Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
akami
5% products discount

Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you! I did see that website but it doesn't seem like they ship to the U.S., it only lists a few European countries they ship to. Is it where most people got their vaculifter?

And what do you think about the silicone cups, like the bellabaci? I read that they are easier to slide than the glass ones.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
akami wrote:
Thank you! I did see that website but it doesn't seem like they ship to the U.S., it only lists a few European countries they ship to. Is it where most people got their vaculifter?

And what do you think about the silicone cups, like the bellabaci? I read that they are easier to slide than the glass ones.

This is from the NCN Skincare website - they used to sell them but don't anymore:

Quote:
FYI – We no longer sell the Vaculifters. I have decided to stop offering anything and everything that doesn’t have the NCN brand label on it.

You can still purchase them from other companies. There’s one in the USA and one in Germany.

To purchase the Vaculifter(s) in the USA, you need to call them. The company is called TheraCupping, and the phone number is: 828-232-1622. I’m not affiliated with them, so please call them if you have any questions.
http://ncnskincare.com/blog/2013/05/vaculifters-question-of-the-day

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
My cups look like bellabaci.

I'm just not understanding how to use this around the upper eyelids! I hope someone will explain!
akami
5% products discount

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:01 am      Reply with quote
JaeBlue, where did you get your silicone cups? I see that I can buy a set of 2 silicone cups for $10.95! Bellabaci are $50! They seem so much more expensive and I wonder why, I can find a lot more about them on google, but I can't see what is different about them from just some regular generic silicone ones, like the ones I found on amazon for $10.95. I may just go with the cheap ones and give it a try. The size is 1.5" outer, 0.8" inner diameter. Hope they are good. Of course I am more drawn to the Bellabaci ones, just because I saw some videos they made and read some reviews on them, but I really can't tell what is so special about them (supposedly the maker of them loved cupping but waned to find something that prevented bruising, but not sure what would make them not bruise vs some other silicone cups).
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I got my cups from this site > http://www.ib3health.com/products/SuctionCupping/SuctionCuppingIndex.shtml
Lorene

Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I bought very inexpensive silicone cups online (can't remember where). It came with a cup for the body and one for the face. I lubricate my face with a creamy cleanser and a little water and the cup easily glides over my skin. At first, I only applied light suction which you can adjust by squeezing lightly. As my skin got used to it I applied a little more suction. You just have to experiment squeezing and releasing (ok, I know that sounds slightly nasty!).Once you get the hang of it it's easy. I divide my face into left, right and forehead and now spend about 2 min on each section daily. For my upper lids, I glide the cup over my brow and follow the natural arch. I don't squeeze as tightly here for obvious reasons. Facial cupping has made my skin firmer, and smoother than probably anything I've done.
akami
5% products discount

Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lorene, I just ordered the cheap cups too. Do you think these will work?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CBJAM6K/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are only $10.95 and look just like the Bellabaci ones (which are $50, I have no idea why they'd be so expensive when to me they look like the same thing).
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Lorene!

When you do your face do you go in any one pattern? In circles or in upward strokes? I've tried to glide my cups above my brows but for some reason have a hard time getting the cup to suction on my forehead as there is no lose skin to grab.

Will try again - thanks for sharing!
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I had recently gotten some of the silicone cups to test this concept out and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a nice method of "facial massage". I then got a set of four glass cups:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310377087081?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

and have been using them. I use the largest cup on the main part of my face and it does a great massage. Brings color immediately which leads me to believe it increases blood flow to my face. I haven't been using the cups for very long for at this time I really like cupping massage for the face.

You can control the amount of suction with these cups just fine; I didn't see the need personally to get a vaculifter.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ya'll,

I just got my bellabaci cups in the mail and started using them yesterday.
Wow, do they hurt! Haha, but it seems to hurt less the longer you do it. I really did a lot, probably 30-40 minutes my first time because I'm so excited to get rid of my cellulite.

I saw one good review with a lot of improvement and have read several good reviews on cellulite improvement with various other types of massages; pressure, etc so I'm feeling hopeful. I'm going to do it on my right leg only so I can compare and contrast right thigh to left thigh.
Can anyone else on here comment on how long it took to see improvement in regards to cellulite? Weeks, months?
Thanks!
tomisonbottom
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Lorene wrote:
I bought very inexpensive silicone cups online (can't remember where). It came with a cup for the body and one for the face. I lubricate my face with a creamy cleanser and a little water and the cup easily glides over my skin. At first, I only applied light suction which you can adjust by squeezing lightly. As my skin got used to it I applied a little more suction. You just have to experiment squeezing and releasing (ok, I know that sounds slightly nasty!).Once you get the hang of it it's easy. I divide my face into left, right and forehead and now spend about 2 min on each section daily. For my upper lids, I glide the cup over my brow and follow the natural arch. I don't squeeze as tightly here for obvious reasons. Facial cupping has made my skin firmer, and smoother than probably anything I've done.

Hi Lorene, can you elaborate on how it made your skin "smoother"? Did you have orange peel texture issues on your face? Blackheads? Large pores?
Thanks so much for your post; it's encouraging!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
After trying many different types of facial cupping (including Vaculifter) I found the following the best (I got mine on ebay, not sure who the seller was). It takes a bit to figure out how to use them, but they are excellent (easy to use, wash; do not loose sucking ability after a while, etc.).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-4-VACUUM-CUPS-for-facial-massage-CUPPING-GLASS-Removal-of-wrinkles-/310377087081?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4843ea8069

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
After trying many different types of facial cupping (including Vaculifter) I found the following the best (I got mine on ebay, not sure who the seller was). It takes a bit to figure out how to use them, but they are excellent (easy to use, wash; do not loose sucking ability after a while, etc.).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-4-VACUUM-CUPS-for-facial-massage-CUPPING-GLASS-Removal-of-wrinkles-/310377087081?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4843ea8069

HTH

Thank you Sigma!
What benefits did you see and how long did you use them for?
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:

HTH

Yep. Those are the same ones I got and really like. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Eeek, I just did this for the first time and apparently did it for too long; I have purple like marks on my face......has anyone else had this happen?
I get confused when they say it' not a bruise; it's trapped energy or dirty lymph because is sure looks like a bruise to me!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I have.

I've learned - to be very, very gentle. Very little pressure on the face is best!
tomisonbottom
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
JaeBlue wrote:
Yes, I have.

I've learned - to be very, very gentle. Very little pressure on the face is best!

So you got purple marks? Any real damage or was it ok? How long did it take to go away?
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
No damage - it's like a light bruise. It took a few days.

This was last summer when I was doing it a lot more than I do now.
tomisonbottom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, thanks, yeah, it's the next morning and it already looks better.
Are you doing it less because it wasn't doing much for you? Or because it did and you don't need to do it as much anymore?
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Any updates with cupping and AALS? I have been doing the gua sha scraping with a spoon on my face for 4 weeks now.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |