Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New beauty book. "How Not to Look Old"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:17 am      Reply with quote
This new book by Charla Krupp is pretty good. The full title is "How Not to Look Old" Fast and Effortless ways to look 10 years Younger, 10 times Lighter, 10 times Better. If you look at the reviews on amazon.com, even Christina Carlino, the founder of Philosophy raves about it. The book gives great advice on things you can do to keep looking young from skin care, makeup, fashion. Not everyone can afford some of the things she advises so she gives pointers for all women, high, medium and low maintenance gals. So far I've found Amazon.com has the best price on this book,$15.59. I just thought it might interest some of you gals. I really like it. Even though I'm 42 years old. These tips will help me to continue to stay younger looking as I age. It's a bit different than most beauty books. A great read!!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I got this book several days ago from amazon and about to start reading. Based on the book reviews not all advice can be applied by everybody, (eye glasses frame example), but overall it should be a beneficial book. Looking forward to read it and get new ideas.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like something interesting! Tx!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Funny you mention this. I just ordered this book from Amazon a few days ago myself. I love beauty and style books and the reviews on Amazon got me interested in it. I'm glad to hear you like it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
The books offers some good reminders, some new products I wasn't aware of....she offers lots of specific products and places to find them.
Some of her advice is right on target...and some...well, has anyone else of any age ditched their nude color panty hose??!! Rolling Eyes

V
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'll search this book from amazon,thx.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I think she should take her own advice and not use eyeliner under her eye,thats aging.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:51 am      Reply with quote
sounds interesting!

can someone be nice enough to post a few tips mentioned in that book? Question
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I finally got the chance to read some of this book and it is great! There are so many great tips along with pics to show what she's talking about. I haven't read it cover-to-cover yet but the chapters that I did read were very interesting.

daydreamingda, the book is pretty substantial with nineteen chapters covering various topics including flattering eye makeup, brow shapes, battling fine lines and wrinkles, skirt lengths and shapes, and finding the perfect jean. A few specific tips that come to mind were: (1) have a hairstyle with bangs, (2) go lighter on eye makeup, especially liner, (3) keep a lighter hair color (although here I think the author would actually look better with a slightly darker color or maybe some lowlights - she's extremely blonde), and (4) wear pink lipstick/lipgloss.

There are so many great tips and pictures in this book. The author has a fun attitude as well. I am looking forward to reading it more thoroughly in the next few days.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
mamawalnut....TOO funny!!Agree 100% about the color of the author's hair!! Some low lights would definitely help!

V
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
So all of us should have lighter hair with bangs, and wear pink lipgloss?!

Hmmm. How about "how to retain a sense of stylish individuality over 45 without merging in to the background, or looking like you are Just Trying Too Hard.."

Is there one of those for sale?!
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

Hmmm. How about "how to retain a sense of stylish individuality over 45 without merging in to the background, or looking like you are Just Trying Too Hard.."

Laughing
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

Once you are over 45 you have to give that up Smile

Funny though, I did just go back to my bangs, some of that is my face shape more than anything though. I had lightened my hair this summer, but went back to my natural color. I think I look younger with it darker. I always agree with the pinker lipsticks though, too dark is really aging as is too much frost.

Now I have to go look at the book just to see about the comments on the author Very Happy
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

I'm sorry if I made it seem like the author was laying down hard-and-fast rules; I was just recalling some specific pointers that stuck in my head. She did have pics of people with too-dark lipstick versus light glossy lips and with one-length hair versus hair with bangs and I saw her point. I do agree of course that we have to take into account our own sense of individuality but I found her ideas to be worthy of consideration.

In the parts of the book I've read I found the author to have a positive attitude along with lots of interesting information so I apologize again if I made it seem like she was coming across like a dictator.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
sounds very interesting!!!!

but since I am Asian... do u think these tips will help me?! Confused (eg the lighter hair...)
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:56 am      Reply with quote
yes! I am half asian and I dye my hair about medium brown black hair looks too Alviraish(did I make that up?)
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:24 am      Reply with quote
hmmmm... let me look that up @ amazon! Laughing
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing this info. I will go to Chapters and check it out first before I buy. I am much more than your age, but they say I looked 30ish. I guess, clean living and taking care of myself helped i.e. proper eating, no junk foods, exercise, no smoking, no alcohol drinking (only on ocassion), that all helps in keeping you young. Also, how we feel about ourselves helped too. Growing old is all in the mind Smile Smile Don't forget good creams for the whole body from head to toe is also very important! Smile

keli13 wrote:
This new book by Charla Krupp is pretty good. The full title is "How Not to Look Old" Fast and Effortless ways to look 10 years Younger, 10 times Lighter, 10 times Better. If you look at the reviews on amazon.com, even Christina Carlino, the founder of Philosophy raves about it. The book gives great advice on things you can do to keep looking young from skin care, makeup, fashion. Not everyone can afford some of the things she advises so she gives pointers for all women, high, medium and low maintenance gals. So far I've found Amazon.com has the best price on this book,$15.59. I just thought it might interest some of you gals. I really like it. Even though I'm 42 years old. These tips will help me to continue to stay younger looking as I age. It's a bit different than most beauty books. A great read!!
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I guess the lighter hair applies to certain ppl. For asians, I do find that lighter hair makes them look younger. But of course not color it to blond, a light brown is quite nice. I also find that straight hair looks younger opposed to curly or wavy hair. Also, dark red matte lips look so~ old in my opinion!! Confused hhm wat else?.... well, look more at how younger ppl dress and made up themselves...u can learn a thing or two from them Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |