Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Osea Users ...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Helloooo

I have been reading some threads on Osea products but there aren't many recent posts. Are there still dedicated Osea users out here?

I have been using Decleor and then Yonka, but am finding that I am developing small bumps and occasional break outs still. Also, my skin is that awful mixture of breakout prone, large pores and dehydrated. So I never know if I am "combination", "oily" or "dry" !!

Anyway, I would really appreciate hearing from any Osea users (past and present) as the thread I was reading sounded very promising ....

Thanks in advance !!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am still using my Osea Advanced Protection Cream and am currently on my second jar. I plan on buying it again when i run out as i find it is an absolute staple for me. I know the APC is marketed as geared towards drier skin types but i find it did wonderful things for my combo skin. i actually find it a little mattifying and add a layer of camellia oil and HA on top for more moisture. i don't use it every night but alternate with other moisturizers, just for fun.

I am not a huge fan of the eye cream as i find it not moisturizing enough, i think this was a common feeling amongst the ladies here. it does make a good day eye cream as it doesn't smear eye makeup.

as for the toner (the green liquid in the bottle), i am not a fan. and i also think their cleansers are overpriced but have good ingredients.

i really like my APC and i think Osea is a great natural, active line. i bought one of the trial kits for my best friends recently and hope she enjoys it as well.

since your skin is reactive, i would try the sample size kit first as i remember a few members were allergic to the APC.

HTH, Kris

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Kris. I was wondering what other cleansers you have found have worked for your combo skin? I need to carefully balance a really thorough cleanser and exfoliation without stripping and drying my skin ... do you think the Osea cleansers do that? I have gone back to Dr H Cleansing creme but I find i can't use it for too long ...

THANKS !!!

Maybe all other forum users aren't using Osea anymore ...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you can PM avalange as she uses Osea and has great recs for your skin type. Also, you can PM sormuimui as well, as I know that shes using/have used Osea too.
I personally havent used Osea, was planning to but my skin is just terrible right now so I've cut back on everything.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:55 am      Reply with quote
I have to say I tried Osea - I think the products are love it/hate it. Unfortunately for me... it's the later. The texture is just weird for me and I feel like I have a weird coating of stuff sitting on my face (Advanced Protection Cream). I definitely recommend buying the travel kit first to see if it's for you...
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:58 am      Reply with quote
I have tried their white algae mask, it have no adverse effect... did a bit hydrating but not very sure about the firming effect.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Serendipity wrote:
Thanks so much Kris. I was wondering what other cleansers you have found have worked for your combo skin? I need to carefully balance a really thorough cleanser and exfoliation without stripping and drying my skin ... do you think the Osea cleansers do that? I have gone back to Dr H Cleansing creme but I find i can't use it for too long ...

THANKS !!!

Maybe all other forum users aren't using Osea anymore ...

Hi Serendipity,

I actually use a pearl soap from a home business and just purchased an azulene cleanser from Geografx skin. i have heard good reviews about the cleanser so i will let you know when i get it. i also make my own cleanser with the gentle surfactant--decyl glucoside.

hth kris

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:41 am      Reply with quote
I still use it, my full size Eyes and Lips are lasting me a long time - only half used up for now. I'm young so it's enough moisture for me but doesn't have the firming effect it once did for my puffiness. It's a good eye cream if you have no particular issues and just want preventative measures and hydration, it's very inexpensive, but if you have dark circles or want something anti-aging it's not for you.

I didn't buy the full size APC, it's not moisturizing enough for me plus I don't really find it a necessity.

I still use the Ocean Cleanser and repurchasing on my next purchase, still use the Mudd cleanser (but only during summer mornings as it's too drying in the winter). I don't plan to discontinue use of either of these cleansers as I love how I get mild exfoliation from both without harsh chemicals or scrubbings - helps as I use tazorac in the PM.

I also liked the Red Algae so I'm getting the full size of that on my next purchase as it's a non-drying deep cleansing mask which I need right now as my skin is dry.

The White Algae didn't do much for me, there are a lot of other more effective hydrating masks out there.

I'd like to mention that regardless of my outdated signature below, I no longer of any skin issues that I want to address anymore, yah of course I'd love if my pores were a little smaller, eyes less puffier but at least right now I no longer worry about skincare, a first in a long time. I've also stopped using makeup as well. Very Happy A long way from back when I was very active on EDS. Anyways right now my skin is dehydrated (not super dry), I do blot in the middle of the day but I can't say I'm overly oily, I produce a moderate amount of oil and best of all I'm CLEAR of acne with skin so soft so what I use now is mainly for maintenance.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I still use the OSEA Ocean Cleanser and like it a lot. I think it works on the skin as you wash, and I don't hurry to wash it off too quickly. I also follow the instructions which say to rinse using 5 handfuls of water!!! I do this, as I think perhaps some good actives are left on the face.
I use the OSEA APC cream when I don't have to leave the house, which is quite often for me. I feel like it works on the skin, even though it doesn't feel very moisturizing. The Atmospheric cream was more moisturizing, but I didn't think it contributed anything but moisture. Maybe I'm wrong on this, though?
And I very much like the OSEA eyes and lips, which I only have ever used on eyes, as it leaves the eye area very smooth and ready for concealer, eye shadow, or nothing.
I first got a travel size kit, then ordered these items.leaving out the mineral spray which is nice, but not totally necessary.
Have not tried any of the other things OSEA makes. But will reorder the top 3 for sure.
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies for taking the time to reply Very Happy . I so can't decide what skin care line to try next, and I keep on looking at the Osea products. I will take your advice and try the sample kit first (also gives me an excuse to try other things Shock ).

Any other experiences would be most welcome ...

Thanks again.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi, well I ended up purchasing most of the full size products. The Eyes and Lips i'm still actually undecided about. It seems at first as if it'd give you lots of moisture around your eye area but I didn't find it hydrating enough. To me it feels almost like a protective balm. Though perhaps my feeling about the lack of hydration is due more to the consistancy of the product. I love however using it on my lips and around them.

The Cleansing Mudd I love. Leaves my face feeling really clean and not tight at all. It's great for first thing in the morning to wake up your skin and I experienced the 'tightening of your pores' thing after using it. Although it's only a temporary effect, it's great applying your makeup after you've used it.

Ocean Cleansing Milk, isn't for my skin type. Perhaps may be better for someone with drier skin than I and I didn't find it anything special.
I still love the Ocean Cleanser. It's a good, easy cleanser to use and again. my face is left soft, feeling clean and it's a huge bottle that lasts forever!
I have the Essential Hydrating Oil, though I'm planing on purchasing the Corrective Complex aswell. The oil is geat for applying underneath the APC if you feel as if you need more moisture. I like using it on my neck aswell. I'm not sure if I'd repurchase. I love that it's in a rollerball applicator so it's easy to use and not messy.

Out of the masks I agree with Sormuimui. I really like the Red and Black Algae masks but the White mask I found did nothing.

The APC I like a lot. As you have probably seen in the other reviews you either love it or hate it. It does take a while getting used to, simply because the texture is so different to what you'd expect. I actually copied a few of Avalange's ideas that she posted as to how she uses and applies the cream. I love how it doesn't make my skin look overly greasy

Lastly the Atmosphere Protectve Cream. I waanted to like this but find it leaves my skin too shiny for day use but I know for others they found it matte enough. Anyway I really like this line overall and definitely recommend that you try out the samples!
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Osea products MANY times, all of which I stopped using them. My skin is all over the map so its difficult to find perfect products. Personally I swear by Jurliques fomaing facial cleansers like the balancing one, and theri toners.

Osea works well on normal skin or dry skin or really thick oily skin that gets few blemishes. ALl other skin types I bet have a hard time finding a good balance.
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Feliz. My skin sounds a bit like yours - I'm not super oily, but prone to congestion. Tend to be a bit dehydrated. So I am not sure whether to tick the dry+sensitive box or the normal+combination box - I'm more sensitive+combination with bits of dry and oily ....

I have tried Jurlique before (3 yrs ago now) ... maybe I'll try them again.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sel - how would you describe the texture of the Advanced Protection Cream versus the Atmosphere cream? Could you wear either without makeup?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I crumbled. I ordered and have received -

Osea cleanser
Osea cleansing mudd
Osea Atmosphere Protection Cream
Osea Sea Minerals
Osea White Algae Mask

I have been only been using the products for a first few days and am absolutely DELIGHTED.

The Osea cleanser has a nice fragrance and leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight. I prefer it to Yonka foaming cleanser.

The Osea cleansing mudd is oh so very minty and you have to be careful with your eyes. But I love love love the tingles. Better than Kate Somerville cleansers in my opinion.

The Atmosphere Protection Cream is very nice too. Hardly have to use very much at all and I thin out a bit with the Osea Sea Minerals. Better than the Suki Velvet cream which leaves a glowy type film on top (But I do like the Suki tinted moisturiser, which I also bought ... that's very very nice).

Sea Minerals is nice but at the moment, I think I prefer the Suki toner at night.

I love love love the White Algae mask.

5% products discount

Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for these reviews! I just ran out of my MD Forte III and have been thinking about trying something new for my oily skin. I'm going to give the Osea Cleansing Mudd a try!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
azdesertgal wrote:
Thanks for these reviews! I just ran out of my MD Forte III and have been thinking about trying something new for my oily skin. I'm going to give the Osea Cleansing Mudd a try!

I bought the Osea sample set and think the Osea cleansing mud was a great product. I used it 1 - 2 times a week on my normal/dry skin. Actually I think this product is too strong to be used every day, regardless of skin type. I will buy the full size some time!

I did not care for the Osea toner. It felt too strong and caused some irritation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I also LOVE the Osea Cleansing Mudd....it's a great deep cleanser. Also, how heavy is the Atmosphere Protection Cream? And last, which mask is the best for combination skin? TIA!!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:01 am      Reply with quote
having read this mixed review, I still can't decide my next skin care line!
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I like Osea's cleanser.I have used three of them.The Cleansing Mudd,feels so cool to my skin especially at the summer time.The Ocean Cleanser smells so delightful.The Ocean Milk can clean my face up. Cool
lilyflower
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:27 am      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:
I have to say I tried Osea - I think the products are love it/hate it. Unfortunately for me... it's the later. The texture is just weird for me and I feel like I have a weird coating of stuff sitting on my face (Advanced Protection Cream). I definitely recommend buying the travel kit first to see if it's for you...

thanks for you suggestion,i would like
to try
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
i just got the "dry skin travel kit" (includes ocean cleanser, sea minerals, essential hydrating oil, & atmosphere protection cream) to try some osea products out.

so far: 3 days in and absolutely loving it! Very Happy the cleanser smells positively invigorating. my skin feels tight in a good way: majorly toned. i'm also finding the AtPC to be an excellent base for MMU.

i have to agree that the sea minerals feel "prickly" but it fades quickly & doesn't seem to increase redness at all. i noticed that there's ascorbic acid in there--maybe that's what causes the sting? i have to say the sensation of putting it on feels just like the tingle from a DIY C spritz i made. hrmm... i believe i shall email them to see if they know what the % of vit C is in the mineral mist.
Allison_Wonderland
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I adore Osea! I use the Mudd cleanser weekly as a deep cleansing/mild exfoliating treatment. I'll also use it more often if I'm actively breaking out. I use the Ocean Cleanser daily, I love the completely clean feeling it gives. I've been a fan of the Atmosphere Protection Cream for years. It isn't too heavy and it leaves my skin super soft & not greasy. My mom uses the Advanced Protection Cream and loves it. It felt too heavy for my skin, almost waxy in texture. I use the Eyes & Lips also and it's my favorite eye & lip treatment. The Sea Minerals make my face sting a bit so I don't use them anymore. I've tried the red & white algae masks and I like them both but I can't wait to try the Black algae mask!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Osea has 3 new products according to an email I got. They sound very interesting.

EYE GEL SERUM A unique new firming gel serum tightens and soothes the delicate under-eye area and reduces the appearance of fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles. Antioxidant-rich resveratrol (a powerful red wine extract), along with organic Gigartina sea algae, six marine extracts and chronoline (a mega-peptide) instantly tone and treat the skin.

VITAMIN SEA SERUM This serum puts a new twist on traditional vitamin c serums. Vitamin Sea Serum features not only customary ingredients like vitamins A, C, and E but a super potent anti-aging blend of seven organic seaweed extracts; as well as walnut seed and green tea extracts. The super serum naturally helps to increase sun protection, delivers an instant antioxidant boost and creates the perfect base for your favorite Osea moisturizer.

BRIGHTENING SERUM An exotic cocktail of traditional and innovative ingredients sourced from around the globe. Cumin, Indian gooseberry, Japanese matsutake mushroom, and organic Patagonian seaweed help to diminish hyper-pigmentation, even out skin tones and re-texturizes sun damaged skin.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Just to update this thread, i am still using the osea apc and the eyes and lips. the apc is a staple now for me and i can't imagine not having it. i use it at least 4 times a week. on the days i don't use it, i use perfect complexion's new amazing day and eye cream. initially, i didn't like the eyes and lips, but now i always use it every night.

the apc and eyes and lips aren't actually that expensive. i started a new jar of apc in november 2009 and it is now may 2010 and i still have about a month's worth of product. so i order it less than once a year. it is worth mentioning that i only apply moisturizer once a day, after my shower at night. the eyes and lips i apply twice a day and that lasts me at least 12 months. to make the cream stretch, i usually apply after a shower (when the skin absorbs the most product) and spray my face with rose water to give my skin more slip. thanks again to avalange for bringing osea to my attention. <3

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |