Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Anyone tried Sculptra?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I got my Sculptra today, and we had quite a conversation about a number of topics, especially facelifts. The PS says that they are really the only remedy for sagging skin (which fortunately I do not have...yet) but even so, you still want the filler. We talked about one local PS who stretches people tight. They don't look young, they look scary! It's all about the volume.

Right now, my face feels odd, so spongy, all that saline solution sloshing around under the skin. But it looks great! I realize this is all going to disappear, so I am enjoying it while it lasts.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
How many vials did you get Hermosa?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Awesome! Filler is the most amazing thing, I'm sure you're going to look so great. Enjoy enjoy!!!!

I've had 2 PS tell me recently that you need both face lift and filler (if you have sagging face), they used to think you could stretch the skin but they found it never really worked. So they looked at bone and tissue loss more closely and now come to that conclusion.

So when are they going to figure out how to do it more affordably and longer lasting?

My stem cells in the face still look good and the face PS told me that they are even seeing improvement in the stem cell fat transfers after a year and a half.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I got two vials and paid for a third one (since Sculptra is running a $100/vial rebate through March 31 and it's good for up to three vials.) My husband didn't say anything when I saw him about an hour afterward, and I finally said "um, I went to the plastic surgeon today" after which he said "oh yes, I thought you looked different" and then made a comment about my cheeks being chipmunky, as if I were having an allergic reaction. I don't care! I like it! My sons haven't seemed to notice at all, but I'll see what my daughter says when she gets home.

I haven't heard of anyone around here doing stem cells, but I expect we'll get it in a year or so. The northern part of the state tends to be more conservative while southern California is always ahead of the curve!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
hermosa, how much did you end up paying per vial? I was quoted 750 (after a discount) and think that is still on the high side.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
My guess is that your daughter will say you look gorgeous! Men seem to look at the total package (if they look) whereas us women have our magnifying glasses for each area Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
$750/vial, then the rebate will knock $100 off that. Yes, it is a lot. Growing old sucks, what can I say?

My daughter did not notice! Nor the dogs. Oh well. I'm smiling at the chipmunk in the mirror!
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
What do they know?????? We would notice!!!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I saw my injector who does my Botox today and asked about Sculptra (I was getting spiderviens in my inner thighs treated) and -
she said Sculptra wouldn't work for me. She mentioned that it's usually used to create volume in the cheek area and I didn't need that. She also didn't seem too impressed w/ Sculptra, saying fillers gave more for the $.

I do hope those of you who've had it done get really good results. It sounds promising if it can build collagen.

She did think Botox would work for the areas I need help with - mainly underneath my mouth and, perhaps,with the puckering my mouth makes when I say certain vowels (which gives me the upper lip lines). She said I could get also rid of the downturn of the corners of my lips and soften some lines. All this with about 20 units of Botox. I might consider that as that is the area that needs help the most. Another alternative would be laser(to rebuild the collagen), but I am pretty scared of that. If I could only get going on an agressive roll - I might get the help I need on my own!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I saw my injector who does my Botox today and asked about Sculptra (I was getting spiderviens in my inner thighs treated) and -
she said Sculptra wouldn't work for me. She mentioned that it's usually used to create volume in the cheek area and I didn't need that. She also didn't seem too impressed w/ Sculptra, saying fillers gave more for the $.

I do hope those of you who've had it done get really good results. It sounds promising if it can build collagen.

She did think Botox would work for the areas I need help with - mainly underneath my mouth and, perhaps,with the puckering my mouth makes when I say certain vowels (which gives me the upper lip lines). She said I could get also rid of the downturn of the corners of my lips and soften some lines. All this with about 20 units of Botox. I might consider that as that is the area that needs help the most. Another alternative would be laser(to rebuild the collagen), but I am pretty scared of that. If I could only get going on an agressive roll - I might get the help I need on my own!

I've never had much joy from Botox around the mouth. My main issues are my marionette folds and lip lines and the mild prunish wrinkles around the mouth. Botox has never made a huge difference there.

I'm pinning my hopes on the PaloVia (which I haven't received yet). I'm hoping it will also stimulate the Sculptra on to greater things (my doctor reckons it will).

Foxe - I will let you know if I get any results in this area from the PaloVia.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I've never had much joy from Botox around the mouth. My main issues are my marionette folds and lip lines and the mild prunish wrinkles around the mouth. Botox has never made a huge difference there.

I'm pinning my hopes on the PaloVia (which I haven't received yet). I'm hoping it will also stimulate the Sculptra on to greater things (my doctor reckons it will).

Foxe - I will let you know if I get any results in this area from the PaloVia.

I would like that very much. The PaloVia is definitely on my radar for *my* mild 'prunish' wrinkles around my mouth.

My injector had me make a pucker-lip and said my wrinkles were from the muscles around my mouth. she thinks the Botox would prevent me from making the same movement- using those 20 units placed strategically around my mouth (2 units here and there). I do hope she's right (and she's awesome at her job, so it's looking like I'll trust her judgement here).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
My injector had me make a pucker-lip and said my wrinkles were from the muscles around my mouth. she thinks the Botox would prevent me from making the same movement- using those 20 units placed strategically around my mouth (2 units here and there). I do hope she's right (and she's awesome at her job, so it's looking like I'll trust her judgement here).

Let's hope you don't lose your kissing ability with all that anti-puckering. I did find eating a bit weird too when I had my upper lip done - and I couldn't drink out of a straw!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Let's hope you don't lose your kissing ability with all that anti-puckering. I did find eating a bit weird too when I had my upper lip done - and I couldn't drink out of a straw!

I know what you're talking about! She put a few units of botox in my upper lip once before & I didn't like it - the straw thing was just too weird. When I reminded her of that she said she might've put too much in last time, so I'll reconsider (if I can still drink out of a straw, that is)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if a lot of celebs with puffy faces have had Sculptra. If it continues "growing" over time you don't really know if you've had too much until it's too late. I saw a photo of Madonna in Mexico recently and her face looked puffy and odd.
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:04 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I wonder if a lot of celebs with puffy faces have had Sculptra. If it continues "growing" over time you don't really know if you've had too much until it's too late. I saw a photo of Madonna in Mexico recently and her face looked puffy and odd.

There was an article in one of my magazines referring to celebs that all had the pillow face look from too much fillers or sculptra.
Thats what I worry about,if it carrys on working how will my ps know where to inject (im due for my second session soon) although Im liking what im seeing I ony want a tiny bit more, but how long should I wait to get the full benefits?

I dont know if any of you know Kylie (singer here in the uk) her face occassionaly looks like a pillow, but lately I noticed she looks much better and apparantly she has had stem cell injections.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:44 am      Reply with quote
helenjean wrote:
I dont know if any of you know Kylie (singer here in the uk) her face occassionaly looks like a pillow, but lately I noticed she looks much better and apparantly she has had stem cell injections.

Yes, I read an article about Kylie somewhere and I'm sure it was something about stem cell technology in Mexico or Spain (forget where). I doubt that they're getting Sculptra - I think it would be something far more cutting edge.

Don't forget also that celebrities have the means to get multiple procedures - far more than we would ever get. This is why they quite often look over-done.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure "means" is the issue here, but rather, a different aesthetic. I see lots of women around here who have mega $$$ but who look haggard and aged. I think "gee, some resty would really help, why don't you give it a try?" but for whatever reason, they don't seem interested.

My PS (when we were gossiping about the other PS who overdoes it) mentioned that she had had a receptionist job applicant who was suffering from pufferfish face. She wanted to hire the woman, who was otherwise qualified, but said "everyone would have thought I did that to her!"

I would guess that a lot of the movie/tv celebs don't use the best judgment, and they may be prey to their PS who are only too willing to try out the latest (and perhaps not greatest) techniques on them. People who are in the public eye constantly and who are being assessed for their looks may be more vulnerable in that respect, whereas the rest of us are more conservative.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Foxe, Keliu, others... I have been following your progress on various gadgets and potions. It seems, in the end, that none of those things really do the job and the only true results are from injectables?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:58 am      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
Foxe, Keliu, others... I have been following your progress on various gadgets and potions. It seems, in the end, that none of those things really do the job and the only true results are from injectables?

Injectables in general (not Sculptra) give instant gratification. Gadgets do not. However, I have a number of gadgets that I continue to use on a regular basis in the hope that they stimulate collagen and elastin. For my age (I'm 61) my skin isn't too wrinkled but I do have some sagging. Over the past couple of years I think my skin has plateaued - it's kind of in a holding pattern. So I suppose I should be happy about that because at this time of life you start to go downhill very quickly!

The issue with injectables is the expense and the fact that they don't last very long.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I have a number of gadgets that I continue to use on a regular basis in the hope that they stimulate collagen and elastin.

I do too, and it's a lot of work sometimes. Oh, for when I was 20 and a lot of work consisted of washing my face! Laughing

When I read about how many of you have injectables after using gadgets, potions, lotions etc I sometimes wonder if it's all worth it, and maybe I should just take the plunge - Botox my crows feet, filler on my cheeks, oh what the heck, a whole face lift is needed! (Except, as someone who has never even had a serious scratch, I'm really scared of the idea of being sliced and diced!)
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
Quote:
I have a number of gadgets that I continue to use on a regular basis in the hope that they stimulate collagen and elastin.

I do too, and it's a lot of work sometimes. Oh, for when I was 20 and a lot of work consisted of washing my face! Laughing

When I read about how many of you have injectables after using gadgets, potions, lotions etc I sometimes wonder if it's all worth it, and maybe I should just take the plunge - Botox my crows feet, filler on my cheeks, oh what the heck, a whole face lift is needed! (Except, as someone who has never even had a serious scratch, I'm really scared of the idea of being sliced and diced!)

I think that even if I had a facelift, I'd never be happy - unless I woke up looking like Cameron Diaz!

In some weird way I look forward to trotting off the doctor's office for Botox or whatever. It gives me something to look forward to - I hate and loath going to the hairdressers, so I colour and cut my own hair so I justify the savings made on that by getting my face stuffed full of foreign substances!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have some friends who want botox, so I asked one of my PS if I brought them in all at once if I could get free botox, he said yes!

My friend also asked her boss an ophthalmologist if he would do that for me and he also said he would (he does botox too).

Never hurts to ask. Now we're going to have a sort of botox party, go to his office and then out to lunch.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I colour and cut my own hair so I justify the savings made on that by getting my face stuffed full of foreign substances!

I just saw this Laughing sooooo funny, and true.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Botox has been used successfully to cure the square asian jaw,to make it more oval....it works.There is a dr la that specializes in the procedure for asians. Botox is also used to slim down large calf muscles in women.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Botox has been used successfully to cure the square asian jaw,to make it more oval....it works.There is a dr la that specializes in the procedure for asians. Botox is also used to slim down large calf muscles in women.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |