Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I think I've seen the last of the "Wow!" factor
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
It's recently occurred to me that I'm not likely to experience the "Wow!" effect from any new products that I add to my regime. And that's okay, actually.

I paid little attention to skincare (beyond cleansing and occasional moisturizing) until I was in my late forties. At that point, my skin was seriously stressed (illness, chemotherapy, radiation) and I was referred to a wonderful dermatologist who prescribed Retin A (and two followup prescription retinoids) which I couldn't tolerate.

Then she suggested Vitamin C. And my first "Wow!" experience--a lovely glow, and over time a definite increase in healthy firmness and decrease in sun damage and melasma. And she suggested non-prescription retinoids too--and another "Wow!" I've added peptides around the eyes--I think a mini-wow at best. AHA exfoliants, pumpkin mask, Clarisonic--all nice but not the dramatic "wow!" of earlier items. It seems that early intervention and action creates a dramatic impact, but once you are taking good care of your skin, you're less likely to see measurable improvement. So anything I may add will possibly cause a slowing of aging or even a slight improvement, but the days of the dramatic "Wow!" are in the past. But I'm fine with that--it means that most of the gross damage that can be fixed has been fixed and I'm fending off current damage.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:20 am      Reply with quote
You make a good point. Initial repairs are very effective, but after that there is only so far you can go. I guess beyond that, it is maintenance.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Well, if the "Wow" factor did not subside, we would become literal goddesses... and that just cannot be on this earth... Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Flitcraft, what C product were you initially using, and what C product do you currently use? Thanks.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
anomaly wrote:
Well, if the "Wow" factor did not subside, we would become literal goddesses... and that just cannot be on this earth... Smile

Lol. Yes I agree. Very Happy
BumbleB
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I can understand what you mean, however I am still in the stage where I'm hoping & praying a new product just might work this time.
I wait for the day that I look in the mirror and think "Mehh" instead of "AAaaaaagh!!" Very Happy
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I started off with Cellularskin-rx, which is 12% l-ascorbic acid in a very stable carrier fluid. It feels slightly oily in consistency, though it has no oil in it, and absorbs quickly. Later on I tried PSF's Vitamin C serum in a glycerin base, but it was a bit too sticky in consistency and it didn't seem as stable. It would get brown over time. I understand that PSF has reformulated its C serum since then, so these comments may not apply anymore. I've tried Vivier once, but it is so much more expensive and I honestly didn't see that it worked any better than the cheaper Cellularskin-rx. So, now I'm back to where I started. To be honest, if they made a 20% version, I'd be all over it, but I'm happy enough with the results and the cost of it.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hang in there, Bumble B! It takes time for good products to show evidence that they're working for you. Meanwhile, the experience of others here on the forum are a great source of real life information about what has worked and what has not for them. Let us know your experiences, too.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:42 am      Reply with quote
To be honest it has taken me months feel any of that wow factor, finally after using Retin A for months I am beginning to see results after ramping up the strength I use. I feel I am at last getting some place and it has really motivated me to keep going. Being "only" 30 Laughing I do think that once I have refined the texture and evened tone of my skin I cannot really expect to see much more diffrence and so will shift my emphasis to maintaining what I have rather than seeking further improvments but at the moment I am enjoying my wow factor Very Happy .
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Actually flitcraft, I'd like to congratulate you..cos it sounds like you don't have any major skin issues that would require a "wow" product cure!

Will work towards that too! *God grant me patience..

Cheers! Wink
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ah, Ambien, if only that were true! Actually, I have a number of lines-and-wrinkles issues (fine lines on the forehead, those pesky 11's, and moderate crows feet) and hooded eyelids and a hollowing under my eyes. The thing is, I strongly suspect that no cream or potion will eliminate those things and I'm unwilling to try more drastic surgical methods. I'm happy to have dealt with other fine lines, sagging, melasma, uneven skin tone, etc. even if I still have lots of skin issues. Recently I was working with some co-workers on a publication and we came across some pictures of me from about ten years ago, and someone spontaneously blurted out, "Wow! You look a lot younger now than you did then." (And was embarrassed, I think.) I wasn't though. I'm satisfied to have undone some damage and to be holding back the hands of time to some extent. That's enough for me...
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Lol, I think you just made your point, you really don't need a wow cure! What more can one want, to look younger and better than 10yrs ago without surgery?!

Just like what Anomaly said, past a certain point, it'd be unnatural and unrealistic... Wink
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
i dont think the wow factor really goes i think alot of the time you need to switch up your products and ''rev up your skin'' you cant expect to use the same produts all the time and have the same response

by keeping your skin regime active with various products interchanging at different times when your skin needs something different
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Well, guess that would make sense if the particular wow you had been enjoying stops working the way it used to/ the product stops working for you..... time for a new wow to replace the old then! Laughing

Meanwhile enjoy Exclamation
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |