Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Advice please!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all! Here's my dilemma.....

I've recently had pulsed light therapy treatments for my rosacea as I found it has gotten a lot worse since I've gotten older (I'm 33). I've also been an avid sun worshipper which compounded the problem. So, I've decided to smarten up and start protecting my skin.

I've worn mineral makeup for the past 3 years, thinking that was enough protection. I know with my rosacea, I need more SPF. I decided to try the Proderm SPF 30 which was sold at my Medical Esthetics's Clinic. I had such a terrible reaction to it that my eyes were swollen shut, itchy and RED! It was awful! I've never reacted to any skin care product before, so it was quite surprising.

Now I'm scared to try another sunscreen. I am considering the Colorescience Sunforgettable powder SPF 30. Since it's more along the lines of a mineral makeup, I feel that I probably won't react to it. It hasn't gotten the best reviews on this Forum, however. Does anyone have any experience with this product that they would like to share? Or another powder sunscreen that would be recommended?

My skin care regimen currently consists of Janson Beckett's skin prep and Alphaderma CE. I let it dry and then apply my Youngblood mineral makeup. I'm not sure where the sunscreen would fit it to this routine. Since mineral makeup shouldn't be disturbed, I thought a powder sunscreen or spray would be more suitable.

Sorry about my long, drawn out story. I'm just in desperate need of some advice. I've had the Colorescience Sunforgettable product in my shopping cart for days now, not sure whether to drop the $50, if it's not going to be a good buy for me.

Thanks for listening!

Cyndi
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Colorscience Powder last summer. I think that the brush not the powder irritated (slightly) my skin. The container sucks. I ended up spewing half the powder all over the counter when I was struggling to open it. My big problem was that I never knew if I had it on evenly or even on!! I guess that is a bonus if you don't want it looking powdery. You can dump it into another container and use a different brush.
There are a lot of reviews of different sunscreens on this forum. How about a sunscreen under your makeup?
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:09 am      Reply with quote
You should get the list of ingredients of that product and try to figure out which ingredients you are allergic to.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Whew, finding a facial sunscreen that works for YOU can be very difficult; it took me a couple years and a lot of samples and $$ to find something that works for me. I was using PSF SPF50 and really liked it, but continued the search because I want to use a completely mineral based sunblock rather than chemicals. I just switched to NIA24 mineral sunscreen and absolutely love it! My only reservation is that it contains silicones, but the positives outweigh the negatives. This sunscreen contains 5% niaciamide and the 'cones also serve as a primer for MMU appliation. Whether I use my powdered MMU or liquid minerals, it's fantastic!

Can you post the ingredients from the sunscreen you tried? There's a few on this forum that really know their ingredients, I'm sure someone will be able to suggest possible irritants.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Could it be the AlphaDerma that is making your rosacea worse?
AlphaDerma contains vitamin C, which is acidic.
Any product containing acid irritates rosacea.
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the feedback, ladies!

WOW...I never even considered the Vitamin C in Alphaderma! If THAT'S flaring up my rosacea, I'll be SO upset!! Since I just dropped another $130 reordering it and, well, because I really love it too.

I ended up ordering the Becca SPF 30 mineral primer. I really hope it lives up to it's reputation. I like the idea that it's double duty...maybe it'll help my minerals go on smoother.

I'll have to get the ingredient list from the demon sunscreen, as I just used the sample size, which doesn't list the ingredients. Next time I'm at the clinic, I'll get it from them. It would sure be nice to figure that out, so it doesn't happen again.

I'm glad I didn't order the Sunforgettable powder. The reviews just weren't that good.

Thanks again for your time involved in helping me.

Cyndi
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |