Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
RAVE: Vivite' Glycolic Products by Allergan
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
I can't shut up about this line after using it for 4 months now! The starter kit contains 4 products: an exfoliating scrub, a daytime lotion (without SPF, but soon coming out WITH SPF one), an eye cream, and a nightcream.
The nightcream is the real honey of this line. Contains Glycolic acid (20% compounded), vit E & C, SOD, in an elegantly smooth base that glides on and is amazingly lightweight for such a powerhouse. Doesn't leave my skin raw like other glycolic lines I've used. Non-fragranced.
The only suggestion I have about this line is that the nightcream could be packaged like Kate-In-A-Jar, so that fingers didn't touch the product and it would stay fresh longer. Otherwise, this is the first line I actually can say I would buy again & again, instead of searching for something else.
I found this line in my derm's office, for $229 for the kit, but online stores offer the kit for $189 incl S&H.
The clarity and smoothness and moisture-retention of my skin have improved vastly! I hardly need anything but a little TM now, and foundation feels like it's smothering my skin since it's so smooth!
A real winner!

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Wow fawnie, that's great. I actually just read up on this new line from Allergan a couple of weeks ago and was curious. Now, I might have to shell out the $$. I currently use NV Perricone and love it, it's been three years and every now and then I will try something new but always go back to NVP. I will give this kit a try. Thanks.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Shannon, Welcome to EDS!
Yup, I love Perricone's Tinted Moisturizer!
My derm gave me a Vivite sample kit with all 4 products (exfoliating cleanser, day serum, night cream and eye cream), but I have seen it for $19 online. Beware of eBay though. Some unscrupulous sellers are selling dried up Vivite products! Specifically, eSkinboutique.
Let me know how you do with it - and good luck - I love how my skin is now!

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Shannon, Welcome to EDS!
Yup, I love Perricone's Tinted Moisturizer!
My derm gave me a Vivite sample kit with all 4 products (exfoliating cleanser, day serum, night cream and eye cream), but I have seen it for $19 online. Beware of eBay though. Some unscrupulous sellers are selling dried up Vivite products! Specifically, eSkinboutique.
Let me know how you do with it - and good luck - I love how my skin is now!

Thanks for the warning @ the eBay seller! I am developing vertical lip lines and smile lines, what are your results with Vivite concerning lines/wrinkles? If I don't find something soon I will be going the Juvaderm route. I have naturally full lips but with age they aren't as plump any longer, and the beautiful lines of course. Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Shannon

Yes I know what you mean about those telltale lines! The Vivite may have blurred those ULL a little, but didn't make them go away. I am actually having Juvederm injected there myself next wk, so wish me luck!

Overall, I think the Vivite glycolic products have helped smooth and plump my skin, and certainly the smaller lines appear to be going. The tone of my skin is more even, and glows more now.
I think it takes a while to see a huge improvement, but I like the results so far. I have to say, this is the first glycolic line I can stick with, since it hasn't irritated my face to the point that I had to give it a rest. YMMV, but for me it works! I started out with MD Forte products (glycolic acid too) but I'm getting better results with Vivite, and like the texture of the products better also.
I know Retin-A is sposed to be the gold standard, but I had no patience with the admonishment to "Go Slow", and it was so irritating at the rate I was using it. With Vivite I think I noticed improvement right away with the softness and it gradually got better and better. The vehicle they use for the glycolic acid is nice too, and is soothing and smoothing. My Perricone TM glides on nicely.

Vivite is coming out with a day serum with SPF sometime "soon" they say. They also have a daily cleanser without buffing beads, but IMO the scrub with beads is gentle enough to use every day.

HTH you!

Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Where did you purchase your vivite?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I bought it online. There are several reputable skincare sites out there, but beware buying in on eBay!

Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:26 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Shannon

Yes I know what you mean about those telltale lines! The Vivite may have blurred those ULL a little, but didn't make them go away. I am actually having Juvederm injected there myself next wk, so wish me luck!

Overall, I think the Vivite glycolic products have helped smooth and plump my skin, and certainly the smaller lines appear to be going. The tone of my skin is more even, and glows more now.
I think it takes a while to see a huge improvement, but I like the results so far. I have to say, this is the first glycolic line I can stick with, since it hasn't irritated my face to the point that I had to give it a rest. YMMV, but for me it works! I started out with MD Forte products (glycolic acid too) but I'm getting better results with Vivite, and like the texture of the products better also.
I know Retin-A is sposed to be the gold standard, but I had no patience with the admonishment to "Go Slow", and it was so irritating at the rate I was using it. With Vivite I think I noticed improvement right away with the softness and it gradually got better and better. The vehicle they use for the glycolic acid is nice too, and is soothing and smoothing. My Perricone TM glides on nicely.

Vivite is coming out with a day serum with SPF sometime "soon" they say. They also have a daily cleanser without buffing beads, but IMO the scrub with beads is gentle enough to use every day.

HTH you!

How did the Juvederm go? So curious! Thanks, Shannon Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
My Dr suggested plumping up the lips first with Restylane to see if it helped smooth out the ULL. It did at first, but once the plumpness of my lips started to go down slightly the ULL were still there...=( so back I go for Resty again. Is it addictive, or WHAT???? Laughing

Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I am putting off Juvederm as long as possible, I just know I will love it. I don't want to look like a blow fish or fake, just want the "plump" look. Ahhh...the money I can spend. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I just found out about these products when visiting my PS. Sounds like I might be switching from Obagi to this. I will definitely research other places to buy. Too bad you can't trust some ebay sellers!

I am having Perlane and Restylane done on Tues...wish me luck! I will talk to my PS about these products...He raved about Obagi which I have been using for over 3 years and have been happy with results but always lookign for something better@
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:27 am      Reply with quote
babs, if you use this line, please update your results with it, as well as how you feel it compares to results from obagi. I used the products for only 2 weeks and I liked the night cream the best. I only stopped because I am a product junkie and just had to try the newest thing! I will be curious how this works for you. Good luck!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yes rileygirl, I liked the nite cream the best too. The texture and results the next a.m. were both good.

Vivite is apparently coming out with a day serum with SPF soon. Don't know what strength, but my Derm told me about it.

I would still be using it, but in the humidity of midwestern summers, I always switch to Zenbiotic, a water-based raw organic line.

BTW, I tried Obagi and couldn't stand it. I thought it was quite harsh and even with the approprite products I couldn't stand the Retin-A component. So expensive, complicated and harsh. The simpler the better IMO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Yes rileygirl, I liked the nite cream the best too. The texture and results the next a.m. were both good.

I would still be using it, but in the humidity of midwestern summers, I always switch to Zenbiotic, a water-based raw organic line.

I agree, Fawnie. I thought the texture of the night cream was very nice and I liked how my skin looked in the morning.

I totally understand about the humidity. I am in FL and it is horrible!

Will you be going back to Vivite come fall/winter? (Sorry to hear about your experience with Obagi. It can be tough on a lot of people)
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yup, Vivite is my fall-back line for winter. It's just way too moisturizing for this humidity.

Haha IKWYM about FL - I lived in Ft Myers one summer and thought I'd die! Did I mention - with no A/C? My landlady was too stingy to turn it on all summer!! If it hadn't been for malls, the gym and work I'd have roasted alive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I would not live here without air! We had no power after hurricane Charlie for almost 1 week and that was horrible. I can't imagine going any longer than that!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah that's why I moved back to *ugh* IL. Still humid but no palmetto bugs and walking catfish.. Oh and no alligators in the backyard. No lie.
Sorry, off topic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie, how funny, I am originally from IL!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Still humid here too! Without the ocean breeze tho!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |