Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Weight loss & clear skin after 3 months of Omega 3, ACV,
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:33 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to share that I've been taking NN Ultimate Omega 3 and ACV tonic and 2 bags of Republic of Tea Skin Tea (Get Gorgeous) every day for the last 3 months. I just now got my TTOTM and I didn't even "know" I got it until I saw it. Usually, there are always symptoms when it's coming: cramps, sinus, backaches, pimples, soreness, or bloatiness. FYI, I don't take BCP so my TTOTM comes whenever -- between 28-35 days. This is the 3rd month that I haven't gotten a SINGLE pimple nor accompanied PMS symptoms during TTOTM. I'm wondering if it has to do with my Omega 3, ACV tonic, and ROT Skin tea since my diet & exercise lifestyle are exactly the same.

During the 1st month I thought it was a fluke; 2nd month I was thinking "ok maybe they are working"; now during the 3rd TTOTM, I'm thinking it's most definitely working. I'm just so happy that I haven't dealt w/ a single zit in so long (knock on woods). I don't get pimples normally anyway, but when I do, I get those cystic ones during TTOTM, which I absolutely dread. They always leave PIH scars that take forever to go away.

Also, I lost 4 pounds and I wasn't even trying. I don't weigh myself often (a dozen times a year at most seriously) and I just hopped on the scale twice last week because I suddenly felt "lighter", and indeed I lost 4 pounds in 3 months in the winter time. Considering that I'm eating a 2500 calorie/day diet and exercise only 4-5 times a week for 30-60 minutes (my normal lifestyle), this was unusual and unwanted. I go to the gym to maintain a "higher" weight not to lose weight since I'm already underweight.

I also have a lot more energy as well as healthier hair, nail and skin (glowing and not drying at all this winter). These were the only changes I made in the past 3 months besides going to the sauna 4x/week for 10-15 minutes (right after I exercise). I'm not sure which of those changes produce all these wonderful results, but I hope it may help someone else here...
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
What is that tea and where can you get it? (What is in it?)

Also, how do you use the ACV?

Thanks!
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
What are the ingredients in the tea?
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
It's Republic of Tea Get Gorgeous Tea (tea for clear skin) and contains rooibos, orange peel, hibiscus flowers, chamomile flowers, red clover flower, chaste berries, burdock roote and "natural pomegranate flavor,". Instructions recommend drinking 3-4 cups on a daily basis, but I only use 2 bags in a 1L boiling water. I then sip it all day long. It's very mild fruity tea and non-caffeinated so you can drink at any time. Even though it contains rooibos, it's very very mild as I've had other strong rooibos tea before. I got this at whole foods for $10/tin/36bags.

ACV tonic: I use a pyrex baking glass (the 12oz one). I pour Braggs ACV to almost 50mL mark, then pour warm water (as warm as you can tolerate in one gulp) water until the very top (about 10 oz) to dilute it. I use a very big straw (starbucks) and drink it as fast as I can. Immediately afterwards, I rinse my mouth out several times with water. Don't brush your teeth for at least 45 minutes. I usually brush my teeth before drinking my ACV and just rinse after.

My morning routine: I place 7c of filtered water my Braun Kettle to boil which takes 3.5 minutes. Use some of water for ACV and most for tea. I try to drink at least 2L or more of my herbal tea/warm water a day (same tea bags just keep refilling w/ filtered boiling water). I always drink warm water or tea not cold. Warmness makes it easier for me to drink more fluid, but then I also discovered that it's better for your system as well. Whatever helps you drink more fluid -- go w/ that method, IMO.

At dinner I take 1 pill of Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega 3 or 1/8 teaspoon in NN Ultimate OMega and now that I'm done w/ my pills. I switched to liquid b/c it's cheaper and more potent but messier. No fish taste either way. Love it. It helps w/ my mood/hair/nail/skin/PMS. I don't take any other medications. I sometimes pop in a multi but not religiously.

My skin care routine is pretty simple. I don't use cleanser in the morning at least in winter time anyway. I just use wet cloth (organic bamboo micro fiber cloth) to pat down my face w/ warm water. Apply Kinerase Light Clear moisturizer or sunscreen if I go out. At
night, I use Boscia Clear Complexion or purifying cleanser (both are almost identical to me). Then I use Kinerase Clear Moisturizer Light sparingly all over (this stuff has a very small amount of BHA in it, but it works for me). Once a week I use Skinceuticals retinol .5% (on Sunday) and AHA stuff (I have mama lotion or my AHA ameripure liquid) on Wednesday. I always use my products sparingly on cleansed/damp skin.

I do eat 3 serv fruits and 5 veggies a day but I also eat a lot of junk food. I am a compulsive junk food eater (a whole bag of chips, an entire box of milk duds, bag M&M, cheesecakes, pizzas, etc.). I'm planning on reducing my junk food intake in the near future (after my TTOTM, hopefully) and substitute "heathier food" like whole grain pasta, protein, etc...
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
chesterfield, I'm curious...any chance you noticed a decrease in the congestion of your skin? That's awesome that there was such a decrease in everything. I'm anxious to try it myself, now! Smile
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
what does the ACV do???? Can I just put it on my salad with olive oil and call it a day?I dont know about drinking it Embarassed Embarassed
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, less to no congestion. I'm not sure what if that's due to my skincare or my ACV, tea, and Omega-3. My TTOTM is completely over now (after 24-48hours). I'm beyond thrilled. I'll let you know again next month. So far no pimple yet (3 months and counting ...). I'll update again next month...

I'm sure you can just add it to you salad, but it should be taken on empty stomach from what I read. It gets me going in the morning as well (#2). It also gives me a lot of energy. It's just a habit I guess. I don't think about it anymore...I just do it. Boil my water and drink it up quickly, rinse my mouth a couple times to prevent enamel erosion. Dilute it as much as possible to bring the pH up to near neutral pH to prevent damage to your teeth. I pour 50mL or less in my pyrex glass, fill about 14 oz w/ warm water. Use straw to gulp it all down quickly. It tastes good to me now ... Google ACV and you will see a ton of information. I also take Republic of Tea Skin Tea, and Ultimate Omega 3. I also work out 5 times a week. I think it's the combination that gives me this glowing skin, acne-free, clogged-pore-free skin. I love it.
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Chesterfield said:
Don't brush your teeth for at least 45 minutes. I usually brush my teeth before drinking my ACV and just rinse after.

How come?
Frangipani
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have a quick question - what are the benefits/purpose of drinking ACV?

Great work on the weight loss and clear skin Chesterfield! Thanks for sharing.
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
kittylove, brushing teeth right after ACV will erode the enamel. the acidity of the ACV will soften your enamel and brushing it then will take them right off. You will need to let your enamel harden back up before brushing it. Thus, I just brush before, and rinse w/ water after.

Benefits of ACV are abundant. It helps w/ acid reflux, stomach ulcer, arthritis, sore throat, candida, weight loss, etc. Like I said, just google them and you will find a ton of information. It's not something new...it's been around for ages. Chemo/cancer patients use it to keep them healthy, etc.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:45 am      Reply with quote
well if you use a straw that would bypass your teeth? Also cant you get ACV in pill form thus avoiding the unpleasant experience?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:07 am      Reply with quote
OMG!!!! Mad Mad Mad That stuff is nasty even when diluted with water I just cant drink it Sad There has GOT to be a better way!)Someone tell me there are tablets to take!
miko
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I've been doing the ACV for a while. I drink every day a litre or more but i add the ACV to 1L water and maple syrup or honey and its great little bit sour, little bit sweet. I love it!
And if you Google it you will find a lot of information about it.
Good luck!
charlibets
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:17 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
OMG!!!! Mad Mad Mad That stuff is nasty even when diluted with water I just cant drink it Sad There has GOT to be a better way!)Someone tell me there are tablets to take!

I had the same reaction. I *really* want to do this, but I just can't get it down. It's like drinking dilute salad dressing. I want a tablet too!

Betsy
Frangipani
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information.

I just googled ACV - tonnes of info. I had never heard of drinking it before.

Lot's of benefits but I'm not so sure I could stomach it everyday.

I might give it a try though.
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried many different brands, and some make me "gag". But I absolutely LOVE LOVE Bragg's Organice Apple Cider Vinegar "mother" kind. It's extremely mild and yummy. I've tried about 5 other Organic kinds and they were too acidic, too smelly, or something. Get Braggs and dilute it...it tastes almost like nothing if you drink it fast enough.

Pills don't work as well, I was told. At least get yourself a Braggs' ACV and try it. Start w/ 1 tablespoon, an go up. The key I think is to be open minded and get the right ACV. If it doesn't work out then I suggest you dilute it w/ honey, or whatever. However, diluting it w/ honey will make it less "valuable" and less "potent" because it changes the components/pH level. It's highly recommended that you drink it w/ water dilution only.
miko
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I also use Bragg's Organice Apple Cider Vinegar is the best.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Yesterday - I did about 2 Tablespoons of Bragg's and added about 12 oz H2O.... And drank that baby down. Not too bad.

With regards to dissolving enamel: The thing is we eat vinegar on salad and it's full-strength! so logically speaking diluted to this degree should be less damaging to enamel than eating a salad Laughing .
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, if you can use the straw it's even better. Just try not to brush your teeth immediately afterwards -- give it 30-45 minutes to let the enamel harden. Yes, salad dressing vinegar is bad too but we don't brush our teeth right away it's ok. Just rinse it out w/ water. I've been doing it for over 3 months so I cannot be sure, but I've known people who have done it for many years and their teeth are fine. Bragg's is the BEST (get one w/ "mother").
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Try to eat 1 lemon with peel everyday can help on detoxing, whitening skin and minimizing pores. But the acidic really irritates my teeth.
nakeidknits
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
My grandmother used to drink diluted vinegar and honey every morning religiously. Made us drink it as kids. Barf-o-rama.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I was doing this....gonna get back to doing it again....I guess using an artifical sweetner, would kind of defeat the purpose????

rebecca

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, using honey, sugar, or anything else in ACV solution will change the pH and effectiveness of ACV once reaches your stomach. I don't drink it w/ anything. It actually doesn't taste that bad at all using the Bragg's ACV. It's sort of sweet/sour. I use the Starbucks big straw and gulp it all down first thing on empty stomach. You can do it at night on empty stomach again if you want to lose weight faster. I don't. I just do it once in the morning when I first wake up. If you're going to do it, try your best just dilute it w/ water and/or use very small amount (1teaspoon) initially until you're used to it. I take 50mL (3Tablespoons) and that doesn't bother me at all...

UPDATE: I'm still acne-free. I'm seriously so thankful and just want to share. My skin is awesome and I even ate poorly. I still eat of sugar and salt. Before, eating poorly will definitely cause me to break out sooner or later but not anymore. I have so much energy now too -- working out more and continue shed pounds (though I eat extra to compensate weight loss). It's so worth it to spend a couple minutes gulping down that ACV every morning. I have days where I'm so busy that I don't even want to start my day doing this but it seriously works for me. Try Bragg's ACV w/ "mother".
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:24 am      Reply with quote
1 month UPDATE:
TTOTM again just a moment ago. I have no symptom this time (usual cramps,aches,etc.) but I did eat crave a lot more salt and ate a lot more hence I know my PMS is coming, and it came just now. I still clear skin, no congestion, no blackhead, etc. I'm still on the same routine, etc. However, I'll see how it goes in the next month as I'm going to have to wear Sunscreen more often now and heavier duty one as UV index is getting higher and I'm going to be spending a lot of time outdoor. I'll keep my fingers crossed...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |