Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tell me your skin no no's and the corrective products used.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am in my 40's although I did not lay out in the sun or smoked, my skin no no's were not drinking water and wearing makeup to bed through out my 20's and 30's. Like most young people with good skin I gave no thought to my skin condition in years to come. These mistakes have led to my present problems of enlarged pore size and slight loss of elasticity. The corrective products which have helped me are copper peptides and Emu oil along with supplements. If you guys know of any other products to help minimize pore size and help with sagging please do tell!
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I'm doing CPs, emu oil and supplements too.

I've found that my Clarisonic has seemed to help with pore size, as has the MD Alpha Beta Peels that I do once or twice a week.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
cathy_jean wrote:

I've found that my Clarisonic has seemed to help with pore size, as has the MD Alpha Beta Peels that I do once or twice a week.

Thanks cathy: I have very dry skin and I am afraid that clarisonic will dry my skin out further. Is your skin oily or dry?
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
shiseido haku2
jools
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:46 am      Reply with quote
I found emu oil recently to help with an eczema outbreak but what a difference its made to the feather lines round my eyes - wonderful stuff.

I think my earlier mistakes are probably not enough water also and the occasional falling into bed with make up on. I try not to feel too guilty on the rare occasions it still happens as I only wear minerals now!!
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:
cathy_jean wrote:

Thanks cathy: I have very dry skin and I am afraid that clarisonic will dry my skin out further. Is your skin oily or dry?

My skin is definitely on the oily side, although thankfully less so the older I get. Hopefully some others with dry skin will be able to give your their feedback.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:38 am      Reply with quote
cathy_jean wrote:
Starlight wrote:
cathy_jean wrote:

My skin is definitely on the oily side, although thankfully less so the older I get. Hopefully some others with dry skin will be able to give your their feedback.

I have a friend who has normal-ish skin that leans more on the dry side, definitely not oily. Anyway, she loves the Clarisonic and told me that her moisturizer seems to be penetrating better and better. It has not made her more dry though.

I think the Clarisonic is a great aid in anti-aging as it helps products absorb deeper and faster.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:41 am      Reply with quote
P.S. While I love my masks/SA/GA etc, the Clarisonic is the only thing that seems to really minimize my pores long term.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
My parents took me on tropical holidays when I was younger, and I got burned every now and then.
When I was 18, I developed some serious acne, which gave me some scars.
At age 24, I developed psoriasis. And I had to take UVB treatment (which burned me a lot as well).
My skin has been suffering a lot, but I really like pearl cream right now for tightening, cp serum for removing scars and some lines on my forehead, and HA for plumping the skin.
(oh, and fruit fiesta peel from Mychelle)
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I fried my skin on tropical holidays, summers at the beach, etc. I was in my teens and 20's and used no sunscreen. I purchased the Tanda and I am thinking about Remergent DNA repair. Also exfoliation. Glyqin cream for a few brown spots. Tried a Vitamin C from PSF, didn't really like it. I use sunscreen all the time at the beach but I still have to force myself to even think about putting it on everyday. I hate the feeling. I'm also thinking about HA for moisture. I want to keep it simple.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Boy, all you girls have sold me on clarisonic. I was under the impression that it is for acne prone skin and had nothing to do with anti-aging. I will definitely look into purchasing it, although it is on back order at EDS right not.
milliesfriend
5% products discount

Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I always avoid facial products with fragrances. It's amazing how many "sensitive skin" formulas still have fragrances!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry skin and love the Clarisonic. I agree with the previous posture who said it helps products penetrate skin better - and that includes moisturizers. It has improved my skin tone and texture, lessened visible wrinkles, reduced pore size, and much less clogged pores (professional aesthetician noted - especially my nose, a primary concern of mine).

I'mlso am on the emu bandwagon. I recently got some nice products from Laid in Montanawww.laidinmt.com I like using their creams as they include other things like essential oils (smells better) but the company does sell straight emu oil as well. My dry skin loves emu oil and it even dries out pimples on my skin! (huh???)

For skin tightening, I liked Skingenic cream (unfortunately, it seems like it's no longer available). One of Skingenic's primary active ingredients is idebenone (synthetic CoQ10). This ingredient is also in Prevage. And much cheaper knockoffs are available on Ebay. You can also buy it as an ingredient atwww.cellbone.com --www.skinactives no longer carries it but does carry CoQ10 (but this supposed has a larger molecule and doesn't penetrate the skin as well). Try to get a sample of Prevage first though because some people are sensitive to idebenone and/or topical CoQ10 (you can read more about this on other threads here at EDS).

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |