Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Lightening/Brightening serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I am considering ordering Garden of Wisdom Light n' Brite Serum, I was wondering if anyone had tried it and what you think? I also saw that Cellbone have a brightening serum ...

I don't have massive hyperpigmentation, just some red acne scars and blotched freckles - I'd also like to use something to make my skin more even-toned and luminous.

Does anyone have any experience?

many thanks! Smile
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend Cosmedix Lightening, it worked for me.

http://www.dermstore.com/product_Lightning+5%25_8731.htm
rabbitpig
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
waiting for more suggestion. Smile
Tiffy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've only been using it for a couple of weeks, but so far I really like PSF PhytoNutriv Lightening Serum. I feel like I'm already seeing some acne scars fading a bit, but I know it will take a while to see some real results.
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tiffy,

What that for, can it also lighten age spots? I have several on my face... help!
imbossy

Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:01 am      Reply with quote
i'm seeing amazing result with skinceuticals phyto+.

those red acne scars faded within few days and i'm seeing a pretty big improvement on my post inflammatory hyperpigmented purple/brown scars.

to be more specific, i received this item 1 week ago in mail. used it morning/night everyday + extra spot treatment on severe areas. it does leave somewhat green tint if you pile it on, but i work out of home so this doesn't bother me. other lightly applicated areas weren't green at all. acne scars, i would say they are 85% lighter, PIH scars 15% lighter. not bad for a week usage.

hope this helps!!! Smile Wink
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Try juice organics brightening serum and skinceuticals phyto+
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:37 am      Reply with quote
If you are not against hydroquinone, Obagi is great for fading freckles. If you don't want hydroquinone, try a good topical C and a good sunscreen.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I did not realize that cellbone has brightening serum. My understanding that chickenlittle refers to AcroWhite Skin Lightening Serum. And would be interested in feedback on this product too.
rabbitpig
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend the shiseido writennig serum.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Well, try Obagi. It is a great line of skin care products! You won't regret this choice at all... cheers...

chickenlittle wrote:
Hello,

I am considering ordering Garden of Wisdom Light n' Brite Serum, I was wondering if anyone had tried it and what you think? I also saw that Cellbone have a brightening serum ...

I don't have massive hyperpigmentation, just some red acne scars and blotched freckles - I'd also like to use something to make my skin more even-toned and luminous.

many thanks! Smile
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Vichy's Bi -white is good , so is Estee lauders advanced whitening recovery complex ... also Dr. Michelle Copeland Rewind Age-Defying Cream is GREAT I know this is not a brightener or a lightener , but the glow and old acne marks disappeared 50% by using samples for a week if only it didn't have DMAE in it I would REALLY consider using it
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
chickenlittle wrote:
Hello,

many thanks! Smile

IS Clinical's Active serum will make your skin even-toned and luminous. Use it at night before applying your moisturizer and you'll wake up with glowing skin.
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Shiseido (white lucent brightening serum) - brighter a little bit
Anna Sui - doesn't work on me
Valmont (regenerate radiance serum) - i like it!
guntz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I also love Obagi Clear.
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:53 am      Reply with quote
thank you everyone for these suggestions! Very Happy

I remembered also that I have a 1/4 bottle of active serum to use up, so I'll use that while I'm deciding which new one to get.

so I guess no-one has tried the Garden of Wisdom lightening serum ....
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for bumping such an old thread...didn't wanna make a new one..

So have there been any more people using PSF's PhytoNutriv Lightening Serum who can give us a review?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I like exuviance extreme lightening gel and it is very reasonably priced.
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:43 am      Reply with quote
I would highly recommend IS Clinical C-15 Serum Advance+.It really lighten my skin color. Laughing
kar126
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:04 am      Reply with quote
it's very weird but it works...

use plain white yogurt as a mask (you only need about one tablespoon) and it really brightens up your skin tone
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Cosmedix lightening serum worked for me and my friend. After a while, move up to their stronger lightening MD.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Kareberry* wrote:
Sorry for bumping such an old thread...didn't wanna make a new one.. So have there been any more people using PSF's PhytoNutriv Lightening Serum who can give us a review?

I have been using this product since the end of August. I am finding that it's gentle to my skin and is slowly lightening the dark spots on my cheeks (and near my ears) -- this seems to be an area that I have consistently missed with good sunscreen application over the years. At the same time that I started using this product, I switched from SPF30 s/s to SPF55 s/s. Additionally, I've noticed that my overall skintone has improved since using the PhytoNutriv -- more even skintone. Not a drastic difference, but a subtle improvement that I am pleased with, since I've had no adverse affects from the product. I only apply it at night, before bed. I think with continued use I will see even more improvement -- 2.5 months into it, I do notice a difference from my starting point in darker spots. I was considering using Obagi Clear, but the HQ had me concerned. I don't love the pump applicator on the bottle of PhytoNutriv -- it can spurt the product out and some of it sort of flies off my palm. If I press slowly and sort of cup my palm around the spout, it's less spurty. Wink The key ingredients are Kojic Acid, Arbutin, Licorice, Mulberry & Bearberry (Uva-Ursi) Extracts,
B-Glucaderm™ (Beta Glucan), and Hyaluronic Acid.

I am still using my first bottle, but already repurchased. Best part? EDS sells it! Very Happy
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Try DDF Fade Gel 4 !
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:03 am      Reply with quote
jade-1234 wrote:
Well, try Obagi. It is a great line of skin care products! You won't regret this choice at all... cheers...

chickenlittle wrote:
Hello,

many thanks! Smile

Yes 100% Obagi. I only use the Blender, but using the Clear alongside it is supposed to lighten skin even quicker/better

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:31 am      Reply with quote
So many one recommend Obagi.Maybe I could try it.But it's real expensive.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |