Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
How to build collagen / thicken skin in the under eye area?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:40 am      Reply with quote
As I have said previously I have experianced a big improvment in my skin using Retin A, CP's and TCA peels. In particular I have improved the fine lines on my lower eyelid quite a lot. However I have noticed a more crepy look to the skin there recently. It just looks as though the top layer of skin in this area has become too thin and I would like some input has how to redress this issue as I have read before that the under eye needs to be treated in a diffrent way from other areas of skin.

Ideas I have had include:

Continued use of Retin A, CP's and TCA peels.

Using a Dermaroller in this area and then applying a Collagen Synthesizer product and/or some other reccomended actives. (please reccomend anything that you think might help)

Using no actives at all for a while just a good eye cream and see if things thicken up naturally
(and perhaps regular use of a light therapy tool such as a Baby Quasar type device).

I don't think I have been using a great Vitamin C product recently so perhaps that is part of my problem so I do plan to get a decent Vit C serum soon. Also part of my problem is the the fact that my Syringoma (fleshy eye bumps) affect the look of the skin around my eyes I have flattened them out a little and I guess it is better but I would still prefer some further improvement so I may need to bite the bullet and go for laser treatment at some point.

Anyway any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Pandora x
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely add a Vitamin C serum (I like SkinMedica) as it can promote collagen production. LaRoche Posay has a 5% Vit C eyecream. If you are using the CP's undereyes also, need to perhaps alternate days with Vitamin C as copper and Vit C shouldn't be used together.

Also for the fleshy bumps and some additional collagen synthesis, need to exfoliate. AHA, Lactic Acid or PHA. AHA can be harsh undereyes, I like Neostrata PHA eyecream which is a gentler AHA. I think MD Formulations also has an eyecream with lactic acid in it.

Keep up the Retin A, that's the very best thing and Good Luck! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
have you ever thought of putting rose hip oil as well?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
All those products are pretty strong and the skin around the eyes is so delicate, I wonder whether you should give it a rest around the eye area for a while (do you actually do the TCA all the way upto the lower eyelid?)

When the skin is looking better, I like the idea of a collagen product with a dermaroller, although I have to say I haven't tried the dermaroller yet myself. I like Skinactives Let's Make Collagen.

Good luck! Smile
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Pandora 77 I can not beleive that you are having this type of problem since you are so very young. I wish I was 30 because my skin was so nice, thick and firm compared to my 40's skin. I am not really sure but maybe you are using products which you might not really need at this time. As far as CP's: they work the best on those that really need it and give signs of creapiness on those who use too much or might not need them at all. I would check with a skin consultant to make sure you are using the correct products. Maybe a nice eye cream is all that you need!
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone thanks for your input.
Now I need to say that my skin is really not so bad and I do not even look 30, most people guess I am around early 20's. However I do have some problems with my under eye area because I suffer from syringoma which is a horrible bothersome skin condition that causes these little bumps to pop up permenently on my eye lids upper and lower. These bumps have caused me to get weird lines where the skin gets pinched between them and I have been using Retin A, CP's and TCA to try and smooth the bumps out. I think as a result of using these rather agressive methods I have caused the skin around my eyes to dry out a lot making things a bit worse for the moment. After doing a bit more reading into Retin A today regarding the other thread I think the issue may be my new Retin A Gel 0.1% which I now realise is too drying for me so I will need to switch to one with a more hydrating base.
I think I will also need to visit a Dermatologist privately to see about getting my Syringoma removed by laser as this is the root of the problem but it is just so expensive and there is as of yet no proven method to removing these Crying or Very sad .

Thanks again to every one for all your advice!
natefan87
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
i would definatley NOT use a tca peel under the eyes!!!!! ive tried retin a under my eyes, but all it did was make it really dry, flaky and even more wrinkles.

im very intriguied with the dermaroller tho, i think that would ACTUALLY work because it doesnt seem to be too harsh, and an application of a collagen activating cream after would help (i really wanna try Matrixyl 3000)
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
It is possible and effective to use TCA peels for the under eye area but it would always be advisable to let a trained professional do this.
The dermaroller does sound good I have ordered one but it's not here yet.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
sorry, but i think you are going to build the eye area thicker
so why use the peeling ?
it will make the eye area skin thinner and fragilble
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
have you ever thought of putting rose hip oil as well?

Yes, oils in around eyes area are good. In addition to rosehip oil I can add camellia oil, and Castor oil. Note: Castor oil has very thick consistency...
Mau
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:
However I do have some problems with my under eye area because I suffer from syringoma which is a horrible bothersome skin condition that causes these little bumps to pop up permenently on my eye lids upper and lower.

Don't you think that your syringoma could develop from using CP and TCA peels?? Are you sure about the diagnosis?

Weird thing, but I also had diagnosis syringoma last May. I had a strange bump under my right eye. Couldn't believe it! I used CP, Apeel and HA Soy Lift that time. And I got creepy skin under my eyes also! When I stopped to use all those products my skin cleared up.
Now I use MD skincare C serum (I switched to it after wonderful OLAY regenerist serum). I put it under my eyes twice a day and YSL eye cream above. My skin is much better now. Not so creepy and looks more moisturizing and healthy.
I think that you shouldn't use Retin-A, CP and especially (!) TCA peels under your eyes. All those products are very irritating and as a result the delicate skin under eyes suffers from dehydration. It is just loosing its protecting lipid barrier! In my opinion, it's better for you now to calm the skin first. You need to rebuild skin's natural protecting layer. Mild peels could be also useful but just for syringoma spot.
I love MD Alpha Beta peels with lactic acid (the mildest acid if I am right). This product helped me a lot in healing my skin although I don't use any peels now (I don't want to dry my skin, the air is so dry already!.)
My best wishes to you Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
You seem to use quite a few products that cause major dryness.

Take mpstat's advice and use oils for that delicate skin.......Also use plenty of sunscreen every day.. Cool

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:40 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for all your kind words of advice. I think I have been a little aggressive in treating my under eye area and plan to back off and stick with moisturing that area for a while with the oils as suggested. I really think it is just surface dryness.

felinehhy: TCA peels do stimulate collagen growth and in the long term can help but in my case I think I have done too much at once and it has caused me some dryness problems.

Mau: Sadly for me I have had some syringoma since I was a teenager. I have seen two dermatologists and a plastic surgeon about them, they all confirmed the diagnosis and said there was no means of treating them at least not on the NHS. I will need to seek private treatment for these as I do not think peels etc are really working very well.

Thanks again everyone, I think I have just been another casuality of to much too soon hoping to see big results and it doesn't work like that with your skin you need to be gentle and go slow.

Your currently crinkly friend,
Pandora
ginderella
5% products discount

Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:55 am      Reply with quote
You could try taking lecithin. I don't know if my bumps were the same thing but I started taking the granule form, about one or sometimes 2 heaping teaspoons if a ate a lot of fatty foods that day. I started taking it to keep my fat more distributed and noticed after about 6 months of continued use all the bumps under my eyes were gone.

Good Luck

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ginderella, thanks for your advice. I think that Lecithin can be used to treat high Cholesterol which can cause Xanthelasma, which is like fatty deposits around the eye area and is diffrent from Syringoma. So I'm not sure how well that would work for me but I will try it anyway as I have some in the house!

Thanks again for your suggestion Smile
Mau
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:01 am      Reply with quote
pandora77 wrote:

Mau: Sadly for me I have had some syringoma since I was a teenager. I have seen two dermatologists and a plastic surgeon about them, they all confirmed the diagnosis and said there was no means of treating them at least not on the NHS. I will need to seek private treatment for these as I do not think peels etc are really working very well.

Sorry to hear that.
What is NHS?
Dermatologist who diagnosed that I had syringoma recommended a laser to remove it very fast and effectively. I went to my own country and they said that it was "just" dermatitis. So, I don't know exactly who were right actually. But the spot has almost disappeared.

As for the skin under eyes, my skin looks more moisturizing but I cannot be sure what's the reason because (and I forgot to mention) I also added Tonalin (CLA) to my supplements' list at the same time when I changed my skin care routine. I take it for couple of months already with HA -Collagen and MSM supplements.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Would the dermaroller help for this area?

BF
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Can vit c eye serum help it or not?
cchen1992

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
ginderella wrote:
You could try taking lecithin. I don't know if my bumps were the same thing but I started taking the granule form, about one or sometimes 2 heaping teaspoons if a ate a lot of fatty foods that day. I started taking it to keep my fat more distributed and noticed after about 6 months of continued use all the bumps under my eyes were gone.

Good Luck

How would you take Lecithin to get rid of fat pads under the eyes? Do you apply under the eye or take the pill form?
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Copper peptides totally changed my eye area. I've used the 2nd generation CP serum which is mild the last 2 years, alternating with the Super CP serum only the last year or so.
cchen1992

Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
Copper peptides totally changed my eye area. I've used the 2nd generation CP serum which is mild the last 2 years, alternating with the Super CP serum only the last year or so.

How did it change your eye area? I'm only 20... but I had baggy eyes for as long as i can remember... I do not believe it is hereditary for my case because my grandparents or parents did not have any bags under their eye until they were older. My eyes are baggy and i believe they are fatty deposits under my eye. I do not want to under go surgery because i am so young. Is there a way I can get rid of them? It makes me so miserable seeing them all the time Sad .
nikkisan

Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
So, will retin a on my undereye bags really work to thicken the skin? I have veins that show through, now that I'm forty, and I'd love to be able to thicken the skin back up, but my retin a just seems to make my bags even worse! Been using retin a for a year, although not always under my eyes. Should I buffer it with any other moisturizer?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |