby?

Many thanks!
C Little
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Here some info I posted today in another thread http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=27378:

mpstat wrote:
I contacted Quasar Light Therapywww.quasarpro.com regarding Quasar specifications. They promptly replied:

The output for the Maestro, BabyQ and Quasar Pro SP is about the same, the difference is in the size of the treatment heads. The red/infrared light wants put out 2.7 joules per minute. Since these are applied directly to the skin, you will receive about 6 to 8 joules in 4 + minutes of treatment in each skin area. Clinical studies show that 4 to 8 joules are required for the therapeutic benefit and more than 8 joules has no benefit.

The panel is measured a bit differently since it may stand away from the skin. The skin does reflect light. The output is 1 joule every 4.3 seconds for each panel.

And here is their response regarding DPL to Quasar comparison:
The DPL is an inexpensive plastic device. It is not made by a FDA registered manufacturer and the claims made are well beyond any that the FDA would consider acceptable. Since they do not follow the FDA rules there is no way to know how they manufacture their devices or what their quality might be.....

We are a FDA registered manufacturer with pre-marketing approvals on our devices. Our Quasars are machined from solid billets of aluminum and manufactured in the USA to the highest standards. We stand behind what we sell and as numerous testimonials on line will indicate, we are well respected for our service and support. Quasars have been reviewed in the New York Times, Vogue magazine, and Ocean Drive magazine.

In sum, there is no comparison between the DPL and Quasars. I suppose one gets what one pays for.

I need to say that both responses were very prompt, and it speaks up for the Quasar customer service. Also they stand behind the product from quality prospective, which is a plus.

The key phrase in the info from the manufacturer is:
The output for the Maestro, BabyQ and Quasar Pro SP is about the same, the difference is in the size of the treatment heads

Which in turn translates that the results should be the same, but since the treatment area sizes are different, the smaller units require more application time. If the time is not a factor for you should be OK with BabyQ.

I myself have not used BabyQ or Quasar SP devices though.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:41 am      Reply with quote
Very interesting - I currently have a Baby Q (which I really like) but I have recently been considering purchasing a QSP thinking that the results might be even better. However, the price difference between the Baby Q and QSP is considerable so I emailed Quasar Pro to ask (in simple terms) why the pro one was so much more expensive and if I could trade in my BQ. This is the reply:

They are similar in function. The professional model is sold to the consumer for between $1000 and $1200 depending whether it is purchased on time payments. The cost of manufacturing the professional model is significantly higher due to the cost of aluminum and components. For example, the case in which we send the professional model costs us over $30 US each.

Also note that the professional price includes a 10 year warranty, the consumer sale has a 1 year warranty.

According to their response, the main difference in the two devices seems to be in manufacturing costs. There is no mention of the QSP being stronger in output. The QSP has a slightly larger head so therefore, takes less time to use. Considering the fact that I am time rich and money poor, I might have to stick with my BQ for the time being.

I'd also be interested in hearing from those of you that have used both devices.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I have the SP and always thought it was more powerful then the BQ Confused . I love the larger head and quicker treatment time. However, for the difference in price there must be more. Think I will email AT.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Winnie,

I'd be interested to hear your response.

I communicated with Advanthera and was told that the results are exactly the same, the only difference is the amount of time it takes to do the treatment ...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Having owned both, I saw no difference in the results, but the Quasar was way too hot for me. So, I happily went back to the Baby Q and love it for the price.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I found the SP more powerful. Was it just in my head because I thought it would be? That being said, I love the unit and the way it makes my skin look. Because the BQ was tiny I found it took a ridiculous amount of time to do my neck and declotee. It is equally important for me to do below the face. Bad Grin I was also using (still do) the unit for post op foot pain. I will never regret my purchase. Smile

By all means purchase the BQ for the price. If you love it and want to try the SP you can always upgrade knowing you have a long trial period.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie!

Does it really take that long to do a treatment using the BabyQ? I remember scalawaggirl saying she used it on the highest setting, for 4 minutes each on her forehead, then each of the lower 2 halves of her face. I thought, well, 12 minutes a day isn't so bad ...

If I buy my BabyQ from essential day spa, does anyone know if I can still get an upgrade to the QSP at a later date?

I really want to get the unit with max results straight away, but don't mind about the time spent. Don't want to spend the extra cash though unless I really have to! Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
chickenlittle wrote:
Hi Winnie!

Does it really take that long to do a treatment using the BabyQ? I remember scalawaggirl saying she used it on the highest setting, for 4 minutes each on her forehead, then each of the lower 2 halves of her face. I thought, well, 12 minutes a day isn't so bad ...

If I buy my BabyQ from essential day spa, does anyone know if I can still get an upgrade to the QSP at a later date?

I really want to get the unit with max results straight away, but don't mind about the time spent. Don't want to spend the extra cash though unless I really have to! Smile

Yes, I believe you can do an upgrade when you buy from EDS. Please check with AT first. I doubt they changed policy but it is always good to know.

I use the SP for 20 to 30 minutes. It makes a difference if you use all three setting. Best results are achieved for my mature skin by using all three.

I am going to post the directions I received for the professional model in a separate thread. It will be posted in Tools and Do It Yourself Forum.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie,

If you contact AT I will also be very interested to hear their response. I was a little surprised with the reply I received.

Hi Chickenlittle,

I also only use my BQ on the green setting (the highest) but the face should be divided into 6 sections - so all up it takes 24mins to do the whole face. HTH

Carol
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:44 am      Reply with quote
I have just finished reading the directions for use of the QSP that Winnie posted - thanks Winnie!

Now I'm even more confused because the directions are basically the same for the Baby Q, that is 2mins each section in red and amber mode and 4mins per section in green mode. So unless the QSP is more powerful than the BQ, the results will be the same - surely, the only difference the bigger head of the QSP makes is that you have to move the smaller BQ around more.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Clarification
AdvanThera ( http://advanthera.com/ ) has changed to Quasar Light Therapy ( http://www.quasarpro.com/ ) The answer I received from
Quasar Light Therapywww.quasarpro.com regarding Quasar specifications IS the answer from AdvanThera: The output for the Maestro, BabyQ and Quasar Pro SP is about the same, the difference is in the size of the treatment heads.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for a side question here, but how have you gone about contacting AT? I have sent them two emails regarding my BabyQ, and still have not received a response. I saw a couple of threads that talked about how quickly the company has responded, but I've had the opposite luck. I was just curious if anyone here had had a response, or how long a response took for their questions. Thanks!!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
msaries1 wrote:
Sorry for a side question here, but how have you gone about contacting AT? I have sent them two emails regarding my BabyQ, and still have not received a response. I saw a couple of threads that talked about how quickly the company has responded, but I've had the opposite luck. I was just curious if anyone here had had a response, or how long a response took for their questions. Thanks!!

I emailed them Email: info@QuasarPro.com, they responded within 30 min - 1 hr
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
chickenlittle wrote:
Hi Winnie!

Yes, I believe you can do an upgrade when you buy from EDS. Please check with AT first. I doubt they changed policy but it is always good to know.

I use the SP for 20 to 30 minutes. It makes a difference if you use all three setting. Best results are achieved for my mature skin by using all three.

I am going to post the directions I received for the professional model in a separate thread. It will be posted in Tools and Do It Yourself Forum.

Hi all,

Just finished reading this thread and have been convinced to purchase the BabyQ. I have had 3 IPL sessions and considering the cost e1,200, the BabyQ seems like an excellent option between beauty therapies.
I look forward to purchasing this and taking pics.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
QUasarians,

I need your help. I've just gotten a unit off ebay. A few questions :

1. Is warranty included if u buy from ebay?

2. I dont see the voltage information 110 or 220?

THanks in advance!
KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:25 am      Reply with quote
When I was faced with choosing between the Baby Q and the SP after speaking with a very nice customer service gal at Quasar I choose the SP. This is why. They both do exactly the same thing but the head on the SP is larger and I like the ten year warranty. She said to take the plastic cover off the head and use the lights directly against my skin for maximum benefit. I use it for four minutes on each section on the most powerful mode which is red three times a week. I am not a good example to follow though as I just put it on my credit card. Very Happy
smittydog
5% products discount

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Since stumbling upon EDS I've learned more about skin care than I thought possible. And for the 1st time am considering devices to improve my appearance other than skin products. I was fascinated w/ the reviews of the Tua Trend & now LED therapy and add FE I'm soooooo overwhelmed! I want to do it all! I downloaded Ageless & have been doing those for 1wk. But I'm so excited over the idea of the other products, oh & there's copper peptides...what the heck? Would somebody please help me????
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Welcome, smittydog -- we have all been there. Instead of piggybacking onto this thread, maybe you want to start a new one that describes the issues you want to address.

If you are considering the BQ, my own experience is that it is a terrific device. I'm not sure it's any better or worse than the other LED toys. There are a lot of threads on the different LEDs that you probably should read if you are interested in acquiring an LED device.
smittydog
5% products discount

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Thx, I'm new to the forum & unsure of navigating the site & appropriate placement of questions & comments. (2nd posting)
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |