Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Volumising shampoo for colored hair?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Deb78
5% products discount

Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

Can anyone recommend a volumising shampoo & conditioner for colored hair? Lots of them make your hair look great the day you wash it, but really limp the next day. My hair is also really fragile & prone to breaking, so if there was a magic product out there that helped that too I don't think I could ever thank you girls enough!

Debsx
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
You may use
Victoria's Secret's So Sexy Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner for Dry/Damage Hair

Nourishing Conditioner for Dry/Damaged hair

A collection of advanced-formula products for ultra-shiny, ultra-touchable hair. Intensely conditions, restores moisture and smoothes. Safe for color-treated hair. Domestic and imported.
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:31 am      Reply with quote
2.kiehls Olive Fruit Oil Nourishing Shampoo &Conditioner

- Nourishing Shampoo
With Avocado Oil, Lemon Extract, and Olive Fruit Oil
For dehydrated, damaged hair
Inspired by traditional home recipes
Leaves hair soft without weighing it down
Not tested on animals
Formulated for dehydrated, under-nourished, and damaged hair, our mild, yet rich and creamy shampoo instantly moisturizes and fortifies hair as it gently cleanses, leaving hair manageable and supple. Our nurturing formula contains the latest in haircare science with molecules that mimic natural oils which coat healthy hair. We blended enriching Avocado Oil, Lemon Extract, and Olive Fruit Oil–inspired by traditional home recipes–to help restore the healthy look of the hair, leaving it full of shine and softness without weighing it down. Ideal for hair weakened by overexposure to sun, chemical-processing, or excessive heat styling.

-Nourishing Conditioner

With Avocado Oil, Lemon Extract, and Olive Fruit Oil
For dehydrated, damaged hair
Inspired by traditional home recipes
Helps rebuild hair's strength and elasticity
Not tested on animals
Formulated for dehydrated, under-nourished, and damaged hair, this lightweight, easily-rinsed conditioner deeply moisturizes and restores a healthy look to hair. Utilizing the latest in haircare science, our formula contains molecules which mimic natural oils that coat healthy hair. We blended enriching Avocado Oil, Lemon Extract, and Olive Fruit Oil–inspired by traditional home recipes–to help rebuild hair's strength and elasticity, and lock in moisture. Gentle, yet luxurious, our formula detangles hair, leaving it silky-smooth and shiny without weighing hair down. Ideal for hair weakened by overexposure to sun, chemical-processing, or excessive heat styling.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I don't think the Kiehl's would be good for colored hair.

Anyway, after coloring my hair and experiencing flaky scalp and tons of breakage while using a fairly expensive salon product for colored hair, I discovered Wen by Chaz Dean. It's all I'll use on my hair now. My scalp issues are gone, breakage is at a minimum, even after having my hair highlighted. My favorite is the tea tree, but I would recommend the Lavendar for you as it's a bit lighter and is specifically for volume. But, that one is hard to get. Next, I would probably recommend the Sweet Almond Mint. You can get Wen products at qvc.com. HTH!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
The best volumizing shampoo I've found is Frederic Fekkai MORE purifying shampoo. It doesn't tout itself as volumizing but it is. I also use Pureology Purifying shampoo about once a week, for a deep clean, and that is volumizing too. Both products are color-safe and retain the shine you get from the glaze when coloring the hair.
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have highlighted naturally blonde hair that's VERY fine, and I LOVE Aveda Pure Abundance shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo smells amazing and it really cleans hair well without stripping off color (all the ingredients are natural). The conditioner is almost like a clay and you could also use it as a treatment for greater moisture (which my hair needs right after it's highlighted) if you left it on for longer, but it is the only product I've tried that actually leaves my hair with more volume and I've tried SO many over the years. I will admit it's pricey, but I'll pay more for something that works. Hope that helps!
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Deb78 wrote:
Hi everyone

Can anyone recommend a volumising shampoo & conditioner for colored hair? Lots of them make your hair look great the day you wash it, but really limp the next day. My hair is also really fragile & prone to breaking, so if there was a magic product out there that helped that too I don't think I could ever thank you girls enough!

Debsx

If your hair is limp the next day it could possibly be from to much product (sweat and build up) and a pillow case that's caked in product. A few months ago I started using Oscar Blandi dry shampoo- Excellent product when it's a non-shampoo day. I put it on my roots (hair must be dry) massage in using my fingertips, then blow dry with a round brush restyling as usual. In no time I have volume again. The dry shampoo gets rid of the excess oil that makes my hair limp.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have fine hair that I highlight blond, so this give my hair volume. A girlfriend of mine swears by Pureology Hydrating shampoo. I think that is the one. SHe also SWEARS by the hair mask that is good for damaged, thin hair. SHe has super fine, naturally blond hair that she highlights, yet still needs extra volume.
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo and conditioner for the past 10 years (the pink bottle). I wouldn't use anything else. I love the volume it gives me and the smell is divine. I do shampoo my hair daily though, so if you don't, a dry shampoo in between washes would be a great recommendation.
I tried the volumizing mask but didn't like it. I found it made my hair feel sticky after.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, that must be the shampoo she keeps telling me to use...Thanks..
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I am fickle when it comes to shampoo as my hair is extremely fine. Right now I am using some John Masters products. I also agree Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo is a great product.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
For a long time my hairstylist had me use pureology protecting spray on my hair before I blow dried it. I gave up on it because I didn't think it made much difference in protecting the color. Maybe you have to use it with the shampoo/conditioner?
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
My personal faves are Aveda's Sap moss shampoo, and the Smoth Infusion conditioner and styling products....EXCELLENT for fine hair. I also use John Masters Honey and Hibiscus sham & cond. The combo is a little heavy when uesed together so I tend to use an AVeda shamp and JM conditioner....my hair looks and feels GREAT!!!!Regardless of all the blond highlights that damage my hair!!
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
<<<< A few months ago I started using Oscar Blandi dry shampoo- Excellent product when it's a non-shampoo day. I put it on my roots (hair must be dry) massage in using my fingertips, then blow dry with a round brush restyling as usual. In no time I have volume again. The dry shampoo gets rid of the excess oil that makes my hair limp. >

My daughter has VERY fine hair highlited blond hair. She Has to wash it everyday or it looks very oily. This maybe great for her. Where can I purchase the dry shampoo?
Thanks, Lou
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, where to purchase this "dry" shampoo...that would be something I would like to try and my poor, over washed hair would like that as well!!!
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:09 am      Reply with quote
I love the idea of dry shampoo. It keeps you from having that oily greasy hair look on your off Shampoo days. Plus its not good to wash your hair everyday as it dries out the scalp, creates flakes, and doesn't allow the natural oils to reach the hair follicles, which often leads to dry brittle ends/split ends.
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
<<<< A few months ago I started using Oscar Blandi dry shampoo- Excellent product when it's a non-shampoo day. I put it on my roots (hair must be dry) massage in using my fingertips, then blow dry with a round brush restyling as usual. In no time I have volume again. The dry shampoo gets rid of the excess oil that makes my hair limp. >

My daughter has VERY fine hair highlited blond hair. She Has to wash it everyday or it looks very oily. This maybe great for her. Where can I purchase the dry shampoo?
Thanks, Lou

You can purchase the dry shampoo in store or on line at Sephora.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=Oscar%20Blandi&categoryId=C17780
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:

Thanks, Lou

On another note Lou - I have fine hair too. I found when I used drug store shampoo I had to wash my hair everyday as it always felt oily the next day. Ten yrs ago I changed to salon shampoo and I noticed a big difference. I don't have to shampoo every day. Salon shampoo/conditioner costs a bit more but I personally think it's worth every penny.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone heard of 'Ojon' hair products? They are promoted on qvc UK. Am tempted to give them a try but not sure if I would be wasting my money.

Currently I am using the crabtree and evelyn volumising shampoo( La source) and it's okay.It does not have sulfates. I have cut my shoulder length hair in a short page boy cut. So, cannot tell much difference!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I agree that salon products are much better than drugstore. I mostly use Aveda, although I have used most if not all the current Org shamp on the morket:dr.H, Lavera, John Mastersts, etc..yet non compare...

Thanks for the info of where to get the dry shamp..good ol Sephora!!!
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I have very fine colored hair with high lights, and I like Aveda shampoos the best. I especially like Sap Moss and Pure Abundance.
Northerngirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
VL wrote:
Has anyone heard of 'Ojon' hair products? They are promoted on qvc UK. Am tempted to give them a try but not sure if I would be wasting my money.

Currently I am using the crabtree and evelyn volumising shampoo( La source) and it's okay.It does not have sulfates. I have cut my shoulder length hair in a short page boy cut. So, cannot tell much difference!

Yes I've heard of Ojon hair products. They sell it here in Canada on the Shopping Channel every couple of months. They usually have a really good show stopper too.

Has anyone here used Ojon products, and is it salon quality?
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I received a sample of Ojon shampoo from Sephora and HATED it. It had too strong of a scent, didn't lather very good and weighed my hair down. Granted, I only used it once but felt the $$ they charge for this line totally outrageous after trying it. I have a friend that just LOVES these products. She says that her hair has never looked and felt so good. I suppose you'll either love it or hate it.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ojon is carried by Beauty Mart in Yaletown/Vancouver. I have tried their hair care products and to say the least..was not at all impressed...
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I wasn't impressed by Ojon either, they sell it at Sephora go in and ask for a sample before you buy it. Also, I found Pureology's hydrating shampoo to be more volumising than their volumizing shampoo. I like Pureology's hydrating and purifying shampoos, I didn't like the volumizing I felt like it weighed my hair down.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |