Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Calling women over 45-makeup tips thatmake you look younger?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I had my skin test yesterday for Artefill - so far, so good. I"m scheduled for one month from now Can't wait.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
you are going to love artefill! I had to do it because restylane and other filler did not last long at all, some as little as 1 month, it was a waste of $$$. It is expensive and if you nasal lines are deep you may need 3 or 4 syringes but at least you dont have to keep going back! You are done.I had no bruising either I worked the same day. I had a great plastic surgeon who only charged 995 for the lst syringe and 950 for subsequent syringes.He may want to just do 1 syringe and then have you come back in a couple weeks and put more in...thats what he did for me.
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I had my skin test yesterday for Artefill - so far, so good. I"m scheduled for one month from now Can't wait.

Good for you!!!!
Can't wait to hear how it goes.
You just reminded me that I could really use some botox on my forehead..
Lou
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:51 am      Reply with quote
When I had restalyne in the past it was one syringe so I'm hoping that's all I'll need of the artefill but whatever it takes - I'm in Laughing
I live in a more rural area and most cosmetic procedure prices have been less than what my friends pay in urban areas. The plastic surgeon doing the procedure has been at it for over a year. Thanks to LucyLuc's suggestions I checked this out carefully and I saw two of his staff's Artefill results.

Thanks for the encouraging words.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck Sis!

I'll be looking forward to hearing all about it.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Well girls I thought I would bump this ...after reading some of the "what is your daily skin routine" Post...as I was reading through it I kept wondering what everyone age was ...so I am not asking your age.. Very Happy ...
Just wondering what you over 45 gals skin routine is...

I am still trying to figure mine out..

but so far

a.m.
Cetaphil with Clarisonic brush
Vivier Vit c
Sunscreen

P.m.
Cetaphil with Clarisonic brush

every other night..
Tazorac .05, obaji blender and emu oil
or
mama lotion

Gosh..I need to improve this..YIKES
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
After lots of experiments, lotions, potions and what have you's, Getting back to some basics is what works for me.

A.M

cleanse; alternate between alpha hydrox face wash and Cetaphil
microfiber cloth + my trusty baby brush for exfoliation
Derma Wand (about 3 mornings a week)
Vit C Serum
anti-oxidant eye and face cream
eyelash potion
sunscreen

Early Evening (7 ish)

cleanse
steam (I try for 2 or 3 times a week)
slather on some goop
LightStim (2 or 3 times a week)

Late Evening (11 ish)
cleanse + exfoliate (microfiber + baby brush)
Derma Wand (a couple of times a week)
thoroughly dry my skin
apply Alpha Hydroxy Souffle

Before beddy-bye (about 4 ish)

a few good splashes of cold water
eyelash potion

I also do an aspirin-milk+honey mask once or twice a week.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Kassy - You go to bed at 4ish Shock
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:52 am      Reply with quote
My skin care routine varies: But here is the basic: (or not so basic as the case may be Rolling Eyes )

A.M. Wash with clarisonic (using IFP cleanser because it's what I have but I prefer Diana Yvonne Rose Hip - highly recommend).
let face dry - then put on Jan Marini - booster (6-wk program coming to a close).
Wait about 10 minutes and put on a C serum - either Cellbone C23 or glycolic C. If my face is a little dry (usually not - I am oily) I will put on a little emu oil - nice stuff that was recommended here on EDS. Not dremu but very similar.

Eye cream - use Cellbone collagen eye serum (?), PSF cranberry eye lift gel and follow with whatever eye cream I'm using up at the time. Would like to try Karin Herzog but I'm backlogged right now Laughing

I also after the shower will use Exfol Cream or LacSal (from NCN) on my chest - follow up with C serum and a moisturizer.

Sunscreen - makeup

Sometimes I will use a lactic acid or mandelic acid on my face or NCN Pumpkin Mask - absolute favorite just to get things glowing and gowing.

P.M.
I am now using Karin Herzog professional cleanser. It is marvelous. I would never have thought it okay for oily skin but it IS. It takes very little and your skin feels marvelous.
Follow with The J.M. Booster and then Super CP from Loren Pickart.
After my Booster series is done (very very soon) I will be incorporating the Karin Herzog VK2 - oxygenating series and the Essential Mask. I also bought a CALM from Osmosis as it is supposed to be excellent for firming. I will be using this around my eyes. And experimenting to compare with my beloved PSF cranberry el.
Copper peptide on chest area.

Eye cream at night.

C serum and CP's are my staples. I also have a remergent dna repair that I will fill in with when I finish the Booster. I'm not yet sure how this will happen. I'll try the Karin HErzog products alone for a while to see the results before incorporating C's and CP back in.

I also have a dpl unit which I try to use several times a week and a Nuface - try to use daily - sometimes 2X daily.

Whew - I'm done
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

He he sister sweets...I thought the same thing when I saw it. Very Happy ..shoot..I've already been sleeping for 6 hrs before Kassy gets to bed..

Lou
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Sis, I'm a die hard night owl.. All those years on the night shift were the culprit. Even though I'm retired now, I still can't sleep at night.. Rolling Eyes

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

He he sister sweets...I thought the same thing when I saw it. Very Happy ..shoot..I've already been sleeping for 6 hrs before Kassy gets to bed..

Lou

Don't rub it in Lou!... Laughing

Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Loumomofthree wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Lou

Don't rub it in Lou!... Laughing

Just teasing ya Kassy,
actually I am a little envious of night owls..they seem to get more done..My sister in law and a good friend of mine do their housework at night..no one to bother them!
Someone said I was like a chicken, up and down with the sun. LOL

Chicken Lou
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Left to my own devices I would be a night owl too.... So I get it. Gives Kassy more time to spend on her skin care program. Laughing
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:11 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Left to my own devices I would be a night owl too.... So I get it. Gives Kassy more time to spend on her skin care program. Laughing

Yeah..I would have more time to work on my skin routine..I could sure use it but I think I would eat more..could be scary.. Very Happy .
chicken Lou
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
anyone else willing to share their skin care routine??? Smile
Lou
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:19 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Gives Kassy more time to spend on her skin care program. Laughing

Tis true Sis! I pack DH off to bed, and bring out the arsenal to 'play' with, while I catch up on what you guys are all up to here... Laughing

Now I'm totally lemming FlexEffect, and look forward to hearing all about that from my girl Winnie.. Razz

sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I use mineral powder foundation and powder and loved it
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
My current routine is:

AM
wash w/ microfiber cloth
Cellular Skin Rx C + Firming Serum (wait 15-20 min)
moisturizer w/ SPF 15
tinted SPF 30 (only if plan to be outside a lot)
JI PurePressed Mineral Makeup SPF 15

PM
wash w/ a moisturing face wash & Daily Microfolient
MicroRetin-A (3 times a week; wait 1 hour)
avocado, rosehip, or other oil and 2 drops HA serum
Talika eyelash stuff

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:45 am      Reply with quote
I try to keep it simple, and lip gloss make me look younger
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, I want flexeffect too - and someone to do it for me Laughing
I'll have to be like you and stay up all night! How about a PJ party?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
All of you Mature girls who use a MMU - what are your recommendations? I would like one with an SPF and bismuth-free.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Alima is fantastic...covers all flaws but looks natural.There is a whole thread on it here if u do a search.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Kassy, I'll have to be like you and stay up all night! How about a PJ party?

Sounds good 'sis'....I just signed in and will be reading till the wee small hours... Rolling Eyes

Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
All of you Mature girls who use a MMU - what are your recommendations? I would like one with an SPF and bismuth-free.

I tried numerous MMU brands and finally settle on Jane Iredale's PurePressed MMU. I've been using it for well over a year now and am very happy with it.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |