Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Undereye circles.....GONE!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sleepy

Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
[quote="daydreamingda"][quote="brenpatsa"]Anybody else try this and get good results? I looked at the ingredients and nothing jumps out as earth-shattering but if works well for lots of people, then hey, I am all for it!![/quote]

i seconded! cant see any miracle ingredients in it...[/quote]

This sounds strange, but that's another reason why I like it. The ingredient list is fairly short, and there isn't any "miracle" ingredient. If I had a dollar for every time I fell for something with supposed miracle ingredients, I would be a very rich woman! Laughing

I'm just happy to find something that works!

PS--I found that pairing it with the Cellcosmet eye cream after about 30 minutes after applying is giving me even better results. Yayness!! Very Happy
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone heard a PS speak of one of the main causes of dark eye circles as very thin skin under the eyes? I saw a website where there had been very good results getting rid of them with fat grafts (and fillers I THINK, but not sure) It showed some B/A pics which were pretty good.

What about laser treatments? One article says that has good results, around $1,500 for 3 treatments.

A Derm from the Mayo clinic says surprisingly the main cause is nasal congestion.

Superficial blood vessels in the skin can also create ''a dark cast in some individuals all of the time, particularly if they have sinus problems or other problems which increase venous pressure in the area," said Dr. Bernard Cohen, a dermatologist at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.

The circles often get worse when a person hasn't slept because of swelling around the eyes. Rubbing the eyes, as people with allergies often do, can also make things worse because this thickens and inflames the skin on eyelids.

Some people are born with a relatively deep hollow, or ''tear trough," in the corner of the eye near the nose, which can cast a shadow near the corner of the eye, said Dr. Sandy Tsao, a dermatologist at Massachusetts General Hospital. Other people, particularly those of Mediterranean descent, are born with dark pigmentation in the dermis layer of the skin, ''which creates a blue-black hue below the eyes."

This cream sound cool. Smile
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to probably get a sample of Sothys at EDS, but it seems they don't have promo on Sothys i.e. if you buy for at least $100, you get a promo kit or anything..... but it will definitely on my list on my next order with EDS. I would like to try it!!!! Thanks!!!!

sleepy wrote:
Hey everyone!

I've been perusing this site for about three years, and have used many of your great tips! Now, I finally have one of my own to share.

I am soooooooo excited! I have always had really dark undereye circles, that looked alot like dark rings under my eyes. They are an unfortunate inherited thing. My mother has the exact same problem, and so does my 7 yr old son. I have tried (almost) everything under the sun, and some things, like PTR K cream, have worked a little, nothing has really helped that much.

I got a sample of Sothys destressing eye mask when I ordered a sample of the Cellcosmet eye cream. Needless to say, I was more excited by the Cellcosmet because of all of the great reviews. However, I found myself drawn to the Sothys, probably because I am a sucker for anything that has the word mask on it.... Laughing Anyways, I have been using the Sothys for three days now, and I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror and was shocked! My first thought was that I must have gone to bed with some concealor still on, but upon closer inspection.....my eyes were free of makeup! To me this is nothing short of a miracle. I've already ordered the one ounce size, which should last at least 6 months because you need so little.

Sorry for the uber-rambling post, but I just wanted to share my discovery! Dark circles no more! Very Happy
azdesertgal
5% products discount

Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing your success story, sleepy! I too have the dark circles and have tried so many products w/o any noticable results.

Gayle's info is spot on. I have sinus and allergy problems and the dark circles worsen with sinus or congestion issues, and of course lack of sleep.

I'm going to give these two products a try!
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I hate my dark circles. I'm going to give it a try. for the post.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I did it! I just placed my order for the Sothy's eye mask.
I've just recently started developing under eye circles, so I hope that this product will nip them in the bud before they get worse.
I will update on my progress once I try it out.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Well I got the eye mask, have been using it consistently night and day for the last 12 days or so- no changes in under eye circles yet Sad
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sleepy, thanks for your sharing, you gave me a hope to resolve my problem which honestly has been given up.... ok, can I reconfirm that you apply the mask just like an eye cream at night time before you go to bed every evening? I will definitely give it a try and want to know how could I get the best result!! Thanks in advance!
aarietta
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info!
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Is this a daily eye mask? Most people use a nightly eye cream, so I am wondering how that works. Do you just lay off the eye creams, or alternate.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
yomama606 wrote:
Is this a daily eye mask? Most people use a nightly eye cream, so I am wondering how that works. Do you just lay off the eye creams, or alternate.

I've been applying it at night and day, I wash my face and then put the mask on, then let it sink in for about 10 mins, then put my eyecream on over top.

I've also tried just using the mask at night as well with no eyecream.
I haven't seen any difference in my dark circles. But it did work for Sleepy.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |