Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Calling women over 45-makeup tips thatmake you look younger?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Use a good skin line to get rid of that old outter skin so that baby skin is exposed. (I use Obagi and skinceuticals serums). For make-ups I used id bare minerals and like it so far. It goes on very natural on my skin and it is very comfortable. And of course green tea and a good balanced diet is key.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
blesstd - I am 49 - almost 50 and I know what you mean. check out Karin Herzog. Can't believe what it has done for me. I have been revitalized with this line - no kidding.

Sis

sister sweets, I've read quite a lot of the Karin Herzog (and 302( thread with great interest but, as you know, it's long! I'm very intrigued to read that you've had such dramatic results. Would you mind sharing on this thread exactly which products from the KH line you are using in your routine? I'm sorely tempted ...

TIA!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
blesstd - I am 49 - almost 50 and I know what you mean. check out Karin Herzog. Can't believe what it has done for me. I have been revitalized with this line - no kidding.

Sis
sis: I am also interested in the karin Herzog line but I have very dry skin! Can you please share why you choose this line and which products you are using. Also, please tell us your results! Thanks!
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
sorry but I can't get through this whole entire thread. When everyone is talking about cp's I know they are talking about copper peptides but from where?? DPL, I get is from NCN. So much to keep learning at 55. I thought I had it all down. Laughing
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
sorry but I can't get through this whole entire thread. When everyone is talking about cp's I know they are talking about copper peptides but from where?? DPL, I get is from NCN. So much to keep learning at 55. I thought I had it all down. Laughing

Hi, most people are using the skin biology (CP) copper peptides. Which can be purchased from several sources! Skinbiology (most people have complained about their customer service), NCN Proskincare (superb customer service from Nancy) and Diana Yvonne (good customer service).
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I agreed that too much make-up not only make you look older plus it makes other people feel uncomfortable. Summer is so hot that all you need is a little make up with natural lip gloss to give people a fresh new look.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
If you're considering copper peptides, please read up thoroughly on how to use them. Some people get over-enthusiastic, over-apply and get side effects like skin sagging. You have to do your homework with this stuff.
Abby30
5% products discount

Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Mattes over shimmers. Shimmer eyeshadows can make you look older. Light makeup. Matte white eyeshadow in the corners of your eyes also highlights. Light eyeliners and lip gloss. White eyeliner on the inner bottom of the eye make your eyes look brighter!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
yes and alima has the best matte minerals and awesome foundation brush,heard about it here.they will even custom mix for you and the sales people are very helpful.www.alimapure.com sometimes there is an eds discount code too.This mineral foundation does not age you, its way better than bare minerals.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I use a blue base (Colorscience has one) and Adrienne Arpel also, in any shaded area and on the sides of my nose next to my eyes, swept out to the inner undereye and towards the centre of the face. I've seen that area referred to as the "triangle of youth" as it always glows a whitish shade in babies. Also, I use Benefit's Cupid's Bow to make my lips look fuller and more youthful. A sweep of darker powder under the jawbone firms up the jawline.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I use a blue base (Colorscience has one) and Adrienne Arpel also, in any shaded area and on the sides of my nose next to my eyes, swept out to the inner undereye and towards the centre of the face. I've seen that area referred to as the "triangle of youth" as it always glows a whitish shade in babies. Also, I use Benefit's Cupid's Bow to make my lips look fuller and more youthful. A sweep of darker powder under the jawbone firms up the jawline.

Tell us more about the Blue Base... I tried to find the colorescience one and couldn't. Is it actually blue? and a base makeup. (Duh - I might be dense but I'm not finding it anywhere?) Help!
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Well, I am in the Over 40 club, and here is what helps me:

With skincare:

-Sunscreen is most important!

-Wash your makeup off every night. I have read many celebrity models saying this is the most important thing one can do for their skin.

-If you haven't done it yet, using a Vitamin C serum is a must!

With Cosmetics:

-Less is Best!

-Stay away from powder foundation, powder eye shadow, powder anything. It accentuates fine lines and any crepe-ness. Try using light liquid formula, cream eyeshadows and cream blushes. If you are shiny on the face, instead of using a finishing powder, use blotting papers.

-Try to stay away from very defined borders, like on your lips (too dark lip pencil) or drawing on your eyebrows with a pencil (big mistake for a lot of us mature ladies). You don't want to look like a clown. LOL!

-Stay away from the young, trendy, too frosty and too sparkly cosmetics, in moderation is nice, but try to go for a matte look as much as possible.

That's all I can think of now. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I eventually tinted my long lashes (thanks to lash growth conditioners), and do not need even to use mascara anymore!! I use it but even without it my eyes look gorgeous! The only thing I need is transparent lip gloss, and for special occasions a little of light pink blush. It is so great to know that for make up all I need is transparent lip gloss in my purse Laughing

Honestly it is quite amazing how nice lashes can benefit the face! And less is definitely more.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Hello Sister Sweets... The Colorscience base to which I referred back there is actually for the undereye area (I'm sorry if I confused anyone there). It's called Eyes Wide Open I think and EDS sells it. You can use it anywhere though! The blue makeup base by Adrienne Arpel may well be a discontinued item. It was/is called Anchorwoman Blue. We used to wear it on TV as it reflected light off shadowed areas. You'd wear it under your makeup. Now, having said that, Lise Watier has the identical product in her Portfolio concealer colour wheel palette. It's called lilac. I use it in that "triangle of youth" and at the corners of my mouth and also dot it at the outer corners of my eyes for an uplifted look. I hope this helps Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia, could you explain more about this "triangle of youth". I am not sure if I understand exactly where this is or not!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Mpstat,

could you, please, share what you used for your eye lashes?

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
! The blue makeup base by Adrienne Arpel may well be a discontinued item.

OMG! Did this just give me a trip down memory lane..

Adrienne Arpel used to do makeup/skincare at Bloomingdales, and a couple of friends and I went in for a freebie makeup with purchase thing when we were about 17ish....

I can remember sitting in the chair, and her putting this lavender pasty base here and there, and a green one elsewhere...

Long story short is that by the end of it, I didn't know if I was ready for Ringling Brother's Circus, a casket or 42nd Street .. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It was my first introduction to makeup, and remained a turnoff till this day.. It took me days to feel clean again .. (That women just piled all this crap on me, and dragged and yanked on my poor little face...YUCKO!).. Laughing

(Do you guys ever watch her on HSN selling her "Signature Club A" stuff? She's still as heavy handed as she was all those years ago..)

Maybe she has that violet base in the line?

ETA:

http://beauty.hsn.com/signature-club-a_c-bs_a-147_xc.aspx?prev=hp&ocm=sekw

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Mpstat,

could you, please, share what you used for your eye lashes?

TIA

sigma - I have been using Lumigan and and Jan Marini eye lash conditioner (edition prior to Marini Lash). In a month or two I am going either to switch to Lumigan exclusively or to Lumigan+SomeOtherBrand. There is Lash Growth Enhancing Products thread where we discuss different options: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26723&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Kassie...too funny!!!!! Yes, I remember those days. I see her on TV flogging SCA and she looks pretty overdone. They still do the treatments in our local department store. The Anchorwoman Blue was heavily promoted in the studio where I used to broadcast. It was designed for TV lights.

The "triangle of youth" was identified by one of the big makeup names of yesteryear... possibly Way Bandy. It's still applied today. If you look at a baby or young child, you will see that there is an area just under the lower eyelid, towards the nose, that glows a paler shade than the rest of the face. If you were to put your index finger parallel to your nose, with the nail tip just touching the lower lid, and then swept it out into a triangle shape with the wider edge parallel to the nose and furthest from it (i.e. one of the triangle points would be up by the corner of the eye), that's the approx. shape. (Now, I am sure you are MORE confused.) I do this with a pale blue shade with no shine, under my makeup. It really works!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Kassie...too funny!!!!! Yes, I remember those days. I see her on TV flogging SCA and she looks pretty overdone. They still do the treatments in our local department store. The Anchorwoman Blue was heavily promoted in the studio where I used to broadcast. It was designed for TV lights.

The "triangle of youth" was identified by one of the big makeup names of yesteryear... possibly Way Bandy. It's still applied today but I don't think they call it that. (That term has been coined by PSs and the like to describe the inverted triangle shape of the face in youthful people.) If you look at a baby or young child, you will see that there is an area just under the lower eyelid, towards the nose, that glows a paler shade than the rest of the face. If you were to put your index finger parallel to your nose, with the nail tip just touching the lower lid, and then swept it out into a triangle shape with the wider edge parallel to the nose and furthest from it (i.e. one of the triangle points would be up by the corner of the eye), that's the approx. shape. (Now, I am sure you are MORE confused.) I do this with a pale blue shade with no shine, under my makeup. It really works!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Very Happy Kassie...too funny!!!!! Yes, I remember those days. I see her on TV flogging SCA and she looks pretty overdone.

The "triangle of youth" was identified by one of the big makeup names of yesteryear... possibly Way Bandy. If you look at a baby or young child, you will see that there is an area just under the lower eyelid, towards the nose, that glows a paler shade than the rest of the face. If you were to put your index finger parallel to your nose, with the nail tip just touching the lower lid, and then swept it out into a triangle shape with the wider edge parallel to the nose and furthest from it (i.e. one of the triangle points would be up by the corner of the eye), that's the approx. shape. (Now, I am sure you are MORE confused.) I do this with a pale blue shade with no shine, under my makeup. It really works!

Sad Right you are... It's really a sin that I have such a terrible time visualizing without a visual aid...

What I did do though, was have a look at some of my grandkids pictures close up... By golly I think I've got it now ..

On the Lauren Hutton video that comes with her makeup kit, she spends some time talking about that little area at the inside eye corner, and she show's how to put concealer on it.... Of course I tried it out, and didn't see any difference... The kit is still the way it was delivered all those months ago.. I just really don't like makeup, and I've been lucky to not need it so far.. (Don't misunderstand, I look much nicer with it, but I just don't bother unless I'm going somewhere special...Which is never, because I have no life ... Sad Laughing Laughing Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Antonia. I think I might get what you mean. The triangle sort of starts under eye (first point), second point maybe a little above the base of nose (nostril?) and third point is around outer edge of eye. Does that sound right? Or too much of an area?

Kassie - I'm so disappointed in you for not using your Lauren Hutton. Shock
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Kassie - I'm so disappointed in you for not using your Lauren Hutton. Shock

Sis, I am sooo not the typical girlie girl, and never was... I'm the jeans, tee-shirt, scrubbed face, hair in pony tail (or the dreaded butterfly clip.. Embarassed ) kind of girl.. I also hate and despise shopping and talking on the phone.. Laughing

DH has been telling me for decades I am one of a kind, and he loves me just the way I am...(He's such a cutie.. )

One of these days I'll whip out the old LH disc, and post a gussied up glamour girl shot..(Don't hold your breath though .. Laughing )

Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sister S...sorry to be late replying there...that would be too large an area...cut it back by half and you've got it! My DH tells me it's from a book he published over 25 years ago by Charles someone-or-the-other (not Revson). He is reno-ing the living room walls at the moment, trying to think of the author. Bad Grin

ETA: He remembered!!!! It was "Cecil-B" not Charles...he was very famous here for a while and then disappeared off the face of the planet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I take that back. It looks like he has a spa in Burnaby.
I'll have to contact them and see if they have the book and whether it mentions this triangle of youth. It's either him or Way Bandy as those are he only two books I had.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |