Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Obagi Skin Care--It works for me!!!!!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Ok,
so someone else may have tried it already but i want to start by saying that i've tried just about anything that is outthere and some products have been good to me but none has given me the results like Obagi.
I'm a skin care addict!! I try everything, I lived in Europe and just returned to the States recently and brought with me so much stuff but i still would order from EDS while overseas because it had everything i wanted for less.
I decided to go to a dermatologist and he recommended obagi and i had ordered some from EDS but i was using it sporadically so i didn't see the benefits. Three weeks ago i decide I was going to give it the full shot...all the way, no matter what..peeling and everything. I have mediterranean skin, olive and i color my hair blonde so i look always tanned anyhow but i also had skin cancer on the face and a little chunk was taken out. I was considering restylene to fill it in. I started using what i had already at hand : the Clear and the Blender. Went to the doctor three weeks ago and got retin-a .1 Rx-the strongest and began to mix it with the blender at night. I then ordered the cleanser, toner, action, eye cream and more clear. I had to order the sunblock health skin some place else because EDS did not carry (pls start carrying it). I cannot believe my skin, even though it's peeling ( applying the Action cream does help) the color now is a glowing pink (unreal because i'm usually yellow and olive) --I use the whole thing on the decollete also and my scar on the face has leveleled that all i need now is concealer--I just can't believe it but it's true. I still peel like crazy, oh i forgot, i got the exoderm forte also, but it's incredible how my skin is changing DAILY Razz .
I use gentle cleanser and toner in the morning--then clear and a second coat afterwords ( i had some dark spots and now they are almost gone), then exoderm forte then sunscreen.
In the evening i use gentle cleanser, toner, clear, and blender with retin-a. Both morning and evening i use the eye cream and when my face is really itching or super dry in spots i put a little bit of Action.
I don't think i am going to change the routine anymore-I found my holy grail!!!!!!!!! I do think i'll still buy masks and packs for weekly treats like Valmont which i like a lot but i just can't change the routine anymore.
These days my skin has such a beautiful glow that i look naturally blonde.
So, i just wanted to share with you all. It does provide discomfort at first and when your face peel it does look bad but eventually it will go away. My peeling has started to subside now. I higly recommend it to anyone. The only other skin care i'm crazy about like this is Valmont. I now use Jane iredale powder and some blush and i feel great and look 10 years younger.
Trish
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Trish
I am very happy for you. To be able to find one's HG and experience a quantum improvement in our face is definitely something that all of us are constantly searching for.

Congrats!
Jenny
Amesevey
5% products discount

Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Congrats also!

However I would want to be careful about going into the sun without sunblock on because rentin-a makes you more susceptible to bad burns. I also think that's the reason why you were peeling so much due to the rentin-a in your skin regiment. Retin-a dries out your skin and is prescribed by doctors to clear up bad acne (just by dabbing a little bit on your pimples). It also is good at getting rid of dark undereye circles. I don't know if it would be a good idea to put it on your entire face...

j.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah for you. Glad to hear obagi worked for you. I have also tried the whole system and it trashed my skin. I basically flushed $300 down the toilet so to speak Crying or Very sad
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there - I have slightly dry skin and am wondering if Obagi would be too drying?
Iris

Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say that I used Obagi for almost a year and my skin was absolutely beautiful. Then I thought that I could go off and use something less expensive for maintenance. My age spots started coming back within a matter of weeks. I tried Radiant for maintenance. Has anyone ever tried that? Also, I wanted to know if anyone else has had a similar experience going off Obagi. I finally went on-line and ordered products today. The prices here are great. I saved about $200.00 on my regiment.

Last question. Where can I get 120% topical vitamin C.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:24 am      Reply with quote
In my last post I said 120% vitamin C. I meant 10% Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Iris,

They sell the vitamin c serums here under Vivier and I believe skin ceuticals also has one. I use the vivier 20% and love it with the Obagi products.

Sherri
Iris

Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much Sherri. I will order some right now Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Obagi really works, if you don't like the discomfort at first couple of weeks, just use Clear#3 at night, you'll see the result after months.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I am over 55 and currently on week 13 of Obagi and it has been very effective on my hyper-pigmented skin.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
I love obagi!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:19 am      Reply with quote
WOW it such a long review. I heard a lot about obagi on this board but it is pricey. It worth to try.
skincarefun
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
if you have been using for a while, i think you need a good Moisturizer.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have always wanted to try obagi but I am afraid I will molt like a snake.I want to get rid of a few dark specks by the end of my eye that looks like "smudged eye shadow". I want to even out my skin tone, is it best to go to a dr. for this?
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:26 am      Reply with quote
yaling111 wrote:
I love obagi!!!

I can attest to the fact: Obagi really works!
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Is Obagi more for acne and skin pigmentation rather than wrinkles and sagginess etc. Im looking for:-

day and night creams to firm and hydrate my skin overall
eye creams (day and/or night to hydrate and tone up to get rid of crepiness and bags underneath eye

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I think it is good for pigmentations and acnes. But not wrinkle. I use it twice a week + valmont + cellcosmet + lamer.
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefun wrote:
I think it is good for pigmentations and acnes. But not wrinkle. I use it twice a week + valmont + cellcosmet + lamer.

I agree that Obagi is best for hyper-pimentation, but my forehead lines and crowsfeet have faded a lot after 17 weeks.
DevineMissEm
5% products discount

Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Hi

I just wanted to add to this thread that i am a week into using the obagi cleanser and toner my skin feels very smooth and soft i am really pleased with this product. I will be purchasing more of this line after christmas. I dont want to start peeling during the holidays. Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
DevineMissEm wrote:
Hi Hi

I just wanted to add to this thread that i am a week into using the obagi cleanser and toner my skin feels very smooth and soft i am really pleased with this product. I will be purchasing more of this line after christmas. I dont want to start peeling during the holidays. Shock

I love the Obagi cleanser and toner too. I just wish they weren't so pricey. I guess it's not bad wnehn you buy them in a kit with the rest of the Obagi line...
elsiej123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
great info! Thanks! I will try some on this order!

Thanks to all!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I will definitely try this ..
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I love Obagi!!!
2 of my friends are using Nuderm now and both have good results!!
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your comments. I am looking to give something new a go and this may be it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |