Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Cupping is a sort of vacuum massage technique that can be applied to face and body that results in skin tightening!!!

While discussing skin care issues on thread http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27679&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
The participants started a very interesting discussion on Cupping that deserves a thread on its own. I am transferring some posts from the thread into this one.

Those familiar with Cupping please share your experiences!!!

Eleni wrote:
Iīm new to this forum, so hello to everybody. This topic is just my concern. Exfoliation is tricky for me, my skin always reacts producing more skin cells. I had a bad reaction after using Vitamin A-Peels in my teens. Crying or Very sad

What really gives me a glowing healthy skin is massage. I do some cupping every morning. Cupping is an old technique and itīs like a soft workout for skin and face muscles. It provides good hydration and circulation. I use a little device called vaculifter, but plain cupping glasses work as well. The French have a "Well-Box" designed for the same purpose - not so cheap, but it works. Wink

MACrisis wrote:
You do CUPPING on your face??? Shock Shock Shock Aren't you afraid getting broken caps??? Shock Shock Shock

Eleni wrote:
@ MACrisis: Itīs actually very soft and the manufacturer even recommends it for the prevention if broken veins. It strengthens the skin, the connecting tissue and promotes microcirculation.

Iīve been "cupping" every morning in the last 5 years and it gave me back 10 years. You use it with oil and for me itīs part of the OCM in the morning. It tightens pores, cleans them out and fights sagging skin. Some independent tests proved that it visibly reversed lines around the mouth and between the eyes. Sounds odd, but cupping is very popular in Germany. Laughing
(I often think: my gosh, give Mrs. Merkel a Vaculifter!!! Very Happy )

lunarmm wrote:
Interesting, there is a video on the Vaculifter site but to me it looks like she is using it without having a true vacuum suction as I see her lifting it up and not resucking the vacuum:
http://vaculifter.eu/en/index.php?PHPSESSID=tofqgg3t8vgofi1be361r95po7
They do say you must use with oil to get the gliding effect.

I'm interested in learning more as I remember how everyone was freaking out about the Dermaroller initially and now many people are using it (including bigger and bigger needles!).

Eleni wrote:
The videos on that site are horrible. The vaculifter does softly pull in skin and tissues. Just like a mild cupping. Itīs a massage and skin is left comfortable, healthy and glowing.

German actress Christine Kaufmann gives a different instruction than the video. She uses it for decongesting the lymphs and activating accupuncture-points (f. e. "The third eye"). She starts just under the ears (lymph-knots) and works from eye to ear and around the mouth with round movements. Sheīs 63, not lifted or botoxed and she uses that device. (She really does, I met her ). She looks great. 60 is the new 40! Smile

christinekaufmann.net

mpstat wrote:
What is CUPPING, and where I can get more info on it? Thanks!

lunarmm wrote:
Cupping is a technique of Traditional Chinese Medicine. For more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_cupping
http://www.itmonline.org/arts/cupping.htm

mpstat wrote:
Thank you lunarmm! I did see it done, but did not know that it is called cupping Laughing It is done usually for people that have some sort of cold, cough. And it is applied to patient's back.

If I remember correctly cups leave dark purplish round spots. Those spots gradually disappear over the course of days if not weeks. Is it possible to do cupping on the face???? Shock Shock

lunarmm wrote:
It seems interesting. This is the first time I've heard of facial cupping but it seems it does exist. It seems to be most popular in Germany. Oil is used on the skin to facilitate the moving of the cups.

In addition to the previous link I posted to the Vaculift website which has a video, I found two videos of facial cupping on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsihv_nNxeU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=O9EVhrIFJWU

mpstat wrote:
lunarmm - thank you so much!!! Smile Smile Smile

OK Laughing Laughing This is not traditional cupping, but rather a new vacuum massage technique for the face and body. It is so interesting!
Eleni wrote:
... Iīve been "cupping" every morning in the last 5 years and it gave me back 10 years. You use it with oil and for me itīs part of the OCM in the morning. It tightens pores, cleans them out and fights sagging skin. Some independent tests proved that it visibly reversed lines around the mouth and between the eyes. Sounds odd, but cupping is very popular in Germany. Laughing

Eleni, which device are you using...can you please tell us more on your cupping experience??? Thanks!
Maybe it even deserves a thread of its own. If you start a new thread, please post a link here so we can migrate to the new Cupping thread for Cupping discussion.

MACrisis wrote:
I have a set of Cupping tools which includes 9 different size plastic cups. I use it on my neck, shoulders, back, thighs, butts........... everywhere but my face. Maybe it's time to try. Confused Confused Confused

I'll ask my husband to get me the vaculift next time he goes to Germany. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

MACrisis wrote:
mpstat wrote:
Where did you get the set?? Thanks!

I went to a Traditional Chinese Scraping / Cupping Massage class about a year ago in L.A. and I bought it from my instructor. In the class we learn scraping our face but not cupping. China Town and Korean Town should have them.

I tried mine last night. I used the smallest cup (2mm) but it won't stick to my face. Check this out, I think I'm going to buy one.
http://www.massagecupping.com/equipmentandproducts.htm Go down and you'll see one set called Facial Micro-Cup Set. 4 cups for $25.

autumnApple wrote:
Wow! I never thought of cupping for face. Thank you Eleni for sharing this. I'm going to look into it. Love the idea of improving circulation for our delicate facial skin.

Eleni wrote:
Yourīso kind. Smile Thank you for your replies. I thought everybody would laugh out loud or shrug their shoulders... What I like about this forum is that beauties from around the world share their experiences. And itīs so interesting.

The word "cupping" sounds like an ancient torture-method, doesnīt it? The word we use is much gentler: "Schröpfen". (If you can pronounce "Hauschka" you can pronouce "Schröpfen") Bad Grin .

Cupping is an old healing technique, applied in Traditional Chinese medicine and many other cultures. It encourages the body`s self-healing abilities. The vaculifter Iīve been using with astonishing results was developed by a naturopath. Itīs a combination of mild cupping (no bruises, no red spots or anything) and vacuum-massage (as used sucessfully for cellulite treatments). Itīs safe to use on face and decolletage. Even around the eyes. I am very sensitive, my skin tolerates nothing, but the vaculift never gave me any problem.

Itīs like a work-out for facial muscles. When you start excercising you can see results on your body: better conturing, straightening and so on. Likewise cupping provides a visible lifting effect on your face. And it enhances circulation, skin cells are nourished from within, the hydration level increases.

I canīt link, cause Iīm a new member. Some of my friends use these vacuum balloons as seen on you tube. I use the vaculifter-device because itīs safer and easier to apply. You can regulate the vacuum-pressure. You can buy it in every pharmacy here. Angel 50 Euro and it lasts for years.

lunarmm wrote:
Eleni, if you can't post links, can you post name of website dot com? I checked the Vaculifter website http://vaculifter.eu/en and the price was 40.50 Euros plus a 19% VAT Tax (23.79) plus 20 euros for shipping outside Europe. Yikes! How much does a device like this cost in your local pharmacy?

I just ordered the facial cupping kit that MACrisis pointed out but from another site that the same price ($25) but lower S&H for me:
http://www.ib3health.com/products/SuctionCupping/FacialCupping.shtml
The Massage Cupping site does say that the facial microcup set will be coming out soon (whenever that is) in glass though if people would prefer glass:
http://www.massagecupping.com/equipmentandproducts.htm

Frodo wrote:
I find the cupping topic very interesting. Learn something new everyday. Wish someone would start a topic on cupping and see if the moderators could move the posts there pertaining to cupping.

The Vaculifter looks like the easiest to use IMO. Although I haven't spent much time reviewing the other products.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat thanks for starting this. BTW, you did a fantastic job of copy/paste of all the posts.

Is there anyone out there that knows of a place in the US for the Vaculifter. Hopefully a web site I can cruise thru.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Found one more link:

http://www.massagecupping-nw.com/?gclid=CJqeoqetsZECFRv_iAodTQ4TNw

*Edit Later* Just found out that they only sell to licensed Massage Therapist. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for starting this thread, mpstat. Of the 'cupping systems' available for the face, the Vaculift unit looks the most interesting to me (and easy to use on your own). However, I'm a little miffed at the idea of having to buy all four Vaculift units separately, should I want to use all four cup sizes at some point in time (which, of course, I know I will if I like the initial unit!). I wonder why they didn't design the base unit so that each cup size is interchangeable with one another? It seems silly to own four units just so you can use each cup size. Confused Oh, and at EUR 49.50 EACH (gulp!), there is no way I will be doling out $300 Cdn + VAT + Shipping to own all four! Yikes!!! Shock

Eleni - Welcome to the board! Can you tell me which Vaculift cup size you own and what oils you use with it? Thanks!

*ETA* - Here is a Canadian supplier who sells traditional cupping sets that are very reasonable in price -www.cupping.ca/main.sc . I've sent an email asking if they sell sets specifically for the face - will report back once I have an answer.

5% products discount

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:48 am      Reply with quote
hi all,

I have a little machine for cupping.
http://dermakuur.nl/winkel.htm
hope the link works.
There is a video in german and english.

It is realy gives the face a healthy look.

regards
Dia
Dia
5% products discount

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:51 am      Reply with quote
I see the link is not working ..
You can see an image from a kind of blue ball.
called vaculift.
You have to click on that one and than you can see de video's.

Dia
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Wow. Thanks for this information!

I love the idea of using it to decongest the lymph, as well as the face.

It looks like the best place to buy from is the place lunarm bought from?

Lunarm will you give us a review when you recieve?

Although I may not be able to wait that long.. I really want to try it!
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I heard cupping is great for relaxation and removing impurities, but I never heard it was used for the face. Usually, its a Body SPA treatment.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Odd indeed! I'd like to see what these cupped skins look like from 10-20 years from now. Any time you stretch the skin, you damage your support which is collagen. I'll forget about this one. Rolling Eyes
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I've had cupping done lots of times on my back by different accupuncturists and was always left with circular bruises, often very dark purple. No way would I let them near my face Shock

Obviously this is something completely different.. just had a quick look at the vaculift video and it seems more like a vaccuum massage gadget ?? Still not sure I'd want to use it on my face though.. got too many unused skin gadgets lying around the apartment already LOL
Eleni
5% products discount

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Dia wrote:
hi all,

I have a little machine for cupping.
dermakuur.nl/winkel.htm
hope the link works.
There is a video in german and english.

It is realy gives the face a healthy look.

regards
Dia

@ Dia: That blue one is the one Iīve been using for at least five years. Every morning. I feel congested and swollen and tired if I donīt. Smile .

I find it easy to use and if used correctly you donīt stretch or harm your skin.

@ SuzieQ: I wouldnīt dare to use cupping glasses (but some of my friends do). The vaculifter is safe, it has build-in valves for controlling pressure (Sorry, I hope I get the words right. It is so difficult in a foreign language.). You use oil unterneath.

I canīt say what I will be looking like in 10 years, but 5 years vaculifting made my skin definitely tighter, clearer and finer. Wrinkles I had are visibly diminished. E.G. nasolabial or lines between eyebrows. I was convinced of the device after meeting a lady of 85 looking like 65. She had some wrinkles and lines, but great contures and her skin was rosy and peachy. She looked fresh and beautyful and I thought: itīs not wrinkles that make you look weary and old, itīs loosing the shape of your chin, the sagging and loosing skinīs vibrancy. Sagging, crumpling and lacklustre skin are somehow prevented and reversed. As I said independent studies have proved visible results in a few weeks. I had results after 3 weeks.

@ Scotlassie Smile : I have only one - the all-pupose 2 cm basic vaculifter. I use it on face, throat and decolletage, around the eyes, on upper lips for boosting and on my arms. Even when my neck is distorted. I think itīs sales marketing to imply you have to buy four different types. Maybe a special vaculifter for the body is o.k. if you fight cellulite. But 4? One costs about 50 € VAT included. 20 € for shipping - thats hard. Embarassed
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
catski,

I ordered the facial cupping kit from http://www.massagecupping.com/equipmentandproducts.htm ($25 + $7.50 S&H for me)
I made a mistake in my previous post and said I got the same kit from
http://www.ib3health.com/products/SuctionCupping/FacialCupping.shtml ($25 + $10.95 S&H for me).

I didn't order the Vaculifter due to the cost. If I really like facial cupping using the kit, I might invest in a Vaculifter eventually if it looks like it works easier... But I figured I'd try a lower cost investment first.

I've already gotten an email that the kit has been put in the mail (fast service) so I should get it soon. But I also will be going away next week to Phoenix for my Donna Eden Energy Medicine certification class - so it might take me a while to post feedback Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Good stuff Lunarm, will be interested to hear how you get on with it, when the time comes.

Wish I was going with you next week! Sounds really good.Good luck with it!

xxxx
Dia
5% products discount

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Eleni

I use the little one..with 1 cm cup.
But I'm going to order the 2 cm. cup..
Do you live in Germany?? I'm from Holland..

I saw the video on You-tube..but that's not the way the vaculift works..
And...you really must use oil on the skin...

Regards
Dia
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
I've had cupping done lots of times on my back by different accupuncturists and was always left with circular bruises, often very dark purple. No way would I let them near my face Shock ...
appletini - this is exactly what I thought initially Wink , but it is NOT the traditional cupping, no purple round spots as outcome involved. It is something totally different, and if you take a look at the videos posted by lunarmm, you will get a pretty good idea:

lunarmm wrote:

It seems interesting. This is the first time I've heard of facial cupping but it seems it does exist. It seems to be most popular in Germany. Oil is used on the skin to facilitate the moving of the cups.

In addition to the previous link I posted to the Vaculift website which has a video, I found two videos of facial cupping on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsihv_nNxeU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=O9EVhrIFJWU
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'll start Scraping my face first and by the time my face is ready my DH can buy me vaculift in Gremany.

I do Cupping on myself all the time but still afraid of doing it on my face.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
How about using the pore cleanser device which works just like the suction cup?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:23 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I think I'll start Scraping my face first and by the time my face is ready my DH can buy me vaculift in Gremany.

I do Cupping on myself all the time but still afraid of doing it on my face.

MACrisis, could you share about the cupping you do on yourself?

I'm getting really interested in this technique - I've had it done to me by my acupuncturist, on my back, and I've been reading about how to do it for cellulite.

How do you use it, please?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:27 am      Reply with quote
my mom does it all the time for her back. i would think that doing so would horribly slacken facial skin since it is essentially like using a vacuum on your skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:03 am      Reply with quote
edithsz wrote:
edithsz- Are you talking about device like this?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882103130
If you used such device, how it feels?

I also would be interested in comparison of cupping to pore cleanser device, and if it can be used for cupping.
Eleni
5% products discount

Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:03 am      Reply with quote
edithsz wrote:

@ Edithsz: thatīs something completely different. The Panasonic did do nothing for me - not even pore-cleansing. I threw it away. The vaculifter is a multi-purpose thing: pore cleaning oil massage (some here use their fingers), lymph drainage, tightening skin muscles, activating acupuncture spots, boosting circulation...

@ Dia: the 1 cm is designed for eyes, lips, visible wrinkles and it is a little more powerful. Strange, because the bulb is smaller, but thatīs what the manufacturer says. OT: My father war born in Heerlen... Very Happy My grandmother is Viennese. Iīm Dutch, German, Austrian... Waltzes and Gouda cheese... Wink
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I'm wondering if the vacu - lift has much of an advantage over a regular massage cup that sells for a couple of pounds.

Is it gentler/safer, or easier? or just a nicer gadget?!
edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Mpstat,

yes, that is similar to the one that I have, I have an older version. For pore cleansing that device did not do any good and I quit using ages ago. But watching one of the youtube videos posted here previously, I remembered that the pore cleanser did the same thing to my skin, so I thought I might be able to use it again for cupping.

Already got answers that it would be different, although for me visually it does the same thing. Creates vacuum by suction on the skin and you can move it around on your face just like in the youtube video.

I placed the pore cleanser in the charger and I am going to check this out today, anyway.
edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Eleni,

thanks for your answer. I agree, for pore cleansing the panasonic was not good at all, so I just placed it in the clutter ages ago.

I am having the pore cleanser charged now and will check it out if it does anything as cupping/massage device at least.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Eleni wrote:
@ Scotlassie Smile : I have only one - the all-pupose 2 cm basic vaculifter. I use it on face, throat and decolletage, around the eyes, on upper lips for boosting and on my arms. Even when my neck is distorted. I think itīs sales marketing to imply you have to buy four different types. Maybe a special vaculifter for the body is o.k. if you fight cellulite. But 4? One costs about 50 € VAT included. 20 € for shipping - thats hard. Embarassed

Thanks, Eleni! Smile I think the all-purpose 2 cm unit makes the most sense to start with as it targets your entire face, neck and decolletage, versus the 1 cm size that looks as if it's intended for your eyes and lip area alone. It's a shame that each Vaculift unit costs so much, as the larger size for your abdominal and leg areas really appeals to me as well. Guess I'll look into a set of manual cups for my legs and stomach as a cost-effective alternative to the Vaculift. In the meanwhile, is there any other product on the market that competes directly with the Vaculift for your face??? Think

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinÂŪ |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |