Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Anyone tried Sculptra?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Went for my appointment with a different clinic today.
Not sure how I feel, she was really good, very honest (which I liked)

Long story short, i wish I could afford a face lift!!! She reckons the Juveraderm Voluma that I had in my cheeks about 9 months ago has been placed abit high on the cheekbones (I think actually think this myself) Also said that to see a really good improvement that I would need quick a lot (3-4 syringes of Voluma) in the cheeks. I can't afford that (its $1650 for 1st, $1150 for 2nd, & $950 for 3rd.

The alternative is a package deal of 3 syringes of Juveraderm Plus and 20 units of Botox for $2100, which she said would make a great difference around my jawline and mouth area. She also recommended maybe dissolving some of the JV in my cheeks.Confused

Has anyone tried Botox in the jaw to slim the face?? She recommended that, and it going to dicusss my case with the head guy and ring me on Monday

I did like her and the clinic was extremely busy and has a great reputation..

Now I am confused!!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm not understanding how Botox can slim the face. I've heard of it being used around the mouth to turn the corners up, and to lift the neck, but not to actually slim the face.

When you say "slim the face" is this because you feel your face is fat, or that you have some sagging along the jaw?

As for the cheeks - my 2 ml in each cheek is still looking good (now that the swelling has gone down - although I still like the swelling!)
Three to four syringes sounds like a heck of a lot - how much is that in mls?

I'd like a face-lift too but it's not an option for me because the DH would have a dummy spit. But realistically I think it's the only way to fix sagging skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I have heard of Botox being used along the jawline to narrow the face. I believe a lot of Asians use this technique.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:54 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I have heard of Botox being used along the jawline to narrow the face. I believe a lot of Asians use this technique.

Sounds like that would only work if you were young and if the muscles collapsed the skin would still hold everything in place. Just a guess.

Put the facelift on your credit card and get it over with! Bad Grin
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Botox can be used in the chewing muscles? I forget the proper name, if you put your fingers on the side of your face and clench your teeth you will feel the muscle. Apparently it reduces the muscles bulkiness? and therefore 'appears' to give the face a slimmer look! Did see some pictures which looked good, but I am not sure. It takes 25 units in each cheek so thats 50 units just for there. I need 25 in my 11's (I do like the result that gives me, love it in fact...lol)But that would be $1125 just on Botox!! Never had that much before.

The Juvaderm Voluma is actually a 2ml syringe, so 3 would be the equivalent of 6mls! She said she would use it in my marionette lines (they are a real problem for me)as well. Its all the same, I can't afford that much.

Believe me if I could afford it I would have a facelift tomorrow. I had to retire from work because of a bad back problem, and yes Keliu, my hubby would go crazy too! he already thinks I am mad..lol

She did also mention a new procedure they are going to be doing...I have heard of it before. It's called a 'cheek lift' and is done with threads? She is also going to talk to the head guy about that.

oh I just wish I could win Tatts!!!

sorry edited to add...

yes Keliu, I feel my face is fat/wide, but definate sagging on the jawline. Crying or Very sad
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:31 am      Reply with quote
I want to ask everyone about my marionette folds. These are the thing that I hate most, even more than the jowls. When I had my cheeks done the other day, the nurse wanted to fill them - but I've had this done so many times in the past and never been happy with the results. They always seem to end up looking bigger - in that the filler doesn't go into the "valley" it ends up in the "mound"! So I didn't get it done I'm now obsessed with the "mounds" - I can feel the lump there, but maybe it's a muscle, I don't know. I reckon I need marionette liposuction!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Supposedly a brand new procedure that is non surgical will be debuted on a local news show this evening. Results are instant and the cost is said to be affordable. Only 3 Doc in pitt. Are doing this, i will keep ya'all posted. Also Keliu my dtr-in-law was looking at the pix of Linda Grey and she commented on her dental work (shes in the biz) she said that her dental work helped to keep her face fuller. Maybe your marionette's will fill in more once your dental work is complete.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:20 am      Reply with quote
So the procedure that Bermie is talking about is a brand new one? Well that's interesting - please keep us updated.

Yes, it was me who was a guinea pig for a training session for a cheek filler (I got it done for free). The injector was from the filler company and was supposed to be very competent (she was also a doctor). So I wasn't really worried about things going wrong too much.

Rmc7 - your words about the teeth are comforting because I'm hoping that my new teeth will fill out my face a little. I've already asked my dentist for the largest teeth possible! Due to all my dental catastrophes I've suffered substantial bone loss in my upper jaw, which I also think causes the face to collapse.

Bermie, we really need to know what exactly this procedure is all about, maybe it will be just what is needed. And if you can get it done for a reduced cost that would be even better. But don't commit to anything until you know EXACTLY what it is.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:38 am      Reply with quote
The discussion on Thread Lifts and the One Stitch Face-Lift has been moved to its own thread. If you would like to follow the discussion, this topic now sits here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=41377
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Had my second round of Sculptra on Wednesday. For some reason I didn't swell up badly this time, the bruising wasn't as bad either, just one small one over my lip. The doctor says I won't be need any more - how he's formed that opinion I don't know, because I can't see that it's done anything so far.

I told him I'd bought the PaloVia and he seemed quite enthusiastic about it. He said that using it over the Sculptra would be beneficial - so I'll see how that works out. I definitely won't be getting anything else done anyway because my credit card needs a rest.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:43 am      Reply with quote
well, it will be good if you only have to have the two treatments. They say a couple of months before results can be seen, right?

I had a little read of the Palo Via thread, don't know if I like the sound of all that red irratated skin and peeling.lol

let us know how you go, have you taken any before and after pics?
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:25 am      Reply with quote
The doctor I talked to also said two treatments. So that is the standard, I guess. Since you don't see full results for months, it's a crapshoot, but I assume based on experience.
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
well its been 6 weeks since my 2 vials of sculptra and still nothing, shouldnt I be seeing somthing by now? Sad I am meant to go back in 2 weeks for a 3rd vial but I dont want to waste my money if i am not a good candidate!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
helenjean wrote:
well its been 6 weeks since my 2 vials of sculptra and still nothing, shouldnt I be seeing somthing by now? Sad I am meant to go back in 2 weeks for a 3rd vial but I dont want to waste my money if i am not a good candidate!

I think it takes months to really see results. But I'm like you, I can't see any noticeable difference from my Sculptra treatments either. I've had two rounds, I doubt I'll get any more. I have to say though, that yesterday I went to a kind of reunion lunch with friends I hadn't seen for a long time, they are all the same age as me. I thought they all looked very aged. Now I'm not saying that I look younger than them because I don't, but my face definitely doesn't have the "Granny" look about it. So I have to tell myself that some of my efforts are paying off.

I'll wait another couple of months before I give my final verdict on the Sculptra - but at this point I'm underwhelmed.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:31 am      Reply with quote
How many vials did you have althogether?
I might have one more treatment, because reading on the net it says that most people have 2 vials on the fisrt sess then the second session is noticable, so I will go for this then see. I am thinking of adding copper peptides so doing lots of research at mo through this jungle of a forum Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:38 am      Reply with quote
I've only had one vial each time - so, two vials all together. Some of the patients that I've read about on the net have had up to seven vials! Although, I didn't have it injected all over the face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I've only had one vial each time - so, two vials all together. Some of the patients that I've read about on the net have had up to seven vials! Although, I didn't have it injected all over the face.

I just got some quotes for Sculptra from the place I go for Botox and with your mentioning having had just 2 vials gave me pause Keliu, as my clinic said that the typical treatment was 4-5 vials over a few months.

At the price they quoted me, I don't think this will fit into my budget for quite a while. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
my surgeon recomended 5 vials for me! at 6 weekly intervals, I dont think I can afford it anyway, I am having 1 more and am hoping with facial exercises, and my retin a , AALS this will be enough, I am even thinking of trying copper peptides and emailed nancy today to see what her recommendations are, as I want to go very very slowly to avoid the uglies, to be honest I am very confused by the copper peptide topic as there are so many variations, I know its of topic, but Foxe could you give me some advice on using cp.

helen Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I just got some quotes for Sculptra from the place I go for Botox and with your mentioning having had just 2 vials gave me pause Keliu, as my clinic said that the typical treatment was 4-5 vials over a few months.

At the price they quoted me, I don't think this will fit into my budget for quite a while. Sad

I think it's the same with all these salon treatments (laser included) that to see any real visible difference, multiple treatments are necessary.

I don't know whether I'll get anymore, I'm having a hard time getting excited by this. Plus, I've just purchased the PaloVia Laser, so am pinning all my hopes on that!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
helenjean - pop over to the CP thread and I'll answer your questions there.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=37752

keliu- I think I'd buy the PaloVia before the Sculptra myself - will have to save up for it though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:03 am      Reply with quote
[quote="foxe"]helenjean - pop over to the CP thread and I'll answer your questions there.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=37752

fab, see you there Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I think it's the same with all these salon treatments (laser included) that to see any real visible difference, multiple treatments are necessary.

You only need one facelift. Laughing
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Keliu wrote:

You only need one facelift. Laughing

That's so true!! Sometimes I think I'm just wasting so much money when I could just go and have a face-lift. But in some weird way that would make me feel like I'm giving in - I think I enjoy fighting the good fight.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

That's so true!! Sometimes I think I'm just wasting so much money when I could just go and have a face-lift. But in some weird way that would make me feel like I'm giving in - I think I enjoy fighting the good fight.

I totally agree with you on all counts, keliu

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Keliu wrote:

I totally agree with you on all counts, keliu

Further to the point of having a facelift - I honestly believe that surgery is the only way to get rid of sagging skin. However, surgery doesn't solve the problem of loss of volume in the face. These days, even if you have a facelift, the doctor will still use injectables to plump up areas that need it.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |