Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I'm still sucking away! I use it every second morning, along with OCM. You will notice some increase in redness because the device is obviously bringing the blood to the surface of the skin - so if you suffer from broken caps, these will be highlighted. The Vaculifter people say though that, with continued use, broken caps will improve. I have definitely found this to be the case - so don't worry about any redness.

I have both the small and large face - I think the large face is a more useful tool. The small face is good for above the upper lip and nose although the large face will do the upper lip once you've got your technique happening. I'm convinced all this massage is helping with upper lip wrinkles. In addition, I suck my lips into the device and leave for a few seconds - it helps to plump them up a bit! HTH

Thanks Keliu, this is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for Very Happy

Do vaculift your neck at all? For some reason I have a harder time massaging my neck and under my chin than I do the rest of my face.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Do vaculift your neck at all? For some reason I have a harder time massaging my neck and under my chin than I do the rest of my face.

I Vaculift my neck like a fiend! That's another good reason to buy the large face - much better for massaging the neck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I'm still sucking away! I use it every second morning, along with OCM. You will notice some increase in redness because the device is obviously bringing the blood to the surface of the skin - so if you suffer from broken caps, these will be highlighted. The Vaculifter people say though that, with continued use, broken caps will improve. I have definitely found this to be the case - so don't worry about any redness.

I have both the small and large face - I think the large face is a more useful tool. The small face is good for above the upper lip and nose although the large face will do the upper lip once you've got your technique happening. I'm convinced all this massage is helping with upper lip wrinkles. In addition, I suck my lips into the device and leave for a few seconds - it helps to plump them up a bit! HTH

Wow, this sounds great keliu. How long has it taken for the broken caps to improve, and how long did it take for you to see improvement in upper lip wrinkles? These are 2 of my biggest problems!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Wow, this sounds great keliu. How long has it taken for the broken caps to improve, and how long did it take for you to see improvement in upper lip wrinkles? These are 2 of my biggest problems!

Rileygirl, as the proud new owner of a vaculifter, I hope to eventually be able to tell you how quickly it will help upper lip wrinkles Very Happy I just have the beginnings of them, but darn it, they're premature and I'm not even a smoker Confused

Keliu, I finally watched the video on Nancy's site (the video wouldn't load for me earlier) and boy, do I wish I could have gotten both face sizes, but I opted for the small because my main concerns are increasing circulation around the eyes, lips, etc... those smaller areas that would be tougher with the large. Hopefully I'll be able to get a reasonable treatment on the rest of my face too, even though it will take longer. Unless I absolutely hate it and decide it's not for me at all, I'll definitely be springing for the large face at some point soon, because I really want to use it on my neck.

Right now I'm just dying for this thing to arrive Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I've been using the Vaculifter for about 12 months now. But want to say that I wouldn't recommend it as an absolute cure for broken caps (IMO only IPL works for that) but I do think that all the massage helps. I wanted to raise this issue because some people claimed that their caps were looking worse after using the Vaculifter. But according to the Vaculifter lady, the massage really helps strengthen the capillary walls. My broken caps are still there - but they're not as prominent as they were so I don't stress about them anymore because they're easily covered with a little tinted moisturiser.

All the massage definitely helps with the upper lip lines too - and the lips themselves. There's no instant fix, but over time they will improve.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Rileygirl, as the proud new owner of a vaculifter, I hope to eventually be able to tell you how quickly it will help upper lip wrinkles Very Happy I just have the beginnings of them, but darn it, they're premature and I'm not even a smoker Confused

How exciting. I will definitely be watching you on this thread. You are lucky to have just the beginning of them, and hopefully you are catching them in time with the vaculifter!
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
aargh, I've been reading this whole thread *pfhew* and decided to buy the vaculift from ebay. Rolling Eyes
I already clicked that button (70 euros for the 4 sizes) but then got this message from ebay stating that they can't give access to the product because in France there is a law now against the selling of original perfume and cosmetic products on ebay, but ebay says they are fighting against this case and in the meanwhile they have to abide by the law.
Brick wall
I send the vendor an email, so maybe he can sell it to me anyway-hopefully.

It's the cheapest price I have seen for it, so I would like to try it out Cool
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I've been using the Vaculifter for about 12 months now. But want to say that I wouldn't recommend it as an absolute cure for broken caps (IMO only IPL works for that) but I do think that all the massage helps. I wanted to raise this issue because some people claimed that their caps were looking worse after using the Vaculifter. But according to the Vaculifter lady, the massage really helps strengthen the capillary walls. My broken caps are still there - but they're not as prominent as they were so I don't stress about them anymore because they're easily covered with a little tinted moisturiser.

All the massage definitely helps with the upper lip lines too - and the lips themselves. There's no instant fix, but over time they will improve.

Thanks for the info, Keliu. I did see several stating their broken caps got worse from this. I guess this is like everything else, what works for 1 won't work for another!

I am interested in the effects on the ULL's, though!
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone else still using..and getting results with the vaculifter?

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
OK. I took my daughter's 'Barbie' vacuum and vacuumed the upper inside part of my thighs. I had some ripples that evened out. I'm going to do some more.

The vacuum was a little $20 barbie pink vacuum I got from WalMart for my teenager to clean her room. It doesn't have great power, but it is good enough for the inside of my thighs!

(I am waiting for a true cupping set for my neck and face, but I'm going barbie on my thighs.)

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
havana8

Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:28 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
OK. I took my daughter's 'Barbie' vacuum and vacuumed the upper inside part of my thighs. I had some ripples that evened out. I'm going to do some more.

The vacuum was a little $20 barbie pink vacuum I got from WalMart for my teenager to clean her room. It doesn't have great power, but it is good enough for the inside of my thighs!

(I am waiting for a true cupping set for my neck and face, but I'm going barbie on my thighs.)

Inky, VERY creative! But I probably would NOT mention this bonus feature to your daughter...she might use it as an excuse to NOT clean her room!

Kandy wrote:
this vacuum therapy beauty machine looks interesting too:

http://www.beautymachine.net/product_info.php?cPath=100_24&products_id=59

fat_swan wrote:
OMG I'm such an idiot Mad

After reading most of this thread I decided to try a bit of light cupping myself since I have a whole set of those things with a manual pump. So there I was in the bathroom all lubed up, and I couldn't get enough suction with the tiniest cup (about 1.5 cm diamater)! And then I had the BRILLIANT idea to place the cup on my forehead to vacuum the air out first and then slide it over to my eyelids.... Rolling Eyes

The result, you ask? I now have a perfectly round bruise right smack in the middle of my forehead, too big for me to even pretend to be Indian and it's not even close to Halloween!!! Oh what have I done????? If this doesn't go away by tomorrow, I'm gonna have to call in a sick day! This is just so embarrassing Embarassed

And by the way, the suction was lost way before the cup made it anywhere near my eyes. Guess I'm gonna have to dish out the cash for a Vaculifter Sad

ATester wrote:
Hi everybody,
Well, well... I'm afraid that discovering this post and all it's amazing threads is going to make me bankrupt!!! Rolling Eyes
I've just ordered a vaculift through ebay to a german seller, it will probably take about ten days to arrive.
I would like to know what OCM stands for? Sorry, as it may be a very obvious question/answer for you all, but as a newbie I've come across the "OCM" quite often and I'm stumped as I haven't a clue of what it is!!! Embarassed TIA!

nadjazz wrote:
ATester wrote:
Hi everybody,
Well, well... I'm afraid that discovering this post and all it's amazing threads is going to make me bankrupt!!! Rolling Eyes
I've just ordered a vaculift through ebay to a german seller, it will probably take about ten days to arrive.
I would like to know what OCM stands for? Sorry, as it may be a very obvious question/answer for you all, but as a newbie I've come across the "OCM" quite often and I'm stumped as I haven't a clue of what it is!!! Embarassed TIA!

Hi, Atester!
Congratulations on your vaculifter purchase! It's on my wish list, but I'm addressing some other more pressing issues in the meantime. OCM stands for oil cleansing method. Here's a thread that references other threads/websites. That should give you everything you wanted to know about OCM, and more!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32872

bethany wrote:
fat_swan wrote:
OMG I'm such an idiot Mad

After reading most of this thread I decided to try a bit of light cupping myself since I have a whole set of those things with a manual pump. So there I was in the bathroom all lubed up, and I couldn't get enough suction with the tiniest cup (about 1.5 cm diamater)! And then I had the BRILLIANT idea to place the cup on my forehead to vacuum the air out first and then slide it over to my eyelids.... Rolling Eyes

The result, you ask? I now have a perfectly round bruise right smack in the middle of my forehead, too big for me to even pretend to be Indian and it's not even close to Halloween!!! Oh what have I done????? If this doesn't go away by tomorrow, I'm gonna have to call in a sick day! This is just so embarrassing Embarassed

And by the way, the suction was lost way before the cup made it anywhere near my eyes. Guess I'm gonna have to dish out the cash for a Vaculifter Sad

Swan, you can draw some MORE rings around the outside of the bruise, and pretend you are a bullseye target! Very Happy

I'm so sorry to hear about the malfunction, but I did get a good chuckle out of your story!

fat_swan wrote:
bethany wrote:
Swan, you can draw some MORE rings around the outside of the bruise, and pretend you are a bullseye target! Very Happy

I'm so sorry to hear about the malfunction, but I did get a good chuckle out of your story!

(grumbling..) Glad I could provide you with some entertainment! Speak to the hand

It actually worked out OK today since the weather's overcast and rainy, so I called in sick and slept in. Laughing I've been massaging my bullseye with a warm compress, hoping the toxins (as the Chinese call it) will fade away. So now it's no longer a perfect circle but more like a cresent moon from far away. Though I'm not so sure you can call that an improvement!! Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the tip on light tapping that you PM'd me! Guess I'll try that for the rest of the day while I watch TV haha Laughing I called my derm and he's prescribing me some "bruise cream" so I'm gonna try tapping that in as well!

Actually I wouldn't mind taking another sick day tomorrow. It's not bad at all! Cool
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

is anyone still using their vaculifters? Any updates? I'm thinking about getting a small face VL to start with, and maybe a small body later on (though, part of me is still holding out hope for interchangeable cups).

I'd love to hear from anyone who's willing to share Smile

Hi,
I was using it about 3 times per week (small face), but it doesn't work anymore, so I just placed an order with Nancy for a new "small face" and I also decided to get a "large face". I love it but I don't think that the quality of the product is very good. However, I would still use it even if I have to go through two or three in one year. This is my favorite gadget and I have a few of them such as SP Quasar and others. It is very easy to use and it doesn't take a lot of time. I always look so much better after I use it!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:24 am      Reply with quote
This Vacuum Therapy beauty machine looks very interesting!

Has anyone bought anything fromwww.beautymachine.net ?
kj68
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
What guide word are you using to look up
the vaculift on ebay?

I've been searching forever....to no avail!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:08 am      Reply with quote
kj68 wrote:
the vaculift on ebay?

It should be Vaculifter. But I would buy one from Nanci at ncnproskincare.com

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/home-therapy/the-vaculifter.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:13 am      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
Hi,I was using it about 3 times per week (small face), but it doesn't work anymore, so I just placed an order with Nancy for a new "small face" and I also decided to get a "large face". I love it but I don't think that the quality of the product is very good. However, I would still use it even if I have to go through two or three in one year. This is my favorite gadget and I have a few of them such as SP Quasar and others. It is very easy to use and it doesn't take a lot of time. I always look so much better after I use it!

So, other than the vaculifter making you look better after you use it, has it done anything else. I don't know if you have wrinkles, but if so has it helped with those?
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
doba wrote:
Hi,I was using it about 3 times per week (small face), but it doesn't work anymore, so I just placed an order with Nancy for a new "small face" and I also decided to get a "large face". I love it but I don't think that the quality of the product is very good. However, I would still use it even if I have to go through two or three in one year. This is my favorite gadget and I have a few of them such as SP Quasar and others. It is very easy to use and it doesn't take a lot of time. I always look so much better after I use it!

So, other than the vaculifter making you look better after you use it, has it done anything else. I don't know if you have wrinkles, but if so has it helped with those?

Hi,
I am 50. It gives my face skin a nice glow and my face looks fresh and radiant. I am not sure if it helps with wrinkles but I can say that my face does look more firm and my undereye area looks better. I didn't use it for about six weeks since it is broken down and I didn't order a new one right away (was very busy and depressed with family health problems). It maybe due to stress but I can clearly see the difference in the way I look. I can hardly wait to resume my vaculifter treatments again, which should be this weekend.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
kj68 wrote:
the vaculift on ebay?

It should be Vaculifter. But I would buy one from Nanci at ncnproskincare.com

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/home-therapy/the-vaculifter.html

Definitely order it from Nancy. She is the best. She will ship it the same day and it only takes 2-3 days to receive it.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I wonder, is the small body size too big for use on the face? I'm browsing the NCN website.. I CAN'T possibly buy 3 sizes in one go!! Definitely getting the small face. Can't decide between lg face or sm body. Help, please? TIA!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, doba. That is great to hear about the firmness and radiant skin! Too many of these devices to know which to try next!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
I wonder, is the small body size too big for use on the face? I'm browsing the NCN website.. I CAN'T possibly buy 3 sizes in one go!! Definitely getting the small face. Can't decide between lg face or sm body. Help, please? TIA!

I just recieved my small face VL today, and boy, is it ever tiny.. it seems even smaller than on the video, for some reason. Having said that, I still plan to treat my entire face with it; it just won't be as convenient. And, as Keliu mentioned, it's perfect for around the lips and I can see that it will be fantastic for focusing on those "parentheses" around my mouth. But a large face unit is definitely in my future (just when I thought I was done with gadgets, too Rolling Eyes Laughing ).

Swan, if your heart is set on the small face, then personally, I'd go with the small body as your second one. That way you can get to the smaller areas that the large can't reach, but you can still do the larger areas too.

Bear in mind that I haven't actually used any of the units yet and have only seen one of them, so my advice on the matter can be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism Smile
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:

Hi,
I have a small body and I am not able to use it for my face, it is too big. I also tried to use it on my neck but I also find it too big for the neck, and too much suction. However, I can use it on my chest but I think that it is too strong for it as well. This is the reason that I now also ordered a large face in addition to the small face.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks, doba. That is great to hear about the firmness and radiant skin! Too many of these devices to know which to try next!

You are welcome.

Just keep in mind that it is only my experience. I hope that you will like it as much as I do.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

is anyone still using their vaculifters? Any updates? I'm thinking about getting a small face VL to start with, and maybe a small body later on (though, part of me is still holding out hope for interchangeable cups).

Hi,
I was using it about 3 times per week (small face), but it doesn't work anymore, so I just placed an order with Nancy for a new "small face" and I also decided to get a "large face". I love it but I don't think that the quality of the product is very good. However, I would still use it even if I have to go through two or three in one year. This is my favorite gadget and I have a few of them such as SP Quasar and others. It is very easy to use and it doesn't take a lot of time. I always look so much better after I use it!

I was afraid of that ... I will probably be in the same position, liking it so much that I'll be shelling out the cash for new ones all the time... I am REALLY hoping the price of these goes down at some point, or that the quality improves Neutral

(I'm really excited about what it might do for my skin, though! Smile )
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
doba wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Hi,

I was afraid of that ... I will probably be in the same position, liking it so much that I'll be shelling out the cash for new ones all the time... I am REALLY hoping the price of these goes down at some point, or that the quality improves Neutral

(I'm really excited about what it might do for my skin, though! Smile )

It is possible that I didn't take good care of it.

I would like to know if anyone else had to replace the unit. If anyone has any tips how to prolong its life, please share.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |