Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Microfiber cleansing cloths
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ildipoo
5% products discount

Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried these and where did you get them? They do not look the same as the house cleaning cloths but look like they might be nice for washing your face.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Jane Iredale Magic Mitt version and also the PSF version, both available here at EDS. Both work fine. The PSF one is like a tiny washcloth--in fact, some think it is too small. I like to take the PSF cloths when I'm on the road away from peels and my Clarisonic.

P.S. The PSF cloths are dead cheap and can also be used as glasses cleaners, computer screen cleaners, etc.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine from NCN http://ncnproskincare.com/ I is somewhat pricy, but I like it.
edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've got 2 dozen once from an ebay seller at a very exceptional price, and I am close to run out and cannot find the same type anymore. So, I am interested on reviews and suggestions also. Thanks for bringing this subject up.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I love the NCN microfiber cloth.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I got a package of 6 microfiber cloths at Wal-Mart for a few $$.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I have one from the sensitive face set from gardenofwisdom. It is quite tiny.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
anyone tried PSF?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi, can any microfiber cloth users tell me what is the correct way of using it?! do u put cleasing gel with it or just using it alone damp?! i also bought one for body... but have no idea if i should use it together with the soap (like the sponge)?!

many thanks!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Daydreamingda, just use your cloth and water. You can wash you face first with your cleanser if you want to (this is what I do), but then you just use the microfiber cloth with water and work in small circles. Don't rub too hard!
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Daydreamingda, just use your cloth and water. You can wash you face first with your cleanser if you want to (this is what I do), but then you just use the microfiber cloth with water and work in small circles. Don't rub too hard!

sounds pretty convenient!
many thx, rileygirl!!! Very Happy
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
Do you guys use your washcloths daily? Am wondering whether that would constitute overexfoliating for sensitive skins, since these are considered manual exfoliation?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I use microfiber cloth the same way as rileygirl. I used to use it a couple times a week, but now since I am on Retin-A and my skin peels, not much but still there is some peeling, I use microfiber cloth daily.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I use it daily also!
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:46 am      Reply with quote
Do you guys just throw these into the washing machine with your laundry? I know the instructions say to machine wash once a week, but I've only been sterilizing with boiling water everytime after I use mine. Am worried about the detergent for the washing machine.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I do put mine in the washing machine along with bath towels. Just no softeners, bleach, etc, as that will ruin the cloth.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I use PSF cleansing cloth daily as a 2nd step in my PM makeup removal. I rotate between 4 of them and throw them in the washing machine once a week. I use a "green" laundry detergent that doesn't contain phosphates, sulfates or any other harsh ingredients and haven't noticed any degradation in the cleansing clothes at all.

BTW, I let them air dry, I do NOT stick them in the washing machine.

I noticed some cheap microfiber cloths at Target in the auto section and picked them up. Not enough texture to exfoliate, IMHO so I've relegated these for use on my body. Strange how the rest of me benefits from unwanted facial products... Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I use the NCN Microfiber daily because I do not use any other exfoliating product. It was pricey but I like it and it has lasted a long time. I throw mine in the washing machine. I use fragrance free, color free detergent and no fabric softners.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:

Grrr, wish there were an edit button. I MEANT to say I don't place these clothes in the DRYER Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
athena123 wrote:

Grrr, wish there were an edit button. I MEANT to say I don't place these clothes in the DRYER Laughing

Athena there should be a Edit button on top of you comment section because I have one on mine and often I have to go back and edit my comments.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I too purchased mine from NCN - good quality.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've jsut ordered 2 clothes from NCN as they're offering up to $10 off shipping (Nanci will refund the value back to your paypal account).
Because right now I'm not using a leave on AHA or BHA serum and my skin is in a terrible state right now and is really sensitive, I decided to try out the microfibre cleansing cloth. Will let you know if I like it or not Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Athena, I don't put mine in the dryer either, just let them air dry.
MrsDowFire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
I got a package of 6 microfiber cloths at Wal-Mart for a few $$.

Bellezza - What department at Walmart?

Does anyone know if I can use these while on the Obagi program? Still waiting for my order from EDS but wanting to make sure I have everything I'm going to need.

Thanks

5% products discount

Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Are the microfiber cloths pretty much the same as the April brand microfiber facial cleansing cloths they sell at the Dollar Tree stores? They look similar in the pictures but I have not seen one of the more expensive ones in person. I've looked around here but can't find them. I want to try one but am hesitant to order something online that I can get for $1 locally.

I've also been using the Jane Iredale Magic Mitt and like it. It seems to be helping with blackheads. I was at Dollar Tree a couple of days ago and picked up a package of their baby face cloths. These are a very close match to the Magic Mitt in both look and feel. I think the weave on the mitt is a little thicker.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |