Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:03 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Hi, just wondering, which size is better for lymphatic draining on the neck? Large Face, or Small Body? TIA!

Large face. Small body is too big for the neck.
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:52 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
You can move the manual one around on your skin.

Hi, I just want to add that the VL might be easier to move around the face since the surface (of the face) is bony and curved so the cup loses suction very easily. Since the VL has the pump attached, it's less of a hassle than using the manual ones. Also, it's harder to control the pump of the manual ones (because they're so much more powerful), so it's very easy to bruise your face (you can read all about my very embarrassing experiment 1 or 2 pages back Rolling Eyes ).

Swan,

Is there a face setting for he automatic one? I was definitely too harsh on my face with the manual cup.

Thanks,

Inky

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
fat_swan wrote:
Hi, just wondering, which size is better for lymphatic draining on the neck? Large Face, or Small Body? TIA

Thanks Doba!

InkyProse wrote:
Is there a face setting for he automatic one? I was definitely too harsh on my face with the manual cup.

Inky, what automatic one are you referring to? I only own the manual cups, and yes it was FAR too much for my face (you can read all about my disaster 1 page back Laughing ). I plan to buy the Vaculifter to try on my face and neck, as nobody here has reported any bruising from it so far... Please PM me if I didn't answer your question Smile
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
doba wrote:
fat_swan wrote:
Hi, just wondering, which size is better for lymphatic draining on the neck? Large Face, or Small Body? TIA

Thanks Doba!

InkyProse wrote:

Inky, what automatic one are you referring to? I only own the manual cups, and yes it was FAR too much for my face (you can read all about my disaster 1 page back Laughing ). I plan to buy the Vaculifter to try on my face and neck, as nobody here has reported any bruising from it so far... Please PM me if I didn't answer your question Smile

I'm sorry Swan. I got confused. Shock Perhaps someone else will read this and be able to answer the question. Confused

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:

Swan,

Thanks,

Inky

Hey Inky,

If you're referring to the Vaculifter, there aren't specific settings. But, you can control how much suction you get by how lightly or forcefully you squeeze the pump. It's very easy to get the hang of, and I'm REALLY clumsy - if I can do it, anyone can Smile

And, once you start moving it around, if you do find that it's too much you can just press a button on the top of the handle and release some of the pressure.

I've only had mine for about a week now, so I can't say whether it's making any difference for good or ill but I love the way my face looks after using it, and the treatment itself feels wonderful. And, your mileage may vary, of course, but for people who are getting bruises, my guess is that they're overdoing it a bit. I bruise fairly easily and I haven't had any problems at all. That may just be a personal preference, though.

hth!
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
InkyProse wrote:

Swan,

Thanks,

Inky

Hey Inky,

If you're referring to the Vaculifter, there aren't specific settings. But, you can control how much suction you get by how lightly or forcefully you squeeze the pump. It's very easy to get the hang of, and I'm REALLY clumsy - if I can do it, anyone can Smile

And, once you start moving it around, if you do find that it's too much you can just press a button on the top of the handle and release some of the pressure.

I've only had mine for about a week now, so I can't say whether it's making any difference for good or ill but I love the way my face looks after using it, and the treatment itself feels wonderful. And, your mileage may vary, of course, but for people who are getting bruises, my guess is that they're overdoing it a bit. I bruise fairly easily and I haven't had any problems at all. That may just be a personal preference, though.

hth!

\
Thanks LBS. Yours sounds similar to mine. I just have to quit being so vigourous on my face. Shock

Binh Tran

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, I'm very new here....I've never thought about cupping. This is interesting...I will research more before trying on my own face. Thanks for info.
Tonitiger

Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Wow...I have never even heard of this treatment! Are there any places you can recommend in Tampa, Florida for a cupping procedure?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:51 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
Thanks LBS. Yours sounds similar to mine. I just have to quit being so vigourous on my face. Shock

Yeah, I must be going at it pretty gently, although I don't *feel* like I'm being particularly careful with it, know what i mean? But, I do try to make sure the suction's not too strong before I start sliding it around. The other day, I was distracted by something and I let the cup sit for a second before moving it (on my neck), and wouldn't you know it, there was a red mark there at that spot for a few hours... I was pretty embarrassed about it because it looked like a hickey! Laughing ...Thank goodness it went away quickly!
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
Yup, just the first time! Don't be too rough on your face when it comes.

Got them! Thanks for the advice... paid no attention Embarassed I got too carried away on my under eye area when trying them out!!!
Got all four sizes of the vaculift, though I now actually find very interesting other cupping gagdets that are more economical and seem to do the same job!!
Tried out the "big face" size, having to repump ever so often as it lost suction... got the knack,... reached below my eye and it held well there,... so surprised that I pumped again and just stared into the mirror for a sec. seeing that that size of cup worked that area perfectly well, nearly sucked my lower eyelashes in...!! then went on all around the under and side area of my eyes... but that sec. I stopped and pumped, left me a nice tiny red spotted area under my right eye!!
Luckily it was only there till the next day!!
Four days of cupping my face so far, nice to do, benefit for the moment being is that from day three my eye bags seem to have lessened 50%!!
As for using the cupping on cellulite I'm still trying to get the knack of it, I keep loosing the suction as soon as I start to move it, so I'm constantly pumping to get the suction back... Rolling Eyes ... Sounds a bit obscene!! Laughing
Anybody who has been using the cupping massage for cellulite can tell how it has worked for them?
Thanks a lot for all the marvellous input in this forum!!!
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to chime in to say that I've been doing a VL massage pretty much every morning for at least two to three months (due to the raves here!), and never feel effectively de-puffed if I miss it. I was very concerned about the seemingly outrageous expense for such a simple device, and worried about whether it would continue to be a beauty staple or a whim purchace, however have found it to be beautifully made, and incredibly easy to use/clean. Despite my greasy hands when using it, the rubber bulb makes it easy to grip and move about, and I adore the way it feels. Aside from the skin/muscle toning effect and blood circulation encouragement (which can't be anything but be good!), the most wonderful thing for me is the incredible lymph drainage. I used to be an aesthetician, and used the patter machine in the salon (very similar concept), however find this simple device even more enjoyable and effective. It's a wonderful complement to Ageless routine and is very nice to do after exercises, but I just can't start my day without it now. I've been prone to puffy face and eye-bags since my early twenties (probably before but didn't care so much!), and this is *by far* the most effective things I've ever tried - and I've tried a lot - for reducing the puff and waking up my face.

My routine is this, wake up and while still in bed grab the VL large face model, slather a fine layer or emu on, and possibly a little spray of an EO mix I keep handy, and occasionally put underneath a home made Sea Kelp Bioferment + additives, and massage away. I do 15 mins on face and a little on the neck (this area is much harder for me to keep a suction for some reason).
The result for me, aside from feeling absolutely wonderful, waking up my face and giving me a healthy glow, is dramatic drainage of nightly accumulated fluids. My eye-bags are so much better now, my former face is incomparable to post VL face. Aside from stimulating the lymph and assisting drainage, it seems to have thickened and toned the skin under my eyes and greatly aided in pulling the stretched skin back into position. I didn't even hope that such a thing was even possible. I was thinking that at the very worst, it might just feel like a nice massage, which it does!

The only thing I'm considering now, is if I want to buy the smaller face model so that I can also do above eyes and lip, which are the only two areas I can't do with the large face. If it weren't for the expense and for other things I'm always wanting to buy, I'd have done so already.

Hope this helps someone on the fence to make a decision about this great device. I'll be using it for life, hope it lasts that long! It's addictive! Just make sure you have time in your life for an extra 10-15 mins or so, as I believe you need this much time to really get the best toning effects from it.

I know this is getting long, but another thing the VL has done for me is help me get over my life-long dread of oils on my skin. My skin has never broken out like I feared, and seems to have actually improved my blocked pores significantly! It appears that the oil and massage actually helps 'melt' any blackheads better than anything I've ever used...

I'll stop here!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:
however have found it to be beautifully made, and incredibly easy to use/clean.

Trigger, thanks for the review! I've been loving mine as well (I have a small face VL), although I only use it 3 to 4 times a week.

My only complaint is that I'm having a devil of a time cleaning mine thoroughly. I don't want to get water in the pump, so I'm leery of rinsing it out under the faucet. And since it's oil anyway, the running water might just push it farther into the cup. What I do instead is to wet a q-tip with alcohol and use that to wipe out the inside, and after repeating this with several q-tips it seems ok. I never feel like it's as clean as it could be, though.

If anyone with a small face VL has suggestions on how to make the cleaning process easier, I'm all ears!

(Otherwise I couldn't be happier with the Vaculifter Very Happy )
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Well, perhaps your more concerned about hygiene issues than me (not that I'm filthy or anything!)
but most mornings I wipe mine out with a tissue after use and manage to get it pretty much squeaky clean except for a couple of hard to reach areas around where the plastic handle connects to the cup which doesn't make contact with the skin during massage. I don't have acne or any infectious conditions, so I find this plenty for daily maintenance. Weekly I wash it under the faucet with johnsons baby wash and give it a good scrub around the areas that aren't so easy to wipe out. I've gotten a tiny drop of water into the tube before, but it hasn't done any damage that I can tell.

The directions I read said you could soak the cup overnight in a glass containing denture cleaning solution, or baby bottle solution. Perhaps this may work better for you because I imagine its not as easy to work your finger/tissue inside the tiny cup as it is on the larger one. And daily cleaning is definitely necessary!! I'm quite shocked everyday when I see the collection of what I assume is dead skin cells and what have you sucked into the bulb. Yuck! Wouldn't want to rub that all back in the next day. That said, I use retin A, and used to have a problem with daily peelies, and my use of the clarisonic and vaculifter have eliminated it entirely. I guess it exfoliates as well!

Re. the small face cup, how do you find it? Can you do over your nose? above eyes? I'm sure above the lip is great, this is one of my main areas of concern. I'm really tossing up if I should go ahead and get it as well, even though I'm getting great mileage out of the large face...
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:
Re. the small face cup, how do you find it? Can you do over your nose? above eyes? I'm sure above the lip is great, this is one of my main areas of concern. I'm really tossing up if I should go ahead and get it as well, even though I'm getting great mileage out of the large face...

It is PERFECT for above the eyes and lips. I totally understand about having other things higher on the wishlist, but if you win the lottery or something ( Very Happy ) and have the cash to spare, the small face VL is definitely worth having. (My own wishlist includes the large face VL)

Also, thanks for the input about cleaning - I wonder if I'm using more oil on my skin than I really need? That may be contributing to the problem. I do think it probably has a lot to do with the suction cup being so small, too.
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
trigger, I bought all 4 of them from a cheap German ebay seller. If you want to buy more, I can give you his emailadress.
But so far, I usually use the big face and small body which seams to do the trick enough. (I'm just lazy to clean all devices for one session of cupping).
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Kandy,
I would really appreciate you posting the emailaddress for the cheap German ebay seller!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Kandy,
I would really appreciate you posting the emailaddress for the cheap German ebay seller!

sure, here it is:
infotopshop24you@yahoo.de

topshop24you is his ID name on ebay.
It's EUR 69,95 for the 4 of them, but you can also buy them seperately. (19,95€ for 1)

On his site, it says he only ships to Europe, but maybe if you ask him, he'll also ship to the USA.

I bought it off ebay, because due to some law in France, we can't buy cosmetic gadgets anymore via ebay. But he is trustworthy as he send me what I had paid him for.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kandy, what an unbelievable price..even in dollars!
I'm going to email him immediately...hope he will ship to USA.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
Yup, just the first time! Don't be too rough on your face when it comes.

Got them! Thanks for the advice... paid no attention Embarassed I got too carried away on my under eye area when trying them out!!!
Got all four sizes of the vaculift, though I now actually find very interesting other cupping gagdets that are more economical and seem to do the same job!!
Tried out the "big face" size, having to repump ever so often as it lost suction... got the knack,... reached below my eye and it held well there,... so surprised that I pumped again and just stared into the mirror for a sec. seeing that that size of cup worked that area perfectly well, nearly sucked my lower eyelashes in...!! then went on all around the under and side area of my eyes... but that sec. I stopped and pumped, left me a nice tiny red spotted area under my right eye!!
Luckily it was only there till the next day!!
Four days of cupping my face so far, nice to do, benefit for the moment being is that from day three my eye bags seem to have lessened 50%!!
As for using the cupping on cellulite I'm still trying to get the knack of it, I keep loosing the suction as soon as I start to move it, so I'm constantly pumping to get the suction back... Rolling Eyes ... Sounds a bit obscene!! Laughing
Anybody who has been using the cupping massage for cellulite can tell how it has worked for them?
Thanks a lot for all the marvellous input in this forum!!!

HI ATester,

I lost track of this thread but found it again. Wow,

you wrote:

"benefit for the moment being is that from day three my eye bags seem to have lessened 50%!!"

That is amazing!

Congrats.

fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
OK I'm def interested! But I have questions for you Veteran Vaculifters:

1) Are the results any better than the massage techniques described in Ageless and FE as far as skin thickening and lymph drainage?

2) What about NCNProSkincare's vaculifters? Are those the ones you are using?

3) Those of you with dilated capillaries - any worsening? improvement?

4) If you could buy only one VL for face and body which size would that be?
TIA!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
OK I'm def interested! But I have questions for you Veteran Vaculifters:

1) Are the results any better than the massage techniques described in Ageless and FE as far as skin thickening and lymph drainage?

2) What about NCNProSkincare's vaculifters? Are those the ones you are using?

3) Those of you with dilated capillaries - any worsening? improvement?

4) If you could buy only one VL for face and body which size would that be?
TIA!

Hey there Fawnie,

Good questions! no capillary problems here, so I can't comment on that. But...

1) I have one of NCN's Vaculifters -- the small face size (very smallest, so I could focus on eye and lip area, but I actually do my whole face with it).

2) I think the facial massage(s) in Ageless and FE are probably just as effective at skin thickening and lymph drainage. (It might depend on how rigorous your massage is, of course.) I *love* the way the VL feels though, and I think it's a nice alternative that quite possibly has its own unique benefits. Totally not necessary, though, in my opinion -- but it may be a way to step up the intensity a bit.

3) If you could only get one? I would suggest a Large Face, because you can still use that on *some* areas of the body (though, not all) and you can pretty much do your whole face with it, too. Now, you can't be *quite* as precise around the mouth and eyes, but IIRC Keliu prefers that size and said that once you get used to it, you can get the mouth/lips just fine, and probably the eyes too, except around the upper eyelid.

Bear in mind that I only have one size, so I'm interested in hearing what others may have to say, too.

hth a little Smile
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered the small size VL from Nanci
- I have an array of manual sized ones from 5cm down to 2cm and have been using them and liking the feel but hard to maintain suction and glide around.
I don't know if there has been any improvement - I don't think so.
I have been trying needling and cupping massage to try to rid my face of these darned deep lines that NOTHING has budged. Not even needling. Made them shallower- but I want them GONE!!!!!
Maybe I am not using them right.
I would like to use the 5cm on my legs and am thinking of using jojoba gel- anyone used that?
I have a different oil - not emu - Can't think of the name of it. Expensive so I don't want to use it on my legs.
I hate having my brains lose things...
sigh.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
LBS - thanks for your answers to my questions.
Oh one more: does the size of the cup have anything to do with the power of the suction/psi?

IMCathy - is it rosehip seed oil or camellia you are thinking of?
TIA

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:02 am      Reply with quote
no- although just as expensive. So using it on my legs is out. I will look at it when my h is awake and post what it is.
grrr.... I am going to order some brain vitamins...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:00 am      Reply with quote
squalane oil.
I guess it is some kind of refined olive oil?

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |