Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Cosmetically elegant DIY labels
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
I like to label all my DIY concoctions, since I'm getting to the point where I have a LOT to keep track of! But I haven't yet found a good label to use. I've just been using cheapo freebie stickers that I was sent from some charity, and writing on them with a Sharpie Embarassed -- not the prettiest solution!

I hate paper-based labels that bleed or disintegrate when they get even a tiny bit wet, but most of the plastic ones are transparent, which doesn't work well on dark cobalt or amber glass bottles. And I also hate when the adhesive that the label leaves behind is incredibly gummy and hard-to-remove -- but then, of course, I hate when it comes off TOO easily and peels away before I've used up a given concoction.

Picky, picky, picky, I know. Laughing But because I tend to recycle bottles from products I make and purchase in order to keep costs down, I really want to find a good label solution that lets me re-use stuff nicely.

I just thought I'd see if any of y'all had a particular label brand/model you like, or if you had a recommendation in mind. One company I can think of whose labels came off nice and easy was Best Bath Store -- but the labels did come off a bit TOO easy for stuff I kept in the shower. (AKA, second time I used them!)

Just a thought. Maybe there's already a thread on this, and my apologies if there is! I'm thinking of something along these lines, but I thought I'd see if anyone had input before I go purchasing a bunch, since I can't tell how they peel off or how they hold up in shower-like water conditions.

If any of you are providing feedback based on your home-based business solution, please PM me rather than posting to the thread, so we stay cool with the Gods of Moderation. Thanks! Very Happy

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2009 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
If you google waterproof clear labels you get tons of sites. Also use photoshop to create nice labels. Im like you... I just started DIY but I will make sure my labels are very attractive!

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2009 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I just use a Dymo labeler. At first I used the plastic tape but because allot of my concoctions contain oil, the label tended to come unstuck. So then I went for the paper tape. This sticks much better - it does start to get a bit ragged looking but by then I'm usually at the end of the bottle and it comes off easily when the bottle is washed.

If I want fancier labels I do them on the computer and print them on label-type paper and cut them up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 25, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
These don't entirely fit the bill for everything, but they are great for bottles that only stay on the shelf or for giving DIY gifts. (So not shower-appropriate, but good for Vit. C serum.) I used them for a Mother's Day gift basket, and they looked so lovely, I had to share! Martha Stewart (all judgments aside!) has done labels for the U.S. craft store chain Michaels; they can be found in the scrapbooking section. A couple examples:
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=pc0800
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=pc0799
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=pc0792

I just used the ones from the first link, which have "Victorian" scalloped edges; the texture is sort of like nice kraft paper. They're thicker than most regular labels too. Because they're paper, they're best for things that are less likely to get wet (creams, serums). But they stuck surprisingly well to both glass and plastic containers and are very sturdy for a "sticker"--no peeling issues. And they're just cute. Smile

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |