Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, could you return the Large Body one you don't like? Did you buy it from NCN? I was on her website checking things out and saw that she offers a 60-day money back guarantee if I saw it correctly.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:54 am      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

They were very cagey when they designed them to just fall short in the size department, making it necessary to need at least two.. I could live without the large body, but really enjoy the other 3.

If I had to just choose two, it would be the small face + small body. But the really weird thing is, if I could only choose one, it would be the large face....

I guess I should have listened. It was suggested to me to get the small face and small body. I am so broke now and have to stick with my small face and large body for now. I thought my next would be large face. Do you think it is just too small for the body? What about the bruising. Dang they take a long time to go away and they get dark. I was wondering if I can go over that area again or do I have to wait until bruises all gone?

How bad are these bruises? What is causing them? I did not realize that a massaging machine will cause bruising. Shock
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I don't ever get bruises from cupping my thighs and am curious how some of you manage. hmm

Are you cupping really aggressively? I would think it should be possible to use less suction to avoid it. Confused

I regard bruises as a damage that needs to be healed before cupping again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I don't get bruises either. I'd understand bruises from using the Baguanfa Rubber Cups as it would be hard to adjust the suction with those but not with the vaculifter Shock

Those of you who are bruising:

Are you making sure you are using enough oil and/or moisture to glide and monitoring your suction?

Or do you bruise very easily? If you do, maybe take Vit. K as a supplement as well as Vit. C. Also try homeopathic arnica montana (internally or as a cream) after you bruise. And if you know anything about Traditional Chinese Medicine or Donna Eden Energy Medicine (DEEM)www.innersource.net, do anything to strengthen the Spleen meridian!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
No Ruk1, I never even thought of returning the large one.. I'm sure it will come in handy one day, or in case the small body ever breaks..

As for the bruising lunar (and all) , I'm a total ditz, and completely forgot to consider the fact I've been on anticoagulant for the past two and a half months..(I just got the go ahead to start weaning off now, so I'm a happy girl. Laughing )

The bruising was everywhere BUT my face, thank Gawd!.....But truth be told, my whole right side has quite a bit of cellulite.. Sad from being a slug since my surgeries.. Little by little things are getting better, and the bloody little Vaculifter's are actually helping to firm things up a bit..

I'm thinking that bruising will only be a concern in the areas where cellulite is a big issue.

Do any of you notice that horrible ripply feeling when you go over an area with lots of cellulite? Anyway, I'm noticing less of that lately, so something good is happening..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
When I did the backs of my legs for the first time the next day they were absolutely black and blue and it hurt to sit down Shock I used the large face and it did hurt quite allot. I probably used too much suction. When I first started massaging my chest, that hurt too, however, the more I do it the easier it gets. Anyway, the bruises don't worry me, they'll fade - plus it's winter here now so I'm not flashing my legs around anyway.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
****UPDATED THOUGHTS****

After having and using all 4 Vaculifter's, I've finally come to this conclusion; (for now.. Wink )

Small Face - great for lip + eye(I only use it sparingly around the eyes, and it's the best on the upper lip. I don't like it much for the rest of the face.) It pulls the skin much more than the next size up). I find it rough and too small for anything other than the lip and eyes. It holds suction well on the neck, but is really to small. If you don't have the other size to compare this too, you won't know what your missing, so this one can suffice.

Large Face - great for face, neck, arms and chest. (I like this one best for the face, and only use the small one around the eyes.) This is my favorite size, and would be my choice if I could only have one.

Small Body - This one is great for the *arms*, thighs, abs, back + butt. It takes lots of practice to make it work well for the arms because it's a bit too big IMHO. (If your arms are very firm and taut, this size will work fine for you.) I like it best for the body.

Large Body - Although it works for the larger body areas, I find it cumbersome, and difficult to keep the suctioning smooth. It's perfect for the abs and the dreaded back fat though... Laughing

Are you all happy with the cupping? Laughing Any tips or results you care to share? Are you happy with your size selections? Confused Does anybody hate it, and want their money back... Bad Grin

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Got my small face and small body from the lovely Nanci!
So far am enjoying them but may take a bit of practice. I found the small easy to use accept on the jawline and eye but again practice.
I picked up some oil from the health food shop that is for oil cleansing. A combo of avocado Castor rice brand jojoba and something else+ essential oils. It seems to work well and is in a cute pump pack by Moo Goo.
On the body was fine accept the arms were a little tricky. Hurt a bit on my thighs but no bruising. So quite happy and will do this again tomorrow night!
Funny but embarrassing story. I had the body one on my bed side table and my cleaner came to me with it and asked what she should do with it. I thin she thought it was some marital aid Embarassed . I of course tried to explain ridiculously but I not sure she was convinced!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
Funny but embarrassing story. I had the body one on my bed side table and my cleaner came to me with it and asked what she should do with it. I thin she thought it was some marital aid Embarassed . I of course tried to explain ridiculously but I not sure she was convinced!

Bad Grin Laughing Bad Grin Laughing Bad Grin

Come to think of it, it does look a little ominous if your not sure what it's meant to be.. Shock

The oil you are using sounds very nice. Perhaps you can incorporate a little vitamin E in as well. I've been using Avocado + E and it's worked well so far.. I try to use as little as possible to get the job done, so I don't get congested.

doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I got small face and small body.
I used small face four times and I LOVE it! I am getting a lot of compliments, my face looks very clear and radiant. People are telling me that my face/skin looks very good.

I used small body only two times. As of now, I cannot comment if it does anything.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
The oil you are using sounds very nice. Perhaps you can incorporate a little vitamin E in as well. I've been using Avocado + E and it's worked well so far..

Most "over the counter" oil preparations include some Vit. E as a "preservative". Check the ingredients listing. Sometimes it's listed by it's scientific name:

From http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitamine.asp
Quote:
Vitamin E in supplements is usually sold as alpha-tocopheryl acetate, a form of alpha-tocopherol that protects its ability to function as an antioxidant. The synthetic form is labeled "D, L" while the natural form is labeled "D". The synthetic form is only half as active as the natural form.

5% products discount

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
O my gosh - what happened here! I introduced cupping to this forum, but I´m not here very often. Sorry, gals! Keliu asked me to give some explanations concerning the vaculift.

I can only tell you how I´ve been using it for 5 years or more now with great results.

I use it in the morning as part of my cleansing routine and because I have more time then. I experimented with oil combinations and what suits my skin best is a mixture of thistle (carthamus tinctoris) and evening primrose oil. 4 parts of thistle, 1 part ep-oil. I mix it in a small bottle with 2 drops of lavender, rose geranium and orange oil. If you are very sensible, just use pure coldpressed oils. You have to experiment which oil suits you best. Geografx cleansing oil ist great too.

I start decongesting the lymphs. That means to start vaculifting underneath your ears as there are some lymphknots which may be blocked. Then I go on round my mouth, along the cheeks, under the eyes, over the eye-brows, along the "second eye" and the forehead, between the eyes, around the eyes, over the upper lips... slow, comfortable motions. You have to look at pictures of the facial muscles and the chinese acupuncture spots to find out for yourself. The lymph is important too. So start under the ears
and you can immediately feel swollen eyes drain off.

I repeat it for 5, 10 minutes. Then I remove the oil with an organic tissue and follow with my usual cleansing routine.

Does this help? I promise I return to this page soon. Please excuse!

Have a nice day!

Eleni
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Eleni wrote:
I start decongesting the lymphs. That means to start vaculifting underneath your ears as there are some lymphknots which may be blocked. ...The lymph is important too. So start under the ears
and you can immediately feel swollen eyes drain off.

Thanks for the lymph under the ears tip, Eleni! I need that!

You've been using it quite a while. Have you noticed a difference in your undereye area? That is the area I'm most nervous about using the vaculift in but I want to (mixed feeling of hope and fear of making the area worse) Doubt I have slight bagging but also some bluish discoloration underneath - especially the part nearest my nose. I see it most pronounced when I look at myself in the mirror in profile - yucka! Mad

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
OMG!!this sounds scary! Shock Do people really do this, well I guess, but my gosh!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
[ I have slight bagging but also some bluish discoloration underneath - especially the part nearest my nose. I see it most pronounced when I look at myself in the mirror in profile - yucka! Mad

Oh lunar, I feel your pain; (minus the discoloration).

The Vaculifter seems to be helping my bags, at least temporarily throughout the day. I've been doing it in the morning, and I do believe the lymphatic drainage really helps 'empty' things out. (Now if I could ever cut out some of my salt intake, perhaps the benefits would last longer.)

Speaking of lymphatic drainage, do any of you feel the liquid draining in your throat? I actually have to keep swallowing, it's such a weird feeling. I'm also having to wash my hair more often. And like Zenity and someone else mentioned earlier, more dreaded ear wax..

Okay, back to the eye area. Like you, I was very concerned about having at this delicate area with the V. What really helps to not tug and drag the skin, is to anchor the skin firmly with your free hand. I've found that keeping whatever area I'm working on as taut as possible, makes for a much better seal, and easier maneuvering of the V.

katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I used the small body on my thighs last night and honestly I look like i have been beaten and thrown of a speeding train Embarassed .
I don't have cellulite but am nearly 50 and my aim is firmness. It hurt too in places so I think I was a little too aggressive.
Getting the hang of the face now too but upper eyelids still tricky.
How are we cleaning the VL? I am wiping the bell out with a tissue but I know she mentioned sterilising fluid if your had acne.
What are you all doing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
I used the small body on my thighs last night and honestly I look like i have been beaten and thrown of a speeding train Embarassed .
I don't have cellulite but am nearly 50 and my aim is firmness. It hurt too in places so I think I was a little too aggressive.
How are we cleaning the VL? I am wiping the bell out with a tissue but I know she mentioned sterilising fluid if your had acne.
What are you all doing

My thighs are bruised and battered too - I also can't believe how much it actually hurts. But the more I do it, the less painful it gets.

As for cleaning, I'm just wiping it with a tissue and giving it a bit of a swish under hot running water. I'm a little concerned about water getting trapped in the rubber ball though.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
As for cleaning, I'm just wiping it with a tissue and giving it a bit of a swish under hot running water. I'm a little concerned about water getting trapped in the rubber ball though.

Me too. Wonder what will happen over time with oil and water, etc. if it gets in there?! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:17 am      Reply with quote
I found this article "Cup away" your cellulite? on iVillage.co.uk. The journalist is getting cellulite therapy with heated cups, but I believe that the main principles are the same as with Vaculift.

It's said that the treatment helps draining excess fluids and toxins, loosen adhesion and lift connective tissue. It brings blood flow to undernourished skin and muscles. The therapist told that there are many forms of cupping therapy, but for cellulite and fat breakdown in particular, it's "massage cupping" which works best.

http://www.ivillage.co.uk/health/comp/alttherapy/articles/0,,626884_712749,00.html

5% products discount

Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
What are you all doing

For cleansing the VL, I just use some alcohol, cotton wool and q-tip. Hot water did not work for me. You never get it out of the rubber bulb.
heima
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for your answer. I agree, for pore cleansing the panasonic was not good at all, so I just placed it in the clutter ages ago.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Just my two cents to this.

I remember when having endermologie in the past the woman that performed the treatment always started with a gently suction massage in lymph nodes. She said it was to stimulate them to make their function improve and accelerate the elimination of "dirt".

Based on that, when I dry brush or suction massage my face I start with a gentle motion where lymph nodes are located. (See diagrams)

Then I just perform my brush/massage as desired.
At the end of my session is when I move the fluids towards the location of the glands to make sure all the lymph waste is conducted to the right places.

I have already posted the link to these diagrams but I think it might be better to directly put the images here:

----------------------

BTW: the name of this thread is "cupping for skin tightening". I would like to hear the feedback of veteran users regarding the tightening part. What is your progress? Have you really notice an improvement in how tighten your face looks?
I have myself, but I am doing many other things and I am not quite sure what part of the credit regards to suction massage.

----------------

THNKS!!!!!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Very interesting Zenity, thanks for posting the charts.

I've only been doing this for a short while, but I do think the backs of my legs are looking a bit better. I don't really see any tightening in my face though. Could you please share with us what else you are doing in regard to facial tightening.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Zenity, you are a star, thakyou for posting that, and for all your very helpful and inspiring posts!

I have been vaculifting my body, and am quite quickly noticing a tightening of skin on abdomen, thighs and belly, and also the breasts, where I am going very gently!
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, I don't know if you visited the thread I opened at FE boards regarding suction massage or facial cupping. I explain there what i have done in my face in detail.

But basically, what I have been doing are facial exercises, dermarolling, use UP5 and Facemate devices, massage with negative pressure (what you do with vaculift but in my case with another set) and other techniques using only my hands, dry skin brushing and using matrixyl, DMAE, vit C, hyaluronic acid and topical collagen.
Last winter tretitoin (retin A) Some home made stuff... I mean... a lot of things! LOL! Laughing

Not all-in-one, not all the same time nor everyday, except for facial exercising and few other things, that I do almost daily.
Usually when I try something new i got excited about it and keep doing it for a while to test results, then I move to something else and keep doing it every here and there.
That is why I wonder what is giving me my results... Could it be a combination of everything? Laughing
That is why I am wondering about you guys and your results to have a better reference of what part of my success is from the suction massage.

Any other testimonials would be appreciated.

Catski
Thnx a lot for your feedback! If I am a star you are a constelation! Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |