Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Jan Marini Acne Gel 1
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I recently purchased a zeno device from EDS, and a Jan Marini Acne gel 1 was also included.

Currently I use Jan marini Bioclear cream and transformation cream and love them both. The bioclear has been great in keepin my skin clear and the transformation cream is a great light moisturizer and hopefully will have some anti- aging benefits as well.

I tried the acne gel last night,- it really smells bad! Smells like pot or skunk or something, but not good.
I put it over the bioclear and transformation cream and went to bed.

This morning I woke up and saw that I had about half of the oil on my face as I usually do (my face produces tonnes of oil).

I decided to try the acne gel in the morning over the two creams again and under my makeup.

Well I put it on about 7:30 am, and usually by 8:30 I can feel oil- nothing.
10:30, slight oil, not bad, just blotted with a tissue,
now at 5:30 pm, my skin is still not that oily!

I think it cut down the production by about 60%. I'm still a little oily, but its not that bad!

I can't comment on how this stuff works on clearing pimples, since my face is pretty clear right now, but it definately decreases oil production.

But it really does stink- they need a new fragrance or add one to neutralize this stuff.

I am so impressed by jan Marini products. The only thing I didn't like so far was the bioglycolic cleanser- but I think I will give that a shot again!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi CG

I have JM's acne gel II and it does work in reducing the size of pimples but it does not have a smell that you described. I just had another sniff of it and it just smells of alcohol mixed with fragrance/perfume.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:09 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah,
Mine definaltey has an alcoholy skunky smell, but it disipates quickly once it dries on my skin, hmmmm I may just be too sensitive to the smell. But I can live with it since its doing such a great job of keeping my oil production down.
Do you use it as a spot treamtment or all over, or preventative?

I wonder if this product has too high of an alcohol content.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi CG

At first the smell did seem quite "special" but I guess I'm used to it by now.
I'm only using the gel to spot treat my pimples so I cant really comment on how it reduces the oilies. But as I'm starting on something new for my acne, I've quit using this gel but I still have it here as it really does a great job at reducing the size of the pimples and a bottle will last forever!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've since used this stuff on a couple of pimples that popped up- they disappeared over night pretty much!
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
CG, okay, I think I have read my fill of post, but I had to write one on this products..wow..it sounds like an amazing products. Do you find it is drying to your skin, or does your skin still feel really hydrated??
Caspers Mum

Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
Smells like pot ...

Laughing we're so used to that smell here in "Vansterdam", that we'd probably not notice it. Marc Emery might appreciate this product's odour.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Feliz- I don't find it drying on my skin at all. I am a bit on the oily side though, so it may be drying on drier skin types.
I have been using the bioclear cream first, then the transfromation cream, and then a thin layer of the acne gel on top. My skin stays hydrated mostly because of the transformation cream. So if you do have drier skin, then I would suggest putting a moisturizer on first and then the acne gel on top.

I love this stuff!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
Canadian Girl wrote:
Smells like pot ...

Laughing we're so used to that smell here in "Vansterdam", that we'd probably not notice it. Marc Emery might appreciate this product's odour.

Oh yes I can relate- I live in Surrey- pot central canada!
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
HA!HA!! I live on the edge of Kits, so yes, I know the smell!!!
ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:59 am      Reply with quote
:] *adds product to checkout cart*

I'll need something like that.

Hopefull it'll work for my skin though,
I'm a combo skin type.

Oh yea, how is the Zeno working for ya?
Lol you should checkout (i think it was Carekate's DIY) the DIY Zeno somewhere in the forums Surprised
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
ChelseaaaHi wrote:
:] *adds product to checkout cart*

I'll need something like that.

Hopefull it'll work for my skin though,
I'm a combo skin type.

Oh yea, how is the Zeno working for ya?
Lol you should checkout (i think it was Carekate's DIY) the DIY Zeno somewhere in the forums Surprised

I've moved onto the acne gel II now double the strength of acne gel I, more drying- can be severly drying at times so I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with drier skin.

I'm still using the Zeno, but it is only working on pimples in the very first stages of surfacing. I tried it on my back- bad move, it left a scar where the pimple was- I guess cuz the skin is thinner there. All in all, it is still a good product, if you get really huge pimples once in a while, like I used to!
vassbeaute
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:12 am      Reply with quote
I too have used this gel and it is excellent. it has microscopic sponges which absorb the oil all day thats what makes it so effective. im glad im not the only one who loves it
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |