Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Winnie - the device as you can see on the picture has three metal spouts at the right side of the front panel. One spout for spray, another one for vacuum, and the third one for patting massage. A thin hose is attached to one of the spouts depending on the procedure one is going to do. The other end of the hose gets attached to a glass attachment piece.

As I understand the difference between vacuum, and patting functions is the strength of the suction. I attach my double hose to patting spout, and a double hose enables me to perform cupping with two hands at the same time. The machine provides the suction automatically.

As I see it, patting massage is in the same line as cupping, e.g. mechanical cups, vaculifter etc., but it has more to offer by automating the process. I am not familiar with other patting massage uses. With this device I spend much less time then with regular mechanical cupping, also I can adjust the suction strength. Body cupping is a breeze with this device, facial cupping is very fast too. Yes, the device is noisy, has some draw backs, imagine noise from your regular vacuum, but I am really glad that I have this device, it works for me.

Mpstat, you got a great deal on this machine, but you mentioned they don't have good customer service. However, since it's nearly $100 saving, do you feel that their not having good customer service could be a problem and it's not worth the saving?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Mpstat, you got a great deal on this machine, but you mentioned they don't have good customer service. However, since it's nearly $100 saving, do you feel that their not having good customer service could be a problem and it's not worth the saving?

If something is wrong with the machine customer service might be a problem. My machine works fine, but if it breaks chances are that I would be out of luck. So it is about how much risk you can tolerate.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
To whoever recommended the Vaculifter Face Small and Body Small, thank you!

They are both the perfect size..I was waiting for the Vaculifter Body to appear so "practised" with the Face one. It lost its suction a few times as you'd expect, but still gave a good massage.

I used the Body Vaculifter for the first time earlier, and it's much better, it hardly loses suction and now I've got bruises all over. The backs of the legs hurrrt!

The Philips PerfectSlim Pro is nowhere near as good, that's now abandoned! Wish I'd heard of the Vaculifter first, and saved the £25 the Philips cost me. I'm so glad I bought them.

Hopefully I can say goodbye to the Cellulite Fairy Laughing

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I'm back on deck! Whilst I was away I increased the length of massage time with the Vaculifter to 15 mins - every second morning. I'm very happy to report that my neck is really starting to improve. Now this might not be soley due to the Vaculifter because before I went away I incorporated Remergent DNA repair, Kosmea Eighth Wonder Serum and a DIY Glucosamine/Niacinamide serum into my routine. I also rollered with a .5mm Dermaroller about every fourth day. So with all of this, I've definitely seen a real improvement to my skin - it's much fresher looking and my neck has tightened up considerably. I love the Vaculifter! Also, no problems with increased broken caps.
judysabag

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone reccomend a website , preferably that takes paypal. Thanks Judy

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Whoops forgot to say that I want to buy vaculifter and need a trusted website

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:23 am      Reply with quote
judysabag wrote:
Whoops forgot to say that I want to buy vaculifter and need a trusted website

NCNpro Skincare is an extremely reputable and reliable site - many of us purchase from here:

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,38/category_id,7/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,235/
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm back on deck! Whilst I was away I increased the length of massage time with the Vaculifter to 15 mins - every second morning. I'm very happy to report that my neck is really starting to improve. Now this might not be soley due to the Vaculifter because before I went away I incorporated Remergent DNA repair, Kosmea Eighth Wonder Serum and a DIY Glucosamine/Niacinamide serum into my routine. I also rollered with a .5mm Dermaroller about every fourth day. So with all of this, I've definitely seen a real improvement to my skin - it's much fresher looking and my neck has tightened up considerably. I love the Vaculifter! Also, no problems with increased broken caps.

Keliu - What do you massage during these 15 minutes? Just neck, or face&neck?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:42 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Keliu - What do you massage during these 15 minutes? Just neck, or face&neck?

Face and neck.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Keliu! Very Happy
cmayes71
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the vaculifter or other cupping system with a sunless tanner on? It seems like it may take the color off. I just ordered the small face and small body from Nanci. I have heard so many good things about them I decided to try them myself. I also purchased some tamanu and argan oil from GOW.

I have a vacation coming up mid October and I will be using a sunless tanner.

Thanks,

Cindy
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
That's a great question. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Want your thoughts on this -

I called a company - Equipro - who makes a device like the one mentioned and they said I shouldn't use it unless I was a professional aesthitician - that I could cause more harm than good.

Linda
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:08 am      Reply with quote
The metal "pull" at my Vaculifter Face bulb is completely loose now, is that ok or would I assume it's faulty? It still maintains suction but it makes it a bit trickier to use.

I use the Face one every day, just about, I love using it!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
cupping is the traditonal chinese technique that helps with circulation, acunpuncture will do the same trick.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
cmayes71 wrote:
Has anyone used the vaculifter or other cupping system with a sunless tanner on? It seems like it may take the color off. Cindy

I apply a sunless tanner to my chest and also use the Vaculifter on that area - have not experienced any real problems with the tan coming off - however, I am using the Dove moisturising tanner that builds up slowly. HTH.
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
For sale: Vaculift Body Small 3cm

I am in the UK and ordered a vaculift Body Small off the German ebay site...as it turned out I received two of them (I don't speak or read German)!

Thought I would see if anyone here on the EDS forum was interested. If so, please pm me and we can go from there. I can send photos if you provide me with an email address.

$30 USD ($24 for vaculift + $6 for postage).
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
A quick update - this has been purchased, thanks!
cmayes71
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to see if everyone is still liking the vaculifters. Are you seeing results from them? I have the small face and small body. I have not been able to use them much but after the first time I noticed my legs looked much smoother. I have had varicose veins treated with laser ablation in the past. Also sclerotherapy for spider veins. It did not make my veins worse. If anything it made them better. I also had no bruising. However, I found it difficult to maintain suction which was frustrating. I'll have to get the hang of it.

Cindy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Just thought I'd share an update regarding my dreaded broken caps + the Vaculifter, in case anybody has the same situation.

I loved the lovely, healthy invigorated feeling my skin had after using the V, but lo + behold, I always wound up with broken caps all over my cheeks and chin..And I'm talkin' lots of big, bright, obvious veins, not a little thread here and there.. Shock

Lukily for me, fairly aggressive LED treatments eventually got rid of them each time... This went on 3 or 4 times, until I finally gave up with using the V on my face.

I was having a chat about all this, with a good buddy here at EDS whom I adore and respect very much.. She also uses the V, loves it, and didn't have an increase in her broken cap situation. Since we had/have many things in common we finally got down to the common denominator, that could have been the culprit in my situation...

Shame on you ...SMOKING... Shame on you Idea Idea Idea So that makes sense, because we know that smoking constricts blood vessels, and takes up lots of room with nastsy stuff, which in turn cuts down on the O2 and on and on and so on.. In short it was just one more reason to quit, and finally *pack* in the cigs after 43 years of puffing..

So what's the moral of this long winded story you ask.. Question Okay, here it is; I quit smoking just about 2 months ago, and couldn't wait to try the Vaculifter on my face again.. And damn it all to hell, the dreaded caps are back worse than ever... Sad Confused Embarassed Brick wall

I tried several times, and very gently at that, so I guess I just have to resign myself to the fact, that this little goody is just not for me... Sad

Thanks for listening, and I hope it's useful to someone.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:01 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
The metal "pull" at my Vaculifter Face bulb is completely loose now, is that ok or would I assume it's faulty? It still maintains suction but it makes it a bit trickier to use.

I use the Face one every day, just about, I love using it!

I have the same problem. I am still using it about 3 times per week, but I am going to buy a new one. I love it but I don't think that the quality of the product is very good. However, I would still use it even if I have to go through two or three in one year.

Does anyone else is having a problem with it?

Thanks.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I can still use my Small Face Vaculifter, even though the "pull" is loose, it just loses suction more often than it did when new. I can't really justify buying another; I thought they were supposed to last a bit longer than a few months Confused An electric version with constant suction would probably be better.

I really do enjoy using it and think it's a great gadget. The Body one gives a great massage but it's more of a hassle stripping and putting oil everywhere, sometimes I don't have the time for it.

doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:53 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
I can still use my Small Face Vaculifter, even though the "pull" is loose, it just loses suction more often than it did when new. I can't really justify buying another; I thought they were supposed to last a bit longer than a few months Confused An electric version with constant suction would probably be better.

I really do enjoy using it and think it's a great gadget. The Body one gives a great massage but it's more of a hassle stripping and putting oil everywhere, sometimes I don't have the time for it.

I also can use it, however I decided to buy another one just in case. I have a lot of gadgets but this is by far my favorite. I have a small face and a small body. I hardly use the small body (however I really should) but I use the small face all the time. Now I will also buy a large face.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hey folks,

I discovered this thread last summer and decided to pass because I was having regular rosacea flare-ups at the time, and because I was hoping manual massage would do the same thing.

More and more though, I think this might really be a nice addition to my skin care arsenal.

So... is anyone still using their vaculifters? Any updates? I'm thinking about getting a small face VL to start with, and maybe a small body later on (though, part of me is still holding out hope for interchangeable cups).

I'd love to hear from anyone who's willing to share Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm still sucking away! I use it every second morning, along with OCM. You will notice some increase in redness because the device is obviously bringing the blood to the surface of the skin - so if you suffer from broken caps, these will be highlighted. The Vaculifter people say though that, with continued use, broken caps will improve. I have definitely found this to be the case - so don't worry about any redness.

I have both the small and large face - I think the large face is a more useful tool. The small face is good for above the upper lip and nose although the large face will do the upper lip once you've got your technique happening. I'm convinced all this massage is helping with upper lip wrinkles. In addition, I suck my lips into the device and leave for a few seconds - it helps to plump them up a bit! HTH

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |