Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Vaculifters
Small face 1 cm = .39 inches
Large face 2 cm = .78 inches
Small body 3.5 cm = 1.38 inches
Large body 5 cm = 1.96 inches

The smaller ones look so small? Seems like you would need to do a million passes to cover the whole area, accept for the eyes and lips. You would want a nice even coverage with the suction it seems. Maybe it is different when you use it.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Right now I have all sizes but the smaller body and I am in the process of getting that one. I need the smaller body size for lower leg area and arms. The larger body size is great for thighs and stomach. Also the larger face one will actually do most of the face. If you have to choose just one for the face I definitely would get the larger face size.
Toby
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Right now I have all sizes but the smaller body and I am in the process of getting that one. I need the smaller body size for lower leg area and arms. The larger body size is great for thighs and stomach. Also the larger face one will actually do most of the face. If you have to choose just one for the face I definitely would get the larger face size.
Toby

Oh God, I can see I too will end up with them all eventually. Thighs and Stomach is more urgent need I guess but why not use the larger face on the arms?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
The Vaculift has really peaked my interest, too. I have read through the thread, but one thing remains unclear to me: Are these devices battery-driven??? Unfortunately, I am not able to download the videos on my PC.

I think it's hard to figure out which size to choose for my face. I need some improvement in fine lines and slight bags in the under eye area. I would also like some deep cleansing in my nose area. Perhaps I will be best off with the 1 cm, but is the smallest one suited for the rest of my face and chest? I will appreciate any input. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
The Vaculift has really peaked my interest, too. I have read through the thread, but one thing remains unclear to me: Are these devices battery-driven??? Unfortunately, I am not able to download the videos on my PC.

I think it's hard to figure out which size to choose for my face. I need some improvement in fine lines and slight bags in the under eye area. I would also like some deep cleansing in my nose area. Perhaps I will be best off with the 1 cm, but is the smallest one suited for the rest of my face and chest? I will appreciate any input. Smile

Septembergirl, for your areas of concern on the face, I would definitely get the smallest face one (1cm). The larger face one would be too big for using on your nose and working well on the under eye area. You can use the small one on other parts of the body - it'll just take you longer.

The vaculift is not battery operated. It is just designed for the specific purpose of dragging over oiled skin (v. regular Traditional Chinese Medicine cups). You squeeze the bulb and then drag over the skin. The blue button on top is to release suction. The vaculifter's larger handle (v. cups with no handle and only the suction squeeze thingie) allows for more ease dragging the cup and also makes it less likely to lose suction as some people have reported difficulty keeping suction with the facial cupping kit device.

Although you can't download the video with your computer, perhaps you can get a better idea the device itself and all sizes available by going to the manufacturer's website where you can see all 4 sizes side by side:
http://vaculifter.eu/shop/shop.php?PHPSESSID=31cbv5nnm3fcilqpfgsajle6g2

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
Oh God, I can see I too will end up with them all eventually. Thighs and Stomach is more urgent need I guess but why not use the larger face on the arms?

I don't think I could use the larger body one on my arms. My arms are not that wide. I think with the large body cup it would be hard to keep suction when dragging the cup over my arm - think I would drag it too far to either side of the arm and lose suction if the cup goes over the edge of the arm. Watch the video on Nanci's site and see what you think regarding the size of the cup and your arms:
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/home-therapy/the-vaculifter.html

Or check out this webpage which shows a picture of a woman using the small body one on her arm and maybe you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about (re: width of arm):
http://vaculifter.eu/de/index.php?PHPSESSID=31cbv5nnm3fcilqpfgsajle6g2

For now, I have the small face and small body one. I just got them yesterday and started experimenting today. I like them. The action feels good and I'm sure it's good to help the lymph move and improve circulation. I'll have to wait to see more long term results. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the advice, lunarmm.

Then I will go for the small one in the first place, and perhaps buy one for the body if I like the concept of cupping.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:

I am trying to figure all of this out too but you are so young and the I agree the smaller one. I am 52 and wanting all over firming,thickening, lifting in addition to fine tuning and would love the cleansing on my nose and lip and eye lid plumping. My face is not bad though and lips and eyes are so important. So not sure if I can perhaps get away with the smaller all over my face or perhaps a large and small face and use the large face on my body. All 4 is too much. I am just trying to figure out how I can get the most bang for the buck and hoping we can get them to sell just the cups separately. Maybe they don't come off and that is why we have to get them in separate units.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:

I am trying to figure all of this out too but you are so young and the I agree the smaller one. I am 52 and wanting all over firming,thickening, lifting in addition to fine tuning and would love the cleansing on my nose and lip and eye lid plumping. My face is not bad though and lips and eyes are so important. So not sure if I can perhaps get away with the smaller all over my face or perhaps a large and small face and use the large face on my body. All 4 is too much. I am just trying to figure out how I can get the most bang for the buck and hoping we can get them to sell just the cups separately. Maybe they don't come off and that is why we have to get them in separate units.

I think your best bet right now is to get a small face and a small body vaculifter like I did. The way the vaculifter is constructed currently, the cups are not easily removable so it would be hard to create something interchangeable with the models they have out now. It is definitely a worthwhile idea but they would have to totally change the design of the device to do this.
See photos of all 4 vaculifter sizes:

OR, you can always try cups like these instead of the vaculifter:
Baguanfa Bell Cups $40 for a set of 3 cups - .8" , 1.2" and 2" (2, 3 and 4 cm)
http://www.massagecupping-nw.com/pages/products.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, Mommydearest.
Thank you very much for calling me "so young". I haven't heard that expression about myself in ages. Maybe I will hear it more often after some treatments with Vaculift. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I think your best bet right now is to get a small face and a small body vaculifter like I did. The way the vaculifter is constructed currently, the cups are not easily removable so it would be hard to create something interchangeable with the models they have out now. It is definitely a worthwhile idea but they would have to totally change the design of the device to do this.

Thanks for the suggestion. I guess because I would be able to get the smaller areas on the face and the larger areas with the small body ? I can get the tummy and legs with small body? At least for now?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't realize this at first but you can download the video from this site
Now that I have it downloaded I don't have to watch the whole thing, I can just go to the part I want(couldn't do that with it on the website) also I think you can print out the PDF to thoroughly read the directions(haven't done that). The vaculift is addictive, the real reason I am ending up with four is for total massage benefit. I absolutely love a massage and when I get part of my body the other parts are crying for attention Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I guess that's my way to justify going for all four Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I didn't realize this at first but you can download the video from this site
Now that I have it downloaded I don't have to watch the whole thing, I can just go to the part I want(couldn't do that with it on the website) also I think you can print out the PDF to thoroughly read the directions(haven't done that). The vaculift is addictive, the real reason I am ending up with four is for total massage benefit. I absolutely love a massage and when I get part of my body the other parts are crying for attention Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I guess that's my way to justify going for all four Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I checked the PDF on the site. The pictures are good but the text is in German Confused

I know what you mean about the massage aspect being addictive. I can see it now and I've only had the vaculifter for less than a day!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Lunarmm wrote:

I actually just got am email from them. They said they would not suggest these unless I were trained. But they are coming out with a training DVD soon.
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I agree it is totally addictive, even with these manual glass ones, I can only imagine it being more so with the Vaculifter.

Is it okay to use it everyday, or is that overkill?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:

I actually just got am email from them. They said they would not suggest these unless I were trained. But they are coming out with a training DVD soon.

Do a search for cupping massage on YouTube and you can see similar ones being used. The reason I got the vaculifter is that these bell cups look easier to do on someone else than it would be on yourself... The vaculifter looked relatively easy to do on self in the video I saw on Nanci's site.

Here are some links demoing "bell cups":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsihv_nNxeU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=O9EVhrIFJWU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=m5vvOQdbOzw&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EzvU_x7xK9o&feature=related

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kris_*Kringle* wrote:
I agree it is totally addictive, even with these manual glass ones, I can only imagine it being more so with the Vaculifter.

Is it okay to use it everyday, or is that overkill?

I know people who are doing it every day. When I watched the vaculifter video, I wrote down what the instructor recommended:

Quote:
10-15 minutes 2-3x week
Clean by boiling cup 3 min. or in sterilization fluid over night

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I thought that was what I recalled from the video, thank you for the reminder.

It's been taking me the better part of an hour to do a fairly thorough job of face, neck, chest, upper arms, thighs + Embarassed hiney Embarassed .

My poor bottom half is full of black and blues from trying to get the hang of it. I'm hoping the Vaculifter will be as easy to control as it looks in the video. But like everything else, practice makes perfect. The manual glass cups are tiring on the hand after 20 minutes.

I just wish all the oil wasn't necessary. By the time I've finished from head to toe, me and the whole bathroom are a wreck....But in a good way.. Very Happy

I can't believe how excited I am waiting for a couple of bits of plastic + rubber.. Rolling Eyes

My husband just keeps shaking his head and having a good belly laugh... Laughing
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Kris_*Kringle* wrote:
My poor bottom half is full of black and blues from trying to get the hang of it. I'm hoping the Vaculifter will be as easy to control as it looks in the video. But like everything else, practice makes perfect. The manual glass cups are tiring on the hand after 20 minutes.

Kris, when I was experimenting with the vaculifters I have, I didn't even use oil on my body and was fine. Also no bruising. I think I will need oil for the face though cause the small face one's suction is more intense.

Sounds like the vaculifter gives better control over the intensity of the suction. I remember Scali bruising the first couple of times with the Baguanfa as well. Is this what you have?

Scali's taken the leap and ordered some vaculifters but is still waiting - they got held up in customs Shock Guess, someone got curious Laughing The things we do to ourselves Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
[ The reason I got the vaculifter is that these bell cups look easier to do on someone else than it would be on yourself... The vaculifter looked relatively easy to do on self in the video I saw on Nanci's site

Yes I agree. They look better for self massage. Thank you so much for all your help and suggestions.

please keep us posted as to the changes you are seeing over time.
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have the ones from the same site you quoted, but down the page a bit.. It's the set of 3 with orange bulbs, in assorted sizes. They really are powerful, and it takes some getting used to, to be able to control the suction. I love the one for the face, and find that the easiest to control.

It's great that Nanci has them now. I'm sure she's a busy bee just trying to keep up with the EDS orders. She's awesome to do business with, and has the best CS I've come across. She's a real doll.

That's funny about poor Scali's order getting the once over in customs. Maybe they think it's a kinky sex toy... Shock Shock
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Kris Kringle,
I couldn't help laughing at you post, I can only imagine your escapade in the bathroom. What we women will do in the name of beauty.
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
My husband wants to know when I'm going to move all the rubbing, patting and sucking into the bedroom, and stop having all the fun on my own.. Bad Grin
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Kris_*Kringle* wrote:
My husband wants to know when I'm going to move all the rubbing, patting and sucking into the bedroom, and stop having all the fun on my own.. Bad Grin

That is so funny!!!!!

I know this whole quest is such a mystery to mine.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 12:05 am      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
Keliu:

Thanks so much for your feedback on this. Do you like the Face 2 for all over the face more or do you like it more because you can get to the smaller places? I don't have any wrinkles anywhere around my eyes or lips but just wondering what other improvememts/changes you have seen? (Just wondering if I need to do those areas at all). Also the Body one is significantly larger than the Face 1 isn't it? Do you feel the Face one could be used on legs and tummy too or just chest?

For myself, I'm finding the smaller face cup (Face 2) easier to use for the face - you can use it on the upper lip and over the lip without any trouble. Regardless of whether you have wrinkles or not, I would definitely be massaging the whole face for real benefits. Haven't seen any other significant changes (except for cleaner pores) but I have only used it 3 times. After use, though, the skin feels wonderful.

The Face 1 (larger face cup) is fine for chest and upper arms - I think the larger body cups would be difficult for the supper arms. Of course, you could also use the Face 1 on tummy, thighs, legs etc. so I don't think it's necessary to purchase a separate body one.

If you only want to get one Vaculifter for use on everything - you could get away with just buying the Face 1.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |