Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Celebrity Get Ready time....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Have any of you noticed that most celebrities when asked "how long does it take for you to get ready in the morning?" say 5-10 mins??

How can that me possible?
I take atleast 1 hour getting ready every morning- do these people not shower?

I don't know how it is possible for them to say 5 or 15 mins and look that good (in random pictures) where their hair looks good, and they have makeup on.
I'm not talking about them rolling out of bed and then going to get their hair and makeup done professionally, I'm talking about on a daily basis where they don't have to go into work.

It takes me 15 mins to shower (at least), 5 mins to brush my teeth/tweeze brows if needed, 15 mins to blowdry my hair, 10 mins to put on my makeup, and 15 mins to get my clothes, iron them and put them on.

If anyone knows the secret- please tell me, since my husband is getting tired of waiting for me to get ready all the time!
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
They are lying. Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
If you pick out your clothes the night before and iron them, that can save you a lot of time (and frustration! Smile ) Also, you can shower and blowdry your hair right before bed. I do it, and then I just have to run a flatiron through it in the morning and I'm done. Also, if you don't already use it, mineral makeup is a HUGE timesaver. I like to do everything I possibly can the night before so I can just roll out of bed and do the bare minimum. I even pack my lunch if I can and put the coffee filter in the coffee maker. But I am a zombie in the morning, I need all the help I can get! Laughing HTH
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I've tried to do most things the night before, but when I get home tired from work the last thing I feel like doing is preparing for the next day!
I really do need to think of a new schedule though! sometimes I do shower the night before, but its a pain to blowdry my hair before I got to sleep (I usuallly leave it wet and sleep with a towel on my pillow, but by next morning it looks like Kramer's off of seinfeld!
LJ604
5% products discount

Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Most of these people have no concept of time, since they have someone else controling their schedual. I am sure what seems like 5min to them is actually 1-2 hours.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I heard that some celebrities get blow outs done by their hair dressers and sometimes go up to 2 weeks with out washing.
I really couldn't do that, no matter how much time I was saving.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
if i don't do morning showers i can get ready in 5-10 minutes. i have straight hair and don't do anything to it and i just put on a little moisturizer and tinted SS (sometimes i don't wash my face in the morning unless i used retinol at night), apply eye makeup and am ready once i change.

i think it depends on how much makeup you wear and if you do your hair--i know that probably takes a long time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
if i don't do morning showers i can get ready in 5-10 minutes. i have straight hair and don't do anything to it and i just put on a little moisturizer and tinted SS (sometimes i don't wash my face in the morning unless i used retinol at night), apply eye makeup and am ready once i change.

i think it depends on how much makeup you wear and if you do your hair--i know that probably takes a long time.

I wish I had your schedule!

I always have to wash my face in the morning- It looks like an oil slick when I wake up!

My hair is also straight, but goes wild in my sleep, I wake up like Don King!
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:31 am      Reply with quote
5-10 minutes to get ready in the morning?

Maybe if they're going to their Bikram yoga!

I myself have a 5 minute, 15 minute, 30 minute, 1 hour, and 3 hour version of getting ready, depending on the occasion Wink

You IRON in the morning? Wow! I'm not nearly awake enough...I'd end up with third-degree burns!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |