Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Dr. Alkaitis
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used any of the products from this line? I saw them advertised on Saffron Rouge...

http://www.saffronrouge.com/site/Newsletters/20080122_dr_alkaitis/dr_alkaitis_site.html
bugfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
I got saffron newsletter this morning. It's the first time I know of this brand. Hope that insider club could send a few samples for me to try.
Deneve
5% products discount

Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
I also got the Saffron Rouge newsletter this morning. I'm excited about it and hope for some of the insider samples as well. I really hope it's good because Kristin is also raving about it.
ravenair
5% products discount

Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:24 am      Reply with quote
I wonder about the shelf life of these products. Raw and life ingredients with a lot of water sound like a recipe for bacteria.

I'm sold on the concept since I only use natural skin care, but I think if you use raw ingredient it should be used up rather fast ( within days)

If it has a long shelf life it sounds more like a marketing gimmick to me, b/c something has to preserve it.

5% products discount

Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:27 am      Reply with quote
for example making your own mask out of cucumbers. Would you after cutting and grinding a raw cucumber, mixing it with a few other ingredients and putting it into a bottle use it after even a week? Keep in mind that you won't refrigerating your products.

I don't know. I have to see for myself first.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also really curious about these products and dying to try them. BTW, they don't use water, they use aloe vera gel. The preservatives are citrus seed extract and essential oils. They also do not claim to be 100% raw products. They are made with many raw ingredients. What is "raw"? We're just not used to hearing that term in skin care. Cold pressed oils are raw. Plant waxes can be raw. Herbal extracts are raw, though they have a very long shelf life because they are extracted into alcohol. Raw and living, in this instance, means that the ingredients haven't been heated above 118 degrees. That is the temp. at which the enzymes start to "die" and the ingredient isn't as biologically active. I hope that clears up some confusion!
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have used most of the products from this line.
They are seriously high quality products.
I especially love the toner and day cream. Lots of people love the eye cream. It's very light and absorbs quickly.
I'm currently using the cleanser. I like it. I prefer milk cleansers, but for removing sunscreen and makeup, this cleanser does the trick.
They also have a really nice oil blend that I like and use sometimes.
These products are very active compared to other natural brands like Jurlique and Dr. Hauschka.
These products also don't contain any water, which means they are more potent.
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Lucinda! I'm currently using evanhealy, and although I like it more than any other organic/natural line I've tried (and I've been pretty faithful- that's saying a lot for me!) I feel like I need to "kick it up a notch" if you know what I mean. I have to say that I'm impressed by all the esthetician raves on the Dr. A. website. What changes have you noticed in your skin, and, since it's rather expensive, which are the core products you can't live without?
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Probably the day cream and the toner.
The eye cream is very light. I thought it was too light, it's probably a mental thing, but I like eye creams to be kind of thick. But, a lot of people rave about the eye cream. It's more like a eye lotion.
The enzyme mask is also great.
You can buy a starter kit which has mini sizes of all the products. I think it's around $50.
havana8

Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
If your skin is sensitive, take care with the enzyme mask. I received two samples of it and both times I have used it, my skin became completely hot and inflamed for a few days after. Something in it completely disagrees with my sensitive skin making a "no go" for me.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is sensitive, and I have never had a reaction like that! I find it is more gentle than the Juice Beauty Apple Peal.
Skin types react differently obviously.
I have heard that you shouldn't use that mask if you are using retin A etc. I'm not sure exactly of the details... But the place where I get facials in NYC uses these products, and I believe they mentioned something like that.
havana8

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
It was last year when I tried it and up until that time hadn't been using any Retin products, but that's interesting as I haven't seen that stated on his website nor on the packaging that came with it. I remember it mentioning not to use a few of the products if you were allergic to strawberries which thankfully I am not. I've never had that kind of a reaction either but something in it just really disagreed with my skin. After the second time, I finally grabbed a brain and applied plain yogurt on my face for a couple hours which helped it calm down considerably. Couldn't use the toner either. It's funny how we are all so different and that "sensitive" can really be such a broad term.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, are they the same line?

http://www.lovelula.com/cat_dr_alkaitis.cfm
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:51 am      Reply with quote
rainbowcheng, yes that's the same line I believe.
They've begun bringing the Dr Alkaitis products out here in the UK over the last few months, but we don't have the entire range here yet. Actually I enquired about samples from a few places and again they didn't seem to have any up unto a few weeks ago. Managed to get hold of the day, night and eye cream aswell as the cleanser and sadly I was a bit disappointed. Not that the samples were in any way big enough for me to give them a long enough trial, but I just didn't like the consistancy of the products, they seemed to leave my skin looking a little shiny.
The cleanser, I love the ingrediant list and felt it left skin really clean, but afterwards, even though I have combo skin, my skin felt a little tight and dry.
I'm still interested in their products but would try to obtain some more samples before purchasing anything in a full size.
jazzoet

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm a new member as of today. I was able to get just about all of the products including day/night, eye, toner, soothing gel, facial cleanser, the sample kit and 4 of the masks. Can someone tell me what I should use? I used to have oily skin but had a regimen of accutane for one year as prescribed by my dermatology and I no longer have oily skin. Wow! I was using Revale SkinCare Products and they seemed to be working, but I wanted to see what Dr. Alkaitis was all about. One thing for sure is that the fell and smell of the Organic Nourishing Treatment Oil from the sample pack is exceptional. Thanks for any information or tips. Bad Grin Very Happy Smile
Saphire
5% products discount

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi I used Dr Alkaitis products a couple of years ago after hearing positive reviews. Unfortunately this line did not agree with my sensitive and dry skin. Initially it improvd the clarity of my skin, however, I developed really pronounced naso labial lines that went all the way down to my chin. I looked 10 years older. It took me sometime to get my skin back to looking the way it did before I started using the products.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |