Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Kris_*Kringle* wrote:
I thought of that as well, but after watching the video many times, I'm convinced she is indeed using the suction; 1. she gets beet red in the areas being treated and 2. If you pause and look closely, you can see the skin bunched up in the cup..

Yes, I also think, based on the video, that she is using the suction.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your help.

I just placed an order for the small face and the small body. I hope it will work for me Smile Wink
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Just my two cents:

The woman on the vaculift video has a full round and tight face.
The rounder-fuller-tighter your face is the easier for any suction to remain and not lose adhesion.
The opposite makes the contrary effect.

If you loose the suction often try to stretch your skin a little bit with your free hand while performing the massage with the other.

Of course getting skilled with the use of the cups makes it easier over time.

Just give it some time. As with any process things do not happen overnight.

Wink
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie

I have had mine arrive too from NCN and have been playing with it. My face isn’t round like the woman demonstrating the device, and I tend to find that I too have to squeeze the ball a couple of times while doing the massage. Particularly doing it around my neck, I seem to need to squeeze it quite often (but my neck isn’t loose or slack so maybe that’s why – its already quite toned).

I am experimenting with oils. I did get some of the oil for the device, and it works fine, but just being a constant student, I am always keen to experiment with different things and so far avocado oil is one of my favourites as it really does let the device glide all over the skin while providing vitamins to it etc.

I trained in connective tissue massage some years ago, and this device reminds me of the effects of that perfectly. One of the disadvantages with connective tissue massage is that you can’t carry out the process on your own face entirely, but you can do some elements of it. The vaculifter though feels incredibly like connective tissue massage – it definitely plumps up the connective tissue and removes stress and gets the blood flowing into that area. I am not sure yet re the muscles (but it has only been 2˝ days) but I am still experimenting with it.

It’s a fast process though, so I think if someone is pushed for time, then this would be a great option for people to try – however I do find that I am still doing ordinary face massage on my tissue simply because it feels so good and conditions everything and then do the vaculift to perfect the routine and that feels like its working pretty well for me so far.

Sean
Winnie wrote:
I received my Vaculifter today. I did end up ordering the small face as the eye area is starting to show its age.

QUESTION For members who have been using the Vaculifter for several treatments: I find that I have to squeeze the ball several times while doing the face as I lose suction. I did pull the valve. Perhaps I have to get use to the technique. Could it be going over the uneven surface of the face air gets in to lose suction? The video seem to show one continuous massage without interruption. Am I the only one this happens to? I now have both face one and two and find the same thing. However, when I used the larger face on my declotee and arms I did not lose suction. Any advice?

In saying that I love, love, love the way my face feels after using the Vaculifter. It feels clean and has that healthy rosy glow that I love. I am hoping with FlexEffect and the Vaculifter I can keep my skin as firm as possible for my age. [-o< This device will be great for my chin area where the pores are larger. I hope I can get the techique for the nose with the small face. :-k

NCN has outstanding Customer Service. *****
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Here's a stupid question (or a brilliant idea Very Happy ) ...

Can you suction your lips to make them plumper over time? I used to have this other hard plastic lip pump gadget, but I felt it was going to cause lip lines because of the way it sat on my mouth, so I stopped using it. But I did notice temporary plumping with it.

I'm thinking with the vaculift, with the shape of the bell and the flexibility to fit over the mouth, it might work based on the same principle. I don't have a big enough vaculift to fit over my mouth though. I only have the big face one which is about an inch. The large body might fit.

Anybody think this is good or bad idea?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 8:11 am      Reply with quote
boski - I think it is a good idea.Idea There are other variations when the lips are sucked in facial exercises, as well as using devices. It sounds as another way to do it using vaculifter.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 8:37 am      Reply with quote
boski I have been using the small face and go directly over lips. You can control the suction. I liked the way my lips looked after the Vaculifter. Start on low to moderate suction. You will note a lovely pink color to you smackers. Cool

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Cini
5% products discount

Fri May 30, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I really like the small face vaculift. It's actually fun to use it. More than doing the legs and butt, for some reason I don't enjoy that so much.
I will have to go and buy more oil soon, I'm mixing jojoba and rose hip seed oil for my face.
On my legs I use Weleda birch cellulite oil and after vaculifting and massaging the oil in, my legs feel very smooth. Hopefully the cellulite will improve with dermarolling and vaculifting Pray

About the face, do any of you feel weird about doing the eye area?
I must say, it feels strange to me.
Seeing the delicate skin around the eyes get sucked into the bell and then moving it all around goes against everything I ever learned about how to treat the eye area.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Winnie, Mpstat,

I had kinda been doing my lips but not really concentrating on them. It's does seem to temporarily plump them at least. Good for a special event. I think I will do them every other night just to see what happens. I'm not going to do my face though. I think 2 times a week is enough for my face.
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I had cupping done twice but on my body only. It felt wierd at first and whre the cups were applied my skin was very red for about 2 weeks.

My partner saw my back and freaked out, however the redness started to diminish after a week and was completely gone by 2 weeks.I must admit my skin felt a lot tighter afterwoods and did so for about 2 months but unfortuntely that did not remain.

I wouldnt say the skin has loosesned in any way but it doeant feel as toned and tight as what it did after the cupping. I guess its like all treatments they have to be maintained regaularly to achieve the desired results.

I did like the feeling but it is painful at first but i loved it. Not for the faint hearted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Cini wrote:

About the face, do any of you feel weird about doing the eye area?
I must say, it feels strange to me.
Seeing the delicate skin around the eyes get sucked into the bell and then moving it all around goes against everything I ever learned about how to treat the eye area.

I worry, as well. The woman in the video refers to this fear. She told the suction of the eye area probably is against everything we have learnt about gently patting eye cream around the eyes.

She told that it's important to provide enough oil to let the Vaculift glide lightly and avoid plucking and tearing. I really hope this treatment won't harm the delicate skin. Embarassed

Please report, anyone who have experienced any improvement or making worse under the eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
Here's a stupid question (or a brilliant idea Very Happy ) ... Can you suction your lips to make them plumper over time? I used to have this other hard plastic lip pump gadget, but I felt it was going to cause lip lines because of the way it sat on my mouth, so I stopped using it. But I did notice temporary plumping with it.

I'm sure the woman in the video mentions other users have experienced plumper lips from using the Vaculifter. I find that the small face cup works best over the lips. I have been getting collagen injected into my upper lip border and vertical lip lines for a while now. After I have massaged over the lips with the Vaculifter I definitely notice some temporary plumping. I'm hoping that with continued use, the results will become permanent. The process is exactly the same as the plumping sucking gadget that is made purposely for the lips.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All,
I am curious as to favorite oils you are using with the vaculifter on the face? I do like the idea of using something like hazlenut or even avocado.. do you need to buy the oil that Nanci sells?

Also - at $78 a pop I'm going to start with one - and I'm thinking the small face is it... Any comments here are appreciated .. (Yes, It is probably obvious I did not read all of the previous posts)...
Thanks
Sis
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Regarding eyes:

I use my cups to massage the under eye area as close as the size of the cup allows me.
I have seen a great improvement in the skin surrounding eyes and it could be because I dry skin brush my skin there using toothbrush.
THAT is aggressive!
If you are concerned about the delicate skin surrounding eyes. is the iron-princess of the face. Looks delicate, but actually is stronger than I would have ever guess.

Now I have the venom extractor that attached to another pump gives me control over the suction.
The edges feel rough, but I do not glide the cups that much since I use it for my inner corner eye, upper and lower lids and nose.
Too soon to report, but so far has NOT damage my skin at all.

I have to say that I am quite aggressive massaging and brushing my eyes and the only response I had from my skin has been getting stronger, thicker and more tight than before.

Regarding lips:
I do not like how the suction feels with my smallest cup (about 2cm diam)
I am now trying the venom extractor cups, not in the lips but in surrounding upper and lower tissue and like it.
I think the luscious lips device is much better for specifically plumping lips.
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hello All,
I am curious as to favorite oils you are using with the vaculifter on the face? I do like the idea of using something like hazlenut or even avocado.. do you need to buy the oil that Nanci sells?

Also - at $78 a pop I'm going to start with one - and I'm thinking the small face is it... Any comments here are appreciated .. (Yes, It is probably obvious I did not read all of the previous posts)...
Thanks
Sis

Any oil that has no added fragrance or preservatives should suffice. I've been experimenting with a combination of the following; EVOO, vitamin E, avocado + coconut. All have worked well in any combination. There is no way I am spending $35. on a little bottle of oil.

I now have all but the small face Vaculifter's. I would say if you only want to start with one, the large face will give you the most bang for your buck. You can use this one everywhere BUT the upper eyelids. It's also a bit tricky above the lip, but it's doable with a little practice.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 3:29 am      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
Regarding lips:
I am now trying the venom extractor cups, not in the lips but in surrounding upper and lower tissue and like it.

I tend to disagree - the luscious lips gadget plumps up the lips by sucking the blood to the surface of the skin. The Vaculifter is doing the exact same thing - the size of the cup is the only difference. the luscious lips cup fits entirely over the lips whereas with the Vaculifter you have to massage it over the lips. I find that the 1cm cup works quite well for this.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Regarding lips:

I tend to disagree - the luscious lips gadget plumps up the lips by sucking the blood to the surface of the skin. The Vaculifter is doing the exact same thing - the size of the cup is the only difference. the luscious lips cup fits entirely over the lips whereas with the Vaculifter you have to massage it over the lips. I find that the 1cm cup works quite well for this.

Is guess is a matter of personal preferences, and lips/face shape adapting good or not to suction.
I cannot speak about the vaculif 1 cm.
Only about what I have, wich is a cup almost 2cm and found it too big to plump my lips and the venom extractor, it does the trick but IMHO in a very very subtle way compared to the luscious lips. (Yes, i have one too)
It could be because of the shape of my face or lips or because everyone is different and so we have different taste, but hey! If it works for you and others GREAT news!

Wink
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 4:28 am      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
Here's a stupid question (or a brilliant idea Very Happy ) ...

Can you suction your lips to make them plumper over time? I used to have this other hard plastic lip pump gadget, but I felt it was going to cause lip lines because of the way it sat on my mouth, so I stopped using it. But I did notice temporary plumping with it.

I'm thinking with the vaculift, with the shape of the bell and the flexibility to fit over the mouth, it might work based on the same principle. I don't have a big enough vaculift to fit over my mouth though. I only have the big face one which is about an inch. The large body might fit.

Anybody think this is good or bad idea?

boski, I am using the small face over my lip area. So far, so good...nothing weird has happened to me. Laughing

For those who are worried about doing the eye area I totally understand. For a few months I have been doing FlexEffect. This program encourages facial massages. The massage I have been doing is aggressive. My skin looks better from the rolling, tapping and pinching. After two months my face and eye area seemed conditioned (thicker)for the Vaculifter. My eye area loves this device. I do recommend starting off with light suction for those just beginning this type massage. The company recommends beginning slowly and I understand why. I started off full speed as my skin has been use to daily manipulation for a few months now.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
For those who are worried about doing the eye area I totally understand. For a few months I have been doing FlexEffect. This program encourages facial massages. The massage I have been doing is aggressive. My skin looks better from the rolling, tapping and pinching. After two months my face and eye area seemed conditioned (thicker)for the Vaculifter. My eye area loves this device. I do recommend starting off with light suction for those just beginning this type massage. The company recommends beginning slowly and I understand why. I started off full speed as my skin has been use to daily manipulation for a few months now.

I agree with Winnie 100%, I have been doing facialflex for one year and I have no problems thinking about heavy massage around the eyes.....but I didn't feel that way before facial exercises. My skin is thicker more plump and can handle more now. You really have to adopt a different mind set.
Toby
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 7:48 am      Reply with quote
For those of you interested in cupping as used in traditional Chinese Medicine, with the big glass cups, look at this video from the Exhale Spa website. It shows somebody being cupped for back pain. My mom used to do this kind of cupping to herself with moxibustion (burning herbs). It would leave big purple marks and it scared the heck out of us kids. But it apparently works.

http://www.exhalespa.com/press/index.asp?keywordsv=cupping
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
Regarding eyes:
Now I have the venom extractor that attached to another pump gives me control over the suction.
The edges feel rough, but I do not glide the cups that much since I use it for my inner corner eye, upper and lower lids and nose.
Too soon to report, but so far has NOT damage my skin at all.

I have the venom extractor too - i used it once on a tick bite and it scared me. How exactly do you control the suction - because I was only able to get the strongest suction - by pulling all the way - but that was the only point I could even get a suction.

thanks
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:

I shudder everytime I get near this delicate area with the suction. I do facial exercises also, but nothing has really worked to 'firm' that area very much. In fact, I hate to even say it, but I think the undereye is puffier after all this cupping. (I hope it's only my imagination). I'm really hesitant to do the intense cupping in that area, that the woman in the video does.. Shock Shock

I've been anchoring the skin with my free hand, and treat one whole side of my face, and then do likewise on the other side. It really does feel wonderful, and the nice healthy glow is awesome afterward.

I've done about 5 treatments so far, but don't really think I see any increased firmness yet anywhere. Something is feeling different on my thighs though; I'm not feeling as much rippling as I did the first 2 times, (gross, I know.. Sad ), and I didn't get any further black and blue marks.

Does anybody have any good pointers to share? Have any of you noticed a difference good or bad? Isn't it great that we can compare notes here and be supportive to each other?

I love this place!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Kris, when I first started doing facial massage and Flexeffect my eyes swelled up. However, with support I kept it up. No longer do I get swelling. In fact my bags have deflated some. I think the skin around your eyes is not use to being handled in such a manner. Until your eye area gets use to cupping use very little suction. You probably should only do it once or twice a week for now.

I think everyone has to do what is best for them. Certainly I would not want anyone to have problems using the Vaculifter around their eyes. Personally, I have no problems.

As far as seeing results I don't expect much for several weeks. All I know is my face feels awesome and have to love that blush. Wink

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have all four vaculifts and what have used them for four weeks. My report of the thighs is that for two weeks they looked worse, I think that was because the cellulite was being broken up. Then the third week some improvement and toning and the four week much more improvement. Also I have noticed more balancing with my hormones. As for the face I use the lymph draining method that was on another site, maybe it was posted here also. Anyway my face looks more toned and the skin is thicker but I have been derma rolling for three months too. I really didn't expect to notice a difference in the face as far as elasticity for about three months. With the time it takes for cell turn over I felt it would take time. A friend of mine has also ordered and she is noticing much better color and moisture level in the face. I wish we have some advice on the exact technique for cellulite o the legs.
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
We have vacation coming up the last week of June and it would be wonderful to have the lower half a bit more toned.

I really think this cupping business is very promising, and like anything else, I'm sure the results get better and better with time and commitment.

I will definitely ease up around the eye area a bit, and take it gradually.

I also need to cut back on my salt * spam alert * which doesn't help matters, and try to drink more water.

Thanks for all the help and advice.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |