Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Calling women over 45-makeup tips thatmake you look younger?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:12 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
...Hey just recieved the JM transformation! Day One here we go!

Did you order JM Transformation Product??? OR JM Age Intervention Regeneration Booster?? Which product did you order? I ordered JM Booster, and still waiting for it, but since we placed orders on the same day, it should arrive shortly..

I have heard so many good things about Clarisonic, and looking forward to using it once it arrives. Can Clarisonic substitute for facial at the salon from cleaning perspective??
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Oop - got the JM regeneration Booster. One day in - I think I'm going to like it. Definitely recommend the clarisonic. I keep mine right in the shower and use it every morning. Very convenient - easy and effective.
I stopped with microdermabrasion and other similar things when I started doing my own lactic acid peels and getting into higher end skin care and honestly I look better now than when I was doing all the salon things. Yes, I think the clarisonic is a fine substitute and in the end less $$.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks sister sweets!!! It is good to know that I do not need salon facials between Clarisonic and other facial products Smile
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
i think you wont be sorry about buying that regeneration booster product,I just love it its my favorite product out of everything I have tried,and I have tried a lot!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Lucy - I respect your posts - I believe when you give a recommendation it is for good reason. How is it you decided to give the JM booster product a try?

mpstat - I will say I would not be adverse to still doing some salon tx but I spend so much now on other stuff Laughing and I've had such good results I'd rather spend on those things that I now find are doing me the most good. That said I'll probably go in for Botox in another month and maybe another fill Sad TX until I can get the Artefill thing nailed down. It's been almost a year and I'm so due! But actually looking better than usual... What I've spent on one time treatments I'm spending more wisely on long-term care.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I am still waiting for JM Booster to arrive. Meanwhile a couple of thoughts:
JM Booster helps to prolong cells life. Which this differentiate the product from others.
Our cells have limited turnover capacity and can be regenerated a limited number of times during a lifespan.

Products that speed up cells turnover
aha/bha/retinols

Pretty much all the products that make skin look younger actually speed up cells turnover. Which in turn speeds up the time when cells turnover limit is reached.... and then what??... turnover is over, skin is aged to the limit??? ...

Does it mean that by using the majority of products (aha/aha, retin a, atc.) that speed up cells turnover ultimately leads to reaching sooner skin aging limit, while making skin look good until the limit is reached???

Products that make cells lifespan longer
JM Boosters, any others??

These products supposedly acts totally different, they prolong cells lifespan, make cells healthier.

Here is a quote from info on JM Booster:
Telomeres extend off the end cap of our DNA and resemble shoe laces. At the end of each telomere is a ribonucleoprotein complex known as telomerase enzyme. Telomeres are often described as "clocks that regulate aging." As we age our telomeres shorten and gradually we begin to see and feel aging changes. Changes in our skin may include loss of elasticity, volume, textural changes, etc. Other issues, such as heredity and lifestyle, may accelerate telomere shortening in some individuals, thus shortening their lifespans. In any case, when telomeres eventually become very short, cell crisis and cell death is triggered, resulting in age-related disease and aging conditions.

Telomerase is believed to be a major force in providing protection and stabilization to the telomere. Studies indicate that when telomeres do not have sufficient telomerase enzyme, telomere shortening may accelerate.

Questions
Are those two types of products in conflict?? Does it make sense to keep up with cells turnover speedup products (aha/bha/retinol) if products like JM Booster deliver what it says? Are we doing more harm then good with aha/bha/retinol?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets - I totally with you on investing time and money in long term care, and it is easier to prevent then to fix already done damage.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets I decided to give JM booster a try because I use a lot of products from the Revive skincareline(very expensive).That line was founded by a plastic surgeon because he noticed that with surgery you could get rid of loose skin but the skin still looked old...he wanted a way to make the skin rejuvenated thus his skin care line was introduced which has IGF,and other growth factors and telemerase which keeps the end of the DNA from fragmenting,hence making and keeping skin looking young. His Peau Magnifique was $1500 and I wanted to try it but it was too expensive and I was surfing the JM website and noticed she was carrying what looked to be the same product for 1/8th of the cost! I have a friend who loved the Peau Magnifique and now she is trying the JM and she will tell me which one is better and how they compare,she is probably the only one to try both so I am excited for a comparison report!Some people are skeptical about the whole telomerase; as to whether it can really do what its supposed to do...I tried it and really liked it so I think its helping,I will keep buying it.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
oh, by the way sister sweets I think you will be happy with artefill....I wouldnt even waste your money on ther fillers.For 2 years I spent over $4,000 on fillers that did not last very long, some as little as 30 days. I am very happy with artefill....it has stayed the same, I would just save your $$$$ and when you have enough get the artefill.Check on prices there are huge price swings on this product, ranging from 2500 to 995 pr syringe.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc - thank you for recommendations!!! Smile Smile Smile It sounds like an exciting product, and please post an update on your friend's comparison experience.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:19 am      Reply with quote
LucyLuc and mpstat Yes - agree. A comparison from your friend. will be great.

Day Two today for me with the JM. I'm optimistic. mpstat - when you get yours we'll all have to compare notes over time.

I think I will save for the Artefill and forget the rest. Need to find a doc who has the experience to do the procedure.
Meanwhile I'm starting facial exercises to keep some lift. And uing the nuface - only minutes a day and I think it does work.
GinaDi

Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Wow! This is a great topic of interest for me. I really appreciate reading everyone's opinion.

Keep on girls~~~I don't use too much anymore because I don't work. But I really should now that the kids are really getting older.

So far I use moisturizer, sunscreen and chapstick. That's pretty lame... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Youngest is 12! What was I thinking??? Laughing
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:25 am      Reply with quote
sure we can compare notes sister sweets, I just need to get my JM Booster.... Which facial exercises program are you starting, and how are you going to combine the program with botox?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I just started a new thread:
Cells turnover speedup vs. Cells longer lifespan Questions
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28144

I transferred cells turnover question post to this thread.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I got JM Booster today!! Very Happy
In the instructions it is said that the treatment should be done 2-4 times a year. So it is not something to use on an ongoing basis.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
well, I called the co. and she said lots of people use it everyday, it was ok to use it everyday.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking I would use the JM seasonally (4X yr) - 6wks spring, 6wks summer, etc.
Why do they say 2-4X a year if it's really for daily use? Maybe cost or is it that you don't need the boost more than 2-4 X a year.

I am liking it - will be nice to hear from mpstat. And LucyLuc's updates of course.

Haven't bought the facial exercises yet - I'm sooooo close. I've been reading the Deb C's forum now and have followed some of the threads about flexing - those that a lurker is allowed into.
My thoughts.... "oh no, another thing to do everyday"... I've become almost an addict to this stuff - the NuFace, the skincare, the vitamins, supplements, The dpl and this FORUM... (plus working out, keeping the teeth white, the eyelashes darkened, the lips plumped - oh my gosh!)....

Now, I'm thinking how I'm going to pay for the facelift in two years Laughing Laughing
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc - thank you for following up with the company, and learning about year round option. Perhaps 2-4 times a year is indeed a price driven suggestion...

sister sweets - FlexEffect is time consuming and requires persistence. But maybe with its help you will not need a face lift in two years. Wink
It is challenging to get organized and be able to fit everything.Think There should be some priorities set. I have limited amount of time for beauty regimen, and lots of things stay on a wish list forever Sad... I do FlexEffect 5-6 times a week (used to do it daily), and all 40 exercises still a goal, and I do not rule out sticking to just my core ones not all 40... not consistent with NuFace (have not used it now in a couple of weeks) probably because I see it more as a compliment to FlexEffect, with actual exercises on the top of the priority list. I use DPL 2-3 times a week.... and hear you on all vitamins/supplements/skincare....

I am planning to use JM Booster in the mornings, because I am happy with my evening routine for now... will see how it goes, and I do want to use Cellbone XC as well. It might be good to alternate these two: several weeks JM Booster, then Cellbone XC. Tomorrow I will try JMB for the first time.
oncloudten
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
UPS is loving me today! Just received JM booster,Revive Eye and Neck Cream and a couple of those fun boxes from Zappos(love my shoes!!)

Anyway, for those of you using the JM booster,
what moisturizer are you using over it?? Different for day and night??
(my skin is combination with a tendency to break out)

V
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
One tip that helps make your face look younger is highlighting. I use MMU, and use a lighter shade along the folds on the side of my nose, as well as under my nostrils, sides and below my mouth. It eliminates the red tones as well and just makes everything "lift"
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I just reordered my JM booster from ebay.There was a seller called little_marmaid who has 99.1%feedback and has done several thousand transactions. She promised to ship right away.I only paid 139,shipping not included.She has 2 left to sell-"buy it now",not auction.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
ok here goes another makeup tip: thanks to bkkgirl she turned me on to this mascara fromAvon called Longest lashes ever.This stuff is THE best I have ever used.I already have long lashes because of Jan marini,but this stuff makes them look awesome! BUT what I really like about it:it doesnt clump! AND its cheap!!!! 399 pr tube,I also got it delivered and got free samples and a cataloge too.I was leery about Avon because I thought that was for old ladies,I remember it so long ago but this stuff is fantastic.The rep gave me another tube of mascara free so I got 2 for 399-thats cheaper than walmart for sure.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:35 am      Reply with quote
LucyLuc: Re: JM Booster.....that is the ebay seller I used also. (bookmarked it too!).

Guess I'll have to find me an Avon Lady.

Is the JM lash stuff still working (I hear that the new stuff isn't as good)
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Yes it is working.The new stuff does work, my sister uses that exclusively and its worked for her.I am using the original right now.Combined with the Avon mascara I look like I have false lashes on.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Lucy Luc - can't find a mascara by that name on the avon site. Saw one called Uplifting Mascara with a bendable brush???? It mentions 75% more length. ..... Could this be it? It looked like the only one for lengthening.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |