Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review:: Everyday Minerals
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Having used and sampled several of the products offered by Everyday Minerals, I feel it's time to write a detailed review.

In short, this stuff is fabulous. I've tried BE and Amazing Cosmetics MMU, and this is better than both of those. What first drew me to the brand was the color selections in the foundations. With BE, the Fair was too light, and the Fairly Light was too yellow. Amazing was a match, but it didn't cover. With Everyday Minerals, I could choose from different shades and finishes to suit my needs. Not only that, it's bismuth free, which, on occasion when using the other MMU, made my skin feel itchy.

Foundation:: To start, I have light skin and I've always considered myself neutral as I can swing with cool and warm shades, but I do have more pink undertones than I have yellow. I first ordered a sample kit with Fair Medium (cool) in Orginal Glo, and two Fairly Light (beige) samples in OG and in semi-matte. The Fair Medium, to my surprise, was a bit too light. The Fairly Light, however, was a spot on match. And this is the shade I did end up buying a full size of in the semi-matte. I didn't care for the OG-- not enough coverage and a bit too glowy, even for me who loves a bit of shimmer. I've also sampled: Sunkissed Fair (beige)-- this was too light for me. Fairly Light in Intensive-- oddly, totally different in color than semi-matte; it was too dark on my skin. Multitasking Neutral (cool): I could use this shade; it's pretty much interchangeable with Fairly Light, thought Fairly Light lends more of a healthy glow to my face. It's subtle and most people probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Concealor:: Multitasking! I ordered a full size of this and love it. It's all I need for everything. Under eyes, blemishes, discoloration from old blemishes. It's very creamy once you apply it. I was using BE Bisque and this is worlds better. I also sampled Fair Intensive. I like it, but in my opinion, Multitasking covers just as well. I did notice the consistency was a little different, though, (Fair intensive being more dense) so maybe those who really want stuff covered would stick with the intensive formula.

Blush: I ordered Apple in the full size, and it's the prefect rose pink for everyday. I sampled Corner Office, which was a pretty color, but too orange on my skin. I need more pink in a blush. Verandah: this should NOT be a blush color. Online it looks more pink, but once you get it, it's very violet. I tried a dab of it on my cheek and it looked awful. Having said that, it's a beautiful eye color. It's a very light wash of shimmery purple that great for daywear. I'm glad I sampled this one, because I'd hate to be stuck with a full size of it! I also received New Car Smell as a free sample. I thought this wasn't going to work for me, but it imparts a very natural, pretty color to my cheeks. Not orangey like I thought it would be.

Eye Shadow: I ordered Smokey Pink and Starry Eyed as I thought they would go together and I was right. Starry Eyed is my favorite. It's a very rich, shimmery brown that can be used all over the lid, or as a liner. I apply it on my lower lid and up into the crease and on my lower lid. Then I sweep Smokey Pink all over the upper lid. Very pretty.

Tinted Silk Dust: This is the only product I'm not sure about. I ordered it in a mini size to just try it-- in the pot it feels grainy, but this disappears once you apply it. But, I think it makes my nose streaky when it gets oily.

And, finally, The Flat Top Brush: I LOVE THIS BRUSH! This is, I have to believe, the best brush ever. The quality for the price ($10) blows me away. It's a chubby brush with a short wooden handle and very dense, very soft bristles. It has not shed a hair, and the finish using this brush is amazing. My face looks flawless. And it's so soft I don't want to stop rubbing my face with it! Laughing If you try anything from EM, try this brush.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the quality and value of Everyday Minerals. I ordered the Custom Kit, which includes six full size products of your choice for $32. If anyone wants to try their makeup, you can get a free sample kit for only $3.95 shipping, and the samples are pretty generous. I've been telling everyone about this stuff, and I think I've even converted some people from BE.

Love, love, love, love this stuff.

I guess that wasn't very short afterall. Sorry! Shock
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I also love Everyday Minerals. It took awhile to find the correct foundation shade but it was worth it. I also use the Semi-Matte formula. I'm a darker shade, Golden medium or Sandy medium in the Summer. The only other product I've tried is their blush. I used to love a shade they had called Seista but it's no longer available due to Everyday Minerals not being able to obtain one of the ingredients anymore. They are suppose to be coming out with a similar shade soon. They are also making their mineral makeup available in pressed form. Only 3 colors are available so far. They are all to light for me so I haven't tried it yet.
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
i got my sample pack in the mail yesterday and tried it out today and with just one application i have to say i'm impressed, particularly with the high intensity concealer! i'd had my doubts, as it's a powder- but a combo of bb cream, a dusting of EM foundation (i played around with all three of the colours- one was too light but the others are a fairly good match), and the concealer left my acne-mark-laden face close to flawless!! i didn't even need my prescriptives colour-match concealer! i actually keep going back to a mirror and looking hahaha- i'm that impressed with it.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:11 am      Reply with quote
I tried their foundation and really like it at first....but somehow, I found it a bit drying now...especially around my eyes.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
amami aya wrote:
i got my sample pack in the mail yesterday and tried it out today and with just one application i have to say i'm impressed, particularly with the high intensity concealer! i'd had my doubts, as it's a powder- but a combo of bb cream, a dusting of EM foundation (i played around with all three of the colours- one was too light but the others are a fairly good match), and the concealer left my acne-mark-laden face close to flawless!! i didn't even need my prescriptives colour-match concealer! i actually keep going back to a mirror and looking hahaha- i'm that impressed with it.

I know, I can't get over how well it covers. I would say the semi-matte version offers better coverage than BE, which I used to consider tops in coverage. With the flat top brush, I almost don't even need to go over my old acne marks with concealer.

In my first, lengthy post, I also managed to leave out how well EM wears through out the day. It also doesn't accumulate in certain areas of my face like other stuff did. I also like to press the makeup into my face with a cosmetic sponge after applying as I think this helps it to stay in place all day, and the remove any excess.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Did any of u try the Intensive Formula? How does that compare in coverage with the Semi Matte?
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using EDM for a few yrs now. I haven't experienced the drying some speak of. I use natural oils & moisturizers specifically for aging skin prior to the minerals going on. I love the Intensive Formula. Great for staying fresh looking, especially when my days are extra long.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Their blush in Email Me is awesome...Such a natural color.
BumbleB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
The only problem I'm having is with the black eyeshadow. I know its a loose powder, so I was expecting to deal with some flyaway, but holy moly!! Wet or dry, it doesn't matter - that stuff goes EVERYWHERE and it is very highly pigmented so it makes all kinds of interesting smudges & smears when you least expect it! Shock
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Did you have to use the brushes they recommend? I found when I used it with my own brush it went on cakey and thick..?? Is it just the brush problem or does it just not spread evenly?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
After all these raves I ordered the EDM sampler pack and it arrived today, so I'll try it tomorrow and see if it works. I'm a little nervous that the colors are so yellow, but we'll see how they look...
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've read many great reviews about this product and ordered a sample kit..but the colors were all wrong... Sad
Lou
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so I tried my sample kit today and people seemed to like the overall look of my face once I got to work, but I had SO much trouble with the really tiny jars of sample sized powder. The sticker covering the holes was hard to get off and then it kinda went everywhere and the lid was too small for my flat topped brush. I also found that my brush couldn't pick up the color evenly so my application was pretty spotted for the first few tries. I'm going to chock all that up to the small size of the sample container.

That said, I think the beige line is my color and I really liked Sandy Fair and I think that if I mixed it with Sunkissed Fair in the summer months I'd be set. (I used the second lightest color of Pur Minerals and Warm Silk in Jane Iredale, if that helps anyone with colors.) Again, the application problems may be the reason for the troubles I had, but the color was a little uneven and my nose was shiny by the end of the day.

I also had fairly light and fawn, which didn't really match at all, so I think it's best to try one level of shade in many colors.

I had intense fair concealer and it was very similar in shade to the foundation and I think the multitasking might be better in the future.

I used "Sunday Brunch" as my blush and again, because of my brush it was a little clown-like before I really smoothed it over with a blush brush. It ended up looking very nice and strong like I'd worked out or something (which isn't terrible) but I think I'd try this "Email Me" shade people have been raving about, though on the website it looks weird.

Overall, I think I might give it another go with a full sized jar that's big enough. I have the brush from PurMinerals, but given the rave about their brush, maybe I'll look into that one as well. Anyone able to compare these two and offer advice?
Keelin

Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I had high hopes for EM, but found it very drying on my face, I thought it looked good, but i just couldnt tolerate the dry feeling any longer.
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the free sample pack from them, along with a couple of lip glosses and the lip buff and make-up remover. Hope to get great results.
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Let me know how the lip buff and makeup removers go, Jenny 1970, I am willing to give them a second chance since it's so cheap.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Urbnengineer wrote:
Ok, so I tried my sample kit today and people seemed to like the overall look of my face once I got to work, but I had SO much trouble with the really tiny jars of sample sized powder. The sticker covering the holes was hard to get off and then it kinda went everywhere and the lid was too small for my flat topped brush. I also found that my brush couldn't pick up the color evenly so my application was pretty spotted for the first few tries. I'm going to chock all that up to the small size of the sample container.

That said, I think the beige line is my color and I really liked Sandy Fair and I think that if I mixed it with Sunkissed Fair in the summer months I'd be set. (I used the second lightest color of Pur Minerals and Warm Silk in Jane Iredale, if that helps anyone with colors.) Again, the application problems may be the reason for the troubles I had, but the color was a little uneven and my nose was shiny by the end of the day.

I also had fairly light and fawn, which didn't really match at all, so I think it's best to try one level of shade in many colors.

I had intense fair concealer and it was very similar in shade to the foundation and I think the multitasking might be better in the future.

I used "Sunday Brunch" as my blush and again, because of my brush it was a little clown-like before I really smoothed it over with a blush brush. It ended up looking very nice and strong like I'd worked out or something (which isn't terrible) but I think I'd try this "Email Me" shade people have been raving about, though on the website it looks weird.

Overall, I think I might give it another go with a full sized jar that's big enough. I have the brush from PurMinerals, but given the rave about their brush, maybe I'll look into that one as well. Anyone able to compare these two and offer advice?

WHen I use the sample jars I tap the powder out into a bigger lid from a different product.
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
OK, so I'm going to give EDM another chance. I ordered the full size version of the foundation (in a kit with some bronzer and eye shadow and such) and a mixing jar, so hopefully I can get the color spread out and easier to apply. I'll update when it comes in and see if I'm a convert. I still love my JI pressed powder base, but maybe I can use this one everyday (haha) and save the fancier stuff for a special occasion (the kit with 6 items cost more than the JI base).
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Urbnengineer wrote:
Let me know how the lip buff and makeup removers go, Jenny 1970, I am willing to give them a second chance since it's so cheap.

I got my Everyday Minerals order the other day and so far I'm pleased with the foundation. Very good coverage. I like the wipes, I wouldn't use them everyday to remove make-up, but does a good job in a pinch. They smell nice and I like that they're flushable. I think they're definitely going to be a staple during camping season. The lip glosses are more like tinted lip balms in my opinion, they're quite sheer. Not sure about the lip buff, it's loose pure jojoba and kind of hard to apply. Makes my lips soft but not sure it exfoliates well though. I'd order the wipes and MMMU again, but probably not the lip gloss or lip buff. But shipping was inexpensive(even to Canada), and the prices were reasonable. I haven't tried any eye shadow from them yet though, just the free sample kit. I have eye shadows from PurMinerals which I like, very shimmery.
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:37 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to report how happy I am with the coverage and colour range of Everyday Minerals.
I had been using Bare Escentuals but having recently discovered the bismuth in it breaks me out I have finally tried my samples of Everyday Minerals and the cover is just as good - in fact better - as there is not so much sheen! and I have found the exact match to my skin colour! This is an excellent product and I have just ordered the full size Smile
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Oh and just another note: the eye shadows are awesome! I had been using Mac but didn't like that their parent company tests on animals plus I prefer a natural product.

I bought their eyeshadow sample set which included a whole lot of eyeshadows (you get to choose which ones and trust me there are soooooo many!) and am in love! The colours are really great and stay on well, I highly recommend them.
The other wonderful thing is that the sample sizes are pretty big and they will last me ages Very Happy
southernsun
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
It was last year, when I "discovered" mineral make up for me, I read about it in a german beauty forum. I tried some different manufacturers but EDM I liked the most. It's enjoyable inexpensive (so is the shipping, a major issue when you buy in the US from here) and they have a great range of colors.

Since I don't need a strong coverage, I use the original glo formula as a foundation and love the pearly shimmer. Interestingly I can use quite a lot of different colors, as long as they are light enough, so I have some in neutral, beige and even olive tones. The benefit of this is, I always have something to mix when one of my newest purchases is slightly unsuitable in color Wink. The foundation isn't drying at all on my skin, but I'm used to spare the eye area because I don't like it there, it makes the lines more plastic. Since I'm wearing glasses, it doesn't strike, but I can't say if it's drying there.

The blushes are very good, too. I have Pick Me Up, Walkee Talkee, Plum Dust, Apple, Best Friends and Photo Album, all of them are more or less pinkish tones. Pick Me Up is so light that you can hardly see it on the face, too bad, it's a nice cool color, the other ones are rather warm (good that I seem to be the neutral type Smile ). I also have some eyeshadows and concealers, but I don't use them very often, so I'm not a competent judge.

I think I will stuck with EDM (and try furthermore everything else, I know me...)
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
So, I'm finally running out of my Fairly Light full size foundation. I'll need to reorder soon, but I think this time around I'll order Sunkissed Fair, the shade just below Fairly Light, in Original Glo. fairly Light semi matte still works for me, but I've gotten my skin to a place where I don't need a lot of coverage.

I've also gotten my mom into EDM, and she orders more of than I do! Through her, I've gotten Salon Fun blush, which I LOVE. It's the perfect pink for everyday and works with cool or warm makeup. Spring Clean blush-- a nice pick me up, more like a complexion enhancer than a blush. Fresh Air blush-- I use this as an under eye brightener and just all over brightener. It's really transulcent and pretty on the skin.

Spin Cycle, Snowflakes, Glass Bottom Boat, and Chamomile eye shadow-- Love ALL of these, especially chamomile. It's a very pretty, sparkly gold that adds light to the eyes. I also love Snowflakes-- a deep, cooler purple that I've used to do a smokey eye-- very pretty.

That's all for now, but like I said I have to order some foundation soon!

I do have to say, though, that my mom had problems with thier new website. I think the new website is neat, but she couldn't sign in, and the site wouldn't send her a new password. SHe had to create a totally different account. I had trouble getting a password too. Hopefully they'll get that kink worked out.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Way back when a few years back I ordered bunch of samples from EM, so I stocked up natrually(cause I was just charged the shipping fee) Laughing ...I see now they're charging $2.50/sample Rolling Eyes .

In any case, I checked out alima's site and also EM's site, both have titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, EM has mica, but also iron oxide. So my question is, both titanium dioxide and zinc oxide a form of physical sunscreen, but I know the nanoparticle is a little less desirable as from what I've read it can penetrate into the skin since it's so small. Are these the nanoparticles if anyone knows. Also what is iron oxide and is this harmful if it's also a nanoparticle?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:59 am      Reply with quote
The EDM site is awesome. The color range offered is the best I've seen anywhere. Kudos to this lady for offering a good product at a reasonable price. I've tried her samples on & off too. But I just went back to my fav line to reorder the full sizes. I think it's a superior product for not much more money. Not as many color choices but she custom makes a product for you if needed. Just tried a blush sample, loved it but it needed something. We talked & she made a few adjustments & got the perfect blush for me. Lisha Lynne cosmetics, you may want to try her too. All natural products & only the best ingred.
On another note, trying samples is cool, but they are samples. You owe it to the product you choose to buy the full size product when something works. Always trying the samples (especially the EDM free deals) is wrong. If you like a product buy it. Getting over with free samples is not ok. What if it was your business?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |