Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Calling women over 45-makeup tips thatmake you look younger?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
LUST Update
I went today for my second LUST treatment, and wrote down a name of the machine, it is LavaTRON by SomeTech, the device produced in Korea. I asked haw successful the treatment on average, and was told that it is 50/50. The most successful is skin tightening especially for loose stomach skin after childbirth. Also good for chin area and eye lifting.

I am in the successful half of the patients. I see lots of difference in the skin tightening in my thighs and butt, that is what I treated. I do not need weight loss just skin tightening, so that I look great in shorts without flabbiness. To my surprise I am pretty much there already after just two treatments instead of recommended six, and very-very satisfied Laughing Laughing

JM Booster Update
Now on JM Booster - I have been using it for a little less then two weeks, and I decided to give it a try by using twice a day. I do not see lots of difference here as sister sweets or lucyluc. One bottle lasts me less then a week. I am already on my third bottle. Seems that I use more then anticipated by a manufacturer. I am not saying that it is not good, just that I do not see anything dramatic. I really hoped that I will be as successful with it as others. I will continue using it until the end of the set and then decide on the future steps.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering if that skin tightening treatment is like velasmooth-a non ivasive way to get rid of fat and cellulite. I use 1 bottle of booster pr week...I use it twice a day,once in morning, once at night.I bottle lasts me exactly 1 week(I drain the bottle really well) I hope you will see an improvement soon. I do not use one line of products exclusively....I try to use what I think is the best of each top line. I use a couple products from skin medica, Revive, IS clinical and the Booster...sometimes I rotate a little bit too., I dont think 1 line of products has all the answers.I dont worry too much about my butt and thighs because I never show them....I have to take care of my face because I cant exactly put a bag over it!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Here's the sometech site:

http://www.sometech.com:8888/product/medical_lvt250.htm
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Everyone is different and gets different results, maybe I will see something good down the road. Thank you for the tip on using the bottle, I cut it open with scissors to get all I could from the bottle. It was easier to get the booster from the second and third bottles, seems it was something going on with the first bottle that made it extra tough.

Skin tightening procedure is non-invasive. It takes an hour total time, no pain whatsoever, it does feel warm. The results are very fast, almost immediate, I did not see much difference between results two days after the treatment, and a week after the treatment. I suspect that I am a really good candidate for the procedure, and yes they did mention that it is good for cellulite.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
From the sometech link that yogi provided:

Enhancing scalp health

Deep heating helps promote blood circulation to supply the scalp with lots of oxygen and nutrients, and sprout hairs, preventing them from falling out through a stimulation and sterilization of their roots via a thermal effect.

This seems to be what I was told on hair benefits, If this in addition tightens skin on the scalp one might get a face lift just from scalp treatment procedure. hmm
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Eye lash curler really helps to beautify the eyes. I never used it before and got it just several days ago, and so glad that I did!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:04 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
From the sometech link that yogi provided:

Enhancing scalp health

Deep heating helps promote blood circulation to supply the scalp with lots of oxygen and nutrients, and sprout hairs, preventing them from falling out through a stimulation and sterilization of their roots via a thermal effect.

This seems to be what I was told on hair benefits, If this in addition tightens skin on the scalp one might get a face lift just from scalp treatment procedure. hmm

Hmmm...does this mean one might gain some benefit from using Baby Quasar on the scalp?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
tweezerman uts out a white eyelash curler that you heat with blowdryer...that really curls your lashes retty well!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I got Shu Uemura lash curler. Can the trick with blowdryer work with this curler or it is just Tweezerman specific? ... and what are instructions?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've used that trick forever. I don't think it's specific to any one curler.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you BluesHeart! Very Happy
Do I need just to blowdry directly into curler while the lashes are in? and for how long?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
iTS best to use the tweezerman white plastic one, its meant secifically for heat.If you heat the metal one you will burn yourself the metal gets too hot the plastic does not. point the blow dryer at the rubber part that curls the lashes for about 15 seconds or so and then curl your lashes dont do it when your lashes are in it.You can get tweezerman at Ulta stores and online.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mpstat,
Lucy is correct. You direct the air from the blow dryer onto the pad of the curler, without the lashes in the curler. I use the lower setting on my blowdryer and I doubt I hold it as long as 15 seconds, maybe ten. I've done it this way since I was probably 14 years old and no burns yet. Guess I'll continue to live dangerously cause I hate plastic eyelash curlers.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks lucyluc and BluesHeart for the tips and tricks! I always used minimal amount of make up and do not know lots of things that might be basic for the others....
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Thanks lucyluc and BluesHeart for the tips and tricks! I always used minimal amount of make up and do not know lots of things that might be basic for the others....

you'll be all set. You've got your lash grow and a good curler. You're going to be gorgeous. Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you using the JM Booster, I applied to my face tonight and got this immediate warmth on my face. To be honest, it scared me a little. This was my first application and I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Blues - I did not get warmth. Maybe someone else can tell you something else. I do see a nice effect from it however. Let's hear from LucyLuc as to her continued results.

Please let us know what you think over time.

Sis
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart - I did not notice any heat either. Also I put a little bit of thought into why I did not see lots of difference with booster, and now think that I do not see much difference with products in general. Since I do not have wrinkles and almost no fine lines, there is no much change possible.

I also tried the blowdryer suggestion... Looks great!!! Laughing Thank you!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:28 am      Reply with quote
No,I did not get any warmth from JM booster. I would ask...what did you do BEFORE you used the JM booster?Did you do a facial or use a glycolic product?Certain products can make skin sensitive and when u put the JM on you felt the sting from sensitivity of other previous products.I do not believe the JM would cause that.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies, for your answers. I did not use any masks or glycolics. No acids whatsoever. I washed my face and applied the JM. I very hesitatingly applied it this morning and nothing so maybe it was a fluke. I was afraid it was me being sensitive to one of the ingredients. Will try again tonight. Thanks again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Let us know. I agree with LucyLuc - something else may have been the cause. Are you using a clarisonic?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Let us know. I agree with LucyLuc - something else may have been the cause. Are you using a clarisonic?

No Clarisonic. No microfiber except in the am.
I've never used any products with the KGF so I thought maybe that was the norm.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Another makeup tip for looking younger: I posted a review here on the Products Review Forum, but thought I'd give a shout out to it on this thread too. Bobbi Brown Corrector is *wonderful* stuff for the undereye area. I chose Light Peach as my colour, which is perfect for 'neutralising' any dark circles that might be present. When I put it on under foundation, I often don't need any concealer - and that means less product (and as we've all agreed, at our age, less is more!), and I find it doesn't 'settle' into any of my fine lines at all.

I've been using it for about two months now and it's one of my best 'looking younger' discoveries.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Hi mpstat,
Lucy is correct. You direct the air from the blow dryer onto the pad of the curler, without the lashes in the curler. I use the lower setting on my blowdryer and I doubt I hold it as long as 15 seconds, maybe ten. I've done it this way since I was probably 14 years old and no burns yet. Guess I'll continue to live dangerously cause I hate plastic eyelash curlers.

Hi BluesHeart, I've also warmed my curler for years. I test it on my wrist before curling and than after applying my mascara I am goofy enough to dry my eyelashes before they droop
wen_goldfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Oh thank you for the nice trick. I will try warming my curler next time. Surprised
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |