Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I don't get a lot of redness on my face, but I do get very very pink. It goes away very quickly. I will definitely try pulling the skin a little to get the better suction. I haven't tried that yet....today will be the day!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Kris_*Kringle* wrote:
I think this cupping business is great. I really notice a nicer glow to my skin and a firmness on my legs since using it. My face doesn't feel any firmer though. When I do it on my face for about 10 minutes I get a little pink, but not at all red like the woman in the video. Do you all get beet red like that?I'm going to buy it, and see how it works.

I also don't get as red as the woman in the video. My face gets pink but it goes away in about a minute. However, my décolletage area gets very red, but the redness only stays for a couple of minutes.

I absolutely love the cupping, it also gives my face skin a nice glow and looks fresh and radiant. I believe that my face does look more firm. I get complimented on how I look. I just met someone that I didn’t see for a few months and she kept looking at me wondering (asking) why I look different (I didn’t tell her anything).

How often and for how long do you do cupping on your face? I do it about three times a week. Also, how often and for how long do you do it on your body/legs? I only do it once a week and I know that it is definitely not enough.
Eleni
5% products discount

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
msaries1 wrote:
Has anyone had any problem with the cupping of the neck area? I just got mine this week from Nanci (ordered the small and large face), but am having problem getting decent suction even with the oil that I purchased.

Yes, I also have a problem with losing suction. I think it helps if you can hold the skin tight with one hand and also move the cup a little more slowly.

Don´t do that, Keliu! Be careful. Just press the balloon once again if you loose suction. Before you start, operate the little plug at the end of the vaculifter. Smile
artgal1958
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
How often and for how long do you do cupping on your face? I do it about three times a week. Also, how often and for how long do you do it on your body/legs? I only do it once a week and I know that it is definitely not enough.

I have been trying to do the cupping on my thighs about every three days. I am quite aggressive although I am finally learning how to avoid bruising. I have definitely noticed a tightening/firming of my thighs and a decrease in cellulite. Hooray!! I have had cellulite for 30+ years and tried everything. I'm a vegetarian, avid exerciser and finally something is working. I am a true believer in cupping for cellulite! I use Weleda's Birch Cellulite Oil which I purchased in a health food store.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
artgal1958 wrote:
Quote:

I have been trying to do the cupping on my thighs about every three days. I am quite aggressive although I am finally learning how to avoid bruising. I have definitely noticed a tightening/firming of my thighs and a decrease in cellulite. Hooray!! I have had cellulite for 30+ years and tried everything. I'm a vegetarian, avid exerciser and finally something is working. I am a true believer in cupping for cellulite! I use Weleda's Birch Cellulite Oil which I purchased in a health food store.

For how long are you doing it?

Thanks.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Well, I just tried the cupping on the neck area. I have to say, if someone is going to purchase only one of the Vaculifters for the face, go with the small face Vaculifter. That's the one I ended up getting the best suction w/in the neck area. The small face one just seems to be the most versatile size.

And it sounds like I need to limit my cupping to three times a week. I got my Vaculifters yesterday and started, and then did them again today. However, I'm only doing two passes over the whole face, three to four over the neck and chest area. I just don't the result to be any broken capillaries. I almost ALWAYS start out too aggressive on new products....ugh!!!
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Oh! One other note....anyone tried the Celluless Machine, the cupping for cellulite? Starbuxx, anything new there? The machine doesn't seem to have the same suction as the Vaculifters.
artgal1958
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

Thanks.

I probably do each thigh for about 15 minutes. Usually, I can feel that it has been enough as the back of my thighs (the area I am really targeting is quite warm and red.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
artgal1958 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks.

I probably do each thigh for about 15 minutes. Usually, I can feel that it has been enough as the back of my thighs (the area I am really targeting is quite warm and red.

Thank you.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Here is the review I have made from the 3 systems I have tried until now including the vaculift:

http://flexeffect.proboards19.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=1595&page=9

If this helps anyone to decide I will be happy to help.

Best to all!
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
For those in Germany, an ebay seller, katerlady2002 has the Vaculift listed (free postage for German customers).

I ordered a Small Face from there, as I had a paypal voucher. Think I'll get a Small Body too, see how I get on with those two.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I got an email form Nacni at NCN about a question that has been ask of her regarding broken caps. I don't have this issue but she knows I am active on several forums and have all four vaCulifts.
Toby

I wanted to let you know that I FINALLY got the word on using the vaculifts for broken caps - it's a no no. Spoke to the president of the company this morning after emails being unanswered! I know you post on the forums so I thought you might want to spread the word. I'll also be posting it on my website but it's under construction right now. I'll get it on there as soon as I can.
NANCI

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I got an email form Nacni at NCN about a question that has been ask of her regarding broken caps. I don't have this issue but she knows I am active on several forums and have all four vaCulifts.
Toby

I wanted to let you know that I FINALLY got the word on using the vaculifts for broken caps - it's a no no. Spoke to the president of the company this morning after emails being unanswered! I know you post on the forums so I thought you might want to spread the word. I'll also be posting it on my website but it's under construction right now. I'll get it on there as soon as I can.
NANCI

All of the broken caps I had in the past on my cheeks and chin came back (worse than ever), after using the Vaculifter about 2 months.

I stopped using it a couple of weeks ago, and the LED is helping to fade them once again, but the Vaculifter is a definite no-no for me.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Toby wrote:
Toby

NANCI

All of the broken caps I had in the past on my cheeks and chin came back (worse than ever), after using the Vaculifter about 2 months.

I stopped using it a couple of weeks ago, and the LED is helping to fade them once again, but the Vaculifter is a definite no-no for me.

I had problems with broken caps on my lower cheeks and nostril area. About eight years ago I had IPL and the caps disappeared. Slowly they started coming back.

Since using the Quasar over a year my caps were hardly visible. I started FlexEffect around three months ago and use the Vaculifter daily. My skin feels thicker and firmer. The only place I have a few broken caps is on the sides of my nose. In my case the Vaculifter has not caused the caps to surface.

I this little gadget. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
My storey is exactly the same as Winnie's, except I've also incorporated the Dermaroller which has also helped. As for using the Vaculifter, I've been concentrating on my neck and jowl area - so far I haven't noticed it exacerbating my caps - but it is something that I'm mindful of.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Toby wrote:
I got an email form Nacni at NCN about a question that has been ask of her regarding broken caps.

I wanted to let you know that I FINALLY got the word on using the vaculifts for broken caps - it's a no no.
NANCI

I had problems with broken caps on my lower cheeks and nostril area. About eight years ago I had IPL and the caps disappeared. Slowly they started coming back.

Since using the Quasar over a year my caps were hardly visible. I started FlexEffect around three months ago and use the Vaculifter daily. My skin feels thicker and firmer. The only place I have a few broken caps is on the sides of my nose. In my case the Vaculifter has not caused the caps to surface.

I this little gadget. Smile

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Winnie,
Could you please answer the following questions:
How do you like FlexEffect program?
Do you see any substantial improvements?
How much time every day does it take for you to do the exercises?
Do you use Vaculifter instead of suggested program massage or you do both?

Sorry for all the questions. I just turned 50 and I need to start some kind of a facial exercise program since I don’t have plans to have any kind of surgical face lift now or in the future. I am using the Vaculifter which I absolutely love, but I still need to do facial exercises. I also have the Quasar. Now I am just trying to find the right program for my needs.

Thank you very much.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Winnie,
Could you please answer the following questions:
How do you like FlexEffect program?
Do you see any substantial improvements?
How much time every day does it take for you to do the exercises?
Do you use Vaculifter instead of suggested program massage or you do both?

Sorry for all the questions. I just turned 50 and I need to start some kind of a facial exercise program since I don’t have plans to have any kind of surgical face lift now or in the future. I am using the Vaculifter which I absolutely love, but I still need to do facial exercises. I also have the Quasar. Now I am just trying to find the right program for my needs.

Thank you very much.

I spend approximately 30 minutes 5 days a week doing facial exercise. Many times I break up the time (10 minutes here and there). I have replaced the massage with the Vaculifter and find it is working well. I use the Vaculifter daily. Once a week I use the Quasar on my face, neck and declotee.

The results: Facial Exercise and my gadgets do more for my skin then any cream. AlphaDerma CE is still my HG. Lets face it at my age there is only so much creams can do for your skin. Bad Grin

I think Flex Effect is a fabulous program. In my case I take my time and try not to overdo. In the three something months I have been flexing I do notice the sides of my mouth don't droop as much. My neck is considerably firmer. Adding the Vaculifter has made a noticeable difference. IMHO even if you don't flex, massage is the key to a healthy, firmer complexion.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I spend approximately 30 minutes 5 days a week doing facial exercise. Many times I break up the time (10 minutes here and there). I have replaced the massage with the Vaculifter and find it is working well. I use the Vaculifter daily. Once a week I use the Quasar on my face, neck and declotee.

The results: Facial Exercise and my gadgets do more for my skin then any cream. AlphaDerma CE is still my HG. Lets face it at my age there is only so much creams can do for your skin.

I think Flex Effect is a fabulous program. In my case I take my time and try not to overdo. In the three something months I have been flexing I do notice the sides of my mouth don't droop as much. My neck is considerably firmer. Adding the Vaculifter has made a noticeable difference. IMHO even if you don't flex, massage is the key to a healthy, firmer complexion.

Winnie, thank you very much for answering my questions and being so helpful.

My chin and neck areas are my main concern. 30 minutes a day is not too bad, I think I can do it. I will place an order tonight or tomorrow morning.

Two more questions:
1. Are the exercises difficult to do?
2. Do you still use the Facial Flex?

Thanks again.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Last week I found myself walking behind a woman who had obviously had some major cupping on her upper back and shoulders. Big perfectly round blue blotches scattered around. She had on a halter top.

A VERY odd sight -- like the Gwyneth Paltrow pic. You do want to go up to them and say, "Um. Not pretty. Cover up."

Note, this is about the hardcore antitoxin-cupping practice. Not what is going on here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Okay guys this is updated information from Nanci at NCN

Hi

Well you're probably going to want to kill me - but I have new information
from Britt (the woman who demonstrates the vaculift on the video). She's
telling me an entirely different thing than the president of the company. I
think she knows more than he does about it though since she has been using
it for 7 years. I've attached it for you. She said that she used to have
spider veins but doesn't anymore since using the Vaculift. She also said
that they might get worse before they get better but she no longer has
spider veins (broken caps). So......... if you can, will you repost? My
sincere apologies. It's been like pulling teeth to get the information but
I feel so wonderful that I can "chat" with her now!

Thanks!!

Nanci

Nanci Callahan Nivolo
NCN Professional SkinCare www.NCNProSkinCare.com

Dear Nancy,
My name is Britt Schoebe and I’ve been using the Vaculifter for more than 7 years! I SWEAR ON THAT DEVICE!!!!!!!!!! Me and the inventor of the Vaculifter have been presenting the device for 4 years at QVC Germany, together with my fantastic looking mother ( 89!!!) years old, extremely successful! There is no other device that makes you look younger in a natural way, which rebuilds collagen and elastin, which increases metabolism up to three days and which increases circulation!!
Only a few things you have to watch: for the first four to six times please massage no longer than the skin is getting red -stop - because skin is not yet used to the massage! When skin is thin, it could be only 2 minutes and when skin is thick, may be 3 minutes! After the fifth to sixth time you can massage 10-15 minutes.
To see an effort, it is necessary to massage at least 3x a week 10-15 minutes. I had spider veins myself, but they are gone. It takes a while but they come off. Don’t get irritated when they seem to be stronger at the beginning - this is normal, because circulation is getting more, but spider veins are getting less!
One thing I never heard in all this years is that you become drooping skin - exactly the opposite - it looks plumped up with a fresh color and finer pores. That’s what you get with the Vaculifter :a better circulation - finer pores - a peeling - an increase of metabolism, in short words: you look years younger and fresher looking. - Using the 1 cm device, you increase the lip volume and when you go around your eyes and eyelids, it saves you to have an operation!! That’s what I wanted to do a few years ago and thank god, I didn’t!!!
If you have any more questions, please contact me!
Have a nice day!
Best regards
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Toby, thanks for posting that!

Now I'm wondering if I should give it another try on my face, and just go very slow and easy.. hmm. The spider veins that came back have faded considerably since I stopped the V.

I went hog wild and think I did it too often, and for too long right off the bat. The email you posted makes me think it's worth another try, doing it the *right* way.

Thank you!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Toby, thank you!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy I would try it again with a gentle approach. I tend to over do some things out of sheer excitement of a new "toy" Shock . I must have been an interesting kid Laughing
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a question for those in the know...

Does Retin-A conflict with facial cupping in any way?

I tried it again very gently today, after reading the email, and I have what looks like a cluster of broken veins in two areas, one under the brow and one on my cheek. (Very small, about an 1/8th of an inch roughly)

I started Retin-A .5% two nights ago, is this all just coincidental, or should I just omit either or? If I have to choose, I'd rather toss the Retin-A.

Toby, I think I wrote the book on 'overdoing'... My philosophy has always been; if a little is good, then a lot is better... Bad Grin

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi fellow cuppers!

I've been using the Vaculift large face since beginning of May and just love this little gadget. I'm to the point where I can do it without the use of a mirror and I do it for 10-15 minutes while watching TV, quite vigorously at this point since my skin has gotten used to it. I use a EO or topical with slip to it. My jawline has tightened up. But I have been using a facial flex too on alternative nights (so that probably helps). The morning after cupping, my face just looks more refreshed and lifted. The increase to circulation (providing oxygen and nutrients to your skin) is a key benefit of this gadget and that means better overall functioning of your skin. It totally makes sense. Unless you can't use it because of thin skin or rosacea, I think this is a must-have gadget, considering the price.

Thanks to mpstat for starting this thread Smile . I never heard of this device before.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |