Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Weird but awesome new shaving ritual
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
So I've been using up products I don't like or grow tired of by shaving with them. For example, I was one of the few who hated John Masters Organics Citrus and Neroli Detangler, but it made for great razor lube. And I used up a crappy Juice Organics moisturizer that way, and I'm using up some blah Avalon Organics body lotions as shave lotions. I've started combining the blah product of the day with some of my homemade shave minimizing oil (with soybean oil), and it works great -- makes the razor less likely to clog than if I just used straight oil, and it also makes it easier to clean up the tub.

But I came up with a GREAT one the other day. I've been getting kind of tired of my Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel, especially since I went back on Retin-A (I feel like the Retin-A does a better job of peeling than the peel ever will.) So I combined the peel with my shave oil and PRESTO -- super-exfoliating shave treatment!

This was great, because I'm prone to KP and ingrown hairs and stuff, and this really helped with that problem. It also seemed to help slough off my horrible winter scaly shin syndrome. A total win!

Obviously, this would be kind of an expensive habit to get into, so after I use up this jar I'm not sure I'll repurchase just for this. But heck, I might -- I really love the effect!

Anywho, I just thought I'd share in case anyone else does freaky shave experiments like me. Smile

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
it is very rare who doesn't like the detangler,i mean at least you will love its scent if the effect is not ideal Laughing
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
That!'s a clever way to use up a product that isn't working for you otherwise. Thanks for the suggestion
jools
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Good suggestion!

I use up any face creams I don't like on my feet - amazing how many of them work wonderfully on my feet when they did nothing for my face Wink
beti
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Great suggestion! Do you leave the apple peel on your legs for a while first and then shave it off or just shave it off immediately? I have also done this with left over conditioners which were not effective and it works really well.

I like to use leftover face products on my hands, but I think my feet could do with some tender loving too.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Well, I'm sort of an obsessively meticulous shaver, haha. So the peel winds up left on my legs for a bit while I see to it all. I tend to shave both feet, then both shins/calves, then both knees, then both thighs. So I guess the peel stays on my thighs longest.

But I sometimes try to rub a bit more on my shins after I shave them, so they can peel while I finish up the rest of my legs. (My shins are where I get scaly-dry skin in the winter.)

Feet are a good idea -- some creams that irritated my face also irritate my body skin, but feet are pretty resilient. I'll have to try that!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
how do you mix this with the shave oil? Do you have a recipe or source for the shave oil?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I don't really do "recipes", haha -- I tend to just experiment. But I think my current shave oil is about 2/3 unrefined organic cold-pressed soybean oil, 1/3 organic avocado oil, and a few drops of clary sage oil.

As far as getting it to mix, it doesn't emulsify well at all -- so I have to sort of homogenize it by rubbing my hands together with the peel and the oil in them, and just doing this furiously for a few seconds until it's all the same consistency.

someonenew

Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
"Recipes".... Shock

Just be careful not to add anything that will bother your skin...especially if it's dry.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |