Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Clean Well All-Natural Hand Sanitizer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
My search for a non-drying, alcohol free hand sanitizer has ended! I have major issues with dry hands so the last thing I can do is wash them all day long. I do however, need to keep really clean for my sons sake and my job, enter Clean Well. This stuff is great, no sticky residue, light clean scent and hasn't dried my hands out despite daily use. They also make hand washes in a variety of yummy sounding scents.

Clean Well

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Kay-la
5% products discount

Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I checked out their website.Sounds like a great product!

I currently use Purell hand sanitizer. Although it doesn't contain the ingredient "triclosan" (a common germicidial ingredient that can be dryng and leave behind bacteria that are more resistant to antibiotics,) it does contain alcohol which is also drying. I'm going to look for it this week at Whole Foods and try it out. I'll pot back my results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Bath and Body works, has these great antibacterial lotions that work better than the Purell. Since they are moisturizing it doesn't have that drying effect that alcohol based sanitizers have and they come in great scents.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I second Bath and Body works. The only hand
soap I use.

My current favorite is the exotic coconut
scent - yummy!
Kay-la
5% products discount

Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:50 am      Reply with quote
What is the name of the product from Bath and Body works that you're referring to? I checked their website and their antibacterial hand santizers contains ethyl alcohol-just like my Purell hand sanitizer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:34 am      Reply with quote
This stuff is also great to sanitize brushes, etc., in a pinch or pre MU application. It doesnt cause any irritation for me or dry my face out, of course I do let them dry before picking up product.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
erikasha

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:51 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
This stuff is also great to sanitize brushes, etc., in a pinch or pre MU application. It doesnt cause any irritation for me or dry my face out, of course I do let them dry before picking up product.

yeah its really great stuff of sanitizing brushes.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Wow thanks for bumping this bakc up erikasha. I was just looking for some hand sanitizers hat wouldn't dry out my hands Rolling Eyes
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hand sanitizers will only protect against bacteria for one or two minutes, after that they are ineffective. In addition, many of them contain toxic chemicals that are worse than the germs they are supposed to protect you against.

Everything on the planet is covered in bacteria - but the human body builds up immunity to it. You are just wasting money and doing more harm by using this stuff. My daughter's best friend has a toddler and she is constantly wiping her child's hands with sanitizer wipes all day long - then the child puts her hands straight into her mouth - it makes me cringe.

Just last week I was out walking my little dog Lulu and a small child came over to pat her. Afterwards, his mother whipped out the hand sanitizer and cleansed his hands - honestly, since when can't a child pat a dog without being in danger of contamination! Rolling Eyes

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/03/050325160931.htm

http://www.naturalnews.com/030193_hand_sanitizers_germs.html

http://rismedia.com/2010-09-14/study-hand-sanitizers-ineffective-in-warding-off-flu-cold-viruses/

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the links Keliu.

I have always known that hand sanitizers will only work for a minute or so, because everything and everyone is covered with germs. But when I touch things like escalators or touch something slimey on the bus, I'm really just trying to get rid of the germs that I'm not normally exposed to on a regular basis. But when I pet my dogs or place my hand on my desk, I don't bother using a hand sanitizer for those things because I know that I will always have those germs on me no matter what I do.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:10 am      Reply with quote
There are many germs that alcohol can't kill, and it just evaporates too fast for it to be effective. But if it helps a little, then using it during emergencies is better than not using anything at all Smile
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with you Keliu. I get really grossed out touching public door handles, shaking hands, riding buses, etc, but I simply make VERY sure that I don't touch my face while I'm out. The second I get inside I wash my hands, and definitely wash before I use the restroom or eat.

I actually go so far as to wear gloves while riding public transit well into the spring, and never touch public restroom taps or door handles. I use a kleenex or piece of paper towel both before and after using the taps. Sure, I feel a little crazy sometimes, but when in ROME!!!

But the chemical in a lot of the wipes make me even more uncomfortable since I know there's good bacteria on my hands which is protecting me and my skin from more benign things like flu germs, but its not enough to protect my prescious hands against the drying/damaging nature of certain chemicals. I might consider more natural or diy wipes made with a few drops of tea tree or citrus oils or something similar.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Did you know that the biggest spreader of germs is MONEY. Seriously, all of this isn't worth worrying about. When we're babies, we put everything we can lay our hands on into our mouths - this is nature's way of allowing our bodies to build up immunity to germs. Mothers who don't allow their children to do this are doing them a great dis-service. This paranoia about germs and trying to create a sterile environment for children is causing a rise in allergies and asthma in the population. You can't live in a sterile bubble - everything is covered in bacteria but that doesn't mean you're going to contract some terrible disease by touching things. Get out there are live your life without all this stress!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:54 am      Reply with quote
I agree, Keliu.

I used to work with a lady who kept those hand sanitizers in her car & had them in her home. She was a bit fanatical about using them. I've never met anyone who had to take more time off work for sickness. Every second week she was sick or one of her kids were sick & she couldn't come into work. Her kids had asthma too.

Wash your hands regularly & thoroughly with warm water & soap & teach children to keep their hands away from their faces.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Now there's this 'disease' called Morgellons that is spreading like wildfire on the net. People claim that blue and red fibres come out of their skin and one guy even managed to link it to the same blue and red fibres in US notes.

Talking about money, I agree it is one of the dirtiest thing ever... lol. Imagine the number of hands it has passed through, dropped in a public toilet or even in a toilet bowl and retrieved (of course!). Some people even use money as tissue paper (in emergency situations) for whatever crap you can thing of.

I have the habit of using tissue/paper to open toilet doors and pressing the toilet flush too! Though the entire public toilet is filled with stinky bacteria spray from flushes anyway Sad but any little bit helps. I wonder why they don't go the Japanese way and have everything on sensor where you don't have to touch the soap dispenser nor the tap nor the flush (flushes when the toilet door opens). Even the main door opens via sensor.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I like to wash hand instead of use this

Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |