Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

pH Advantage Basics, One-Step Cleanser Fragrance-Free (236 ml / 8 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Clinical Concentrate Radiance Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml)
Any advice for using Zineryt (erythromycin-zinc solution)?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm off Differin gel now because it really wasnt helping with my acne! Didnt fade marks and I continued to get breakouts. So went to the GP about that and some other skin issues, and he wants me to go on ZINERYT, which is a solution containing erythromycin and zinc acetate for topical usage.
The ingredients are erythromycin, zinc acetate, ethanol Shock and di-isopropyl sebacate (no idea what this is...do you?).
I'm a bit scared of going on this, as I cant seem to find any info about this on here or MUA. I'm patch testing this on just a small area on my forehead where I have 3 pimples.
Would love to know if there's anything I should look out for whilst using this.

Thanks! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi yeahyeah,

I used to use this years ago and it did work. I used one whole bottle and then stopped, once I stopped the acne came back and when I went back on it it was no longer as effective Sad .
I now take an oral antibiotic Tetralysal 300 which does work for the most part although I still get a monthly hormonal breakout. I have been on these tablets for 2 years mow which I am a bit concerened about but when I tried to stop the acne came back. I also use retin a which I purchase myself online. I think this also helps and helps to fade the red marks from past acne as well although it does make your skin go red and peel at first.
I used Differin Gel in the past and didn't really like it much I prefer the combo I am on now as I can keep my acne in check and the retin a is also anti-aging.
Maybe ask your GP about Retin A as this would be better than ordering online but give the zineryt a go as it did work for a time.

Hope this Helps

Pandora x

P.S. are you in the UK ? If so pls let me know if your GP okays the Retin A as I have never heard of them prescribing in the UK on the NHS.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pandora

Thanks for your help! Yeah I'm in the UK too! wave

I've also used Differin gel and an oral antibiotic too, and both of them didnt work for me either. However, I didnt give the really oral antibiotics time, as I didnt take them daily and after reading how you can be resistant to it and other side effects, I told my GP that I dont want to continue taking them.

I did want to ask my GP for Retin-A, but because I wasnt purely seeing him about my acne, but about a rash on my face due to some kind of allergy or something, I was sure he wouldnt prescribe a strong topical with my face so sensitive and red right now.

I would def ask him about Retin-A if the Zineryt doesnt work. Dont know why but I keep thinking its not going to, as I hate using anti-biotics. But I will use it for a full 12 weeks, then see him again during my Easter break about the Retin-A.
Hmm, I do wonder why they wont prescribe you Retin-A though....

If anyone using Zineryt, please share your experiences!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
BTW Pandora...How did you use the Zineryt?
After cleansing, did you wait x minutes before applying it?
And did you have to wait after applying the Zineryt?
Can you use moisturiser, AHA, BHA or other products on top of the Zineryt?

Sorry for all the questions! Embarassed
Thanks

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:42 am      Reply with quote
I've been using it for about a year now and i have to admit, not daily and nightly like you're supposed to. I find that it works to an extent and fades spots but as soon as i stop using it they just get bad again. You're supposed to be able to put moisturiser/makeup on top of it but i find it just comes off when you do that so only use it at night. I'm guessing you've tried it by now? are you on retin A? if so what's it like?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Thalgo Marine Shower Gel (250 ml / 8.45 floz) Shira Shir-Radiance Corrective Rx Wrinkle & Pore Minimizer (30 ml)