Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Suzanne Somers Face Master facial toning system
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RGGAL365
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I decided to try the Face Master after seeing it demonstrated on The Shopping Channel. It's a small machine with probes which sends currents through the 22 muscles on the face to tone the face and runs on a 9 volt battery. My main concern was sagging around my jawline and I hoped that the Face Master would tighten this area. I was surprised instead to see the changes around my eye area. I seemed to get an eye lift and the bags under my eyes have disappeared. Overall, I would say this product has made me look at least 5 years younger. I still have some sagging around my jawline but it has improved. I use the machine every other day for approximately 20 minutes. It cost $149.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad for your results, I unfortunately saw nothing different in my face after using it for more than three weeks and I didn't keep it. Perhaps it was user error! LOL
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Mine went out with the trash after using it for a a while.

I had absolutely no positive result.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
dleonard
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Glad to know that, i was going to buy this machine, but had second tough, glad i did not buy it. Suzanne Somers had tons of plastic surgery done to her face and body, so she did not get this bare face look by using this machine only. surgery helps a lot
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Kassy, for how long did you use it? Also did you use it with small booties on the probes or without those?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:16 am      Reply with quote
RGGAL365 I am so happy you are getting positive results with the Face Master. Smile I have been using Nuface (same concept) for a few weeks now and absolutely thrilled with the results!!! There is certainly something to these microcurrent devices. I would not recommend them to people who have no sagging.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:34 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Kassy, for how long did you use it? Also did you use it with small booties on the probes or without those?

mpstat, I believe I used it for a few weeks before chucking it. It was actually at a point where I thought it wasn't working. I didn't feel or see much 'muscle twitching' unless it was on the highest setting, with the booties off.. I also noticed after using it rather aggressively without the booties, that I got black heads on my jaw line....(blackheads were never an issue for me before that).

Are you seeing good results with yours? How often do you use it?

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
RGGAL365
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the machine for around 3-4 months now. I use it at full strength and always with the booties on. I wash the booties and reuse them for as long as I can and when I ran out of the conducting solution, I substituted it with Solarcaine Aloe Vera Gel which I diluted with a bit of water. I'm sorry to hear of those who had no luck with the machine. I do find that if I don't see any muscles twitching during one of the steps, I just keep moving the probes until I do.
RGGAL365
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, I haven't heard of the Nuface system. I will have to check it out to compare!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
RGGAL, check out page 18 + 10 of this thread, to see Winnie's remarkable results! But I warn you now, enter at your own risk.....You'll be ordering before the day is over... Laughing

Kassy

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=18130

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
mistake there, it's page 18 + 19 for the pictures of Winnie!

Kassy

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

mpstat, I believe I used it for a few weeks before chucking it. It was actually at a point where I thought it wasn't working. I didn't feel or see much 'muscle twitching' unless it was on the highest setting, with the booties off.. I also noticed after using it rather aggressively without the booties, that I got black heads on my jaw line....(blackheads were never an issue for me before that).

Are you seeing good results with yours? How often do you use it?

Kassy

This is interesting, because my muscles twitch like crazy when I use this device. It can not be even compared with NuFace, (although I do get muscles contracted with NuFace too). I use FaceMaster without booties and on lowest settings. What even more, when the other day I placed probes close to the base of the neck by the back, I had muscles contracted in that area too!!! … I did not get it to such extend with NuFace…

In addition, I realized that I can place probes through my hair strait to the scalp, and get muscles contractions there directly, even at the back of the scalp.

I am thinking if the "power" has anything to do with batteries?? Why my unit is so powerful?.... Maybe batteries in my FaceMaster are "fresher" or the units themselves are different? Any thoughts? hmm

Regarding results, as you know I am more into FE, and not sure if I can separate results of FE from FaceMaster. I use FaceMaster twice a week, as well as NuFace twice a week. The technologies for NuFace and FaceMaster are similar. FaceMaster is suitable for small areas, like eyes, just because it has small probes.
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link to the Nuface thread Kassy. Winnie, I can't believe how awesome your results are with the Nuface device!! A picture really is worth a thousand words and I can see why you are thrilled. Back to this thread, I have the Facemaster and will have to start using it again after seeing the results that the microcurrent devices can give. I only used it a few times but I could see a temporary lift in the eye area. I quit using it due to starting Obagi which made my skin kind of sensitive but since I'm weaning off Obagi I think I'll pull the ol' Facemaster back out again. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mpstat, I had the same thought about the batteries, so I changed it to a brand new alkaline. The result was the same, I only felt it, or had muscle movement on the highest setting. But I also believe that each person tolerates it differently, some skin is just more sensitive to the sensation. I guess I'm just a tough old broad... Laughing

The other thing I'm confused about is this; 'true' micro current is NOT suppose to show a visible movement of muscle or cause much feeling...I'm thinking that the FM is more along the lines of the Dermal Tone machine, which definitely 'moves' the muscles. (I had one of those many years ago, and loved the result, but it went caput when lotion got into the metal probes.)

That's terrific that your able to work the scalp and neck muscles as well with FM. I've experimented with NF a little in that regard, but was only able to really feel benefit in the back neck area under the ear. I wish the probes were a little smaller. It would afford much more experimentation in MHO.

Kassy

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
mamawalnut, your very welcome.

It sounds like it's time for you to get the Face Master back out of moth balls. So many people have remarkable results with it. I may have just got a clunker.

I do remember one positive thing I enjoyed with it though. The "feathering" technique seemed to really address the NL lines and area above the mouth. At least I remember it 'feeling' good.

Keep us posted on your results!

Kassy

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I just got through watching the video on Facemaster on AOL. It is quite nice that you can target areas like the brow. I am confused about a few things: Nuface states it is the only device of its type to have FDA approval. Facemaster clearly states you can not use their device on the neck (Nuface can be used on neck). Does anyone have any insight into this. Does Facemaster work on the same technology as Nuface?

If Facemaster is the same and as safe as Nuface, there is a big price difference. Think

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
In all of the literature available on Face Master, I couldn't find anything that claimed it was a 'micro current' device. It only says' "Facial Toning System for Muscle Stimulation". (Please correct me if you know better anyone).

NuFace on the other hand IS true FDA approved "Micro Current" and is comparable in theory to the professional equipment used in spa's + Dr's offices.

True micro current does not 'move' muscles (except for the minor twitch around eye), and shouldn't cause much if any feeling as long as a conductive is used..

The above is only my personal understanding of it after researching a bit.

Kassy

mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't find the term "microcurrent" in the info that came with my Facemaster but there was an interview between Suzanne Somers and Peter Hanson (creator of the Facemaster for Suzanne) and in it he used the term to describe the Facemaster several times. http://www.eileenmullins.com/micro2.html

I became interested in the Facemaster after figuring out I couldn't afford NuFace at the time. I didn't order the Facemaster for a while because people had said it was more trouble to use (requires two hands) and figured I probably wouldn't make it part of my routine. When I caught it on sale for $99 with free shipping plus used a 15% coupon I couldn't turn it down - less than $85 delivered to my door. Smile I think the technology is the same but the NuFace is more convenient to use.

The Facemaster is FDA approved and the only thing I can figure out about NuFace saying they are the "first and only microcurrent hand-held device FDA cleared..." is that the facemaster isn't technically a hand-held device since the unit itself sits on the counter while you hold the probes in your hands. I also noticed in the statement about FDA approval on NuFace's website that it refers to the device as a facial toning device (which is what the Facemaster is called as well). http://www.carolcolecompany.com/NuFace%20FDA%20PR.pdf

It would be helpful if we had the technical information about how much current each device delivers but I couldn't find this anywhere in my online reading.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
RGGAL365 - it's good that you saw noticeable results. Sadly, I did not and it ended up in the trash. Funny how some products work for some and not for others.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="mamawalnut"]It would be helpful if we had the technical information about how much current each device delivers but I couldn't find this anywhere in my online reading.

NuFace is this: (millionth of an ampere, no muscle movement)

[/qMicrocurrent (µA): A level of electrical currents that in the millionth of an ampere range. Therapeutic microcurrent stimulation is generally at a level several hundred to a thousand times less intense than conventional milliamp electro-stimulators.

Face Master is this; (thousandth of an ampere, stimulates and moves muscle)

Milliamp (mA): A level of electrical currents that in the thousandth of an ampere range. Used in most conventional electro-stimulation devices such as TENS, classic interferential, muscle stimulation and high-volt galvanic. The Acutron Mentor offers many pre-set milliamp treatments, generally used for acute conditions.
uote]

Hopefully this will help us figure out the difference...

Kassy

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
My muscles do move pretty often when I use NuFace. The feeling I experience with both devices are quite similar, of cause there are differences in look and size of the devices, and in intensity of the feeling, but otherwise lots of similarities.... So it might be that the technologies behind them are the same, but it would be nice if somebody can give a definite answer.
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, thanks for the info. I had looked at several websites about Facemaster and all the ones I could find say the machine uses microcurrent technology. One forum that was having a discussion about spa microcurrent treatments versus home microcurrent treatments had a member that called the Facemaster company and they confirmed that they used microcurrents. I noticed mpstat's comments that she certainly felt the Facemaster was more intense than NuFace. So maybe Facemaster just uses more microcurrent than NuFace? I don't know. And I also don't know if one machine is more effective than another or if comfort/convenience is where more of the difference lies.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
mamawalnut - thank you for the clarification!!
Now... how come such difference in price???

mamawalnut wrote:
.... I noticed mpstat's comments that she certainly felt the Facemaster was more intense than NuFace. So maybe Facemaster just uses more microcurrent than NuFace? I don't know. And I also don't know if one machine is more effective than another or if comfort/convenience is where more of the difference lies.

FaceMaster is supposed to be used with small booties on top of the probes, I do not use those booties, but straight "bare" metal probes. Initially I assumed that the intensity I experienced was greater because of the usage of "bare " probes, but Kassy wrote that she did not use booties either... It is a good question why we feel so different...
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat, I'm not sure why there is so much difference in the price. Maybe the NuFace is more solidly constructed. I remember some Facemaster owners complaining that their machine died after a few months but for the price I felt it was worth a try. I've only had it a short while but it's still working thank goodness.

It is funny how it seems to be really strong with some users and not strong at all with others. When I was doing all my pre-purchase research I read where some users felt so little that they thought it wasn't working correctly while others complained of severe twitching and resulting headaches. I'm glad the intensity setting is adjustable. As for me, I use the booties and feel the most twitching around the eye and cheek areas but it's not to the point of being uncomfortable or anything. I did turn the intensity down a little from the factory setting.

I really don't know as much about the NuFace so I find your input valuable since you have both machines. Thank you. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
How would the facemaster and nuface compare to say the Dermal tone or the Derma Wand? I need help with sagging and firming. Any suggestions?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |