Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Ive been cupping my face with the bulb for maybe 2 months....

I have noticed in one area of my cheeks that they do appear fuller after cupping (havent paid attention to whether it is cumulative) I just know that afterwards I can feel/see a difference in this one area. That is all I have noticed from cupping.

I did cup my mom as well (she didnt like the feeling on her forehead - but she does nothing to her face in the way that we all do)... anyway - she too thought her cheeks plumped up afterwards and that was after One treatment...
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I am quite familiar with the plumping effect... LOL! I have been experimenting a lot with it.
But one thing is the "effect" which fades, and another one is long term staying results, without the use of the suction massage for, lets say 2 days or so.
Obviously plumping comes because a little bit of swelling happens done that all the fluids are pushed to the surface of the skin, filling the emptiness between the layers of the dermis.
If plumping happens a skin tightening sensation occurs.

I am not cupping everyday now, I use to take a day or two off and then repeat the treatment and my face stays pretty much the same way.

Have you noticed something like that, or your results are fading as time goes on?

Just my curiosity to compare with others.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Zenity,

I really havent noticed how long the plumping lasts to be honest (you would think I would pay more attention).

I was cupping every day as well but Anita from massagecupping.com said the face needs a few days to drain and waiting 2 to 3 days is better. I guess draining is not a visible process - cause i cant tell the difference in my skin if i wait or not

I am also rolling (with a freaking .12 and a 2.0) so thats where Im assuming I would get the most changes in my skin. I rolled with the .12 (still cant believe its that tiny) last night and this morning my skin definitely looked more plump. But again Im assuming these effects ARE just temporary because if it was cumulative wouldnt I almost look swollen and puffy after a few months of using these gadgets??? Smile
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I don't use "cupping".

However, I massage my face and neck with a massager every now and then. I also use an Eucalyptus mud pack that I put on my face and neck before sleeping. In the morning, I have tightened and glowing skin... Usually apply a good moisturizer after that... Try it Smile
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for telling me about your results.

It is hard to tell what is really doing something to your skin when you do so many things. Isn't it?

But the best is that if something -or everything-
is doing a good job then all our investment in time, money, dedication and work pays back.

Very Happy
rowmare
5% products discount

Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I have the small and large face, and the small body. I`ve been cupping for about 3 weeks now, so not a long track record yet Smile .
r
Already I have noticed a huge improvement on my tummy and sides. I`m cupping them with both the small body and large face, and cupping them because, after four children, it`s a little loose and lumpy looking. Sad It`s hard to estimate, but after 3 weeks of cupping about every other day, the skin has noticeably tightened and the lumpy appearance is at least 30% reduced!!(probably more than 30%, I`m just being conservative here.)

My daughter, who is 24 and skinny, but still had a little cottage cheese on her legs (she says so, but I can`t see it!!) has used the small body on it a couple times and already swears it`s made a huge difference.

I don`t know whether or not it`s made any difference to my face, because lately I`ve started doing a bunch of new things in that area! I`ve dermarolled (1.5mm), started with Copper Peptides, cupping and even a little retinol. However, with all that, there is a big improvement to my skin`s appearance. It`s less blotchy, a little tighter looking and the fine lines are definitely finer. Also, my nasal labial fold that was starting to become quite noticable has pretty much disappeared.
Laughing

P.S. I`m so glad I found this site!
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to add because I only noticed it once until it happened again last night during my cupping session that I can no longer get suction on my forehead - only near my eyebrows can I get easy suction. Im assuming this is a good thing (my skin in that area has firmed maybe) Ive cupped quite a few times in the last 2 months and this is what Ive noticed the last 2 times.
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly I not good at this cupping thing!! Confused
This morning I did my face and neck before work and wore a v neck top.
I happily went about my business seeing clients etc thinking I was looking great.
Fast forward to lunch time when I go to the bathroom and see that i have on my neck a very large PURPLE MARK that looks suspiciously like a hickey Shock .
Great how do I explain this to my co workers or my clients.
So embarrassing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I used the small face on my arms today. So much easier.
I think I will get the large face as well Embarassed
I plan to use the small face for face and neck
Small face and large face for arms
small body for tummy and maybe large face for thighs.
I am using Bio Oil for my body as it cheap and supposedly useful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
Keliu, I don't know if you visited the thread I opened at FE boards regarding suction massage or facial cupping. I explain there what i have done in my face in detail.

But basically, what I have been doing are facial exercises, dermarolling, use UP5 and Facemate devices, massage with negative pressure (what you do with vaculift but in my case with another set) and other techniques using only my hands, dry skin brushing and using matrixyl, DMAE, vit C, hyaluronic acid and topical collagen.
Last winter tretitoin (retin A) Some home made stuff... I mean... a lot of things! LOL! Laughing

Zenity - I'm doing ALL of the above except the facial exercises - I just don't have the discipline for that. But could you provide the link for your FE board, I would be very interested to read it?

Everyone - When I first started using the Vaculifter I couldn't believe how much it hurt. The pain to the backs of my legs and upper arms as I massaged was terrible - and I have the bruises to prove it. However, I am now barely feeling a thing. I think that this is due to having broken down the "knots" that were under the skin. The backs of my legs now feel smooth to the touch instead of all lumpy. I think they're looking allot smoother too.
cmayes71
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Is this safe to use if you are prone to spider veins or varicose veins? I had laser ablation on my varicose veins but have some spider veins still. I had read that it can be helpful for people prone to getting spider veins. It said it helps with blood circulation.

Thanks

Cindy
starbuxxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't sleep one night and got sucked into this infomercial for a suction device called Celluless for your body and ended up buying it on Ebay for alot less than the infomercial ( you can google celluless and see the website and demo) but I think it is the same concept as the cupping. I am just starting to use it this week and it does have a plug in and you can adjust the suction. Has anyone tried this and know how it compares to the body cupping? (I don't promote or endorse this product just wondering if it is another alternative to cupping).
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
starbuxxx - Celluless is cupping for larger body parts.
starbuxxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the quick reply. I was going to order from Nancy the small device for the face and the medium body but then thought maybe the celluless would be the same concept and I only need to order the face size. I wouldn't even try the celluless on my face. Thanks again.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu

This is the link to the boards where I posted about my cupping experience.
It has been posted here somewhere but I cannot find it:

http://flexeffect.proboards19.com/index.cgi?board=general%26action=display%26thread=1595

-----------------------------

Something new has happened to me the past days.
I started noticing little bumps in my chin. Not exactly pimples but the ones that have that white waste and once you squeeze them a little white spaghetti comes out.
I couldn't believe my eyes!!! Shock
Not that they are new for me, every here and there I can find one in my face, but this time was different. Many of them were coming to the surface, and staying longer than usual. If I popped one the next day I will still have some around the one gone. Very resistant and obstinate little ones!
It made me wonder about cupping and conducting all the dirt to the surface of my skin.
Nothing has changed in my life except the weather. Now is extremely hot. Besides, this time I had the feeling that something else was going on.

Oh well!

I have been reading a lot about wet cupping.
Is an ancient technique used to detox the body and get rid of toxins etc. Not pleasant to watch but extremely effective according to the ones who have tried this modality of traditional cupping.
Basically consists in applying suction left in place in the meridians with the cups. After that cups are removed and little punctures are made in the surface of the skin. Then the cups are placed again allowing all the fluids to be drained out of the body. Apparently is more effective than soft traditional cupping 'cause all the waste is eliminated right away, while with just cupping the body has to reabsorb the fluids and the waste to be eliminated.

Anyway... thinking on my little friends and wet cupping I came up with my light version of wet cupping for the face.

Just did a regular cupping session in my face. More intense than normal making sure I insisted a lot in the chin-jaw area and trying to drive all the stuff to the surface.
When I finished I was shocked to see how a lot more were showing up.
Then I rolled my face with my 2mm dermaroller.
Then I massaged again with the cups making sure I was in a very slow motion, insisting in my chin specially, and trying to drive all the stuff toward lymph glands on ears.
I observed tiny dots of blood and nothing else coming through micro-wholes of my skin.
Went to bed after cleaning my face and applying an azulene mask to calm down my skin.

Next morning, nothing, nada, niente... They were gone!!! I watched my face with an augmentation mirror to check out and even stretching my skin i could not see them. Almost imperceptible pores were there, but my bumpy ones that just the day before I could feel just by touching my chin and see in the mirror were not there.

Weird, uh?

I still don't know why this has happened. I have never got an invasion of white heads (if this is the name) before. In fact my skin is pretty dry. And since I use the cupping massage this is the first time I have noticed something like this.

Anyone else noticing something similar?

I am glad they are gone, but I had so much fun squeezing them that I am gonna miss my little entertainment of the past days Crying or Very sad

Sorry for my long post Confused
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, I don't get to hit the forum too often, and when I do, it always affects my credit card....yikes.

Well, I've ordered the Celluless from Ebay...thanks Starbuxx! Can you keep us posted on your usage/results?

Now, I'm planning to order the Vaculifter from Nanci (she's so nice!!). Questions and concerns: I'm planning to order the small and large face Vacu Lifter...will those be sufficient to start out with? Also, I see that many people use a variety of different types of oils with the cupping. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the best oil is for me, and unfortunately, have very little time to combine my own. My skin is somewhat sensitive, prone to break-outs, and I almost always, always have congested skin. Every time I go for my facials, she spends soooo much time doing extractions. Then, in between facials, I see so much congestion in my skin, it's disgusting. I'm hoping this will help. Please, can someone make a suggestion for which oils to use with the Vacu Lifter? And are the small and large face Vaculifters okay to start with? As always, thanks!!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
msaries1 wrote:
Now, I'm planning to order the Vaculifter from Nanci (she's so nice!!). Questions and concerns: I'm planning to order the small and large face Vacu Lifter...will those be sufficient to start out with?

Also, I see that many people use a variety of different types of oils with the cupping. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the best oil is for me, and unfortunately, have very little time to combine my own. My skin is somewhat sensitive, prone to break-outs, and I almost always, always have congested skin. Every time I go for my facials, she spends soooo much time doing extractions. Then, in between facials, I see so much congestion in my skin, it's disgusting. I'm hoping this will help. Please, can someone make a suggestion for which oils to use with the Vacu Lifter? And are the small and large face Vaculifters okay to start with? As always, thanks!!

I have the small face and small body ones - I got them from Nanci. Eventually, I would like to get the large face one as I primarily am doing the vaculifter on the face right now. [Actually, I love the vaculifters but I need to do it more often Wink I've been playing with my new 3-pack of dermarollers and that's been keeping me busy....]. If you are planning to primarily use the vaculifter for the face the small and big face ones would be great but if you are looking to do face and body, I think I would get the ones I did (small face and small body).

I also got the vaculifter oil from Nanci to start out but think any good cold-pressed oil (that doesn't irritate your skin) would be good. It's hard to say what would be best for you as you have sensitive skin and also are prone to breakouts. You might want to invest in the vaculifter oil to start out as I know people who use hazelnut oil regularly on their face with no problems but broke out when using it with the vaculifter on the face. I do think the vaculifter promotes oil absorption as well as skin cleansing...

Here are a few links to sites that give info about carrier oil properties:
http://www.katuri.com/naturals/oils/carriers.shtml
http://www.zhealthinfo.com/carrier.htm
http://www.aromaweb.com/articles/whatcarr.asp

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
you can try the produit of valmont,they can make your skin tightening/
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
This is what I'm using for cellulite.. (Philips Perfectslim Pro). Does anyone else have this?

http://www.iosss.com/shopping/review.asp?prod=924

It has the rollers and suction, but it's tricky to do smaller areas, like the arms. As it's quite big it's only really good for bottom and legs.

The Vaculift looks like it'd be better for targeting smaller areas.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have the cellesse vitesse from phillips too.
It was great to treat my cellulite after having my baby. I used daily and cellulite was gone few weeks later.
I personally like it a lot but as you mentioned, it is intended to use only in your butt and thighs, at least that is what the user's manual of mine says about it.
Combines the suction with the rolling motion and I think that is what really makes the difference in destroying fat cells.

I have used the suction massage with cupping cups in my sister, and she loves it and has worked too for her.

IMO whatever uses negative pressure works for destroying cellulite, if you add an strong massage it improves and/or accelerate the process.
Eleni
5% products discount

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:03 am      Reply with quote
The Wellbox from Guitay has special programmes for treating the face and decolltée. I heard about remarkable results but hesitate to invest such an amount as long as the vaculifter works for me...

http://www.wellboxusa.com/home.html

http://www.wellboxusa.com/liftmassage-dev.htm
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:33 am      Reply with quote
The well box says after 8 weeks of treatment, a reduction of 20% in dimpling ( cellulite dimpling)... that doesnt sound particularly impressive does it?!

The vaculifters are better than that, dont you find?

I have the cellesse, also. It is effective, but cumbersome to use and noisy. I find the noisiness a bit stressful,on a repetetive basis, so I'm very happy to use the silent vaculifters.

I also have a big infra red percussive massager which helps break up cellulite, which is very relaxing, EXCEPT it weighs a ton to hold..
Kris_*Kringle*
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I think this cupping business is great. I really notice a nicer glow to my skin and a firmness on my legs since using it. My face doesn't feel any firmer though. When I do it on my face for about 10 minutes I get a little pink, but not at all red like the woman in the video. Do you all get beet red like that?

I brought them to a friend house recently for her to try them out, and she had an Avon cellulite cream. I used it on my legs, and I could feel a coolness that's hard to describe. I'm going to buy it, and see how it works. It made me feel a tightening sensation. I want to use it for awhile and see if it does anything.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had any problem with the cupping of the neck area? I just got mine this week from Nanci (ordered the small and large face), but am having problem getting decent suction even with the oil that I purchased.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:05 am      Reply with quote
msaries1 wrote:
Has anyone had any problem with the cupping of the neck area? I just got mine this week from Nanci (ordered the small and large face), but am having problem getting decent suction even with the oil that I purchased.

Yes, I also have a problem with losing suction. I think it helps if you can hold the skin tight with one hand and also move the cup a little more slowly.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |