Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 31, 2013 2:08 am      Reply with quote
I've started face cupping and I would really appreciate hearing from people who have done this for a long time!

It "feels" like the action of sucking the skin would actually make the skin worse. Looser. Especially under the chin. While I like the concept, I'm concerned that I'm going to be causing damage. I don't want to harm my skin - ? I can't find any before and after photographs on the Internet, that also is concerning.

Has anyone had any negative experiences? If you've had positive ones, can you please explain and also any tips that you might have?

Would greatly appreciate the knowledge and advice! Thank you in advance!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am using both the vaculifter and the glass cups from Russia. I ordered them from http://www.kalinka-store.com/products/67. They are $48 with free shipping.

I prefer the vaculifter. I find it easier to use and I don't have to worry if I dropped it. You have to be very careful when you are using the glass cups in the shower when your hands are slippery.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I would really like to hear what benefits you've gotten. How often do you use them? For how long - years, months?

Do you have any tips?

Thank you!
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Doba,

Do you find the vaculifter slides as well as the glass cups? I am quite familiar with medicinal cupping and want to get a set for home use, medicinal (for the whole family) as well as cosmetic (for me)... the plastic is obviously much safer for the kids... but I'm afraid the plastic ones won't slide as well.

JaeBlue, cupping is a well documented strategy used since ancient times for health and longevity. While facial cupping may be a new technique (like facial accupuncture or facial massage) the general benefits are well documented. Even if you don't use a facial exercise program, Flex Effect has some really interesting information on how stressing the skin can strengthen it. Still, everything is individual. You really have to just take a deeeeep breathe and determine if you really, truly, instinctively feel that your skin can't take this kind of work, or if its just your programming that's scared you into thinking that. Does that make sense?
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I've started to use it on my jaw area and chin. I'm giving it a try. BUT what I find a little worrisome is that no here that has used for a length of time is talking the benefits they've seen and there are no before-and-after photos that I can find anywhere on the internet.

I've dermarolled for a few years and found long forums and photos and a lot of solid info. And it WORKED really well for me. Same with the Baby Quasar.

The Cupping though seems to a great lack of follow-up testimony. So . . . I'm wondering just how good it is.

I have the silicone cups, also a set of plastic that came with a glass cup. I'm currently doing the hopping method rather than the pulling method. I've taken before photos and am going to give it month to see if I see any improvement.

I'm very careful, I did facial exercises years ago and they gave me neck cords. Which have never gone away since. I learned to take it carefully and slowly! Thank you!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
UmEnis wrote:
Doba,

Do you find the vaculifter slides as well as the glass cups? I am quite familiar with medicinal cupping and want to get a set for home use, medicinal (for the whole family) as well as cosmetic (for me)... the plastic is obviously much safer for the kids... but I'm afraid the plastic ones won't slide as

Vaculifter slides as well or better as glass cups. I like it better and for me it is much easier to use.
kmgar

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
seems to me like the cupping lifting action would stretch the skin and cause sag?
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
I'm concentrating my cupping on my jawline, neck and chin area. Took a lot of BEFORE photos. So far, after 1 month, I don't notice anything negative.

I have to say - though still early - my chin area is looking better, plumped up. Jaw is firm. I have slight marionette lines that I've used filler on once, I'm focusing on those. Don't like the thought of using fillers. In photos, there is improvement.

But . . . I want to wait longer to be sure that nothing negative happens. It does feel contrary pulling on the skin!? BUT I'm game to try - carefully!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
kmgar wrote:
seems to me like the cupping lifting action would stretch the skin and cause sag?

if the skin is in good condition, then the response to a stretch should be skin tightening.. " every action has an equal n opposite reaction" Newton's Law
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, but . . .

From wearing heavy earrings, pierced ear lobes sag.

From not wearing bras . . . boobs sag.

Not sure this is fact? Guess I'll soon find out!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Let's not forget - gravity.

I might be talking myself out of trying this. Embarassed
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I try to hold my skin taunt when I suction.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Good idea!

How long have you been doing this? What benefits have you seen?
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't done it with any consistency, so I can't see any effect. When I used to get professional microderms, my esty would tell me the suctioning action "brings the collagen up". I've read it's great for under eye bagginess.
I'm getting back into doing this on regular basis.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have really got to start doing this again. Even once a week would be nice. It really gives my skin a nice healthy glow.

Bringing that oxygen rich blood to the surface, hell, can never go wrong doing that Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Rapunzell
5% products discount

Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've taken very careful before and after photos.

I was just going through them, the difference in one and 1/2 months is pretty astounding.

I'm going to keep this up for 2 months. I will post the unretouched photos then. If this is really what it's doing - wow.

Still skeptical but the proof is in the p . . hotos?!

Email issues, had to change names.
JaeBlue Smile
Lorene

Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using a simple silicone facial size cup for the last 6 months. I have to say that out of all the things I do/have done to my face ( copper peptides...love them), ultrasonic (ok), LED (good), Dermarolling (very effective), cupping has resulted in very toned, firm facial skin. I started using it 2 days/wk then graduated to daily use (5-7 min) when my skin could tolerate it. I just use a creamy cleanser and a little water and have at it. The biggest improvement is probably my eyelids and brow area. I was starting to get that dreaded hood over my lids and now it is firm, tight and smooth. I just do about 20 quick passes over my brow and voila! I was worried about producing more wrinkles but it didn't happen for me. Everyone's skin is different, but its one of the best things I've done.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Lorene wrote:
I've been using a simple silicone facial size cup for the last 6 months. I have to say that out of all the things I do/have done to my face ( copper peptides...love them), ultrasonic (ok), LED (good), Dermarolling (very effective), cupping has resulted in very toned, firm facial skin. I started using it 2 days/wk then graduated to daily use (5-7 min) when my skin could tolerate it. I just use a creamy cleanser and a little water and have at it. The biggest improvement is probably my eyelids and brow area. I was starting to get that dreaded hood over my lids and now it is firm, tight and smooth. I just do about 20 quick passes over my brow and voila! I was worried about producing more wrinkles but it didn't happen for me. Everyone's skin is different, but its one of the best things I've done.

I started cupping then switched over to using an Ultra Sound device and didn't want to combine the two just yet!

Can you please give details on how you are cupping around your eye? What size cup? In another week I want to add this back in to my routine! It was so easy to do. You make me want to start again!
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Let's not forget - gravity.

I might be talking myself out of trying this. Embarassed

gravity is constant, that's why it results in sag ( if at all.. now there is research showing that gravity does more good than bad ( if any.. astronauts come back to earth in a less healthy state overall due t lack of gravity)..

heavy earnings is good example of too much and often force...
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="daler"]
JaeBlue wrote:

I said that a few posts up the page.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="JaeBlue"]
daler wrote:
JaeBlue wrote:

I said that a few posts up the page.

o yes, I was referring to that, heavy earrings pull is a prolonged pull unlike the vaculifter/cups pull which is of shorter duration...
akami
5% products discount

Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I am new to cupping, just starting to learn about it now. Anyone tried cups from cuppingtherapy.org website? They look like the ones someone posted a link to on ebay, the seller is in Ukraine, the poster said they might be better than the vaculifter (sorry, forgot who it was). They are more expensive than the ones from the Ukraine off of ebay but they are made in the US and seem to be of pretty high quality. Looking to buy some cups and I am leaning towards these. Thanks!
akami
5% products discount

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I just read more of this thread and now I feel like I'd rather get the vaculifter. It seems easier to use for beginners, I am afraid I won't be able to use the other cups properly. Where is a good place to buy one as of now?
akami
5% products discount

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I keep posting a few posts in a row, but I keep reading about cupping and I am really excited to try it. I can't wait to buy one so I can get started. I just came across a product called bellabaci, I wondered if anyone heard of them. They are made of medical grade silicone. I can't find a place that sells vaculifter so I am looking into other products.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure whether they have international shipping, but you could try here:

http://www.vaculifter.de/?PHPSESSID=vi25cf2k735i2em38108esao57

When one of my Vaculifters lost its suction, I bought a set of the Ukrainian cups. They were very good quality - but I found it impossible to move them around the face like the Vaculifter. So I would definitely recommend the Vaculifter over the more traditional cupping devices.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |