Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Calling women over 45-makeup tips thatmake you look younger?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:11 am      Reply with quote
I would like to know what you do to try to make yourself look younger with makeup. I think makeup many times make women look older...especially when they put on heavy eye liner and red lipstick!What do you do? I for one am very careful with foundation because it can make older women look older.I dont put it all over my face just where I need it and just a touch of it.I like alima mineral powder,also philosophy the supernatural,flawless poreless tinted spf gives a light matte look. I dont wear much eye makeup at all,and my lip color is natural with a little gloss.very careful with blush too.Would like to know your tips!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
What a great thread! Here's my 2 cents:
I like to use a little highlighter at the inside and outside corners of my eyes and bring the outside corner up in a little "wing" toward the outer ends of my eyebrows to lift the eyes. Be sure to blendblendblend!
Forget the highlighter on the browbone - too Drag Queen. A light peach or lemon matte shadow works better.
Line the upper lids very close into the lash line, but not the bottom lids. Curl those lashes and use black, not brown, mascara. Brown makes us look tired.
Lose the lipliner!
Lots of sunscreen!
Smile a lot! voila! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I use alima mineral powder sometimes,I like that, I also use philosophy's supernatural poreless,flawless tinted spf.I dont know what it is exactly I just know when you put it on your skin looks matte, younger and you dont look like you have foundation on...its 1 color that works for everyone.You can try it at Nordstroms first,I think Sephora carries it too.I like the fact that it has sunscreen in it already....I am really leery of using foundation because it tends to really age you but this stuff is great!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I use fullnsoft from maybelline because of excellent reviews on MUA.For special occasions I curl my lashes,put a light coat of fullnsoft,then I use Fastlash by tweezerman,then put another light coat of fullnsoft,your lashes will look huge(especially if you use Jan Marini or RL) Its very tricky with the fastlash....you have to have the right technique,I do not apply the wand to the lashes,I tap the wand in my hand and apply the little white hairs with my finger....I had to experiment a few times before I got it right,if you put a little too much fastlash it wont look right,once you master the technique your lashes will look nice and full and long.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets I decided to give JM booster a try because I use a lot of products from the Revive skincareline(very expensive).That line was founded by a plastic surgeon because he noticed that with surgery you could get rid of loose skin but the skin still looked old...he wanted a way to make the skin rejuvenated thus his skin care line was introduced which has IGF,and other growth factors and telemerase which keeps the end of the DNA from fragmenting,hence making and keeping skin looking young. His Peau Magnifique was $1500 and I wanted to try it but it was too expensive and I was surfing the JM website and noticed she was carrying what looked to be the same product for 1/8th of the cost! I have a friend who loved the Peau Magnifique and now she is trying the JM and she will tell me which one is better and how they compare,she is probably the only one to try both so I am excited for a comparison report!Some people are skeptical about the whole telomerase; as to whether it can really do what its supposed to do...I tried it and really liked it so I think its helping,I will keep buying it.
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lucy!

What a great thread! So many noteworthy tips I just filled a whole page of my "beauty notebook" with them! Racking my brains to add things that haven't been mentioned...

Sticking to topic, I think the keys to applying makeup to create a younger look are (as you mentioned) avoiding harsh, aging things like dark lipstick or crease-accentuating foundation and powder, and applying makeup in an "up" direction.

For example, when doing eyebrows and eye shadow, slightly accentuate the outer and upper edges. Blush can be applied in a slight diagonal, to draw the eye upwards. The outer eyelashes can get extra mascara.

As we age, the face tends to head south Crying or Very sad
Anything that draws the eye 'down' will emphasize this. I always wear stud or button earrings--since hitting 40, long earrings make me look like a Bassett Hound. When I take the time to do my hair, I backcomb it out from the sides of my face and hold it up, then hit it with a shot of Nexus Comb-Thru hairspray. If I get it too high and look like an 80s rocker, I just pull it down some.

Those are my best tips, but now I'm on a roll Very Happy
Make sure to thoroughly tweeze under the brow area. I've caught hairs on my eyelids before that were probably higher years ago. Check the goatee area for stray Billygoat hairs, and sneak your husband's nosehair trimmer, too.

If I'm doing my face for photos or a big night out, I'll break out the microdermabrasion machine, and do an old-fashioned eggwhite and alum face mask. Then, I apply a firming serum--DMAE or whatever is on hand, some Dr. Perricone lip plump to my lips and nasolabial grooves, and a little Joey Correct-A-Line to the crepey wrinkled places. If I have time, I'll break out the Dermawand to really sink in the products and get some youthful glow and lip fullness happening.

A foundation primer goes on next, followed by concealer on broken veins, etc., then foundation. Believe it or not, the only one I find makes me look younger is Cover Girl Advanced Radiance Embarassed Embarrasing to admit that my Cle de peau sits unused.

I use a light Mac contour powder under my nose, chin, cheekbones, and bottom lip, then in my eyecrease, aiming for a slanted 'V' that brings my eyes up and outwards. Next is highlighter (my favorite is the lightest shade from an old Prestige quad, 'Soleil' but I'm eager to try the Nars Albatross!) I highlight the outer upper edges of the brow and cheekbones, a thin line halfway down the center of my nose, and just above the top edge of the upper lip.

A little bit of light pink blush (Nars Desire looks dark in the package but goes on much lighter if you use a big brush and a soft hand) on my outer upper cheeks, and in the eyecrease.

I never used much powder because it makes me look older, so to blend everything and set the makeup, I take the big brush and just barely touch it to the Cle de peau powder, then buff gently. The residual blush seems to add a little glow.

For lips, I like Joey Super Duper lip pencil or for evening, Jordana #32 Petal. I color in the whole lip and emphasize the upper bow, because as we age, the top lip gets thinner and further away from the nose. I call this the "Jamie Lee Curtis effect" not to be mean--she's one of my favorite actresses, just to illustrate the inevitable effects of aging on our nose/lip areas! Next is a tiny bit of highlighter above the lip bow and in the center of the bottom lip--a silver or gold gloss will work, I use Cover Girl Wetslicks 445 Bling--and a nonsticky
neutral gloss applied lightly over most of the lip.

I was going to finish with eyes but I have to go let my new employee into the office and give her a key. Will detail eyes later if you all aren't
too bored or overwhelmed Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I eventually tinted my long lashes (thanks to lash growth conditioners), and do not need even to use mascara anymore!! I use it but even without it my eyes look gorgeous! The only thing I need is transparent lip gloss, and for special occasions a little of light pink blush. It is so great to know that for make up all I need is transparent lip gloss in my purse Laughing

Honestly it is quite amazing how nice lashes can benefit the face! And less is definitely more.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Me too!! I live in jeans, T-shirts & yoga pants. Only dress up when I have to and I hate shopping. I do wear make-up lightly when I go out though and I like talking on phone to certain people.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |