Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks lunarmm, I wont use it on my face - and watch out for any snakes! Laughing
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I have the vaculift. I think will buy a cup for my body to use. What size should I buy? Do they have one specific for your body.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the vaculift from Nanci at NCN. I am really excited about trying it out. I did have original cupping done to my body, and would just point out for clarity, that although this thread is entitled Cupping, its nothing like that in original TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine). But I do understand how it could have an effect on superficial lines and the connective tissue, so I am really looking forward to trying it.

I will report back to this thread after I have done it a while (when it gets here).

I think any massage is good for the face and is better than no massage at all. Massage for the face is often taught to many european children during their teens as its recognised that its beneficial for the skin and lymph and feels wonderful.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 8:26 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK;
How long have you been using the cupping on your body. What changes have you seen? What type of cups did you use?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Its not something that I did myself, I went to an alternative health clinic. I was in an accident, a car crash and my back got jarred and my whole back seized up and my neck was painful to move a couple of years ago. A friend recommended a particular practioner who advised cupping on the back to (a) increase the circulation and stagnant energy and (b) tone and strengthen the whole area.

After my first session, I did feel that my back really relaxed and wasn't half as tense. It did leave a kind of bruise, but that went within a couple of days. I think I had six sessions in total, 2 a week and I have to say at the time, I didn't think I would ever get movement back but that this was particularly effective for me in that case. I realise its not for everyone, as it is quite a strange sensation.

I do know that the practioner put them quite high up on my back (you lie facedown on a massage table) and so I am not sure its something I could have done myself.

But the vaculift spoken of above is nothing like traditional cupping. I mean, he was doing something with a lighter to get the heat and some herbs to create the suction in those cups. I am no expert on the field, but did recognise it really helped me in that situation.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
I have the vaculift. I think will buy a cup for my body to use. What size should I buy? Do they have one specific for your body.

Hi Sherry,

There are four sizes of vaculifter available:
1 cm small face
2 cm large face
3.5 cm small body
5 cm large body

You can see the use of all vaculifter sizes demonstrated on the video available on Nanci's site.
Go to the middle of the page where it says:

Watch the video tutorial
Broadband
Slower Connections

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/home-therapy/the-vaculifter.html
Nanci finally got the small body ones in, so now my order is in the mail! Yahoo

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Lunarmm:
I think I am going to buy a Cup not the vacumlift. The vacumlift is so expensive, so I thought I would buy a less expensive cup to do the stuff on my body.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Lunarmm:
I think I am going to buy a Cup not the vacumlift. The vacumlift is so expensive, so I thought I would buy a less expensive cup to do the stuff on my body.

I still recommend you watch the video for the body technique.

When looking for cups for this technique, look for ones that allow you to control the suction so you can drag them over oiled skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Lunarmm:
I you speaking of the video for the vaculift?
I have watched that.
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
This forum is sending me to the poor house in short order Sad And I love every minute of it Very Happy .

I ordered the $25. one that has been mentioned, and although it's good for the eye area being somewhat gentle, it's a pain in the butt for everywhere else, because the cups keep falling off. (It's probably the mechanic, and not the tool though.) Anyway, inpatient girl that I am, I went ahead and ordered a set of 3 from the company that was mentioned as only selling to professionals; not true BTW, I just placed the order with no questions asked. The set was $50. total including shipping. This set is awesome, a totally different amount of 'sucking' power. The large one is perfect for sucking the life out of the cellulite on my legs and butt, and I have the black and blue marks to prove it.. Shock The medium one is great for upper arms, and the small is good for the majority of the face. (The $25 set's cups are much smaller, and take better care of the tight spots on the face.)

And now, because I'm so happy Nanci got the Vaculifter, I'm patiently waiting for the large face, and large body Vaculifter. Rolling Eyes

What size did you guys order for your face? (Please don't tell me the small one). In the video, it seemed that she used the large one for most of the face and neck, right Pray Pray Pray

Krista
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kris, I order the small face vaculifter cause I figured I could use it all over the face where the big one can't really be used in my prime areas of concern (crow's feet, etc.). I also ordered the small body one for the same reason. I should get my package from Nanci very soon!

If I fall in love with the vaculifters, I can always order the other two (large face and body) later Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
grrr! I had a feeling the small one might be the most popular. I'll try my large out when they get here, and take it from there.

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to wind up with all 4 in the long run.. Rolling Eyes

I love how the video makes it look so easy to use, and really hope that's the case once I get the hang of it. The manual ones I have are a little tiring after a while. The squeezing part gets to your hand after a bit. But they really do work well.

I didn't splurge on the $35. oil though. I'm going to use a variety of cold pressed oils instead. The main thing is to use oil with no preservatives or added fragrance I believe.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I order the large face and the oil. NCN is just a state away from me. I should get it on Tuesday. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 2:10 am      Reply with quote
ok all you Vaculifter people -

Is it really necessary to have all 4 sizes if you want to do the best job? I just emailed the company to see if they will be coming out with separate heads. It is ridiculous that you have to get 4 different units. I know they want to make a profit but I think it would increase sales so be worth it in the end for them even if the price for one unit and 4 heads is less than 4 units.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I really am a happy little sucker! I have only used the Vaculifter three times but it has sucked my pores absolutely clean - I've been using it in the morning with OCM and I love it. As for the lifting and toning, I will wait and see what happens, but I really like the feeling I get when I use it - it really wakes up the skin and honestly, it's the best pore cleanser ever.

I have the Face 1 and 2 and at the moment, I'm finding the Face 2 (1cm cup) easier to use for the face and neck. The Face 1 is good for the chest area though. Of course, either is ok for face but the smaller cup does above the lips and the eye area with less trouble. IMO the Face 1 would also be adequate for the body - I definitely wouldn't be buying 4 separate units. If I wanted one to do absolutely everything, I would just get the Face 1.

As for the Vaculifter being rather expensive - it is only plastic and rubber but it's very well made and well designed. I would imagine that using a traditional cup would be quite difficult because of the dragging over the skin. The design of the Vaculifter is definitely more user friendly.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Keliu:

Thanks so much for your feedback on this. Do you like the Face 2 for all over the face more or do you like it more because you can get to the smaller places? I don't have any wrinkles anywhere around my eyes or lips but just wondering what other improvememts/changes you have seen? (Just wondering if I need to do those areas at all). Also the Body one is significantly larger than the Face 1 isn't it? Do you feel the Face one could be used on legs and tummy too or just chest?
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I have the $25 one you were referring to (the one with the bulb - right?) You have to hold onto the cups sometimes in order to keep them in place - but now that I have the hang of it - i usually dont have to do that.

One quick question - for those of you who have used both types.... Vaculifter definitely has a more powerful suction???? Something you would recommend if Im currently using the bulb type of suction? Im looking for a lift and havent noticed anything other than slight redness in the 2 months Ive had it.

thanks a lot...
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Guess what I got in the mail yesterday?!? Laughing

Yes, my greatly awaited vaculifter package from Nanci. Gotta say, she provides excellent customer service!
She was very generous with the samples too.

Guess what I will be playing with today Razz Yes, the vaculifters.

I think I made the right decision to get the small body one (3.5mm) as the big body one (5cm) would definitely be too big to use on my arms... I also got the small face one.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 10:20 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Guess what I got in the mail yesterday?!? Laughing

Yes, my greatly awaited vaculifter package from Nanci. Gotta say, she provides excellent customer service!
She was very generous with the samples too.

Guess what I will be playing with today Razz Yes, the vaculifters.

I think I made the right decision to get the small body one (3.5mm) as the big body one (5cm) would definitely be too big to use on my arms... I also got the small face one.

I'm so jealous! I don't think I'll get mine before Tuesday. Sad

I ordered the 2 large sizes, so I hope they will be okay. Could you tell me in inches what the sizes are for your small ones. I'm trying to picture it, but haven't a clue about cm etc..

TIA
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Small face is 3/4" on the outside of the cup (1 cm is inside of cup = .39 inch)
Small body is 1 3/4" on the outside of the cup (3.5cm is inside of cup = 1.38 inches)

Here is a conversion chart of centimeters to inches:
http://www.metric-conversions.org/cgi-bin/util/conversion-chart.cgi?type=2%26from=6%26to=16

Vaculifters
Small face 1 cm = .39 inches
Large face 2 cm = .78 inches
Small body 3.5 cm = 1.38 inches
Large body 5 cm = 1.96 inches

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Thank you lunarmm! That post was so very helpful to me.

I'm happy now that I ordered the larger size, as it will be the same dimension as the glass cups I'm using now.

And I have the micro set also, which serves the purpose around the eye and lip areas.

So many goodies, so little time!

I can't wait to get them, I'm so excited.. Dancing
rowmare
5% products discount

Sun May 25, 2008 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly, I don't know if I can afford reading these forums! Laughing

I've just ordered two vaculifts and I have a derma roller coming...and some CP...

OMG I can't believe myself!!

I can't wait to get things rolling when everything gets here. Laughing

I'm 49 and still look good for my age, and I'm hoping to keep it that way.

Thanks so much for all the information and advice, guys. Exclamation
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Rowmare,
It sounds like you will continue to look good with that little care package that will be arriving. And we are all in this aging together, and no we can't afford what we are doing but Laughing Laughing we can't afford not to.
Toby
rowmare
5% products discount

Sun May 25, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Rowmare,
... and no we can't afford what we are doing but Laughing Laughing we can't afford not to.
Toby

Exactly! Laughing
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
G

Are you just planning on using it on your arms? Do you think the smaller body one would be ok for stomach, inner knees or backs of thighs for example? I am a medium sized person.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |