Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What Do You Do With Your Unwanted Products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have a growing collection of products that I will never use. Some are new and unopened, some are very used but still have something left. I feel so guilty just pitching this stuff, and don't know of anyone who would want it. I don't want to post on MakeupAlley Swap because I don't want anything in return.

What do you guys do?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
You could donate the new and unopened to a local women's shelter, clean out and recycle the packaging of the very used.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
You could donate the new and unopened to a local women's shelter, clean out and recycle the packaging of the very used.

I feel like a schmuck for what I sometimes do after this - what a lovely idea!

I either use it on my hands/decollete/body or I (if I really don't like it) just toss it.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:

I did a massive donation two years ago. Three big bags later, my sister was shocked that my "inventory" was still the same.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
At my school, we did a cosmetics and toiletries drive for our women's shelter and homeless shelter and collected unbelievable amounts of unused or barely used items. We were especially interested in those hotel sized soaps, shampoos, etc. which are the most useful in homeless shelters.

It's a really easy kind of drive to put on, since so many people have those things kicking around unused in their stashes.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:59 am      Reply with quote
I give them away to friends and family and feel incredibly guilty in the process Smile My family will not need to buy anymore body washes, shampoos and conditoners in this lifetime heh
karenbrown
5% products discount

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:10 am      Reply with quote
I give mine to an old peoples home down the road from me. They love it especially the nail lacquer and lipstick!
Karen Smile
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I try to swap them on MUA, or give them to my aunt.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I give away or donate unopened products. If opened, I try to use them elsewhere if possible. For example, an unliked face cream becomes a lux foot cream.

londonfan wrote:
I try to swap them on MUA, or give them to my aunt.

Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I give them away to my sisters or my friends and if they are not interested I just toss them.
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I like the idea of giving the un-opened stuff to a women's shelter. If I've opened a product and realized that I don't like it, I usually give it to one of my friend or sisters whose skin it might suit.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I give them to our nanny. She loves trying the new products and looks forward to the monthly stash of samples.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:17 am      Reply with quote
I slather it on my arms, legs, butt, etc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:34 am      Reply with quote
I look at them guiltily and then find a day when I have courage to throw out the older items ...

I tell my hubby that they have "expired" Shock and hopes he doesn't check Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I give them to my friends.
But usually I *try* to finish all of them before I purchase anything new Smile unless the stuff is not suitable for my skin.
For makeup, I keep them.. coz I feel so guity to throw them away! (thinking maybe some day I might wanna use it LOL)
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I donate to women's shelter or give them to other EDS members who were thinking of trying the product.
suzannek
5% products discount

Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I swap all of my unwanted products with my sister and donate the remainder to an assisted living home.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |