Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I'm going to start up again and go in the direction of the hand movements in the Tanaka Massage.

What a cool idea!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
To those of you who have the small and large body Vaculifters - which one fits over the lips the best? I intend to start sucking up my lips and want one that fits over them snugly - the large face is too small. TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone here still using the small Vaculifter for the whole face? Also there was some concern that these things could break down the fibers of the skin and eventually cause looseness. You regulars have had more than enough time to test this out. Do you think there is reason to be concerned? I stopped using them because I was worried and would give it time to hear other's feedback, but my instincts said it was probably fine. I was also worried that the small might suck up too small of an area and even if I moved it around it might pull too tightly.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I think Kassy uses the small face. I have both the large and small face and prefer the large because I feel the suction is more intense, but others might disagree.

I honestly think it has helped allot with my broken caps and I never gave a thought to the fibres of the skin breaking down. I thought it was supposed to help with skin tightening. Anyway, I love mine and use it everyday.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I have both the large and small face and prefer the large because I feel the suction is more intense, but others might disagree.

Interesting. I only have the Small Face and I'm sure I read it had stronger suction. Might be wrong though! Confused

I've started using mine again after a 2 month break post-facial procedures (not really sagging, more genetically jowly cheeks from puberty, browlift and lower bleph) so can't comment on how effective suction massage is for firming. It definitely thickens skin (as I do peels/Retin-A regularly it's a good thing) and gives the pores a wonderful clean with OCM.

I've persevered with my Vaculift even though it's over a year old and I have to fight to maintain suction, it slackened off after a month or so use..wetting the bulb beforehand seems to help. For what it is, it's not cheap. Wondering whether there's a reasonably-priced electric suction cupping device worth going for? (Remember someone mentioned one a while back, can't find the thread..wonder how they're getting on with that!).

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I think in the blurb it says that the Small Face is more intense, but I find the Large Face doesn't lose suction all the time and gives a much better massage.

Is the electric device you're thinking of the Wellbox - I think they're quite expensive.

http://shop.wellbox.com/wellbox_europe/content/view/full/208

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Keliu. No it wasn't the Wellbox, it was a device from ebay, Chinese made, I think. The Wellbox costs a bomb!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
Is anyone here still using the small Vaculifter for the whole face? Also there was some concern that these things could break down the fibers of the skin and eventually cause looseness. You regulars have had more than enough time to test this out. Do you think there is reason to be concerned? I stopped using them because I was worried and would give it time to hear other's feedback, but my instincts said it was probably fine. I was also worried that the small might suck up too small of an area and even if I moved it around it might pull too tightly.

Well I actually have both sizes for the face, and I only use the small one for the face nowadays. I started using both, the large one for cheeks, neck, etc, and the small one for around the eyes... ended up only using the small one for everything on the face! I've not experienced any looseness at all, in any case, the opposite!
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
mommydearest wrote:

Well I actually have both sizes for the face, and I only use the small one for the face nowadays. I started using both, the large one for cheeks, neck, etc, and the small one for around the eyes... ended up only using the small one for everything on the face! I've not experienced any looseness at all, in any case, the opposite!

Can you tell me again how long you have been doing this? I like how the small one gets right in there around all the curves. I love the feeling and I spend more time on each area than I am probably supposed to but I never see bruises. As long as there is not risk of looseness if you overdue it. I think I might end up going over some areas for a minute or two. (not the eyes)I also have to keep constantly squishing to re-suction. Do you have to do that or are you able to keep it going for a long time? I just started up again and I do see firmness and thickness right away I have to say.
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:23 am      Reply with quote
When I first join the forum, somewhere, I came across a post about these gadgets by Lady Elegance, I forget where, but I decided to check them out since they are very inexpensive-they come as a set and are sold on EBay and other places. The one with the round part offers pretty good suction and almost mimics one of the functions of Wellbox. They are battery operated. One takes AA and the other AAA
With shipping and handling, the cost me less than $20.

[img]Image

Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Angelfire, for this info. Very interesting. I have been using the small size Vaculifter twice every week for six months and so far, so good. No looseness.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Interesting...thanks, Angelfire. I'd be curious to know how it compares to things like the Vacu-lifter and Celluless (http://www.amazon.com/CELLULESS-CEL081107-Celluless-Portatil-Therapy/dp/B001DYRTH4/ref=pd_sim_dbs_bt_4). I would love to hear after a while if you really like it or not Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:06 am      Reply with quote
That Celluless gizmo is useless IMO. My DH did a story on its uselessness on my blog and it was picked up by the national paper under their "My last useless purchase" column. The thing is dangerous. I forgot to use the oil (my fault, of course) but has some cream on my skin. The cup sucked itself full of my upper arm skin and tissue and hung there while the sucked-up flesh turned bright red. Shock I turned it off, of course, but the skin had covered the lip and so I couldn't get it off. It was very painful as I have skinny arms. I tried to get it off with a knife blade. DH eventually succeeded with the blunt endge of a knife. No fun. Always use with oil as the instructions state. Aside from this little adventure, I didn't see any improvement of cellulite on my thighs either. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Antonia,

Wow, that does not sound pretty. Good to know that the Celluless is not a good device. Thanks! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
hi all
well just thought I'd post that i've now received my small face vaculifter now and so far so good. Smile

I am enjoying using it and quite surprised after reading some people's issues with it and finding it difficult to use and hard to clean.. I find it quite simple to get the suction going. Of course here and there is drops off but overall not a problem for me. Cleaning is np either..
I must add that it works perfectly too with my NUDE Cleansing Oil as my oil base. I just smooth it on my skin as usual then use the vaculifter and then when done rinse it which automatically makes it lather and wash my face. That is how the oil works so it's ideal in that I don't need to apply an oil and then a cleanser and it saves time!
FYI: It's made with soybean oil, Squalene, vegetable oil and Vit E if anyone is curious.

SO I've no idea how long it will take to see the results of the vaculifter especially when I am doing other things but my focus is my neck so fingers crossed I see some improvements! I've done it twice now Smile

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
ATester wrote:
mommydearest wrote:

Can you tell me again how long you have been doing this? I like how the small one gets right in there around all the curves. I love the feeling and I spend more time on each area than I am probably supposed to but I never see bruises. As long as there is not risk of looseness if you overdue it. I think I might end up going over some areas for a minute or two. (not the eyes)I also have to keep constantly squishing to re-suction. Do you have to do that or are you able to keep it going for a long time? I just started up again and I do see firmness and thickness right away I have to say.

Oops! So sorry, I never got back to this post till today! I've been using the small face vaculifter for a good few months now, it actually probably appears in this thread when I started but I don't remember myself! It is the only one I use for the face, left the large face size aside. Very pleased with it, no problems, still working fine, but in fact, I do have something against the vaculift in the sense that I decided to try out the body sizes, small (for arms) and large (for thighs)... I had bought them awhile back (the whole four sizes for face and body) and found that the small body worked beautifully for about four days and then it just didn't suction a thing! It went "off" and there is no way I can get it to suction. Probably factory default, and that the large body doesn't seem to adapt to any of my buttock issues, it just seems too big. So, so far I'm glad at least that I do like the small face size for all my face.
About the Celluless, I agree it is useless, yes, I ended up buying it about two months ago, tried it out - WITH OIL- and even then I was really disappointed. Maybe I haven't used it enough, only tried it out three times, but found it somehow a hassle, (battery operated, sucks up flesh without oneself being the one to judge how much, etc) The vaculift -if my small body one would work! I think would be easier to use.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I still use my large vaculifter for the face and I love it! Once I got past the initial few first uses, I got the hang of it pretty quick.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have reviewed several of the posts regarding cupping. I decided to purchase a set from cuppingtherapy org

I got the Belletazze kit for facial cupping and the Earthspa kit for body cupping. I'll keep everyone posted on how well these work. I almost sprang for the vaculifter but decided against it due to it's price and the possibility of the products longevity.

If anyone is using the one's I've purchased, please let me know how you like them. With these I like the added material they give with the Belletazze Kit.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Xandria for the info of the products you've purchased, do please tell us how you like them. Always on the look out in case the small face vaculifter gives up as the small body one did!!

And Welcome!! Very Happy
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:40 am      Reply with quote
xandria,

Ooohh, I've eyed both of those products that you just purchased in the past. I'm tempted to get one of those or the vacu-lifter, and I'm torn about which to try first.

I would love to know what you think of them after you try them for a bit Smile

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:26 am      Reply with quote
What is cupping and I have a concern about broken capillaries. I have one small one under my left eye by my cheek. Very small but.. I am using an EVIS LED red light-device -will that help with broken capillaries? Very concerned that a vacuum device for cupping could cause broken caps--at my age 58 will do any anti aging regimen that works-the LED red light seems to work on fine lines. Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:03 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
..found that the small body worked beautifully for about four days and then it just didn't suction a thing! It went "off" and there is no way I can get it to suction. Probably factory default, and that the large body doesn't seem to adapt to any of my buttock issues, it just seems too big. So, so far I'm glad at least that I do like the small face size for all my face.
Not sure if it will help, Atester, but I had the same thing happen with a Face Vaculift where the suction suddenly stopped. It was only a few weeks old. I kept pressing the bulb quickly for a while and miraculously it came back to life. You could try that.

I asked on here a while back but nobody replied, I managed to make it work again on my own.

Snowie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
my parents do this procedure all the time... they say that it relaxes them and helps to alleviate any pain or muscle soreness they have. I've never tried it myself, but my boyfriend tried it for the first time this past weekend b/c he had a sore back... result is that he felt better afterwards, but apparently it usually takes a few days before you actually notice a difference. The one thing I don't like about this procedure is the physical appearance of the areas that were cupped.. it takes days and weeks for the bruise-like lesions to heal.
xandria
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:40 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
xandria,

Ooohh, I've eyed both of those products that you just purchased in the past. I'm tempted to get one of those or the vacu-lifter, and I'm torn about which to try first.

I would love to know what you think of them after you try them for a bit Smile

Hi ATester,

Just wanted to let you know that I received the cupping bells this week. They are great! I would have opted for the vaculifter like most everyone but decided on the glass ones. I had the opportunity to try out the facial cups and they work great. The same for the body cups as well. Now I wish I had a nice case to put these in. I plan to make up a small bottle of massage oil with a few drops of essential oils. Since I knew I would be using essential oils in my carrier oil I knew that the glass bells would be better to use for this purpose. There are essential oils that are good to use for mature skin that would be great to use with this to push them in to the skin with the bells. Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Broken capillaries and the Vaculifter:

There's been much discussion as to whether the Vaculifter will worsen broken caps. According to the lady in the Vaculifter video, the device will improve them - but they may look worse before they get better. This is because all the sucking and massaging brings the blood to the surface of te skin. This has certainly been my experience. I used to have allot of broken caps and have spent a fortune on IPL to get rid of them, so I definitely didn't want to use the Vaculifter and see them all come back. I'm glad to say that this has not happened - in fact, I think the Vaculifter has really improved them.

So, in order to test this theory, I've been working on a patch of broken caps on my chest. I've been massaging them every morning for about a year - plus I also place the cup over the broken caps and suck the skin into it in the manner of traditional cupping. I then leave the Vaculifter there for a few minutes at a time.

I'm pleased to report that this patch of broken caps is much improved. They are barely visible. But note, this has taken many months of treatment - so there has been no quick fix.

However, I hope this will reassure those of you who might be tempted to try the Vaculifter but are worried about the effect on broken caps.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |