Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sheellah
5% products discount

Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! I thought the olive oil might be too heavy. I really love my Vaculifter and wanted to order more and when I asked Nanci about a coupon code, she was nice enough to give me this one for 10% off. She said it's OK to share it.

It won't let me post the URL, but it's from Nanci at NCNProSkincare. HTH someone Wink.

VLiftEDS

These are expensive so it's nice to be able get them with a bit of a discount!
Merrylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
sheellah wrote:
Thanks! I thought the olive oil might be too heavy. I really love my Vaculifter and wanted to order more and when I asked Nanci about a coupon code, she was nice enough to give me this one for 10% off. She said it's OK to share it.

It won't let me post the URL, but it's from Nanci at NCNProSkincare. HTH someone Wink.

VLiftEDS

These are expensive so it's nice to be able get them with a bit of a discount!

Thank you so much for sharing. I recently ordered my first Vaculifter (large face) but I hope I will love it enough to buy another one (small body). How long is this coupon good for, do you know? Thanks again!
Merrylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:00 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
Merrylass wrote:
InkyProse wrote:
Merrylass wrote:
I have been following this for awhile and I want to thank everyone for sharing your experiences. Based on your successes, I've ordered the large face from Nanci and I hope to be "lifting" next week.

I'm also interested (and terrified) of trying dermarolling and possibly Lightstim -- can these be used with Vaculifter? TIA

Yes, but not all in one day!

LOL -- which ones can be done on the same day? I'm still trying to understand how frequently these can be used. Thank you!

All three are somewhat taxing to your skin and the underlying tissue. I understand that you should do the LED every other day or so, the dermarolling about every 2 weeks at the most, and vaculifting perhaps on your off days from the LED? I wouldn't do too much after dermarolling-- perhaps lay off your skin for at least several days or so as it is pretty extreme. You don't have to do something everyday. In fact, doing too much can counter the effects you are trying to get. Just take your time, read the threads, and figure out what course of action is best for you. Everyone's skin is different. Take it slow and easy and figure out what works best for your skin. At least that is the best advice I can give.

InkyProse, thank you!! I'm still researching these devices and was getting confused on the frequency. I hope to start vaculifting next week when mine arrives and I'm gearing up my nerve to purchase the dermaroller (I still think it looks like a torture device Very Happy ). It will take me a little longer to figure which LED devices would be most appropriate for my skin and my objectives. Thank you again!
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
with the torture device also known as dermaroller, i was told it is a good idea to get some emla cream or lidocaine cream.
I just found all kinds of listings for it on ebay. it numbs the face and neck skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
wow- here are the directions for using the emla cream-

EMLA Cream is a topical anesthetic. In other words, it is a cream that numbs the skin and decreases the sensation of pain. EMLA Cream must be applied two hours before the procedure to the area that the doctor plans to treat. Before applying EMLA Cream, wash the skin in the area that the doctor plans to treat with warm soapy water and a wash cloth. Rub the skin gently for a few minutes with the wash cloth to remove all dirt and oil from the skin. The cream should be applied very thick (about 1\4 inch thick) to the site of the procedure. You also need to apply the cream to the skin 1/2 inch past the area to be treated. Cover the area with saran-wrap being careful not to press on the cream in order for it to remain thick. Secure the edges of saran-wrap with medical tape to avoid leakage

Has anyone used this stuff? this sounds ... extreme....
I have just gone ahead and rolled without pain killer. But maybe because i am not using the pain killer stuff I am ot going deep enough and that is why I am not getting the results others are getting.
hmmmm

5% products discount

Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Do you really want to do this to yourself? On another board someone had posted they had tiny scars all over their face that looked like enlarged pores that was the same pattern as the dermaroller. You also have a chance for infection if you go too deep. It seems that using an agressive scrub cream would also put micro tears into the skin, if that's what you wanted. Derms say though that these micro tears are not a good thing and are damaging to the skin.

I don't know guys. Having to numb your face in order to make wounding it deeper more tolerable, seems a bit extreme to me.
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Shock
scarring?
all over the same pattern as the dermaroller...
oh....
maybe it is a good thing I didn't get the numbing cream.
I don't have any damage from doing it off and and on for a little over a year.
But scarring... what happened to the person?

5% products discount

Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
OK, remembered where I saw the post. It was on the skinbiology board. The title of the post was "Thousands of holes left in face from dermaroller". The board is under the "Chat" link on top of the page. Just put the usual before and afters after skinbiology. The post is in the "Scar Reduction" forum there.

Sorry, but I can't post links yet.
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
thank you. I'll go read.
I can't post links either. I think we have to be here a long time or post a lot to be allowed to post links.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
sheellah wrote:
Do you really want to do this to yourself? On another board someone had posted they had tiny scars all over their face that looked like enlarged pores that was the same pattern as the dermaroller. You also have a chance for infection if you go too deep. It seems that using an agressive scrub cream would also put micro tears into the skin, if that's what you wanted. Derms say though that these micro tears are not a good thing and are damaging to the skin.

I don't know guys. Having to numb your face in order to make wounding it deeper more tolerable, seems a bit extreme to me.

\
I practiced on the inside of my thighs and knees first to see how my skin would react to the dermarolling. That went really well, and so I lightly did a few areas on my face and neck and they have done well also. I only intend to go lightly on my face as that seems sufficient. It would be unwise to start on the face and go crazy right from the start. It seems that not everyone's skin will react the same to dermarolling.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
hey lowbrowscientist,
thanks for the advice on the small face VL, I think I'll go ahead and get it. Thought I'd let you know about a great cleaning technique I've been using lately...

I found an unused 'mascara' brush, that came with a set of make up brushes, and realised it looked just like a miniature bottle cleaner. Since then I've been putting a little soap/cleanser on the brush, and using that to clean the VL. It gets in every nook and cranny, and is perfect! Idea
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Trigger what a great idea! I have one too!

5% products discount

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
For the person who asked about the coupon posted here for 10% off at NCNskincare, I asked for myself and was told it didn't expire anytime soon, so it should be good for a while. The code was:

VLiftEDS

in case someone didn't see my earlier post.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
sheellah wrote:
OK, remembered where I saw the post. It was on the skinbiology board. The title of the post was "Thousands of holes left in face from dermaroller". The board is under the "Chat" link on top of the page. Just put the usual before and afters after skinbiology. The post is in the "Scar Reduction" forum there.

Sorry, but I can't post links yet.

This person was rolling way too often, first of all, and they may have been either inadvertantly dragging the roller, or using a roller with a bent needle.

In any event, the doctors who invented the dermaroller recommend waiting at least 4 weeks in between aggressive rolls. If you read through the Dermaroller thread, you'll see that rolling too frequently almost always produces negative results, particularly if you're rolling with enough intensity to get results.

Sorry, I'd post a link but I'm on my way out the door.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
sheellah wrote:
It seems that using an agressive scrub cream would also put micro tears into the skin, if that's what you wanted.

You definitely do NOT want micro-tears Shock

That's not at all what dermarolling is. I suspect that a lot of the people getting bad results aren't educating themselves enough about what rolling is/does before jumping in headfirst.

Quote:

I know it seems crazy, but it's the same principle as pretty much every other form of skin rejuvenation, like acid peels, the various forms of laser resurfacing, etc. It's actually potentially much safer because when done properly (which DOES take planning and research) it does not damage the epidermis, so there's no barrier disruption or functional damage, the way there is with other methods of collagen induction.

I think Vaculifting is a great complement to rolling, by the way, though as Inky said, you're better off waiting a few days post-roll before resuming with the VL.

(and I'm really really late now.... heading out for real this time! lol )
Merrylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I received my first Vaculifter (large face) and used it for the first time this afternoon and I LOVE it. My skin felt as if I had had a facial. I was careful not to linger over any spot but kept the Vaculifter moving. Alas I ordered my vaculifter before the 10% coupon was posted BUT I will use it for my next Vaculifter (small body). Thank you all for sharing your experiences.
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
take pictures of your skin now for before pictures so you can compare how your skin has responded to this in a couple of months. i took one on my phone - a close up of my forehead and emailed it to myself.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
IMCathy wrote:
take pictures of your skin now for before pictures so you can compare how your skin has responded to this in a couple of months. i took one on my phone - a close up of my forehead and emailed it to myself.

Great idea -- thanks. I'll document my "before" pictures and hopefully my "after" pictures will be everything I could hope for Very Happy
sheellah
5% products discount

Fri May 01, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Using this for the face I'm a bit confused. The lady in the video said to stop when your faced turned red when you first start with this. Then she mentions messaging for 10-15 minutes. Then the woman said she was using it for 5+ years but her face still turned red when she demoed it. If you've used it more than 6 times, is it still OK to use it longer even if your face turns red from it?

I also want to buy one of the body ones. Is there a difference in suction between the small and large body ones? Anything that would make the larger one better for cellulite than the smaller body one other than more area covered?

Do you find the larger body one loses suction more than the smaller one? Trying to decide which is best. I've been using the #1 for the upper arms, but may get the smaller body too.

Would love to hear from gals who have several of these. Thanks Wink.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Has anybody had any luck with the dreaded flabby upper arms? (All of a sudden I'm seeing a weird fatty like pouch on my inner elbow, and some looseness around my armpit area.. Argh!!!

I'd hate to spend any more time holed up in the bathroom, unless it will really make a diff.. Rolling Eyes

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:
hey lowbrowscientist,
thanks for the advice on the small face VL, I think I'll go ahead and get it. Thought I'd let you know about a great cleaning technique I've been using lately...

I found an unused 'mascara' brush, that came with a set of make up brushes, and realised it looked just like a miniature bottle cleaner. Since then I've been putting a little soap/cleanser on the brush, and using that to clean the VL. It gets in every nook and cranny, and is perfect! Idea

What a great idea, trigger! I have something that should work perfectly... now I can stop obsessing about getting it clean enough Laughing
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
sheellah wrote:
Using this for the face I'm a bit confused. The lady in the video said to stop when your faced turned red when you first start with this. Then she mentions messaging for 10-15 minutes. Then the woman said she was using it for 5+ years but her face still turned red when she demoed it. If you've used it more than 6 times, is it still OK to use it longer even if your face turns red from it?

Your face will be getting red regardless of how long you use it (in terms of months/years of regular use). But when you're a brand new VL user, you should stop when you see your skin getting red. After a few uses, once your skin becomes acclimated to being vacuumed Wink you can keep going a bit longer even after your skin turns pink, until you're up to a full length treatment.

I honestly can't even remember what she recommends as far as how long each treatment should be; I just use it for a minute or two on each area, until I feel like I've done enough, and then move on. My skin gets red each time but it quickly goes back to normal, and I've never had any bruising, broken caps or other problems. I think the initial instruction to "stop when the skin gets red" is so brand new users can see how their skin reacts and avoid doing more than your skin can handle in the beginning.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Girls, do you wash the oil off or leave it on a skin?

I wash it off but then it's too much of washing - one before and one after Confused
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Girls, do you wash the oil off or leave it on a skin?

I wash it off but then it's too much of washing - one before and one after Confused

I wash the oil off afterwards, but I don't wash my face beforehand. I haven't had any problems doing it this way.

Washing twice is too much for me, too.
kj68
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Hey Ladies,

I have been following this thread since I joined last year. I don't know why I drug my feet to jump on this one because I've done many of the things recommended by this forum and loved them all. I have the AALS (Love it ), derma rolling (the pain--I don't like so much, but I know that is what has diminished stretch marks, sagging, cellulite), Clarisonic (another love ), and numerous other wonderful skincare advice.

Well!!! I received my cupping set yesterday and made it through the cupping session from face to ankles. Laughing I got the cheaper pump set with the trigger handle...12 different sizes, because I was reading the small upsets with the vacculifter and took the cheaper route.

First session I think went great. BUT....I now have new stretch marks around my belly button. I think I'm going to cry. After 2- 8 1/2 pound boys (and I'm a petite 5'2") I may have had 3 stretch marks which are under the bikini line and almost nill after 14 years.

Has anyone else had this happen? I was searching back through to see if this had occured. I didn't see any other comments on this. What did I do? I can't see any other mishaps on my body...actually cellulite looks less prominent this morning.

I need some wisdom from all the pros.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |