Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
I would like to know if anyone else had to replace the unit. If anyone has any tips how to prolong its life, please share.

I use mine nearly every day and they're holding up just fine. IMO the quality of them is just fine - no need for concern, but, of course, s**t happens!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
doba wrote:
I would like to know if anyone else had to replace the unit. If anyone has any tips how to prolong its life, please share.

I use mine nearly every day and they're holding up just fine. IMO the quality of them is just fine - no need for concern, but, of course, s**t happens!

Thank you!
It is good to know. Can you please tell me how do you clean them?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:23 am      Reply with quote
doba wrote:

Can you please tell me how do you clean them?

I used to swish the cup around in hot water, but I've stopped doing that now because water was getting in the rubber bulb. I now just wipe out the bulb with a tissue or cotton bud - you can also use some alcohol on the tissue or cotton bud/pad.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:24 am      Reply with quote
I got my manual cupping set and I love it!!! My neck looks 300% better! I had lost some weight and it all showed on my neck. I was too harsh on my face- it's still swollen 2 days later. My legs did better with the Barbie vacuum-- I'll be sticking with it.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
doba wrote:

Can you please tell me how do you clean them?

I used to swish the cup around in hot water, but I've stopped doing that now because water was getting in the rubber bulb. I now just wipe out the bulb with a tissue or cotton bud - you can also use some alcohol on the tissue or cotton bud/pad.

Thank you. I also just wiped out the bulb.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
I got my manual cupping set and I love it!!! My neck looks 300% better! I had lost some weight and it all showed on my neck. I was too harsh on my face- it's still swollen 2 days later. My legs did better with the Barbie vacuum-- I'll be sticking with it.

This is great! I also use it on my neck but I don't think that the improvement is very noticeable. For how many minutes are you cupping your neck?

Thanks.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:45 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:

Gosh InkyProse, that's really good news about your neck!! Very Happy I'm just still taking it in, if I've understood properly you have noticed a great improvement after only one time using the cupping on your neck??
When on earth will mine arrive?! Arghh!! I'm dying to try them!! Mad
Hugs.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
InkyProse wrote:

This is great! I also use it on my neck but I don't think that the improvement is very noticeable. For how many minutes are you cupping your neck?

Thanks.

Oh man, I went nuts on it. I had a lot of loose skin and I don't think the lymph was draining properly. I must have spent 20 mins. on it or so. I actually have some small red bruises around the line of my neck, but at least it is a line now and not a gully! The bruises will heal. (I had to wear a turtleneck today). I am sooooo happy about it. My neck was really giving my age away big time. This is the only thing I have tried that has worked!

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
InkyProse wrote:

Gosh InkyProse, that's really good news about your neck!! Very Happy I'm just still taking it in, if I've understood properly you have noticed a great improvement after only one time using the cupping on your neck??
When on earth will mine arrive?! Arghh!! I'm dying to try them!! Mad
Hugs.

Yup, just the first time! Don't be too rough on your face when it comes.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse
Are you using the vaculifter or another kind of manual cupping system?
Your neck results are very exciting.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
InkyProse
Are you using the vaculifter or another kind of manual cupping system?
Your neck results are very exciting.

I'm using the first set on this page:

http://www.cupping.ca/main.sc;jsessionid=13D5F846619778FB8407BAB64AE90C0A.qscstrfrnt01

The smallest cup is about 7/8 of an inch and the largest is about 2.5 inches.

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Inky Prose,
How did you decide on this particular system.
Did you find it easy to work?
Does the pump allow you to apply whatever pressure you desire..and do you do so 'trial by error'..or are there instructions with this system?

I've been planning on purchasing a cupping system for a while...but need to plan carefully financially as to how much I spend...as I have committed to donate to charities/causes as much as I spend on 'unnecessary to life' purchases...so I'm spending double on all my beauty purchases..and the prices of these cups are so much more affordable than the vaculifters.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:17 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Inky Prose,
Does the pump allow you to apply whatever pressure you desire..and do you do so 'trial by error'..or are there instructions with this system?

I've been planning on purchasing a cupping system for a while...but need to plan carefully financially as to how much I spend...as I have committed to donate to charities/causes as much as I spend on 'unnecessary to life' purchases...so I'm spending double on all my beauty purchases..and the prices of these cups are so much more affordable than the vaculifters.

Hi Jasmine,

I'm glad to hear about your donations! What a wonderful thing.

This pump allows you to vary the pressure you apply. I don't know what the advantage to the vaculifter would be except, perhaps, greater pressure? I don't think you would want great pressure on your face and neck anyway-- you might get the opposite result of what you want??
I doubt you want to rid your face and neck of cellulite, and I think that that is what the higher pressure vacuums are for. I use my 'Barbie' vacuum on my thighs (read the last few pages in this thread) as that was more efficient than the manual pump. I would not use such a strong vacuum on my face and neck, but that is my preference.

Also, there weren't any instructions included, but it wasn't hard to figure out.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
This pump allows you to vary the pressure you apply. I don't know what the advantage to the vaculifter would be except, perhaps, greater pressure?

The advantage for me is being able to move it around on the skin. I doubt there's much difference at all regarding pressure, since both of them are adjustable to whatever pressure you want.

I seriously thought about getting one of those cupping sets, but I knew I'd end up buying a vaculifter anyway, so I just went with that. I'm not sure why, but I just fell in love with the idea of moving it around on my face... maybe because it seems more like traditional massage that way? But that's just a personal preference. If you don't care about the mobility, then the sets are probably a much better value. They definitely have an advantage with the varying cup sizes.

By the way, I just did my first VL treatment last night (I got it a few days ago but I've been ridiculously busy lately Neutral ) and I absolutely love it! No bruising or problems, either - I wasn't sure what to expect with that. I didn't use a terribly strong suction, though.

If I end up being one of the unlucky souls whose VL's wear out in a couple months, I might opt for one of the sets and see if it's a good substitute. (And for the price, I'm very tempted to try that Barbie vacuum, too! Laughing )
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
This pump allows you to vary the pressure you apply. I don't know what the advantage to the vaculifter would be except, perhaps, greater pressure?

The advantage for me is being able to move it around on the skin. I doubt there's much difference at all regarding pressure, since both of them are adjustable to whatever pressure you want.

I seriously thought about getting one of those cupping sets, but I knew I'd end up buying a vaculifter anyway, so I just went with that. I'm not sure why, but I just fell in love with the idea of moving it around on my face... maybe because it seems more like traditional massage that way? But that's just a personal preference. If you don't care about the mobility, then the sets are probably a much better value. They definitely have an advantage with the varying cup sizes.

By the way, I just did my first VL treatment last night (I got it a few days ago but I've been ridiculously busy lately Neutral ) and I absolutely love it! No bruising or problems, either - I wasn't sure what to expect with that. I didn't use a terribly strong suction, though.

If I end up being one of the unlucky souls whose VL's wear out in a couple months, I might opt for one of the sets and see if it's a good substitute. (And for the price, I'm very tempted to try that Barbie vacuum, too! Laughing )

You can move the manual one around on your skin.

InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:02 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Inky Prose,

Jasmine,

When you are cupping your neck, make sure you start below your chin and move the cup downward toward your chest. There was a protocol posted at the beginning of this thread which tells you how to help drain/move your lymph. Apparently some of my neck issues were because of improper drainage (and secondarily, weight loss).

Inky

fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:52 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:

Hi, I just want to add that the VL might be easier to move around the face since the surface (of the face) is bony and curved so the cup loses suction very easily. Since the VL has the pump attached, it's less of a hassle than using the manual ones. Also, it's harder to control the pump of the manual ones (because they're so much more powerful), so it's very easy to bruise your face (you can read all about my very embarrassing experiment 1 or 2 pages back Rolling Eyes )

However, for those of you that have a lot of muscle pains and soreness, I highly recommend getting a set for body massage. I'm telling you, it is PURE bliss!! Since the pressure can be adjusted, you can have someone up just run the cup up and down your back or shoulders to "release stagnant toxins". To be honest, the massage itself may not be so relaxing, but I think the force of the suction is similar to a deep tissue massage, so it it can really work out the kinks and knots in your muscles Wink .
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
InkyProse wrote:

Hi, I just want to add that the VL might be easier to move around the face since the surface (of the face) is bony and curved so the cup loses suction very easily. Since the VL has the pump attached, it's less of a hassle than using the manual ones. Also, it's harder to control the pump of the manual ones (because they're so much more powerful), so it's very easy to bruise your face (you can read all about my very embarrassing experiment 1 or 2 pages back Rolling Eyes )

However, for those of you that have a lot of muscle pains and soreness, I highly recommend getting a set for body massage. I'm telling you, it is PURE bliss!! Since the pressure can be adjusted, you can have someone up just run the cup up and down your back or shoulders to "release stagnant toxins". To be honest, the massage itself may not be so relaxing, but I think the force of the suction is similar to a deep tissue massage, so it it can really work out the kinks and knots in your muscles Wink .

Thanks for the suggestion Swan, I was considering that myself since the cupping sets are priced so low and they have the variable sizes. But, I can't imagine trying to move those cups around on my face. I'm still getting used to my Vaculifter and in certain areas it tends to lose suction if I don't move it just right, but I remember thinking how miserable it would be to have to re-attach the pump and reposition it each time... it would be next to impossible Neutral

I'll probably pick up one of the sets next week, though Smile
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
I'll probably pick up one of the sets next week, though Smile

Oh and I should warn you that for particularly sore muscles, be prepared for some bruising where the "knots" are Very Happy
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I got my vaculifters today-all 4 of them- and tried them out. I have some red bruises under my eyes Shock but I think it'll heal quickly Laughing

Does anybody have a video or some sort to know how to massage for lymph drainage?

I also would like to know how long it took for others to see reduction in cellulite?

On some parts on my legs it really hurts, but I'm guessing this will improve the more massages I will do, it's probably due to bad blood circulation and cellulite it hurts now..
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy, how long did you use the vaculifters to get redness under your eyes? Maybe you can use it a bit less time.
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Bira, I just went back and forth for a while under the eye area. Not that long, but since the skin is so delicate, the suction might have been a little too hard there. Anyway, it's not *that* bad, but now I know for next time to be extra careful there Wink
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:

Does anybody have a video or some sort to know how to massage for lymph drainage?..

I love this one, and the principals can be used with your cupping devices.. She concentrates on the lymph channels.

Lots more video's available here as well;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwM5v8PPjt0

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
ok thanks Kassy, I'm going to check it out!
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi, just wondering, which size is better for lymphatic draining on the neck? Large Face, or Small Body? TIA!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |