Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's your favorite cleanser to use with the Clarisonic?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my PSF Green Tea Cleanser yesterday, and I tried it out with my Clarisonic last night and this morning. I must say, I REALLY like it!

It's very gentle and creamy, but it doesn't leave much of a residue. It seems to remove makeup, mineral sunscreen and dirt very well, and it provides enough slip that the Clarisonic works great. But it doesn't sting my eyes like my Burt's Bees cleanser did, and it also doesn't make the brushes of the Clarisonic get all greased up. (I had taken to washing my brush with shampoo after every use just to get the gunky BB out of it.)

Obviously, it's a bit soon to tell the long-term effects of this stuff -- but short-term, I'm really liking it! I'm very sensitive and prone to irritation and breakouts, and so far neither seems to be an issue with this cleanser. I'm a tiny bit bummed that it doesn't have a cool smell to it, but alas, that might be something that would irritate my skin anyway.

I got a free Jurlique cleansing lotion/makeup remover as my free forum gift, so I'm going to try that with my Clarisonic next. It seems like a very similar consistency to the PSF, but the difference is that it smells EXACTLY like Fruity Pebbles cereal from my childhood. Laughing Go figure!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Have any of you tried the cleansing cream by aveda? I love that cleanser! A friend of mine loves using it with clarisonic. I still need to buy one of those! I'm so excited!!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite still is Rose Hip Cleanser from Dianna Yvonne.
clear skin addict
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh, I'm so excited to have found this forum. I haven't tried to cleanser that came with my brush, but I've been using the B. Kamins Hydrating Acne Wash. It seems to be working well with my skin, but it doesn't really foam up much so I'm wondering if something foamy would work better?
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets: if you don't mind me asking, what is it that you like about the Dianne Yvonne rosehip cleanser? I see that a few of you have recommended it and I'm curious why. I also have a Clarisonic and currently use Cetaphil with it - not particularly impressed with Cetaphil and looking for a better alternative.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I'd also love to know what it is that draws you to the rose hip cleanser. I looked at the ingredients, but this cleanser appears to be a castille soap base. I'm pretty picky about using soap-free stuff to make sure the pH isn't too high. Out of curiosity, have any of you tested the pH of your rose hip stuff?

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Rose hip cleanser has a nuetral to slightly acidic Ph - somewhere around 6.0 if I recall correctly. This was one of the reasons I originally chose it.
THe cleanser is nice - non-drying yet works on my oily skin. Has a gentle feel, lightly fragrant and not perfumy at all. Rinses clean. Read about it on Diana Yvonne's site. It's been a while since I"ve visited the site but I recall she addresses the PH issue.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:21 am      Reply with quote
From her site:

Rose Hip Cleanser 4 oz.
A natural vegetable oil based cleanser enriched with Rose Hip Seed Oil and essential oils. 5.5 pH
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I don't know HOW I missed the pH info there, sorry! Laughing

I just might order a sample one of these days. But right now, with my new PSF cleanser plus my new free gift Jurlique cleanser, I'm up to my neck in creamy gentle delights to use with my Clarisonic! Thank you for the info though -- this is definitely another one I want to check out now.

gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
does anyone know when you could start using the clarisonic when your using obagi? or is that a terrible idea? i want to buy one, but i also want to get back on the obagi journey...i'm guess i'm just contemplating this idea...good or bad?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I also like the Diana Yvonne rose hip cleanser best so far of the ones I've used with the Clarisonic. It is very gentle and cleans without stripping my skin. It's gel-like and I like the mild rose smell. I pre-wet my face with my "microdermabrasion" sponge from Stan (of Ebay fame) and then spread a few dabs of rosehip cleanser on my face. Then I wet my Clarisonic brush and go to work. Doing it this way, I am able to make this cleanser last a long time!

You can try a sample of almost everything Diana Yvonne sells (including this cleanser):
http://www.dianayvonne.com/c=pECfp7Jfq39M6AURKKSxc41BG/category/179availablesamples/

As I said, I have dry skin and so far like this cleanser best -- although some have said a milk-like cleanser might be better for keeping my skin moisturized....

Some I've tried so far with the Clarisonic include: the one that came with the Clarisonic, Burt's Bee Orange Essence Cleanser, Bioelements Moisture Positive Cleanser, Lumene Moisture Dream Revitalizing Cream Cleanser, Diana Yvonne's peppermint cleanser (big mistake, before I read and realized it's meant for the body and has exfoliating bits in it)...

I've pledged to try to use up what I have first before buying something else. Next I may try a emu oil based cleanser I've seen on Ebay or a cleanser from Avalon Organics (probably from their CoQ10 line which I've read such positive reviews online about).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have probably three cleansers in rotation right now - completely out of the rose hip from DY but when the time comes this is the one I will go back to - no question about it. Heaven knows I've done enough Research of cleansers!
Laughing
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Argh -- $6.60 for a $4 sample, I hate that! I might have to wait until there are more DY products that inspire me to bundle. Smile

lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I get my SkinBio GHK cream from Diana Yvonne (heard their customer service and mailing time are better than getting directly from SkinBio).

And you might want to try samples of a few of the cleansers. Next order, I'll try the wheatgerm one.

I also have bought the little containers from Diana Yvonne so I can bring my fav products with me when I travel without carrying the big containers... And to give out samples of products to friends as well...
http://dianayvonne.zoovy.com/category/tools.containers

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
I use Naturderms Triple Lavender Face Foam and PSF Enzyme cleanser with collodial Silver.

I also too use the Naturderms triple lavendar face foam with my clarisonic cleanser!
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets and lunarmm: thanks for the Dianne Yvonne info! Smile The cleanser sounds nice. I should just order it up. It really isn't worth ordering a sample considering the cost of shipping.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with you -- I think I'll just get a big one. But like sister sweets, I have so many different cleansers going on at once (3 now, not counting ones that have exfoliating things in them; got 2 of those ATM) that I'll wait a bit before I place my order! Laughing

jag
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I have just started using my Clarisonic brush with the Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser. I have extremely oily skin and I have been impressed with the results so far!
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I use a honey based cleanser that I make myself with the pretika (clarisonic knock off). My cleanser is super gentle and I think it's good the skin. My skin certainly likes it and it's inexpensive. I don't exactly "prewash", I just wash my face with water before using the cleanser with the pretika.
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I got Kate Sommerville Detox Cleanser as part of a Clairsonic pack, and I love it. I don't know if I would rebuy since it is fairly pricey, and I'm tempted to try PSF Green Tea Cleanser after all the raves. But I'm using it now and its really making my complexion clear and toned.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm a big Leaf & Rusher fan.

Right now I'm really enjoying the 1.7oz size of Leaf & Rusher's Green Tea Wash that came in my L&R travel kit. It is very refreshing.

Leaf & Rusher Green Tea Wash
Size: 104ml / 3.5oz
Price: $37 USD
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/leaf-rusher-green-tea-was-p_8870.htm

Quote:
Description:
This extremely gentle soap-free cleanser is designed to thoroughly clean all skin types. It quickly removes cosmetics and oily build-up from pores that give the skin a tired, lifeless appearance. A combination of licorice extract and green tea act together to promote a healthy, glowing complexion. The cleanser finishes with natural moisturizing agents derived from oat bran, leaving the skin smooth and revitalized.

Enriched with the most prized ceremonial green tea, potent anti-oxidants, licorice to soothe and essential amino acids to cleanse, this gentle wash leaves skin beautifully cared for and well balanced. Grapefruit, bois de rose, and tangerine evoke a feeling of freshness and calm, promoting harmony of the senses with every cleansing.

Benefits:
- Perfect for all skin types.
- Advanced amino acid surfactants clean without soap.
- Dissolves makeup and dirt within seconds without stripping the skin.
- Leaves skin hydrated and balanced and ready to receive treatment.
- Ceremonial Green Tea acts as an antioxidant.
- Licorice Extract calms and comforts the skin.
- Naturally fragranced with Leaf & Rusher's signature blend of essential oils.
- Reduces redness, calms irritation
- Ideal for shaving

Directions For Use:
Wet face with water; squeeze a small amount into the palm of hand. Apply to face and neck in a circular motion, avoiding immediate eye area. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Cetyl Triethylmonium Dimethicone PEG-8 Succinate, Sodium Chloride, Polyether-1, Avena Sativa (Oak) Kernel Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool.

Leaf & Rusher has also come out with a foaming cleanser for acne / oily skin. Be aware it does have peppermint in it so if you have sensitive skin it may be a no go. It sure helps you wake up in the morning though! Wink

Leaf & Rusher .1 Acne Foaming Cleanser
Size: 150ml / 5.1oz
Price: $27 USD
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/leaf-rusher-1-acne-foamin-p_8884.htm

Quote:
A unique amino acid-based cleanser, NEW Leaf and Rusher Acne Foaming Cleanser is designed to specifically treat acne-prone and oily skin without the harsh properties in many formulas. It will effectively wash away dirt, grime and dead skin cells and help to reduce the frequency of breakouts.

Benefits:

- Contains 1% Salicylic Acid to effectively clean pores
- Verbena (an herbal treatment) for gentle cleansing and skin preparation
- Triple A Complex to reduce stinging and irritation
- Licorice and Peppermint to aid in preventing breakouts

Directions For Use:
Wet face with lukewarm water. Pump cleanser into palm of hand and apply to face, neck or affected areas, massaging the skin gently. Avoid the eye area. Rinse. Follow with Acne Serum Tx.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Isopentyldiol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium PCA, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Oil, PEG-8 Laurate, Laureth-4, Farnesol, Linalool, Glycerin, Urea, Saccharide Hydrolysate, Magnesium Aspartate, Glycine, Alanine, Creatine, Salicylic Acid, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I GOT ONE I GOT ONE I GOT ONE!!! Okay, it's not exactly like I'm the first EDS gal to buy a Clarisonic to date, but I'm still excited. Smile It kills me to have to wait a full 24 hours before I can try it out, but at least this way I'm forced to do a bit more research to make sure I don't do something wrong.

I just tested out the Clarisonic cleanser that came with it, and I'm surprised by how much I don't hate it, haha. (I'm usually so picky with ingredients and formulations that I pooh-pooh most "standard" brands, but this stuff is pretty decent, both ingredient-wise and consistency-wise.) I'll probably switch, though, to something that's more moisturizing and free of parabens.

So I thought I'd bump this ole thread and see if we had any more people weighing in with cleanser preferences! TIA Very Happy

I think I would be as happy as you are to have it. My husband even encourages me to buy it. Seldom to see this kind of thing happen before. But I know he is also doing so for himself Laughing
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Are there anybody using Cellcosmet cleansing gel with the brush? I got a sample with a purchase of their products, and it's pretty nice cleansing gel. It is very gentle, and makes my skin very soft. I'm going to buy a full size now.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh, Nimue, I'd love to get your honey cleanser recipe -- I just PM'd you!

Inlife
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I might buy one later. Nice post and great information.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |