Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Topical estrogen to keep skin from aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this and does it help?I think I just started menopause and I heard that topical estrogen can keep your skin from losing collagen which happens in menopause.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I have never heard of this. Are there creams or potions for sale that sell this, or do they apply it at a derm or so?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I just noticed if you google topical estrogen for sale on the internet you can buy topical estrogen(for the face I think) for about $50. Has any bought bought this on line and is happy with it?When you apply it to the face it is only suppose to benefit the skin, not like taking it internally.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:36 am      Reply with quote
The skin is a sponge, and products that are applied topically are absorbed through the skin into the body/whole system. Consider the birth control patch that has caused so many terrible deaths and strokes, etc. I would be wary of applying topical estrogen without a lot of reliable research and data to clarify proper use, amount, and possible side effects.

lucyluc wrote:
I just noticed if you google topical estrogen for sale on the internet you can buy topical estrogen(for the face I think) for about $50. Has any bought bought this on line and is happy with it?When you apply it to the face it is only suppose to benefit the skin, not like taking it internally.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I once read topical estrogen applied to facial skin brings about the greatest improvement than any other thing out there. Collagen, small pores, youthful plumping, glow, etc... sounds wonderufl. However, this was using a pharmacy compounded .03% Estriol cream (I think this was the strength). I perceived this to be a low concentration and the study showed no measurable increase to the estrogen levels in the blood. I would only pursue this if I was under the care of a doctor who was willing to measure hormone levels to ensure I wasn't throwing my hormones out of whack in case it did absorb through the skin into the blood. Hormones are fragile and if you introduce one without monitoring/balancing the others you can really screw things up.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I am also at the menopausal stage of life.

I would be very leary about applying estrogen to my face.

You might want to look into Soy Isoflavones.

You can buy them at SkinActives or Garden of Wisdom and add it to your face cream, or buy a cream that already has it added such as Skinceuticals Face Cream or L'Oreals Vichy Novadiol.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I heard of this as well. I think it was on Oprah,some women discussing why they looked so young for their age. One woman Vicki Mackarvich (58 years old) said it was because she used "vagina cream" on her face Shock . She did look really good for her age and it has caused a bit of noise on the internet.
Here are some links:
http://www.kitv.com/irresistible/4465646/detail.html

This is one contains some adult humour so I hope it is okay to put it it is pretty funny and you get to see the lady and judge for yourself:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=125438&title=helms-thinking-outside-the-box&tag=generic_tag_aging&itemId=122684

Pls don't watch this clip if your likely to be offended and I apologise in advance if this isn't okay!
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Here is another interesting link about using natural progesterone cream:

http://www.womens-menopause-health.com/premarin_and_aging.htm

I might be more likely to try this if it is safer, although I'm not sure if it is useful if you are not coming to the menopause.

I use Retin A around my eyes and worry enough about that without adding something else, still it's interesting. Lots of stuff on the net about it anyway!
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
If you put this on your face it soaks it up like one of the other forum members mentioned. I use natural progesterone but I would not put it on my face and try soya products.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I actually have heard soy products are very bad for you so I dont use them.
mary jane wimberly

Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Years ago my Mother born in 1918 used Helena Rubenstein Ultra Feminine Cream, guess what the last two ingredients were. Estrogen and Progesterone. In 1972 went to buy a jar and they said it was taken off the market in U.S. because it was considered a cosmetic drug. I personally do Natural Hormones I am now 55. I get my script with a full ml daily dose, i put 3/4 on my neck and 1/4 on my face everynight. I am a Medical Aesthetician so I am a face maniac for results. I also use retinol everynight and C products in the day. I am very happy. I sleep great, no depression or anxiety, good weight.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I know mary jane wimberly is quite correct, many OB/GYN's will give women a prescription for the cream for two reasons vaginal dryness and as a facial cream. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Oh-oh Embarassed

I used Premarin ointment on my face (it was supposedly for my women's parts), two months later ended up with baaaaaaad hyperpigmentation. I don't know if it helped with thickness and wrinkles at all and I don't care, but if you are prone to melasma or dark patches on your face, be very careful with that.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
If estrogen cream is supposed to have an effect on the skin, wouldn't a low dose estrogen pill - lie a BC pill?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
Here is another interesting link about using natural progesterone cream:

http://www.womens-menopause-health.com/premarin_and_aging.htm

I might be more likely to try this if it is safer, although I'm not sure if it is useful if you are not coming to the menopause.

I use Retin A around my eyes and worry enough about that without adding something else, still it's interesting. Lots of stuff on the net about it anyway!

Natural progesterone cream is said to relieve PMS, has a soothing and relaxing effect without all of the side effects of the synthetic progestins.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
alexes wrote:
If estrogen cream is supposed to have an effect on the skin, wouldn't a low dose estrogen pill - lie a BC pill?

Yes I've been on the pill 6 years. It has helped delay wrinkling quite a bit. I will be on some kind of estrogen the rest of my life, not just for my skin but because of how it helps my whole system. I'm a zombie without it.

To make the estrogen more effective as well as to help prevent cancer I've started cycling in progesterone cream 20 mg 10 days out of the month. According to the medical research I've read, progesterone prevents cancer. However I've also read that you can get cancer on hormones irregardless. Have been reading Suzanne Somer's book on cancer; her oncologist Julie Taguchi, who has a mainstream practice, says her patients on anti estrogen meds do no better than those on bioidenticals. She says doctors don't know if hormones are dangerous. As per WHI, it was the Prempro (synthetic progestin) not the Premarin that caused cancer and heart attacks. The Premarin only group did ok.
shirl
5% products discount

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
If someone is concerned about too much estrogen in their systems would a soy facial product be ok to use? Any thoughts?
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
She says doctors don't know if hormones are dangerous. As per WHI, it was the Prempro (synthetic progestin) not the Premarin that caused cancer and heart attacks. The Premarin only group did ok.

Yes but the Premarin group was women with hysterectomy (i.e. no uterus). Taking unopposed estrogen (Premarin) is associated with uterine cancer.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
patzy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I don't understand where one poster got the idea soy products are dangerous. Imagine centuries of Chinese/Asian women who ingested soy products and still do. If there was a problem, it would show up by now. (of course, there are those who are allergic to soy out there, but probably know already as so many products have soy in the ingredients.
There is a lot of hype against hormone replacement, which is now being disproved.
Of course, never take estrogen without taking progesterone.
Many doctors are now saying women at the first signs of menopause should replace with hormones and use them the rest of their lives to avoid the sufferig brought on by menopause. In the years we are plumped by and full of thesse hormones are the years the least cases of cancers are found, it is when women hit menopausal and post menopausal years, that the incidences rise. Tells one something doesn't it?
Studies in the U.S. most commonly say No to hormone supplementation, but their findings are poor to say the least, and other countries who aren't so Big Pharma controlled have done several studies that state the opposite. Do your research, I have and feel comfortable using topcal estrogens and progesterone (USP aka micronized) Soy or yam products aren't going to do anything escept act as a lotion to seal in moisture and we know estrogen depleted skin is beyond dry!!
I can post some studies and info if anyone is interested. After just a week of topical estrogen my slight urinary incontinence is gone and so is urinary urgency. I'm awaiting my order of more estrogen and progesterone. I plan on taking it daily and then 3xs an year cycling it so I'll get a period to cleanse the uterus of the endometrial lining. Many Young gals are on BC that leaves them only having 3 or 4 periods a year, so if the good (?)old FDA is allowing that......
I'm tired of the patriarchal medical system telling women Menopause is natural and it is something that must be endured. :P Rolling Eyes
ting27

Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
My first post!

I don't know about topical estrogen, but I have tried topical progesterone for hormonal issues.

It definitely had an effect on my body. So I'm thinking why couldn't topical estrogen be effective on skin as well?

Also, I heard that topical treatments are much more potent than ingesting estrogen capsules as liver detoxifies most of it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Exactly (topical vs oral)! And they are hard on one's liver. (and you don't get the full dose like you do using the topical route.) Usually always best to bypass the liver when dealing with hormones and vitamin supplements.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
This is interesting. I would deffinetely take bioidentical hormones when I get older. I never thought about taking them earlier though (I'm 34). Though I have been reading more things about hormones because I've been trying to figure out the cause of my excessively thin skin (seeing the veins all over my body). Some of the things suggested that too high of levels of cortisol can cause thin skin as well as too low of estrogen levels. I'm still confused though by the estrogen and what's too high or too low.

Some things I've read though suggest that progestrogen drops in women long before estrogen does, and that it helps to lower cortisol and to balance estrogen levels, so it sounds safer. It also said pregnolian is good too and helps increase the production of DHEA. Another thing that increases DHEA is topical magnesium gels!

I have had anxiety disorders for a long time and especially the past several years with lots of stress! I think that has something to do with the excess cortisol, and cortisol contributes to quicker aging (why they say stress ages you!!!)

There is a book on that actually I need to read:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0897934792/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

This was also a good article:

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/three-hormones.shtml

Those who take the topical estrogen, did it make your breasts fuller? Bonus I guess if it does!!!

34, dry thin skin with sun damage and pigmentation, dark circles, texture issues, a few fine lines, despised NLs, and lots of potential! Using 20% C serum, Osmosis Enlighten with vitamin A, Sunscreen, Lightstim, lots of supplements, green smoothies and juices, searching for the fountain of youth and looking into facial exercise and massage as well.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Suzanne Somers' books have lots of information about hormones. I recommend Ageless. She wrote one or two after that but I haven't read them yet. Ageless also addresses the problem men have with lower testosterone.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Bioidentical estrogen should be used for peri menopausal symptoms such as waking at night, insomnia, dry eyes, etc, not as a "skin care product". I have Nancy Deville's new book Happy Sexy Healthy. She is arguably a better writer than Suzanne!

http://www.nancydeville.com/

Use BHRT only if you need to. Diet and exercise should be addressed first before 40 imo........
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
So you recommend the book Gretchen? Nancy DeVille"s sister is an EDS member ...
one of my favorite EDSers.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |