Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Calling women over 45-makeup tips thatmake you look younger?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, lucyluc. I will keep my eye on this thread and see what your results are after the 6 weeks. This looks like another product I have to try! Very Happy
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl - I do not have wrinkles, practically no fine lines either (noticed a fine line on my forehead, but nothing significant). I hope that with booster skin would glow, look youthful with improved tone... plus for prevention.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for replying, mpstat. I, unfortunately, do have wrinkles (!) Very Happy I wonder if I need to be the guinea pig!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi rileygirl! Very Happy I ran into something interesting recently. For skin tightening "LUST", Lipodissolve Ultra-Sound Thermal might be good. A spa in my area was giving a free LUST treatment. I am a slender person, but since it was complementary I decided to get it for skin tightening on my thighs and buttocks. Had atreatment yesterday, and see skin tightening on my buttocks already. Now I am thinking about getting several more treatments for this area.

I was told that this treatment has very good response especially in facial area like chin etc. for skin tightening, and the person that was doing my treatment said that she herself treats her entire body with it. It is not terribly expensive. A package of six treatments is $600, which comes to $100 per area per treatment. Front and back of the thighs considered to be two different areas, with $600 package I'll get 3 treatments for those areas. If the top of the forehead is treated people experience lifted eye brows which sounds fantastic. LUST might be something to look into for facial skin tightening.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Wow - Keep us updated on the Lust treatments.
I'm still trying to find someone within my home town radius that does Artefill - my NL folds are starting to bug me BAD!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Hi rileygirl! Very Happy I ran into something interesting recently. For skin tightening "LUST", Lipodissolve Ultra-Sound Thermal might be good. A spa in my area was giving a free LUST treatment. I am a slender person, but since it was complementary I decided to get it for skin tightening on my thighs and buttocks. Had atreatment yesterday, and see skin tightening on my buttocks already. Now I am thinking about getting several more treatments for this area.

I was told that this treatment has very good response especially in facial area like chin etc. for skin tightening, and the person that was doing my treatment said that she herself treats her entire body with it. It is not terribly expensive. A package of six treatments is $600, which comes to $100 per area per treatment. Front and back of the thighs considered to be two different areas, with $600 package I'll get 3 treatments for those areas. If the top of the forehead is treated people experience lifted eye brows which sounds fantastic. LUST might be something to look into for facial skin tightening.

Wow. That is interesting. Is it like a second generation Thermage, along the lines of Aluma?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
For you Revitalash and JM lash condition users:

Sorry to change gears here but just recieved the Revitalash. The directions mention lining the upper lashes but nothing about the lower.... Anyone doing the lower lashes too? Any tips!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, mpstat. I will look into that!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
For you Revitalash and JM lash condition users:

Sorry to change gears here but just recieved the Revitalash. The directions mention lining the upper lashes but nothing about the lower.... Anyone doing the lower lashes too? Any tips!

Sis, I did both. A client of mine who uses JM said her aesthetician told her she didn't have to. IF she did it before bedtime her lower lashes would get a dose of the good stuff too. I've tried that and think I get MUCH better results using on both. You don't need much, Sis.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Oh - I get it. That's why they say to do it at bedtime...So the uppers contact the lowers while the stuff is still working!

Thank you. I think I'll do both anyway.

did you have a preference? Did one seem to work better than the other?
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
[quote]I really like how it does make your skin look younger though,I never got that from any product and I have tried some really high end products like skin medica and revive among others.[/quote]

Lucyluc, do you use the JM booster once or twice a day? Also, if you still use Revive, are you using any of their serums and, if so, where do you fit the JM in your routine?

Thanks in advance.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I am definitely going for the LUST package now. I just took shower and was looking in a mirror, my buttocks are visibly lifted, and this is after one treatment yesterday. The treatment was not painful at all and over lunch time. Maybe I am just a perfect candidate for this thing, but there is positively quite difference in just one and a half day.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Oh - I get it. That's why they say to do it at bedtime...So the uppers contact the lowers while the stuff is still working!

Thank you. I think I'll do both anyway.

did you have a preference? Did one seem to work better than the other?

Do you mean, which worked better using it only on top or using it on both? For me, definitely on both. My lower lashes got so long I stopped putting it there for awhile. I'm now back to using it top and bottom. FYI: I'm still using the same bottle I purchased 14 months ago. A little bit is all you need. I had some issues with an eye in the fall and did stop using my RL for about two months but I feel I've gotten good use out of that little bottle. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Wow - Keep us updated on the Lust treatments.
I'm still trying to find someone within my home town radius that does Artefill - my NL folds are starting to bug me BAD!

have you started facial exercises? You really can build upper cheeks and improve NL folds with the exercises.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:58 am      Reply with quote
samkaj,I use the JM booster twice a day,thats what the directions advise I believe.I always use the booster first..then proceed with other products.Yes I still use Revive products after the JM. I use the eyelash intervention on both uppers and lowers,they say you dont have to but I do it anyway.I use mascara on the uppers, not on the lowers because it just looks messy and weird. riley girl I would be careful of that wrinkle procedure mpstat is talking about for your face,you dont want the fat in your face to melt.There are many posts on makemeheal.com about damaging procedures that have left women's face worse when fat was dissolved on their face.Procedures especially like thermage which was touted as a great skin tightener and left a lot of women damaged,a lot of drs have abandoned the thermage procedure in their office.Be careful and investigate it;new peocedures I would worry about.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:55 am      Reply with quote
I am 47 and researching the newish Active FX laser treatment. According to some, one treatment of this is equal to 5 Fraxel treatments or 5 years worth of Retin A usage.

I am not affiliated in any way, just interested in this newer technology and trying to learn more about it...

BF
Keelin

Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Hello Girls, this is my first post, i've been reading for a while, but never bothered to join, so I thought today is the day!

Regarding the applying the right make up to stay looking young issue, I agree with a lot of the previous posts, I think its crucial to keep make up light. I use Estee Lauder make up, but recently i've started applying it with a foundation brush rather than with my fingers, and the difference is amazing!

I believe with a passion that water is vital for good hydrated skin, i drink 3 ltrs a day, and since i've started taking high doses of Vitamin C, i found a huge improvment in my skin.

I have very dark hair, which is a problem when the stray greys start peeking through, i dont want to look like Mortica Adams, so i use a " dark brown" hair colour to cover the greys, rather than a black.

I think a peachy tone of blusher is far kinder than pink, and a rose or plum lipstick is more natural.

I'm an Estee Lauder Devotee, i've been using her products for years and love her Advance night repair eye serum, i found it one of the best on the market.

I've been reading about Philosophy Supernatural flawless spf 15 on previous, and was so impressed with reviews, i've sent off for it today, unfortunately in Ireland we are very restricted with products, we dont have philosophy, so i had to buy online. I would love with all my heart to have Sephora, Bloomingdales, Macy's and all the fab stores you girls have in USA/Canada. Very Happy

Anyway, for what its worth, i agree that keeping make up light and natural when your in your 40's very important, I cant do anything about the dark hair, but i've definitely lightened the make up, and am doing my best to keep the teeth white!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:41 am      Reply with quote
LUST is not Thermage, since an esthetician commented that it is different from Thermage, also she said that equipment settings could be adjusted to suit different parts of the body and face. I need to get a name of the machine used for LUST next time I go there. Once I know the name I will post it here, maybe someone would be able to provide more info on what to expect from it for facial treatments.... and they said that LUST is somewhat similar to Alma Accent Laser.
Here a couple of sample links for Accent Laser, more links can be googled. At the bottom of the page there are photos for the face.:
http://www.sonamedspa.com/Accent-XL-Skin-Contouring.803.0.html
http://www.consultingroom.com/News/Display.asp?News_ID=1820&Title=Alma%20Lasers%E2%84%A2%20Receives%20FDA%20Clearance%20for%20Accent%E2%84%A2%20Dual%20Mode%20RF%20System

For facial skin tightening, it might be possible to use it not on the entire face but as they mentioned on upper forehead. I myself do not need skin tightening on my face right now, but would like to know what works in case if I need it in the future.

I think that skin sagging occurs not just on face, but on scalp area too, and it might be more effective to tighten skin on scalp as opposed to face. If skin is tightened on scalp, entire face should get lifted as well. So with this idea in mind I asked if LUST might be applied to scalp, as opposed to face. The answer was that it is possible, and it is done in some other offices, and LUST should be beneficial for the hair growth, especially for people with thinning hair. The downside is that during the procedure the surface is covered with some sort of cream and one needs to go home with greasy hair.

Barefootgirl - please keep us posted on Active FX laser research.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
if you are interested in any laser or "new skin tightening procedure" I would recommend that you check outwww.makemeheal.com Its all about all types of procedures and different laser procedures and you can actually pose questions to drs at the very bottom of the message board.I would be doing a lot of research before i let anyone laser or cut me.,I was on the forum for a yr before I even had surgery.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Keelin wrote:
Hello Girls, this is my first post, i've been reading for a while, but never bothered to join, so I thought today is the day!

Hello Keelin and Welcome to the forum!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone, I'm catching up on the posts for the day and I'll say things are busy here! Lots of good suggestions and advice. This is a great thread and I think meaningful for all of us.

I actually looked into Thermage and decided against a little bit ago - so glad I did. Like LucyLuc I joined Makemeheal and have been reading a lot. It definately is worth a look. You'll be happy you did for any procedure.

My big news is this: Found an experienced Doc to do Artefill - yea.... Having the skin test in April and the procedure scheduled for May. I'm so happy - no more bologny with all the fillers that do not work.

Also joined the Flex board - facial exercises here I come. Genetically I have no wrinkles anywhere except the NL folds - that's just the way it is. The women in my family -mom and aunts are beautiful - the admired ones all their lives but the NL folds are there downfall too. So between Artefill and the exercises I should be pulling it all up!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:08 am      Reply with quote
http://www.medicalspamd.com/physician-to-physician/ This is a great website for drs who offer the latest in lasers and other skin procedures. This is a special forum for plastic surgeons who give their opinion on different lasers and interact with other doctors.You can read everything they talk about-its great! If you interested in any of the latest procedures you can read what they say about.Many are very frustrated because a lot feel they have been duped by laser salespeople who sell expensive equipment that doesnt deliver the promised results. That website and makemeheal.com are great for cosmetic procedures.Makemeheal has it all broken down into categories on the forum;a botox and filler forum, laser forum, facelift forum, eyelift forum , boob forum,its great.
Keelin

Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:48 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Keelin wrote:

Hello Keelin and Welcome to the forum!

Hello Jom

Thanks for the welcome Very Happy
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Good morning,
I have been around for a few months trying to figure out this whole skin care thing Very Happy and I am anxious to begin a good skin care routine. I am 40 live in South Florida (no dry winter) and have normal skin (slight hyper pigmentation and clogged t-zone). I am using vivier c serum, tozorac .05. I got samples of cellcomet with my last order from eds and really liked how my skin looked with the products..(people have commented on how good my skin looked) .but I am wondering what you would recommend to a friend...who wanted to make her skin look as good as possible. What skin lines are aimed at helping with anti aging...
I am sorry this is so long..but I am so confused..I just want to get started..he..he..
Lou
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
Good morning,
I have been around for a few months trying to figure out this whole skin care thing Very Happy and I am anxious to begin a good skin care routine. I am 40 live in South Florida (no dry winter) and have normal skin (slight hyper pigmentation and clogged t-zone). I am using vivier c serum, tozorac .05. I got samples of cellcomet with my last order from eds and really liked how my skin looked with the products..(people have commented on how good my skin looked) .but I am wondering what you would recommend to a friend...who wanted to make her skin look as good as possible. What skin lines are aimed at helping with anti aging...
I am sorry this is so long..but I am so confused..I just want to get started..he..he..
Lou

I think you're off to a good start. There's so many skin care lines with so much to offer I think you just need to pick a line you like or products from different lines. In the morning use a cleanser, your Vitamin C product, moisturizer, eye cream and sunscreen. At night cleanse, use your tazorac and if you need to a moisturizer and eye cream. I have limited experience with the PSF products but the products I have used are nice you might want to look into that line. I also think the Cellcosmet line would be a nice way to go, they have nice products as well. Try to get samples of things from different lines that interest you if you can and do some experimenting with what works best for your skin. Best of Luck and have fun! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |