Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What's the most you would pay for Eyebrow Shaping?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Most of the eyebrow shaping services around me are fairly inexpensive - like $20-35. However there is this one "celebrity" eyebrow shaper artist that charges $120.

Although the price is totally insane to me for something that only takes about 10 minutes to do, I'm curious. I have not plucked my eyebrows at all in a long time so they are primed and ready to be shaped. The thing though is, I just keep wondering how dramatic a difference could the effect be from one stylist to the next? I know it's not the skill of taking the actual hair away, but the skill of knowing what the perfect shape for my face would be. I still wonder what could this woman do that would be so magical that it is worth $120. My eyebrows are not thick. They don't even look that bad with no plucking or interference at all. I don't like how thin they are, and just wonder since there is not that much hair to work with, what a stylist could do. How they'd give me that perfect arch and still leave enough hair there for it to look full - as is the new trend.
mila100
5% products discount

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
They charge $30 for eyebrow wax and do a great job.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:43 am      Reply with quote
Gosh, I think you can probably get a great shaping for $30-ish -- you just have to look in the right places.

What city do you live in? And what style-savvy people do you know? I do think it's important to have a brow shaper who knows about facial structure and brow design, and not just hair removal. But I'd NEVER pay $120 for that! (I'm also lucky enough to have found not one but two great waxists here in Seattle, which is not exactly the Big Apple when it comes to selection -- so I imagine that even if you're in the middle of nowhere, there'd be SOMEONE good at this. You just have to find him/her!)

I'd say to check on review sites like Citysearch and Yelp, and to also ask your hairstylist, plus anyone you see who has fab brows. It might sound weird, but if you phrase your question like a super-flattering compliment, I'm sure people will love having their egos stroked and they'll fess up to who their go-to stylist is. Then you'll be in on the hot brow secret!

And I have to say, I ESPECIALLY wouldn't pay a ton if you don't have much to work with in the first place. I'd be oddly concerned that someone who charged that much would try to live up to some sort of drastic expectation, and might remove more than was actually necessary in order to make you feel like you'd gotten your money's worth! Maybe that's an insane paranoia, but hey, that's how I roll. Laughing Good luck and let us know what you figure out!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
i just have a eyebrow wax of paula dorf, never knew brow wax is such a disaster to me until i got it.
a waste of money Exclamation
mila100
5% products discount

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Check this website for a location in Seattle. anastasia.net/cs/storelocator/
I really like it.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
around $20!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
$120 for eye brows sounds insane ... Shock Shock I pay $10 for threading and can not be happier. An Indian friend of mine who goes to places where predominantly Indian people in the area go says that she gets eyebrow shaped for $6 (and I love her eyebrows! Exclamation ) and she thinks that I am paying too much. For what I am getting I would not mind spending more, I really like the threading result Very Happy Very Happy , my eyebrow girl threads, shapes, and trims. At the same time I spend $200 for hair cut with highlights . Sad
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
... the most I would pay would be $20 - $25
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
That's a great price for threading. I'm paying $17 for an Indian lady here in Seattle. She's very sweet and does an ok (not amazing) job. I keep hearing threading should be cheaper so I'm going to consider looking around and driving farther.
I'm using retin A so I can't do waxing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
I live in Atlanta... I did not know that with Retin-A one can not do waxing... Why is that?

Here is my post on waxing vs. threading from http://wwwhttp://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=27465
mpstat wrote:
... Both women that did threading for me offered waxing services as well. I asked both of them what on their opinion is better threading or waxing, and both replied that they favored threading over waxing. The reason was just the same as you specified waxing pulls the skin more.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard of eyebrow salons that charge $100 or more for a session and are fully booked for months. I recently went for threading at a new salon closer to work, and the lady did a wonderful job for only $13 including upperlip... It does not cost $100 for someone to make your brows shaped well. There are several experienced ladies around my district who would only charge around $5 for complete eyebrow shaping, not just touch ups. You just have to find the right person Surprised
lynnec
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:06 am      Reply with quote
It's ridiculous to pay that much for eyebrow shaping! Really, it's just eyebrows! I pay $15 and get it done while I'm in the salon getting my hair done.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I would pay whatever it takes for the best eyebrow shaping for my face, providing this person could prove that they are better for me then I would just maintain the work they did.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:05 am      Reply with quote
$3.00

I go to "little india" in Vancouver, and get them threaded. I've been going there for 8 years and always get tons of compliments on my eyebrows. They have been groomed into a great shape, and they even emphasized the "thick" but groomed shape that is in style now back then.

I usually also get my upper lip threaded too when i go, so that brings my total to a whopping $6.00.

I used to pay tons for waxing, but i find it's easier for the technician to make mistakes, and over time, it's just too much to pay.

I'm addicted to threading!!!

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:55 am      Reply with quote
$20 is ok for me. $120 is so expensive ~~.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:33 am      Reply with quote
I would say round 15-20 dollars nothing more than that. Although iv never had any threading or waxing done on my eyebrow.

before i used to pluck myself.

Now im getting the permanant shape done by electrolysis and that still does not cost be more than 15 dollars id say. Very Happy

Anything more than 20 would be just crazy too me Laughing

People think expensive = better quality but that is just good marketing hype which has been drummed into our heads. Tell me how many times have you bought a very expensive product only to be disspointed in the end but a cheaper product doing the job well. Apply the same principle.
And again EXPENSIVE NOT EQUAlS BETTER QUALITY Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:51 am      Reply with quote
30 is the limit Embarassed
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:35 am      Reply with quote
less than 10 is fine Razz
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:58 am      Reply with quote
steffers wrote:
$3.00

I go to "little india" in Vancouver, and get them threaded. I've been going there for 8 years and always get tons of compliments on my eyebrows. They have been groomed into a great shape, and they even emphasized the "thick" but groomed shape that is in style now back then.

I usually also get my upper lip threaded too when i go, so that brings my total to a whopping $6.00.

I used to pay tons for waxing, but i find it's easier for the technician to make mistakes, and over time, it's just too much to pay.

Hi Steffers!
I am in Vancouver area too, can you tell me where you go for your eyebrows? TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I pay $12 for a brow shaping and waxing at a fairly upscale Day Spa. $120 - No way that's ridiculous!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I had my eyebrows waxed just once and it was quite cheap maybe about £4 and was done after I had a dermalogica facial. I wasn't impressed with the result really. I think that the perfect brow for your face does make a nice diffrence but the person doing it has to be an artist and have "vision" as much as a having the technical skill to do the job. They would need to be able to really listen to you and work with your own needs. I would be prepared to pay a lot more than £4 for someone with all these skills. Until I get a really great personal reccomendation I'll stick to doing my brows myself ... I have a fringe anyway at the moment!
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Boy $120.00 sounds very expensive and I certainly would not pay that for a eye brow shaping. I pay $8.00 for waxing!
steffers
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
steffers wrote:
$3.00

Hi Steffers!
I am in Vancouver area too, can you tell me where you go for your eyebrows? TIA

The place is on Fraser at 52nd (approx), and it is called "New Vision." If it is busy, you will be asked to take a number. You can also call ahead and make an appt.

Very Happy

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I pay $3.00 for threading my eyebrows as well. I go to a salon in Surrey (vancouver area) there are tonnes of Indian Salons here that only charge $3-5 for eyebrow threading and they do an amazing job.
I go every two weeks- even when i only have a little bit coming back because it is so inexpensive to get them cleaned up- six bucks a month is nothing!
I would never pay more than $5 each time!
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
I do tweezing myself. =)
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |